Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:06:09 AM EDT
[#1]
How about spraying the fence line with fish emulsion every time they start a party.  Nothing like the smell of rotten fish to clear an area.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:10:50 AM EDT
[#2]
i have to go with the consensus on this.  if you aren't willing to bring the police or some other form of law enforcement in on this then you really have no recourse.  you could try to "out gun" them with your own loud music when they have a party but my money says they will call the cops on you for it if they aren't that friendly to begin with.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:14:22 AM EDT
[#3]
LOL! I vote loud country music (and i don't even like country music)
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:15:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My suggestion: Nothing, the same answer you've come up with.  If you know the parents aren't going to do anything, and you refuse to bring the police into the situation, then your only other legal action is sit there and take it.  

Enjoy your summer.

Because I don't want the Cops to be the neighbor nannies?

That's what they are there for. If they won't listen to reason and be polite, good neighbors, then you have three options:

1) Do something equally annoying, but legal to them (running the risk of them calling the cops on you.

2) Do nothing and take it.

3) Participate in covert, illegal ops to make their lives hell (again, running the risk on cops being called on YOU).

There may be two other options. If your HOA has any rules against the noise you can get them involved. If you have the money, you can try a civil suit.

Good luck. Personally, Id just call the cops every night until they got the hint.

PS - who the fuck allows thier kids to throw a party EVERY night?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:16:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Just call the damn cops man !!! I bet the shit will stop , when these loud ass punks kids go to jail with the parents because of the drugs and drinking !
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:17:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I agree about always trying to not involve the cops, however, in this case you have no choice really.  Just do it.  

What kind of music do they listen to?

Maroon 5 and solo Rob Thomas
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:18:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Just call the cops. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:18:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What would your avatar do?

He'd......."Give you a war you won't believe"
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:25:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Apologize if someone has already suggested this.

If you don't want to call the police (which is what I would do), you can always document the behavior over a certain length of time, then hire a lawyer to file suit against them in the form of an injunction to force them to stop.  Get the neighbors involved too.

It would probably be expensive, and they will be aware of who filed the suit.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:36:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I refuse to bring the Cops into this

So you are seeing underage drinking and illegal drug use, and hearing rampant noise violations, and you don't want to take the ONLY recourse that will get you anywhere?  I'll echo what the rest of the posters said..."Have a great summer."

Any suggestions?Move.  Preferably in the middle of nowhere where it's nice and peaceful.  

Quoted:

Eh, it could be worse.  It could be Soulja Boy and techno...stuff my last girlfriend and her friends liked to listen to.

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:36:42 AM EDT
[#11]
double tap
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:41:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Get the plate numbers off of the cars. Video tape the party. Find out where the kids live and send copies of the video to the parents. Of course, this only works if the kids are doing anything illegal. Plus, if they are drinking or smoking pot, you have evidence you can show the cops when one of the fools kills himself or someone else (and they will sooner or later) when they get behind the wheel. I know you don't want to call the cops but I would be damned if I would let a bunch of drunk kids drive near my house and family when I knew about it. Anybody they kill or main will be on your conscious also.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:45:17 AM EDT
[#13]
If this is going on late at night, just go over to the fence and tell them if they keep that shit up, you WILL call the cops over noise complaints.  That way, they may be scared enough to stop it, and you won't have to follow through.  If that doesn't work, you gave them fair warning.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:50:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
My suggestion: Nothing, the same answer you've come up with.  If you know the parents aren't going to do anything, and you refuse to bring the police into the situation, then your only other legal action is sit there and take it.  

Enjoy your summer.

+1
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:52:01 AM EDT
[#15]
OK, if there is illegal activity going on and you dont want to call the cops then you will need to video tape the illegal activity, as much of it as possible, the best would be to catch the adults in the mix also, maybe not doing something illegal BUT viewing it or hanging around while it is happening. Then you go over to the house with the video, show it to them and again ask that they stop the activity and noise by 10pm. If they will not do this then simply tell them you will call the police and show them the video...

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:52:51 AM EDT
[#16]
So when they have a party till 2 or 3 am in the morning on the weekend.... then get up the next morning at dawn (6am or 6:30am) and cut your grass in the back yard and do other construction type activities..... hammering is always a good one..... Oh and play your country music while you do it...... and further more.... if you have a pistol, wear it openly while working. That'll get'em.....
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:53:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Gawd Damn W2'ers and their juvenile antics!!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:53:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I refuse to bring the Cops into this

So you are seeing underage drinking and illegal drug use, and hearing rampant noise violations, and you don't want to take the ONLY recourse that will get you anywhere?  I'll echo what the rest of the posters said..."Have a great summer."

Any suggestions?Move.  Preferably in the middle of nowhere where it's nice and peaceful.  

Quoted:

Eh, it could be worse.  It could be Soulja Boy and techno...stuff my last girlfriend and her friends liked to listen to.

I have to agree, nothing is worse than techno
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:54:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Do you happen to live in a neighboorhood with a home owners association?  Could try them, but then again thats like calling the cops with no major authority.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:55:25 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
So when they have a party till 2 or 3 am in the morning on the weekend.... then get up the next morning at dawn (6am or 6:30am) and cut your grass in the back yard and do other construction type activities..... hammering is always a good one..... Oh and play your country music while you do it...... and further more.... if you have a pistol, wear it openly while working. That'll get'em.....

I've done that. I've fired up the generators just to be a dick more than once at 7am, when noise time is legal just to be a dick. My neighbor next door came out and gave me the thumbs up!

I hate to do it, but I'm gonna call the man tonight.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:55:56 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Do you happen to live in a neighboorhood with a home owners association?  Could try them, but then again thats like calling the cops with no major authority.

No Home owner's assoc. THANK GOD
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:00:21 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No Home owner's assoc. THANK GOD

Right.. the last thing you would want is them poking their nose in where it doesn't belong. ;o)

I am not a big fan of HOA, but that shit wouldnt be an issue where my inlaws live.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:01:23 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I love techno - only its called Electronica now.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:02:14 AM EDT
[#24]
are there high school chicks at this party?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:02:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Get a loop of that Rick Roll music and put it on some outdoor speakers every time they are in thier back yard. You could even rig it up to a motion sensor so it would start if you were not home.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:03:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Either call the cops or quit yer bitchin'.

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:08:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Are you just mad because you are not invited to partake in their fun?

Just kidding!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:12:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Motion sensitive floodlights on your side of the property line. Nobody wants to party under a spotlight.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:16:10 AM EDT
[#29]
call cops

have talk w / parents

boom box w/ the song "feliz navidad" on loop pointed at their house with a strobe light from spencers.

they started it by having no regard for their neighbors

if you can find them, maybe you can hire the under 18 A-team to kick their ass.

this ones a little risky, but party flyers handed out to a rougher bunch, when enough undesireables show up to the party the parents will quit, also "can we dance with your dates" will put some fear in the burbhoods.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:17:12 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:17:17 AM EDT
[#31]
My lawn sprinklers would come on at 10PM.... I may have inadvertently set the coverage wrong so all the water goes into their backyard.

Seriously, just call the cops and let them deal with it - especially if there is illegal activity going on.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:18:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Hey,

I'll keep posting this until someone actually uses it:

Skunk Scent

It's all natural, occurs in nature, and you can't be blamed for it.

Only by amazing coincidence does the skunk come around and spray whenever they have a party.

Kevin "Amazing."
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:22:08 AM EDT
[#33]

No neighbors w/in one mile or more.  With having city water now (well water now just of irrigation)  I thank my lucky stars.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:22:14 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I love techno - only its called Electronica now.

You can call it whatever you wish, it is aggravating noise. Not one lick of musical substance and in these parts only Homos listen to it while dancing in mesh shirts and rubbing their bodies together.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:23:02 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Hey,

I'll keep posting this until someone actually uses it:

Skunk Scent

www.tinks69.com/images/products/coverscents/web/W6210_44189-6_700V.jpg

It's all natural, occurs in nature, and you can't be blamed for it.

Only by amazing coincidence does the skunk come around and spray whenever they have a party.

Kevin "Amazing."

There is already enough skunk smell coming from that yard.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:23:34 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
i134.photobucket.com/albums/q94/junker46/IMG_2140.jpg

No neighbors w/in one mile or more.  With having city water now (well water now just of irrigation)  I thank my lucky stars.

You're a lucky man.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:25:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Just call the fucking cops already.

What kind of party is over at 2-3am? Around here parties go until at least 6-7am.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:27:06 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Enjoy your summer.

Gotta say +1

+6 stop fucking yourself in the ass.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:30:14 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

There's a difference between, "Mmm, chronic." and "Ewww, WTF?!" skunk smell.

If that is really skunk oil, it'll make eyes water and throats burn.

Haven't you ever been around a skunk that's sprayed?  It can be brutal.

Kevin "Try it, they'll hate it."
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:30:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Maybe the Cops will shoot the dog.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:30:52 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Maybe the Cops will shoot the dog.

One can only hope
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:32:12 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's a difference between, "Mmm, chronic." and "Ewww, WTF?!" skunk smell.

If that is really skunk oil, it'll make eyes water and throats burn.

Haven't you ever been around a skunk that's sprayed?  It can be brutal.

Kevin "Try it, they'll hate it."

Oh yeah it sucks. I made the big time mistake of shooting a skunk with a 1911 many years ago for fucking with my Dog that was trying to evict it from it;s home under my deck.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:33:13 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're a lucky man.

If he has no neighbors for a mile, he's either a billionare (usually not luck) or that land is pretty damn cheap.

He's only lucky in the sense that he probably has a career that permits him to live in the middle of nowhere.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:35:41 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're a lucky man.

If he has no neighbors for a mile, he's either a billionare (usually not luck) or that land is pretty damn cheap.

He's only lucky in the sense that he probably has a career that permits him to live in the middle of nowhere.

Do you always feel the need to shit on others?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:35:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Good luck.

With the police involved they might get the hint or become spiteful.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:41:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Do their other neighbors have a problem with the noise?

If so, gang up on em' and ALL of you call the cops at once.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:43:44 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're a lucky man.

Do you always feel the need to shit on others?

how is that shitting on others?

I'd love to have a career where I could live a long way from a major airport.

He made a CHOICE to live out there....which has nothing to do with luck.

Any of us could make that same choice if we really wanted to.

-or-

we could be really wealthy and fly a helo into work.

Understand?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:43:53 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
What would your avatar do?

I don't know about his, but mine might use a skunk, a firehose, stink bombs, and some ipecac... all at the same time.  It'd be hilarious.

+1 on calling the cops.  This is what they are there for.  You're not calling about their dog barking at 3 in the afternoon or the excessive sprinkler use before noon.  Loud, obnoxious teenagers at night potentially engaging in illegal activities need a visit from the police.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:55:40 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
call cops

have talk w / parents

boom box w/ the song "feliz navidad" on loop pointed at their house with a strobe light from spencers.

they started it by having no regard for their neighbors

if you can find them, maybe you can hire the under 18 A-team to kick their ass.

this ones a little risky, but party flyers handed out to a rougher bunch, when enough undesireables show up to the party the parents will quit, also "can we dance with your dates" will put some fear in the burbhoods.

BRILLIANT!!

AB
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:02:48 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I just don't understand why teenage boys have to literally shout at the top of their lungs when gathered together, they can't talk, they have to shout. And they listen to the world's gayest music.

If its too loud your too old.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top