Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:29:45 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hmm, I must be the only that got the impression that the officers were asking people that were evacing the area and possibly leaving weapons behind if they would give them to the officers instead.

I must not have enough tinfoil on.

I will give them the benefit of the doubt until I hear otherwise.  I will still keep my foil beenie handy though ...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:33:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hmm, I must be the only that got the impression that the officers were asking people that were evacing the area and possibly leaving weapons behind if they would give them to the officers instead.

I must not have enough tinfoil on.

That's pretty much what I got out of it also (and I'm going tinfoiless today)...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:35:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Police officers were asking residents to give up any firearms before they evacuated neighborhoods because police desperately needed the firepower: Some officers who had been stranded on the roof of a hotel said they were being shot at overnight.

Are they 'asking' or are they taking?  Or do they call it 'comandeering'?

If you ask and I have one to spare I might consider it.  Try to take it by force and that's another matter entirely.  Anyone with an IQ above 1 should know better than to threaten armed people in a disaster area.

Seeing as (under the best of circumstances) I've got enough for me, my family, and some to spare.. I'd let them have anything that wasn't in use.  The time for "Nyah-nyah, you should've prepared better" ended Monday.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:37:09 AM EDT
[#4]
give them the old Post ban weapons with stocks that dont fold and 10rnd mags
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:37:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't sweat anything Johninaustin says... he's just pissed because he's lacking firepower and no one will give up their guns to him.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:38:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
give them the old Post ban weapons with stocks that dont fold and 10rnd mags

Good point! Those things are dangerous!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:41:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No way!!  I don't TRUST the police or the system.  This scenario somehow stinks to high hell.

Yep.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:46:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

``We had enough food for 10 days,'' said Peggy Hoffman, the home's executive director. ``Now we'll have to equip our department heads with guns and teach them how to shoot.''

It's so rare that you get to see the birth of a conservsative in the wild.

Yeah but if she were a liberal already I bet she would till suport gun control. Like typical liberals they want gun control for everyone but themsleves.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:47:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Evidently the New Orleans PD is one of these PC departments who believes sidearms are sufficient for their officers. I bet the officers wish they had some AR's right now.

From what I hear of the quality of some of their officers , I think a sharp stick is scary.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:05:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Giving guns to an untrained person in using it is risky proposition. Besides where are they going to get the ammo? The local Wall-Mart has already been looted. "A day late, and a dollar short."
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:11:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Guns are the last thing I would give up.  What I don't understand is why the looters need assistance in leaving the city.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:18:16 AM EDT
[#12]
If I had extra that I wasn't carrying with me on my way out of there then sure I would be happy to help.  No way in hell I am giving up the equipment that I am actually using.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:18:51 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd tell em I'm keeping my guns, but if they need help, they can go ahead and deputize me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:19:27 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Don't sweat anything Johninaustin says... he's just pissed because he's lacking firepower and no one will give up their guns to him.

I have more firepower than you will ever dream of.  I've been collecting evil black rifles before they WERE evil black rifles. I would not have the slightest problem equipping a platoon.

I'm headed with 17 other officers to NO in the morning.  I'm taking ONE (full size) AR with six 20rd mags, ONE Beretta 92, with six 15 rd mags, and ONE .410 Snakecharmer with 100 rds. (I hate snakes)

I am ALSO taking 10 cans of Deepwoods OFF and had my Tetanus shots this morning.

Armchair commandos need to really get a life.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:24:05 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I am ALSO taking 10 cans of Deepwoods OFF and had my Tetanus shots this morning.

John - you may want to hit a Doc real fast and get the full "visit to latin america" course of shots.  Tetanus may be the least of the worries in the Big Easy Toilet.  Typhoid, cholera, all that good shit is percolating right now.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:31:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'd tell em I'm keeping my guns, but if they need help, they can go ahead and deputize me.

+1
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:33:50 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

John - you may want to hit a Doc real fast and get the full "visit to latin america" course of shots.  Tetanus may be the least of the worries in the Big Easy Toilet.  Typhoid, cholera, all that good shit is percolating right now.

Thanks,   I already have all that thru the National Guard back in June.   Tetanus was the only one not in my shot records.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:39:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Johninaustin,

God bless and good luck. I pray you make it through okay. Git some and send the bad guys straight to hell.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:40:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Somehow, I think if they saw you with a weapon, they'd appropriate it at gunpoint. They have permission to "Comandeer" supplies, vehicles etc., so they have permission to kill you over your weapon that you won't surrender.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Dave

If they saw me with a gun, it'd be prudent for them to keep their hands away from theirs. I would cheerfully and with a clear conscience shoot dead anybody, including a cop, who tried to disarm me under circumstances like those.

+1, IBTL/IBTM
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:47:03 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have more firepower than you will ever dream of.  I've been collecting evil black rifles before they WERE evil black rifles. I would not have the slightest problem equipping a platoon.

I'm headed with 17 other officers to NO in the morning.  I'm taking ONE (full size) AR with six 20rd mags, ONE Beretta 92, with six 15 rd mags, and ONE .410 Snakecharmer with 100 rds. (I hate snakes)

Good luck John. You should take a Glock though.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:56:53 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You obviously missed my tongue-in-cheek point. Though I really can't stand your Blue Wall personality... I really DO wish you the best of luck in N.O. Watch your six... and you'd probably better take some of that "firepower" you're so proud of to loan to the obviously needy New Orleans LE.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:13:36 AM EDT
[#22]
A weapon unused is a useless weapon.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:15:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:30:40 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

That's the best response I've seen yet.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:34:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Same here, might aswell make some money while I'm at it.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top