User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 4:14:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The icon will not fit in a web browser.

Okay maybe reduce the size of the avatar to 75x75 and replace the team member star with a potato chip ( bronze ) cheeseburger ( gold ) chocolate chip cookie ( platium ) and lifers get a possum kitteh much like the NRA eagle.

Standing by for my cookie.  

Link Posted: 9/19/2011 4:15:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

we have better things planned for trolls...  

Link Posted: 9/19/2011 4:17:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 4:18:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How bout a basement door icon, Mtn Dew & bag of Doritos icon or video game controller icon?

I like this.

hot pocket icon

Link Posted: 9/19/2011 4:21:35 PM EDT
[#5]
In for update (and icon).
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 4:47:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I want my NRA lifer icon!!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 5:02:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just checking to see if my icon showed up

You really don't want to know all the 'eyes only for Staff' icons that are attached to my account...

TRG
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

If you are already a lifetime member (life, benefactor, patron, etc) you can get your own icon. Just give me a couple days to finish clearing my plate. It will be a simple and painless process.

Coolness, I can whip out my......life card to get iconized.  Woot.  

Link Posted: 9/19/2011 5:24:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm a life member and also contribute to the NRA ILA.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 5:42:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Tag.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 5:52:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh I'm a lifer. I want one. I'd buy a life membership to the site if they were open as well.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Rate these icon things are going...can I have an "I don't need no stinking icon" icon?  

I know the feeling.  I evidently qualify for four of the damn things.  Don't see the need for the first three.  The NRA one I might do just to piss off the GOA fan boys.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 7:04:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I was under the impression that the original purpose behind the pistol icon was to identify vetted instructors, so that members could easily identify subject matter experts in the instruction field.  This allows people to know that the people speaking know of what they are talking and helps people find someone who might be in the area and able to offer professional instruction to them.  It seems to me that, of all the icons, this one is the most beneficial for all members to see.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I was under the impression that the original purpose behind the pistol icon was to identify vetted instructors, so that members could easily identify subject matter experts in the instruction field.  This allows people to know that the people speaking know of what they are talking and helps people find someone who might be in the area and able to offer professional instruction to them.  It seems to me that, of all the icons, this one is the most beneficial for all members to see.

And yet the fat guy that shot himself with a 1911 attended "instructor" courses.

Link Posted: 9/19/2011 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#15]
OST
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 7:38:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

And yet the fat guy that shot himself with a 1911 attended "instructor" courses.  

Beat me to it.  We might as well have gun shop owner icons so we can ID experts that way too
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 1:22:44 AM EDT
[#17]
No problem here with the change.

Incognito, bitches!
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 1:47:22 AM EDT
[#18]

Looking forward to getting mine!!!

Link Posted: 9/20/2011 2:21:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Waiting .......impatiently.    
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 3:05:48 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm a Benefactor; do I get an icon even if I'm not a Team Memeber?  How will you verify status?
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 3:08:43 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

If you are already a lifetime member (life, benefactor, patron, etc) you can get your own icon. Just give me a couple days to finish clearing my plate. It will be a simple and painless process.

Tagging for my icon.

Proud Life Member of the NRA.

Link Posted: 9/20/2011 3:17:07 AM EDT
[#22]
What about a rainbow or pink triangle icon?
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 3:42:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

And what are you going to do to prove that one?   Hmmmmm.
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 3:46:10 AM EDT
[#24]
I'll get in line for my eagle...
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 5:13:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 6:23:20 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

What he said!

Lifer+

Link Posted: 9/20/2011 6:35:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tagging for my icon.

Proud Life Member of the NRA.

Me too.
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 6:37:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm a Benefactor; do I get an icon even if I'm not a Team Memeber?  How will you verify status?

I have no idea where my membership card is.
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 6:49:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

+1

I was just thinking the same thing.
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 7:04:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This would be perfect for all the homophobes on arfcom.
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 7:17:35 AM EDT
[#31]
NRA Benefactor here!

How about an icon for the 2nd Amendment Foundation too?
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 7:22:14 AM EDT
[#32]
In!

Link Posted: 9/20/2011 7:55:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Why is there no fire hat icon or ambulance icon?

The latter might cause the attorneys to get excited.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#34]
I recently became a life member. Not sure what "level" my membership is though, is there a way to figure that out?
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 1:11:00 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I recently became a life member. Not sure what "level" my membership is though, is there a way to figure that out?

Did you get your "Life" package in the mail containing your Life membership card?  You can also go online and check your membership status.   http://membership.nrahq.org/

Link Posted: 9/20/2011 1:43:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And what are you going to do to prove that one?   Hmmmmm.

I can vouch for him.
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 1:48:08 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Do I have to forward you my COLB, DD214, LEO creds, and/or SSN?

Link Posted: 9/20/2011 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Tag for instructions on how to get my new icon.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 2:01:44 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

The icon is for the upcoming NRA voting member push. Basically I explained it in the other thread. We want to encourage more of you to support the NRA and more importantly as a voting member. Why? Well some of you know we have been very active in pushing a pro Tactical Weapons change within the NRA. We have several board members who are on our side and Tactical Weapons are at the forefront of the NRAs efforts. It wasn't always this way, but with votes comes the ability to protect our future.

Again, the idea is simple, become a voting member, USE the power to help keep pro black rifle guys on the board, ensure our future! If that's not enough we've been working with the NRA to promote events like 3 Gun Matches and help push shooting sports further. All of this means we'll continue to strengthen our future second amendment rights.

I've been a lifetime member for awhile and I just sent off the goods to upgrade to a Endowment Life Member back on the 10th...

What do/How do we do it?

Link Posted: 9/20/2011 6:41:30 PM EDT
[#40]
One of my personal goals is to have the entire collection of icons under my username and a life membership quad star next to it.

How will I know which shinies I am missing out on if they aren't displayed everywhere?

ETA no joke, the NRA shiny has convinced me to upgrade to life member in the NRA next month.
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm an Easy Pay Life member, does that meet the qualifications?
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Same here... Life/Endowment member.
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#43]
I thought this was going to be a thread about Joe Foss.
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 7:51:33 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

One of my personal goals is to have the entire collection of icons under my username and a life membership quad star next to it.

How will I know which shinies I am missing out on if they aren't displayed everywhere?

ETA no joke, the NRA shiny has convinced me to upgrade to life member in the NRA next month.

Or you could wait until the NRA runs their LIFE membership drive for just $300.  I'm certain you have a cousin or half-brother on here who can assist you.  

Link Posted: 9/20/2011 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or you could wait until the NRA runs their LIFE membership drive for just $300.  I'm certain you have a cousin or half-brother on here who can assist you.  

It's available now:

https://www.nravalidate.org/Default.aspx

Patron member checking in. How do we get this pat on the butt?

Link Posted: 9/20/2011 8:07:37 PM EDT
[#46]
taggage
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 8:11:42 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do I have to forward you my COLB, DD214, LEO creds, and/or SSN?

I heard you have to send the long form.

Link Posted: 9/21/2011 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Endowment member, instructor, and a few other merit badges probably apply. Wehre do I find the guidelines for submitting proof of all? Might as well do all at the same time.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 8:18:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Yep, Life Member here.

Along with my two sons. ( of course I paid for them )

Question though, how does my eldest son and Team Member ( 50-calover) get his "Tank" ?

DD214 I'm sure. Just need a link to input.

Yes, he is a Jarhead, and I must hold his hand on these intricate interweb doings.
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 3:35:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Excellent!  Proud Lifetime member here.  In fact,  I just upgraded from Endowment to Patron.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top