User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:08:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know the .gov is in all aspects of our lives, but I have a feeling inviting the Federal .gov to get involved with CCW has more for us to lose than gain.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:08:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Which law requires that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Like drivers' licenses.

Or Marriage certificates.
Which law requires that?

Drivers' licenses are by interstate compacts.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:18:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It is not setting a national permit standard. If it did that I would oppose it.

View Quote

So what happens if after the law is passed (without national standards), Bloomberg's group goes to court before a friendly Federal judge in NYC and demands that national standards be imposed "...for the safety of the children..."?

I'll tell you what happens: The FedGov lays down, doesn't defend the suit and the NYC Federal judge orders the government to impose national standards.

This has become a standard tactic in environmental regulation. There is no reason to think it wouldn't be used in this instance. Your opposition will be somewhat late - and fruitless.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:25:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It is.  If we had 30mil members, I don't think there would be much negotiating.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
5 million? Pathetic.

But junk mail!
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:29:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm waiting to see what happens here.  It probably is just posturing right now till after the elections. But still good to get it out there.

Not to hijack the thread, but what a freaking stupid quote from the Brady campaign guy.....

"But Malte counters reciprocity could ultimately leave states "powerless" to stop even violent individuals who cross the state line with weapons."

So someone is either violent or they are not.  If they are, then I would assume the EXSITING LAWS EVERY STATE HAS about murder, assault or other violent acts would be all you need.  Derp........what an idiot.
View Quote

If they are already lawless, do the laws even matter to these people? Talk about 100% derp
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:43:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Ultimate reciprocity would to be to follow Alaska, Arizona and the few others where a CCW is not needed. No one who can legally own firearms should need permission to carry said weapon in any manner. If states did away with all the BS laws there would be no question of what is legal where.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:57:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So what happens if after the law is passed (without national standards), Bloomberg's group goes to court before a friendly Federal judge in NYC and demands that national standards be imposed "...for the safety of the children..."?

I'll tell you what happens: The FedGov lays down, doesn't defend the suit and the NYC Federal judge orders the government to impose national standards.

This has become a standard tactic in environmental regulation. There is no reason to think it wouldn't be used in this instance. Your opposition will be somewhat late - and fruitless.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're still getting into hysterics over what "might happen" down the road which is a very silly reason to oppose this from happening. What's stopping Bloomberg's group from getting a federal judge to demand that national assault weapons standards be imposed for the safety of the children?

ETA: Would you guys also be opposed to the FedGov outlawing AWBs or forcing states to allow the ownership of NFA items? If anything that is the Federal Gov't actively taking steps to enforce the 2nd and stops the states from infringing upon it, which is what they should be doing.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:04:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Not only no, but hell no.

This bill won't get passed without something like UBC or a mag ban attached Hughes Amendment style.

I'm okay with clean repeals, and that's about it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:19:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm willing to give the NRA the benefit of the doubt on this one:

I don't think this has anything to do with actually getting nationwide recognition of carry permits, and everything to do with drawing out the antigunners in Congress (on both sides of the aisle) before the midterm elections.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:25:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You're still getting into hysterics over what "might happen" down the road which is a very silly reason to oppose this from happening. What's stopping Bloomberg's group from getting a federal judge to demand that national assault weapons standards be imposed for the safety of the children?

ETA: Would you guys also be opposed to the FedGov outlawing AWBs or forcing states to allow the ownership of NFA items? If anything that is the Federal Gov't actively taking steps to enforce the 2nd and stops the states from infringing upon it, which is what they should be doing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently many here would be opposed to it.  They would rather sit on our hands and let the left set the legislative agenda.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:27:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You're still getting into hysterics over what "might happen" down the road
View Quote

I'm simply looking at what has happened in the past and applying it to this proposal.

Are you familiar with the Federal standards for issuing licenses to drive? Not so long ago, that was exclusively a matter of state law.

The people who wish to disarm the American people are capable of thinking four or five moves ahead. Too bad most of those who oppose them can't do that.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:50:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I oppose a national registry or licensing scheme, but I support forcing the states to acknowledge and recognize a constitutional right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know the .gov is in all aspects of our lives, but I have a feeling inviting the Federal .gov to get involved with CCW has more for us to lose than gain.

I oppose a national registry or licensing scheme, but I support forcing the states to acknowledge and recognize a constitutional right.

This
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:29:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
5 million? Pathetic.

Good luck getting the spineless gun owners who shop at Costco to join up!  

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top