User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 3:28:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I fear for the day when you are right. Hell the day may be in less than a week.

What I really fear is what comes after. The American Revolution of the late 1700s is the only one I can think of that didnt turn into an oppressive dictatorship as a result.

Anybody have other more positive examples?

Our "Revolution" was in fact a rebellion. We replaced our top level government, but didn't fundamentally restructure society, or the states. It was inherently a conservative event.

The clusterfucks happen when you try to remake society.

Yup it wasn't a true revolution.  Revolutions are mainly a leftist thing.  The first modern revolution was the French Revolution.  That's the kind of thing one should expect from revolutions, except that our technology makes the death toll way larger (such as in the Russian and German examples).

Our War of Independence was simply a severance of political ties with the metropolitan UK and the Crown, nothing more.  It wasn't even a rebellion against monarchy as a form of government, as many of the Founders favored that system (and a few thought we would become corrupted without a monarch).  It was basically a reaction to abuse by the national government at the time without us having any say in that government, i.e. no real way to redress our grievances and peacefully change things, even with the support of some of the Whigs in Parliament (especially the Irish ones like Burke).  The abuses in this case were what was then considered excessive taxation (the Founders would be apoplectic at today's taxation), harmful economic policies meant to benefit metropolitan Britain at our expense, and violations of American liberties and punitive actions against cities in response to unrest that itself was a reaction to these policies and the lack of representation.  Of course, the UK's government had some legitimate grievances as well (they fought a big war to defend the colonies and part of the taxation policy was to recoup the costs, which were rather substantial).

The Founders were (mostly) conservative types and the English-speaking peoples tend to have a conservative, evolutionary mentality rather than a revolutionary one.  That's part of why the War of Independence didn't get radicalized.  

Regarding today's situation, I think had the Founders somehow been immortal they would have called for armed rebellion by the 1930s.  If they popped into today's world they'd be wondering wy we had not already engaged in rebellion.  The British government of the 1770s was several orders of magnitude more liberal than the current U.S. government and the governments of many States, cities, etc.  I don't think King George III could have imagined having as much power as our national government does now.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 3:50:06 AM EDT
[#2]
You clearly have an army of journalist and reporters on the Dems side, if there was voter fraud by Republicans, they'd be all over it 24/7.  Yet Dems always get a free pass or an excuse for their misdeeds.  Most of the media is just a subsidiary of the Democrat Party.  Those who don't think so should take off their one way glasses.

Dead people votes in Dem districts?  Not a word, and I know a black woman who found out someone was voting under her deceased mom's name for over a decade in Harlem.  Man she was pissed.

Illegal immigrant voters?  Not a word.

Late ballots for our military?  Yawn, mentioned in passing, No big deal.

Newly discovered ballot boxes in heavily Dem districts that mysteriously are found when the chips are down?  Normal, don't ask anymore questions.

ACORN member convicted of voter fraud?  Buried in fine print somewhere after the fact.

Black Panthers intimidating voters?  Very little reported except for Fox.  Hell, Bob Scheiffer (CBS) never even heard about it, and he is one of the pros.

Voting without requiring IDs?  I don't see Republicans promoting this, only the Dems.

Prison inmates voting? I don't see Republicans promoting this, only the Dems.

Allowing legal non citizens to vote in our elections?  I only see Democrats pushing this idea.

So this everybody does it really is not true.  Someone correctly stated projection.  

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 4:19:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
The "ballot box" has about ran it's course...

What I really fear is what comes after. The American Revolution of the late 1700s is the only one I can think of that didnt turn into an oppressive dictatorship as a result.

You guys always seem to forget the middle one....so eager to go off killin...

1. Ballot Box
2. Jury Box
3. Cartridge Box

There are some who do not believe we can depend on the courts anymore.  When your confidence in most institutions is gone...well, people begin to get desperate.  Trouble ahead, if those in charge of enforcing our rule of law do not step up and do some difficult things.

dvo
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 4:47:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are there ANY examples of voter fraud that end up in a Republican's favor????

Not that I want there to be, it's just quite a coincidence isn't it.

The left frequently claim that Bush got elected for this reason, as well as many other examples. If you check your perspective you will see that both sides claim voter fraud with great frequency.

Except the machines were not picking bush, people claimed the uncounted votes because of "chads" were really democrat votes. Apparently only democrats cannot master the complicated act of removing a paper tab.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 4:47:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:14:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I think these elections could easily be rigged without much knowledge of it if they are not already. The ones that have been noted and nothing done about have not set the bar very high for the Dems as it is. We have dead people voting, bums voting multiple times then with Senator Stuart Smalley we had a bunch of ballots for him show up in someoen's trunk, black panther voter intimidation left unprosecuted. And we can't forget the Gore fiasco of recounts and lawsuits over every dimpled chad. We let all of this go on right in front of our eyes so I'd say once they decide to start rigging machines we are pretty much done if not already. All they would have to do is shave the opponent's vote by a few points over what the pols say they need, that and the fact that pretty close to half of the nation will willfully vote for the Dems anyways means it really wouldn't take much.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:19:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The left frequently claim that Bush got elected for this reason, as well as many other examples. If you check your perspective you will see that both sides claim voter fraud with great frequency.

Nixon in '60 had a good argument that he lost due to fraud. Gore in 2000, not so much.

I understand that Gore was upset at the loss. He only lost by some 800 votes (first count, IIRC) in florida, and won the popular vote overall. The problem is, their plan was to keep counting until they won one. But then what? If the 4th count or the 6th count came out in favor of Gore, does that mean he won? Basically ignore the results until it favors Gore? That's what they wanted––2000 was in a sense a complex Democrat voter fraud.

Can you say "Senator Al Franken"?

Without gagging, that is....
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:30:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

1. Ballot Box
2. Jury Box
3. Cartridge Box

I'm sure the soap box fits in there somewhere...

Don't forget Pine Box.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:34:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Early / absentee ballots is where the majority of the fraud exists btw.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:35:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Why does this not surprise me?

I like how the guy said that the screens were very sensitive. If that were the case, just as many people would complain that his opponents name was checked.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:39:55 AM EDT
[#11]
There will be rampant voter fraud this election cycle by Democrats IMHO.  

Why shouldn't they engage in voter fraud when they see idiot Holder drop criminal charges against voter intimidation on behalf of criminals who supported his President?

Also, why shouldn't they engage in voter fraud when they see the President calling all who disagree with him as "THE ENEMY"?

Their leaders, indirectly IMHO, are sanctioning voter fraud to keep Democrats in the majority.

This is just my opinion, but I honestly believe that the VAST majority of Democrats have no problem with cheating to win an election.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:27:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well you're not going to find anybody discussing republican voter fraud on this site, but just google "republican voter fraud" and you'll get plenty of examples on both sides.

Republican voter fraud is mostly leftist projection.

They blame the Republicans of doing what they do.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 8:06:14 AM EDT
[#13]
I guess we ARE fucked...
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 8:17:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well you're not going to find anybody discussing republican voter fraud on this site, but just google "republican voter fraud" and you'll get plenty of examples on both sides.

Republican voter fraud is mostly leftist projection.

They blame the Republicans of doing what they do.

As a local radio personality says, "If you want to see what the Democrats are doing, listen to what they are accusing the Republicans of."
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 8:19:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Electronic voting is BS.

A 100% hard card system should be reinstated, and if it takes 3 fkn days to vote...so be it.

WE got 300 million + people in this country, how the fk is it that the amount of time to vote would never adjust

This kind of BS was inevitable
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 8:24:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yeah, nearly everyone's using touch screen machines now.

Edit: In case you were wondering, yes, I am being a smart ass.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 8:27:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Electronic voting is BS.

A 100% hard card system should be reinstated, and if it takes 3 fkn days to vote...so be it.

WE got 300 million + people in this country, how the fk is it that the amount of time to vote would never adjust

This kind of BS was inevitable

You really want to go back to "hanging chads" and "dimpled ballots" and "voter intent" where they get to interpret the votes in the way that they see fit? I don't.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 8:29:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except the machines were not picking bush, people claimed the uncounted votes because of "chads" were really democrat votes. Apparently only democrats cannot master the complicated act of removing a paper tab.

Not to mention...  this was all in the popular vote - which is itself really just an exercise in futility.   The uproad was that Gore WON the popular vote.    He LOST the electorial vote - which is what determines who moves into the Big House and who doesn't.   Popular vote DOES elect senators and representatives, however; thus fraud is far more influential.

Not exactly the same difference .....

Quick blurb from Wiki:
The Electoral College consists of the popularly elected representatives (electors) who formally elect the President and Vice President of the United States. Since 1964, there have been 538 electors in each presidential election.[1] Article II, Section 1, Clause 2 of the Constitution specifies how many electors each state is entitled to have and that each state's legislature decides how its electors are to be chosen. U.S. territories are not represented in the Electoral College. The Electoral College is an example of an indirect election.

The election for President and Vice President is not a direct election by United States citizens. Citizens vote for electors, representing a state, who are the authorized constitutional participants in a presidential election. In early U.S. history, some state laws delegated the choice of electors to the state legislature. Electors are free to vote for anyone eligible to be President, but in practice pledge to vote for specific candidates and voters cast ballots for favored presidential and vice presidential candidates by voting for correspondingly pledged electors.[2][3]

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 8:53:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

1. Ballot Box
2. Jury Box
3. Cartridge Box

Any body looking for me next Tuesday, come down to the basement.

I'll be loading mags. I fear that all is for naught, and we have lost this battle.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 8:54:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nixon in '60 had a good argument that he lost due to fraud. Gore in 2000, not so much.

I understand that Gore was upset at the loss. He only lost by some 800 votes (first count, IIRC) in florida, and won the popular vote overall. The problem is, their plan was to keep counting until they won one. But then what? If the 4th count or the 6th count came out in favor of Gore, does that mean he won? Basically ignore the results until it favors Gore? That's what they wanted––2000 was in a sense a complex Democrat voter fraud.

I believe that they cheated so much they couldn't believe that they were even close, much less losing.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 8:59:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Gee, for some reason, I'm not surprised.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:06:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Ladies I am shocked at the complacency here.  Oh smirk its just democratic politics as usual, pass the ketchup.  Oh what can we do about it.  

Sorry but the retorts in this thread sound like a bunch of limp wristed slack jawed mangina faggots.  If I lived in NV, I would be shouting it from the roof tops.  I would be picketing, holding signs, shouting OUR ELECTION WILL NOT BE STOLEN.  

But no, we just sit around and let it happen.  AGAIN
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 10:03:54 AM EDT
[#23]
The SEIU servicing voting machines is a serious problem, imo, and I'm surprised it was never raised as an issue until now. Is this only in Nevada or is it in other states as well?

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:34:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

There will be rampant voter fraud this election cycle by Democrats IMHO.

Why shouldn't they engage in voter fraud when they see idiot Holder drop criminal charges against voter intimidation on behalf of criminals who supported his President?

Also, why shouldn't they engage in voter fraud when they see the President calling all who disagree with him as "THE ENEMY"?

Their leaders, indirectly IMHO, are sanctioning voter fraud to keep Democrats in the majority.

This is just my opinion, but I honestly believe that the VAST majority of Democrats have no problem with cheating to win an election.

By definition, progressives believe in 'ends justify the means' and they have no honor.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

1. Ballot Box
2. Jury Box
3. Cartridge Box

Fuck that!  Half the supreme court doesn't understand the nature of individual rights.  The Jury box is out to lunch.

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 2:39:35 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me get this straight:

So there is no independently confirmed evidence of it actually happening.

Touch screens can be a pain in the ass if you don't use them correctly.  They "automatically" do things you don't want them to if you rest you hand on the screen, have more than one point of contact with them, etc.

However, is it outside the realm of possibility that these people fucked up while voting.

The most logical conclusion that its a union conspiracy.

Did I miss anything?

And if there are proven cases of dem fraud, the media will actually cover it...........right.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

And even if there were proven cases of dem fraud elsewhere in the country it doesn't mean this case is.

But hey, why be logical when you can freak out over the drop of a hat?

That should be the new GD motto.

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 4:10:20 AM EDT
[#27]
How many people remember the Fox News story that had a guy tamper with a voting machine? It took him about 10 seconds to give false results.

Nothing done about it then and there'll be nothing done about it now.

eta: in '08
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 4:29:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Time to go back to using marbles for votes.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 4:54:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Gerald Celente mentioned there would be voter unrest arising from the November elections.  Fill your sandbags and tank up your cars.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top