BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#1]
[BlackHawkDown]I will leave NO DOG behind![/BlackHawkDown]

U.S. Army Chief Warrant Officer Dan Langdon, of Bravo Company 2-4 Aviation, 4th Infantry Division out of Fort Hood, Texas, comforts a stray dog after landing his Chinook helicopter, Saturday, Sept. 4, 2005 in New Orleans. The Chinook crew is flying missions in support of relief efforts for Hurricane Katrina and was waiting to begin their next mission. (AP Photo/Haraz N. Ghanbari)

A dog tied to the railing of a highway ramp barks in a New Orleans street Saturday, six days after hurricane Katrina hit the city.(AFP/file/Nicholas Kamm)

A dog waits on the side roof of a house to be rescued by workers after Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, Louisiana. Damage estimates have climbed into the billions of dollars, making Katrina one of the costliest storms ever to hit the United States.(AFP/Getty Images/Chris Graythen)

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:56:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'd find a way out with the animals.  Better yet I would have left when warned to leave

I would have been long gone before the .gov warned us to leave!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:08:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Here, Here!  My dog is on the bug out 'high priority' list.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:13:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Would not be waiting around for .gov bus.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:18:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Wife, myself and pooch stick together. Its assumed. Loyalty is all you have left when SHTF.
I've done my best to make provisions for we three. To do otherwise would be a betrayal of thier trust and of my nature.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Would not be waiting around for .gov bus.

Winner.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:36:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Loyalty is loyalty, be it man or dog. I'm not leaving them behind.

+1

I'm not leaving my dog behind. Period.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:19:18 PM EDT
[#8]
.... My puppies (I can still call them that for another two weeks ) have a huge impact on my life

... However, there's something to be said about Neil McCauley's (Heat's DeNiro) philosophy to never get attached to anything or anybody you can not walk away from if you spot the Heat (whatever form the HEAT may be) coming at you

... I see it this way - If I had to split, my doggies are going with me - Period. They'll help me keep some of my sanity, and they will think they're just going on one kick-ass, killer ride!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:23:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Same response.

My dog and I would walk out of New Orleans...still armed.

This is still America.

Eric The(ABoyAndHisDog)Hun

+1.  I am responsible for me and my animals.  I will not let my dog suffer.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:07:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Did NonCombatant Evac Planning with an Army Col at USFJapan.  He made it clear his dog would get his wifes seat on the plane. "Hell, I can always get another wife.  It took me a long time to get this good a dog and get it this well trained.  I'm too old to do it again."  Most people were relatively sure he was mostly serious.

Give you a broad hint, when push comes to shove and the choice is between getting people on the vehicle and pets on the vehicle, people come first.  If you aren't prepared for that or to deal with that then you better be smart enough to get out of Dodge on time., with your animals.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:41:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Fuck no I would not leave my Lab(Mongo)behind.

Priority list.

#1 Get myself and mongo with my toys(as many as I can carry) into truck.

#2 Hit horn in driveway and call the remaining people in household to hurry the fuck up

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:01:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I would not leave Jaeger.  More than likely we will be in LA soon looking for "remains" as he is cadaver-trained and we have been on many Search Missions together.  We're both survivors and self-sufficient and will never rely on a .gov bus to get our asses out of trouble.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:16:55 AM EDT
[#13]
If they asked to take my dog before I was able to evacuate, I will quote my wife:

"If they asked me to leave Snafu (our Pug) behind, I'd put one round in each of his kneecaps just for asking, and walk away."

I love my wife.

Av.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:21:38 AM EDT
[#14]
"The average dog is a better person than the average person"

I have never had a dog lie to me.  They let you know their intensions up front.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:51:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Just in case in of your fellow North Texans would like to be a foster home for a pooch while his owners from New Orleans sort things out, there's is now a number where you can sign up as a temporary foster home.

214-651-9611 X123

Posted from today's Metro section in the Dallas Morning News.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:56:05 AM EDT
[#16]
The way i see it is my dog is the mopst loyal friend i'll ever have, He's loyal regardless and He's totally dependant on you!! He /She did not ask to be domesticated, we as humans did that and therefore we are responsible for caring for man's best friend and when the time comes end their suffering.

I know my dog< I don't know the asshat telling me to leave the dog behind!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:00:28 AM EDT
[#17]
if it's just me there, then yeah, i'd stay with the dog/make sure the dog comes along.

if i have to choose between my dog and my family i will pick my family any day of the week without a second's thought.  i would then do what needed to be done for the dog
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:05:12 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I wouldn't want to leave them to fend for themselves

I would kill them 1st if I had to.

I bet you'd take your do-nuts along though, you fat bastard.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:19:46 AM EDT
[#19]
My dog looks out for my family. She warns us when ever strangers are near and she follows my kids everywhere adn acts more like an overprotective mother than a dog.

Of course I would have left 4 days before the storm like other civilized folks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:22:08 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Loyalty is loyalty, be it man or dog. I'm not leaving them behind.

+1

They depend on us to take care of them.  Humans can think for themselves.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Couldn't leave my extended family , no way  , One of mine is almost as old as my Daughter who's 17  , no way I could leave him..
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Reminds me of that great old Twilight Zone episode...

That's the one where he tells his old lady 'A dog has got the right to have a man around, just like a man has got the right to have a dog around!' (One of my favorite quotes by the way.)

Later on the keeper of the gate won't let him and his dog Rip go through the gate together. So he doesn't go in because he doesn't want to be in a place '.. that don't allow dogs.'

Farther down the road he runs into St. Peter and finds out that the previous gate was the gate to Hell. And that the reason they don't allow dogs is 'Because a man will walk right into Hell with his eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog.'

nuff said.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:32:49 PM EDT
[#23]
My dog has more value to me than 99% of the human garbage I run across.  He is more loyal, more honest, more affectionate, and more considerate.  I'd stay with my dog.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:49:46 PM EDT
[#24]
My wife might take the dog and leave me behind.  I understand how she feels.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top