Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:27:42 AM EDT
[#1]
In the culture of poverty/idiocracy/street, it is important to conspicuously display your wealth. Wealth that isn't shown off isn't actual wealth. Your worth as a person is directly related to how much shiny shit you have hanging off your body or your car.

Saving money is for suckahs. Spending money on actually useful things is for suckahs.

I teach a lot of kids from this culture, and they'll tell you plainly how it works.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[P.S., yes, I do know what I'll have to do first if SHTF, it'll be sad]

You're going to eat your fat neighbor?

I lol'd.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:34:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

[P.S., yes, I do know what I'll have to do first if SHTF, it'll be sad]

You're going to eat your fat neighbor?
oh...you though of it too? glad to know there are others on here as sick as I am.

Considering the way he described him, you're looking at not only food, but the grease to cook it in, as well.

"Boiled in his own pudding," as Ebenezer Scrooge puts it in Dickens' classic.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:36:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes... I see crap like this all the time. I'm a prepper as well. And I've been known to buy toys (guns/guitars/etc) when I can afford. But it's ALWAYS after paying bills, buying food, paying LOTS of child support (above and beyond what the state mandates by far), etc. So it irks my wife and I BIG time to see this crap. I give money to the local rescue mission, Help For Homeless Pets, and a few other charities from every paycheck. But lately I've had a LOT of stores that I patronize ask me to give to this or that when I check-out. It gets OLD! Yesterday it was the local food bank. Now I know there are a lot of needy families that get fed from the food bank. God bless them for that. But as we walked to our car yesterday, I told the wife "I'll bet that 90% of the people that go to the food bank smoke, drink and even do drugs". What a bunch of BS. Yeah, it's a good thing someone's feeding their kids. But here's a novel idea –– STOP DRINKING, SMOKING AND DOING DRUGS AND FEED YOUR OWN DAMN KIDS!!!  
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:37:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I know exactly what you mean, lately I've been trying to hire some people to do some light construction work, helping me get my place ready for winter. I had a few people I was paying $15 an hour, but they stopped showing up. They would rather collect their unemployment sitting around swilling beer than work for an honest dollar for honest work. This is in rural America too, where there used to be something left of the work ethic.

We're doomed.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:48:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
my advise. sabotage him. give him some ammo with no powder in it.

This, than you will have a 92FS, by the way, would a primer stick the bullet in the barrel?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:54:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Atleast they are not commuting more socially intrusive crimes in your community... I would keep an eye on men the daughter bring home.

I would submit that the welfare-leech, entitlement mentality, and all that accompanies it, is at least as harmful to this country as 'actual' crime.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:00:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If he tips the scales at 350, a week without food would be of benefit to him.
Probably tough on the rest of the family though.

My first thought.  Ver batim.

Same here...  
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:01:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Atleast they are not commuting more socially intrusive crimes in your community... I would keep an eye on men the daughter bring home.

I would submit that the welfare-leech, entitlement mentality, and all that accompanies it, is at least as harmful to this country as 'actual' crime.

More harmful. At least it's legal in certain situations to shoot the people who are committing armed robbery against you directly. There is no solution available to law-abiding citizens to prevent or discourage the welfare shitbags from robbing us.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:05:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:...You're going to eat your fat neighbor?

Don't do it!

Instead: Render him and use the fat to light your house with oil lamps.  

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:17:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:...You're going to eat your fat neighbor?

Don't do it!

Instead: Render him and use the fat to light your house with oil lamps.  

You could also use his tanned hide as a nice sleeping bag, depending on how big the pot belly is...

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:18:28 PM EDT
[#12]
finally a use for those safe-T bullets that are designed to plug the barrell.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:18:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Most always say, "Don't involve the Man in your life".
I say make a call to the welfare department.  He is ripping off the U.S. Government and I do not like it.

Only in America!

Poor in Africa (and most of the world)

Poor in America
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:39:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
what happened to good old fashioned shame?

Didnt you hear? There is no reason for shame anymore because its always someone or something elses fault.

Hooked on drugs? Mommy and daddy didnt love you enough
Nobody will hire you just cuz you have street tats all over your face? its "the man" holdin you down
Got ticketed for 130 in a 65? Cop was a total d*ck
Wussy kid shoots up his school? Its the schools, firearms mfg's, parents, teachers, video games, hollywood's fault.

Personal responsibility is dead.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I bet he voted for Obama.

This...
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#16]
This shit makes me sick. If I make it till January, that will make me 29 years as a coal miner. Started when I was 19. Had my lower spine fused, a pacemaker and they won't even try to fix my neck. You know where I going tomorrow, to work. I see these people all the time that are more able to work than I am, got their cell phones, their cigs, their nice cars, eating on food stamps, living on section 8, got a freakin medical card and all they do is bitch. Always some big controversy. They ain't got nothing else to do.
 Had to take my mother to the ER last week. ER is always full of these bastards, seems like when one comes they bring the whole damn family. I was just setting there listening to these people and thinking is this what I have worked all my life for, to support this. One group was talking about 4 families living in one trailer. Then a couple walks in, she looks about 16 and knocked up. He looks about 20, pants down on his ass. Comes over and sits beside me, wants to know how long I have been waiting, he's pissed because they can't go straight in. Had to get up and go outside. The worst part is they think it is their right. I know some families where I was raised that are on the fourth generation of drawers. Sorry about the rant. I didn't mean to highjack. If anybody is offended by this, I really don't care.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:18:21 PM EDT
[#17]
This is only shocking if you haven't already lost all faith in humanity.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet he voted for Obama.

This...

Bet he didn't vote at all.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:43:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Yes... I see crap like this all the time. I'm a prepper as well. And I've been known to buy toys (guns/guitars/etc) when I can afford. But it's ALWAYS after paying bills, buying food, paying LOTS of child support (above and beyond what the state mandates by far), etc. So it irks my wife and I BIG time to see this crap. I give money to the local rescue mission, Help For Homeless Pets, and a few other charities from every paycheck. But lately I've had a LOT of stores that I patronize ask me to give to this or that when I check-out. It gets OLD! Yesterday it was the local food bank. Now I know there are a lot of needy families that get fed from the food bank. God bless them for that. But as we walked to our car yesterday, I told the wife "I'll bet that 90% of the people that go to the food bank smoke, drink and even do drugs". What a bunch of BS. Yeah, it's a good thing someone's feeding their kids. But here's a novel idea –– STOP DRINKING, SMOKING AND DOING DRUGS AND FEED YOUR OWN DAMN KIDS!!!

They are the same as some of the people I used to hang out with when I was younger.  The dumbasses could afford to drink and party all weekend, but they never had food at home, could never afford to put more than a couple of bucks worth of gas in the car at a time (but they could afford case of beer, bottles of liquor and bags of weed every damn weekend).  Also like the dumbasses that can't afford to buy their own health insurance, but have large LCD TVs, Xbox 360s, PS3s, and cars with 22s and fully custom car stereos.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:08:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

In the culture of poverty/idiocracy/street, it is important to conspicuously display your wealth. Wealth that isn't shown off isn't actual wealth. Your worth as a person is directly related to how much shiny shit you have hanging off your body or your car.

Saving money is for suckahs. Spending money on actually useful things is for suckahs.

I teach a lot of kids from this culture, and they'll tell you plainly how it works.

My cousin just got back from a Peace Corps gig in Panama and told me about the rural Central American version of ghetto thinking. Guys that make an average of $2 per day in the coffee plantations will spend 10-20 days' wages on a flashy shirt with BeDazzler-style bling all over it. The most important thing is looking sharp regardless of whether your kids have had any protein this month.

Actually those are the really squared away guys compared to the ones who simply drink and fight every payday until the money is gone.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top