[#1]
How do you change it from 3 to 5 discs?
I can't find the link/option...
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:51:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
How do you change it from 3 to 5 discs?
I can't find the link/option...

"Your Account" Link -> Account Details -> Membership -> "change" link.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:57:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Netflix sucks...  

no, you suck.

ETA: There is room for improvement though... if they added pr0n to their selection. At that point they would their sales woudl probably go through the roof... from my house alone. I'm just not all that crazy about going to a sleezy pr0n rental store.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:38:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I just started and so far  been very happy!

had one disk that   was badly scrachted but they had a new one at my door in a day.

A+ service for me so far.

Mt Hunter
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:44:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Tag. The GF and I have been debating about switching to Netflix and I am interested in what everyone else has to say.

I have the Netflix 5 disc plan, I live on an island and the distribution center is about 150 miles away.

My turn around times have been 2-3 days, and I am a heavy user.

If I use my mail box the mail carrier does not return to the local post office until 5 pm, and the mail goes out on the 9 pm truck to a USPS distribution center, and then is sorted and placed on another truck going to the Netflix distribution center.

If I take it to the post office before 9 am then it goes on the 12 pm truck.
If it's at the post office before 2 pm then it goes on the 5 pm truck.
Sometimes my turn around time is one day.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:09:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I am on the Netflix 3 disc plan.  I have been a member for almost a year.

I love it!  I tend to watch mostly older (classic) movies so the occasional lead time for the latest releases does not affect me.  If you like classics or hard to find stuff, Netflix has a LOT better selection (at least in this area).

I am near a distribution center so it usually takes the discs one business day to get there, one day for them to process the next selection (not always, most of the time it's shipped the same day) and then one day for it to get to me.  I am a heavy user (I usually cycle through 2-3 discs per week) and I have not experienced any significant delays.  

Thumbs up to Netflix!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 2:46:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
had one disk that   was badly scrachted but they had a new one at my door in a day.
Mt Hunter

I plan on writing them a letter in hopes of getting a month of free service on that issue. My wife got the entire Sex and the City series and every disc had at least  one episode that wouldn't play because of a scratch. That does put a suck point against them, but we still like them better than Blockbuster.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:25:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow, thats pretty shocking. I have been using netflix three out, for about two years and not one problem. If your getting crappy service, switch to BBO, but I heard they don't have as many movies. Better yet, just go into BB, you'll get the movie right then and there.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:31:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:56:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I had a membership with netflix.  The 1st 2 months were great.  I'd get the movies on Monday have them back by Wednesday and get another set by Friday/Saturday.

The 3rd month, things changed.  I sent movies back on a Friday and didn't get the next set until Wednesday.  Even though I sent the movies back on Thursday, my next set didn't get into the mail until the following Monday.   This limited me to only 1 set per week and I couldn't break the cycle no matter how quickly I sent the movies back.

Then I got a broken disk.  I looked at the crack, it was barely visible but the disk was broken thru.  Sent it back for a replacement and wrote 'broken disk' on the cover.   I swear, they took the same disk, put into a new sleeve and sent it back to me.  The crack on the "replacement" was the same.  What are the odds?

Anyway, I was entertained while I was layed up with a broken leg and seen quite a  few good movies.  I'll have to give Hollywood time to catch up and put some worthwhile new releases out.

Netflix:  3 out of 5 stars.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top