Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:00:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's another thread in GD about how the rifle transport cases for their rifles weren't big enough to accommodate mounted optics, so they took the Aimpoints off and mounted them under barrel for transport.

Now I hear they are authorized to use lethal force, against civilians, in a crowded city.

Are they rezeroing every single weapon, or will they just fire randomly into the crowd with optics that have been removed and remounted?
View Quote

They're not shooting at Camp Perry.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:02:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

True, but the militia goes back to 1630 and in theory they are the successor.

In theory.
View Quote

Pretty sure they relied on militia from the moment they landed in 1607.

Militia was the system used in England at the time. No standing army
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:07:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

They stormed Omaha beach on D-Day. I'd pay good money to watch her storm Omaha Beach.
View Quote

You would have better luck watching her storm the Golden Corral in Omaha.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The fact that the FBI thinks there will be armed protests in all 50 state capitols is even more laughable.

Go home FBI, you're drunk if you think there will be armed protests in Boston, or Trenton, or Honolulu.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The fact that the FBI thinks there will be armed protests in all 50 state capitols is even more laughable.

Go home FBI, you're drunk if you think there will be armed protests in Boston, or Trenton, or Honolulu.

FBI is part of the political narrative machine.

Quoted:
So if the National Guard is what the Founders meant by the 2nd Amendment(Leftistderpderpderp) does that mean they have 20,000 armed Constitution defending patriots who are under their own authority there protecting 'Merica?  Or is that just an interpretation meant to wave away and distract from their actual belief that the 2nd Amendment should be deleted?

No & yes.

NG lays claim to militia ancestry, not there's anything in legal writing supporting that. But it serves the narrative that 2nd-A somehow isn't actually about the right of the people, literal constitutional language be damned.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe every one has the right to defend their lives or protecting, in any way they are able to, when a mob like the one that broke in, you better believe they want protection, play stupid games and all that.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The government will have ZERO issues with ordering the NG or police to fire into a peaceful protest of conservatives.

ZERO.

And the media will applaud them for it.
View Quote

Nah, they truly dont want to deal with the fallout from that...
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:13:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

While that looks hilarious I would guess the sight was put below for storage/shipment to be more compact while not separating the weapon from its assigned optic.
View Quote
Shit... that's actually a good explanation. To be fair, the soldier *DOES* look like he's looking at it in bewilderment.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:14:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I like how so many rip on these Guard soldiers for joining to get college paid for, I guess serving your country for 6yrs to get help with school is a bad thing, yet we have a ton a children that barely work and want free college.

You people do understand this is more than likely a support unit and not an Infantry unit correct? My unit is down there right now, have been there since Sunday, they are at a hotel. We were called up for the BLM riots in Philly in the Spring, yes we all had magazines, NVG's and Ammo. On duty we have rounds chambered in every weapon.

Our ROE allowed us to defend ourselves if a deadly act was being committed against us. Most of these soldiers want nothing to do with this and don't care to be there, they are pawns and stuck in the middle. I never understand why so many of you think they are so willing to kill Americans.

Its very clear many of you have spent zero time around the National Guard, the whole one weekend a month 2 weeks in the summer is not very common in Combat Arms I can tell you that.
View Quote

Tell Ashli Babbitt about those rules of engagement.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:15:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Does this mean Anne Margaret's not coming?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:17:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I like how so many rip on these Guard soldiers for joining to get college paid for, I guess serving your country for 6yrs to get help with school is a bad thing, yet we have a ton a children that barely work and want free college.

You people do understand this is more than likely a support unit and not an Infantry unit correct? My unit is down there right now, have been there since Sunday, they are at a hotel. We were called up for the BLM riots in Philly in the Spring, yes we all had magazines, NVG's and Ammo. On duty we have rounds chambered in every weapon.

Our ROE allowed us to defend ourselves if a deadly act was being committed against us. Most of these soldiers want nothing to do with this and don't care to be there, they are pawns and stuck in the middle. I never understand why so many of you think they are so willing to kill Americans.

Its very clear many of you have spent zero time around the National Guard, the whole one weekend a month 2 weeks in the summer is not very common in Combat Arms I can tell you that.
View Quote

They all seem to weigh 300 lbs and seem to be there in an effort to at least intimidate and at worst murder US citizens. Forgive everyone for being a bit critical captain ooh-rah
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Shit... that's actually a good explanation. To be fair, the soldier *DOES* look like he's looking at it in bewilderment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While that looks hilarious I would guess the sight was put below for storage/shipment to be more compact while not separating the weapon from its assigned optic.

It'd be more concerning if he were attempting to aim it
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:25:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

To be fair, they may have been transported to DC on racks or in cases that wouldn’t accommodate an M4 with an optic mounted on the receiver.  Mounting it to the handguard ensures it stays with the rifle it was zeroed for.
View Quote

your right the rifle will stay with optic it was zeroed for however not the shooter. I rarely had the same rifle twice while in guard. It pissed me off being from the Marines where the same rifle was issued to the same individual.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:26:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So. Bringing firecrackers is out?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
National Guard with live ammo?  Holee phuk.  Sorry, they aren't trained for this shit if some dickweed antifa pops a cap and a soldier returns fire.  It's almost like someone wants to have an event ??

So. Bringing firecrackers is out?

A brown paper bag would probably do it as nervous as they are in DC
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:27:23 PM EDT
[#15]
If Anwar Sadat was still alive he would say that this is a VERY bad idea.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:29:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:40:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

True, but the militia goes back to 1630 and in theory they are the successor.

In theory.
View Quote

Massachusetts Bay Colony organizes its militia into the North, East, and South Regiments in 1636. When John Marsh was SecArmy in the 1980s, he wanted NG units to be assigned militia histories to enhance the concept of the "citizen soldier". The only direct link from a militia unit to an NG unit is in PA where First Troop, Philadelphia City Cavalry formed in 1774 is a Cav Troop in the PANG.

I'm certain of this because someone I know was in the room at the time it happened in 1982.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:46:34 PM EDT
[#18]
i just want to know, do they have armed choppers on standby?  you know, just in case "shots fired"?

Huey's with door gunners?  or full-on attack helicopters?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:47:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

NG lays claim to militia ancestry, not there's anything in legal writing supporting that. But it serves the narrative that 2nd-A somehow isn't actually about the right of the people, literal constitutional language be damned.
View Quote

NC National Guard began as the NC STATE Guard IIRC. At least some formed from active units that fought in the Civil War.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
A government that feels it needs to have a division of infantry parked on top of it is not one that's healthy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well said.  Never was in the military myself, but am well aware National Guard units have been rotating into combat overseas for the last 20 years and are professional soldiers.  I've seen the Guard shooting team and they are best shooters you will encounter in the world.  These soldiers volunteered and are doing their duty.  Give them a break. Wish they werent there but they are.  

Some people here also have serious delusions about how well they are trained vs. the US military.  

I pray this all ends up being a show for nothing.  While there is significant support for Trump, at this point there is near unanimous support for a transition, even from Trump.  I plan to fully #RESIST uncle joe and his comrades as they seek to ruin our country, but accept FJB will be president.  There will be no sympathy for anyone starting anything next week in the capitol, even less than on 1/6, and any actions will further hobble the cause of freedom.  Let them have their day, they stole it, but its done now.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a question.

What exactly are they planning on doing that they feel a need to have 20k armed troops at hand?

Seize the food supply..
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/199158/1610628191688m_jpg-1778980.JPG

That's  her 3rd lunch.   Then she ate an E6.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have a question.

What exactly are they planning on doing that they feel a need to have 20k armed troops at hand?
View Quote

They are freaking everyone out so they can get our guns.  Just like all the stories about guys with a bunch of guns, ammo and shit that blows up getting busted all over the place.  All that shit is working to take our freedom away.

They will not let this chance pass by.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#24]
"hut hut hut hut"
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:14:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

We have a winner!
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:14:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If half of the soldiers are Trump voters do they really trust them with live ammo?
View Quote

Another one out himself!
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:17:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:18:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Another one out himself!
View Quote
I think he meant because Trump supporters are now considered enemies of the state, not that drumf supporters were too dumb to have live ammo.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#29]
So....

We have twice as many troops guarding Biden as were sent to Louisiana during Katrina.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:18:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Why wouldn’t they be?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:25:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Please tell me that's not an officer?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:31:00 PM EDT
[#32]
I wouldn't want to be anywhere near an armed NG.  They're going to shoot someone and guess who will take the fall.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#33]
So thats where the 5.56 went.......
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:04:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Another one out himself!
View Quote

As what? Am I on another list now?

Do you really think they will let that many people be that close to major political figures and be armed? I bet they dont even get to use the good restrooms. Its all for show and photo ops.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:09:02 PM EDT
[#35]
I mean really, I'm fine with Biden's inauguration being done in such a pleasant environment.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:17:50 PM EDT
[#36]
I really hope no Trump supporters show up. Show this was all made up and that they’re the dictators for putting armed troops in the street.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:18:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She is a First Lieutenant
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Have they gotten approval for the 50 cals yet ?

Fucking gas-lighting , at its most obvious

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:35:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Ohio is up 4 correct?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:47:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Holy freaking police state, batman.
This is embarrasing.
View Quote

"Hold my beer and watch this"

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:57:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:03:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Something doesn’t feel right about all of this but the second you start questioning things here some government lackey will call you a q tard or whatever other regurgitated bullshit insults they use
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:04:16 PM EDT
[#43]

Please make a donation to feed starving E3's since this 1st Lt ate all the food.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:05:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Found out today the kid i know that is there, and all the other guys he is with where issued 15 rounds of ammo. They where told more is coming but thats what they have on them.

I said I have more than that rolling around in my trunk.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:22:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was the guard training before called up.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:24:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Neither of those weapons has a mag inserted. I wonder if they have bayonets.
View Quote
ARs make decent clubs for a couple of swings.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:28:10 PM EDT
[#47]

Not for nothing, that's probably so it can fit in the weapon rack.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:30:33 PM EDT
[#48]

You know what, by the 3rd week of a field problem guys would fight each other for her.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:35:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

If Sadat were alive Hillary would be looking for a way to kill him.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:35:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
i just want to know, do they have armed choppers on standby?  you know, just in case "shots fired"?

Huey's with door gunners?  or full-on attack helicopters?
View Quote

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top