Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 10:36:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I wanna be a Seal!

Link Posted: 11/13/2003 10:57:40 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah i was in the ranger seals back in nam in 78. yeah we still had some guys in the nam after the war "officially" ended especially doing POW rescue. we had some sweet m16's from mattel that fired plastic bullets. more deadly cause they were lighter and traveled faster. These came over with chuck norris and his special hollywood commandos (he had to get the ideas for his movie somehow)

www.authentiseal.com

Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:35:01 AM EDT
[#3]
While in the Army, I WAS IN a DELTA FORCE recruitment presentaton. If I say the "a" and "recruitment briefing" really soft it sounds like I was in Delta Force but it's not really lying if YOU didn't hear the other parts.  

I could say that I was recruited by Delta Force but decided not to apply.  That would be a technically true statement. We had these things about once a year and if you MOS, rank and GT fit the need you were summoned to a recruitment briefing and see the spiel and get a chance to take the PT test and start the paperwork.

I never claim to be what I was not in the Army.  I was a fuel tester and fuel truck driver, squad leader, et al.  

FUEL, try fighting a war without us.

jd1
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 6:32:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If I want to show off an accomplishment of mine, I wear USNA gear, which I do quite often.

go army

BTW, your capitalization and punctuation sucks!

I'm glad I won't be around when you're calling in fire support!
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 8:38:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I encountered this POS that claims to have been a USMC Sniper in Vietnam. Get this, he used "the Stoner Weapons System with Nuclear Bullets". A friend looked him up, he has no DOD records and was in prison when he claimed to have been in "the Nam".
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 8:59:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yeah the 409th Dry Cleaning Battalion.

I can hear it now "one time in North Dakota, this tabbed Spec-4 comes in with a huge stain on his shirt, man I tell you, that was hell. We didn't think we could get it out. All of my soliders were smoked and I was the only one left to fight this stain. I finally got it out with a little "chemical" I won a Silver Star for that one, but the unifrom was a new classified type, so its not in my record, Fuck man, Delta ain't got nothin' on me!"

Did you serve with Billy May?  I think he stole your secret "chemical".
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 9:04:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Just out of high school I worked with a guy who was a real nut-job: Wore camo every day, 1000 yard stare, sharpened his knife AT WORK... the works.

He claimed he was in "'Nam".  I cornered him one day and started hardballing him to see if he would stick to his story..... he didn't.

The upshot?  He spend "'Nam" in the Air Force, washing planes in North Carolina!  hee hee hee
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 9:10:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Does this mean I can't play my SOCOM 2 anymore?
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 9:14:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Does this mean I can't play my SOCOM 2 anymore?

Yes.  And you can't go to the zoo either.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 10:30:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I agree with the guy (sorry dont remember who it was who said it) in this thread that said we are all saluting the same flag.  Marine, Army, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard are all working towards the same goal, keeping America safe.  We all have different missions and we all do different jobs.  Same with the Elite forces like SEALs, Delta, Recon, Force Recon, PJs and all the others that I failed to mention are all better then the rest of the world's military and better then most of the regular guys in our own military.  I honestly have a lot of respect for all of them.  Now back to the pissing contest!!
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 10:35:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So gay...

What doesn't make you gay, only makes you stronger.

That brought up some horrible images
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 10:42:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Gee, Fellas,

I guess this means I can't tell stories about charging up San Juan Hill with Teddy Roosevelt any more, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 1:51:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I got to meet a few at Little Creek once,  why would anyone want to impersonate these guys?

They are nuts!!!!
but they are truley reserved and give great advice on weapons qualifications.

But still who would want to jump out of a damn good airplane and swim to shore.

Not me!!!

Don't knock it till ya try it...    
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 2:27:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Peronally, I don't think there is any outfit that is better trained, tougher, or more capable for all around assignments than the Navy SEALs.

Well 'plain this one, Lucy.
How come the "Toughest Ranger" competition has only ever had one SEAL appearance? All the other branches send teams to compete, but the SEALs did it once and decided it wasn't going to happen again. The USMC usually kicks ass pretty good.

Oh, BTW... they didn't win that time they showed up.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 2:51:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah RIGHT Way to many out there.
or go here SOF
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:03:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Peronally, I don't think there is any outfit that is better trained, tougher, or more capable for all around assignments than the Navy SEALs.

How come the "Toughest Ranger" competition has only ever had one SEAL appearance? All the other branches send teams to compete, but the SEALs did it once and decided it wasn't going to happen again. The USMC usually kicks ass pretty good.

I dunno. Maybe because the competition is for the "toughest ranger"? Why would a SEAL want to be there anyway? Wouldn't it be for the Rangers to see which one of them is the toughest? I still stand by my statement. Granted, they're all tough sons of bitches, but I just happen to think the SEALs are the baddest.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:08:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dunno. Maybe because the competition is for the "toughest ranger"? Why would a SEAL want to be there anyway? Wouldn't it be for the Rangers to see which one of them is the toughest? I still stand by my statement. Granted, they're all tough sons of bitches, but I just happen to think the SEALs are the baddest.

The Navy sends SEALS to Ranger School just like the Marines and Air Force
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 4:33:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

BTW, your capitalization and punctuation sucks!

I'm glad I won't be around when you're calling in fire support!

i'm having an e.e. cummings kind of day.

Link Posted: 11/15/2003 12:12:10 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Army - Delta Force : 47%
Navy - SEALs : 15%

And what does these % represent? 47% what of what?

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=214860

Well, isn't it obvious why Delta gets more votes than the SEALs? Most guys on here wouldn't want to be caught dead in swimgear let alone those skimpy shorts that the SEALs use. Takes a REAL secure man to wear those.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 11:12:45 AM EDT
[#20]
I worked with this guy at the USPS. He was a vechicle maintainence supervisor. He was always bragging on how he was a seal, went out on all these secret missions and even had the nerve to paint Seal Team One on the front splashguard on his suburban. Well guess what? We hired a guy in our dept. that was in the navy with this super seal. He was a boat mechanic that worked on Seal boats! Yes he was in fact in the Navy but how could he claim he was a Seal was beyond me. I thought that these wannabe Seals were not even in the service. I figured that they would have more respect for the real thing.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I encountered this POS that claims to have been a USMC Sniper in Vietnam. Get this, he used "the Stoner Weapons System with Nuclear Bullets". A friend looked him up, he has no DOD records and was in prison when he claimed to have been in "the Nam".

Yeah, I always buy my nuclear bullets from North Korea and Iraq.  You know the surplus ones!

The Indian nuclear bullets were crap especially in .308!

The Afghan brand 0f Nuclear bullets were Osama bin Nuclear and O somathem Not.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 1:59:51 AM EDT
[#22]
BALLAD OF THE WANNABE
(by Charlie Broz)(On AuthentiSEAL web page)

Special troops in their own minds,
But underneath not what one finds,
Not real men, but just phonies,
Nothin' but trash, them Wannabes.

Mike Force, Recon, and A-Teams,
Heroes all, but in their dreams.
Many claims we all shall see,
None more clear than the Wannabe.

Forced to live off others's toil,
Their false claims make your blood boil.
They wouldn't start if just they knew,
But Wannabes ain't got no clue.

Ranger tabs and all that stuff,
Talk real big, and think they're tough,
Scum who brag so all can see,
Ain't no man, just a Wannabe.

In his mind he must just wait,
'Til shown up to meet his fate.
Once exposed he always finds,
The real thing treats him unkind.

So put all that stuff on your chest,
Make believe you are the best.
Once found out, this too will pass,
Wannabe, we'll kick your ass. "
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:31:29 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
There's this guy I've seen frequent the gunshows around AZ, and he always wears black BDU trousers, a black t-shirt and black ballcap (both with MACV-SOG on them.)
Well, a buddy of mine walked up to him one day and asked "So, you were with SOG, huh?" And the guy gave him a look  like he was king shit, and replied "Can't talk about it, it's secret." "Sure it is," my buddy replied as he walked away. There were about five of us standing around laughing afterwards. The man in black left soon thereafter.

That reminds me about one time I went to a gunshow here, seeing all the camo claded commandos there. some folks cannot tell a difference between for what they are, and what
they aren't.

I was in the Army "Infantry" station in alaska
FT Richardson. did not nothing special partied weekends, and shoot and trained during weekdays. cleaned barracks do to getting into trouble partying. got out. see that was not hard now was it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:32:24 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Gee, Fellas,

I guess this means I can't tell stories about charging up San Juan Hill with Teddy Roosevelt any more, doesn't it?

But the difference is that you were there, right?

Piccolo, you are in the unique position of being able to write just about anything on this board and get away with it.  I always look forward to your posts.

So then, with TR, were you the one who called in airstrikes to take out the Cuban pulse cannon?
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 4:26:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 4:41:01 AM EDT
[#26]
It's been my experience that the most sicko individuals I've come across were flunkies. They simply couldn't hack it in the army and washed out. They're the ones who'd have no problem killing you from behind but if you turned around and hit them with a baseball bat, they'd cower in fear and cry like a baby.

I've got a cousin like this.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 4:49:04 AM EDT
[#27]
I've perused AuthentiSEAL before, and wannabe types are easily exposed by asking them what BUDS class they were in.  ALL SEALs go through BUDS and it's NOT secret.  If they can't tell you the number of their class, they're FOS.

Check out AuthentiSEAL's Wall of Shame.  Pretty interesting read.

Link Posted: 11/16/2003 8:51:10 AM EDT
[#28]
After reading AuthentiSeal.com

I can't believe this many have claimed to be SEAL's.  It is at a epidemic proportion.

I am glad to see this site and others to protect the REAL and discourage WANNABEES.

I especially like it even after they are dead.

Link Posted: 11/16/2003 9:43:38 AM EDT
[#29]
When my wife and I lived on St.Croix, she worked in the ER with an LPN that would tell us all about his SEAL days. He was a fat lump of crap that could barely keep up when we went snorkeling. I just ignored him until one night when the whole ER went out to the bar by our condo. He finds out I was in the Army and keeps following me around telling me how hard BUDS was, and how he had to put one of his "Bubbas'" down because he was wounded in a secret raid into Libya. I just ignored him until he started trying to give my wife a foot rub telling her how wet it would get her. I dragged him by the collar outside and punked him out bad. I'm no tough guy, but this guy was sniveling when I took him out side. I felt kinda rotten afterwards. He was so pathetic. He left the island shortly after.
These guys are something else.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 1:58:33 PM EDT
[#30]
A co-worker was in the Corps as a firearms instructor, and he told me one time when he was talking to another guy in the bar, and the guy was claiming to be a scout/ sniper.  He asked, "are you with the (can't remember unit's name, number.)"  The guy says yes.  "So, you must know (says a couple guys names.)"  The guy again says yes.  He then says to the guy, "well you must be full of crap, because the guys I mentioned were listening to you at the end of the bar and they sure don't look like they know you!"  How much you wanna bet a the guy got his ass beat?
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 2:07:18 PM EDT
[#31]
I have seen ppl that said they were in the military or were in the USMC and Then proceed to ask me how to take apart an AR.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 6:51:23 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
It's been my experience that the most sicko individuals I've come across were flunkies. They simply couldn't hack it in the army and washed out. They're the ones who'd have no problem killing you from behind but if you turned around and hit them with a baseball bat, they'd cower in fear and cry like a baby.

I've got a cousin like this.

Shit, dude. I did 21 years in the Army and I'm sure if you turned around and hit ME with a baseball bat, I'd cower in fear and cry like a baby too.

I got whacked up side the head with a shovel one time and it put me in the hospital for 10 days with a shit load of stitches and a concussion. (Note to self: Don't ever stand next to your drunk buddy that knows how to swear in Korean when he's talking shit to the local Korean mobsters.)

Getting hit with hard things really sucks.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I have seen ppl that said they were in the military or were in the USMC and Then proceed to ask me how to take apart an AR.

And I've seen people IN the Army do the same thing. No shit. It was sad.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top