Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:17:21 PM EDT
[#1]
A "Gay Pride" parade?

Just what is it they do that they're so proud of?
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:55:27 PM EDT
[#2]
coc
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:01:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, no one can "ban" you from showing up to a public event
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#4]
The ban is for the group of gay police officers as a group, not a ban on the police from being present and being the police.

Link Posted: 5/16/2021 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I know you posted that in sarcasm,  but you do realize that I’m one of the arfcom queers, right?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you questioning their lived experience? Just because you, a white straight cisgender male, dont see the violence being perpetrated against this community, it doesn't mean these people aren't fighting just to EXIST. Stop taking up space in the conversation that should be occupied by Bipoc LGBTQ+ folks. Stop using your white euro-centric ideas, such as statistics and objective facts, to invalidate the lives of marginalized peoples.
Haven't white males had their chance at discourse? Oh, and it's not their responsibility to educate you - go pay for the writings of bipoc transgender people. Here's a link to my patreon, bigot.

I think that about covers it

I know you posted that in sarcasm,  but you do realize that I’m one of the arfcom queers, right?  

If Pete Buttagieg is really straight because he's white (or whatever the intersectatards said in 2016), you don't get to be gay either.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 2:46:59 PM EDT
[#6]
"The sense of safety that law enforcement is meant to provide can instead be threatening, and at times dangerous, to those in our community who are most often targeted with excessive force and/or without reason," the group said in a statement.
View Quote

I love how they can just toss out these little nuggets of bullshit, and the fucking NPC's eat it up.

Quoted:
So the gays fought to get into the St. Patrick's Day Parade but now they are excluding a group.
View Quote

White hetero catholics have no rights that can't be trumped by the victim classes.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Every aggrieved subgroup loves intersectionality until they get intersectioned.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/16/2021 3:04:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 3:08:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Zero cares.  Caring would take an effort on my part.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 3:09:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Dont care but The gay twerking cop is sad.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 3:50:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The ban is for the group of gay police officers as a group, not a ban on the police from being present and being the police.

View Quote
Good.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Good. Have ZERO police presence. Give them what they want. But don’t dare call 911 if anything should happen.
View Quote

They’ll be crying about safety and protection and wonder where all the cops are when one of them gets too handsy with someone and gets knocked the fuck out.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 4:08:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'd be "ashamed" to be included.
View Quote

This. It’s a badge of honor to be denied by social deviants.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 4:11:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Good.

Now hopefully NYPD will no longer respond to same sex domestic violence calls.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 4:18:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Good. Have ZERO police presence. Give them what they want. But don’t dare call 911 if anything should happen.
View Quote

Thats what I thought was happening at first... but I guess the gays just arent man enough to do that. Even the lesbians, apparently.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 4:20:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 4:27:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 4:34:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Oh boo whoo

Lefties trying to out lefty each other.  I hope we see more of it.  I hope the infighting gets worse.  I hope their heads explode trying to see who can be the most woke, or tick off the number of identity boxes....

"Ya well I'm not just a transgender, Zer, Muslim, black female, I also have autism, and 6 toes on each foot.  Check your supernumerary privilege!!!"
View Quote
I laughed out loud at that one. Well done.

I read the article in the OP and still had a question. It appears that the GOAL (gay officers whatever league) won't be allowed to be in the parade. But does the NYPD still provide security for the parade itself? I assume NYC requires that events have a defined amount of security and police presence.

How the heck do those two things square (heh) with each other? You won't let the cops, who are gay and most sympathetic with your cause, march in the parade. But you'll still have regular, uniformed NYPD on patrol? Huh? What?

Also, is Lt. Jim Dangle the patron saint of GOAL?

Link Posted: 5/16/2021 4:48:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I’m certainly not butt hurt over anything, just curious how this group in NY is trying to claim police brutality when it never happened.
View Quote

They're probably still bitching about the Stonewall in 1969.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 5:15:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

... but you do realize that I'm one of the arfcom queers, right?  
View Quote
Annnnnnd, we should care, why?
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 7:42:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Are you questioning their lived experience? Just because you, a white straight cisgender male, dont see the violence being perpetrated against this community, it doesn't mean these people aren't fighting just to EXIST. Stop taking up space in the conversation that should be occupied by Bipoc LGBTQ+ folks. Stop using your white euro-centric ideas, such as statistics and objective facts, to invalidate the lives of marginalized peoples.
Haven't white males had their chance at discourse? Oh, and it's not their responsibility to educate you - go pay for the writings of bipoc transgender people. Here's a link to my patreon, bigot.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm confused. Gay people are supposedly targeted by the cops now?

Since fucking when?

Maybe covers it but I sure there is room for improvement tomorrow when everything changes..again.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 11:58:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 8:53:10 PM EDT
[#23]
The NYPD has a Gay Officers Action League?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top