User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 11:33:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lol.

House rule; If I'm working, you're working.

Ass sitting is greatly frowned upon.
View Quote
This guy gets it.

I won't suggest pulling the handle. Yet, push back calmly but firmly and challenge the thought process, and don't capitulate, or accept that you enable the behavior.

Either you'll learn something of the dynamic you share or you'll learn something about yourself. It's as simple as that.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 11:33:26 PM EDT
[#2]
To be fair, if you can't follow simple instructions to pick up the right frikkin product, you might be either retarded or not give a shit.
Not saying I really care about soda, but some people do.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 11:35:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
To be fair, if you can't follow simple instructions to pick up the right frikkin product, you might be either retarded or not give a shit.
View Quote
I can see picking up tangerine over orange after a long day, shit happens.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 11:37:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Op obviously wasn't raised right.

You learn to listen the first time you come back with Virginia Slims but not the 100s....you momma would make you cut your own switch.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 11:39:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Eject before she tells you to suck off her boyfriend.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 11:39:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

"...then bitched at me because i got god damn orange sparkling water instead of tangerine."
View Quote

"You should probably get those yourself, so there won't be any mistakes."

"No"
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 11:40:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Op obviously wasn't raised right.

You learn to listen the first time you come back with Virginia Slims but not the 100s....you momma would make you cut your own switch.
View Quote
Oh shit.  I forgot about Virginia Slims.  Back when they made special cigarettes for whores and trailer park women.

*Except for your mom of course.  She probably picked up the habit at boarding school in Switzerland.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 11:41:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I was with you OP right up to the orange. You think she's some basic bitch?

20 lashes

Heh, half the people that mentioned this got them mixed up from the OP even.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 11:43:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Question is, do you really think it is going to get better?

There is your answer.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 11:43:44 PM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My MIL wont come over because she saw about three 5 gallons buckets of 223 brass and about stroked out lol
https://media.giphy.com/media/S3Ot3hZ5bcy8o/giphy.gif
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 11:46:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Oh.  That simplifies things.

When in doubt, there is no doubt.

Go enjoy your life without her.  You deserve it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kids?
Nope, my boys dont swim
Oh.  That simplifies things.

When in doubt, there is no doubt.

Go enjoy your life without her.  You deserve it.
Psychobabble. OP, you got married for a reason. Stick to your word, you haven't even started trying yet, it seems to me.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 11:48:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Did she marry you or retain you as her Butler?
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 11:50:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Doing a few chores isnt being a bitch. I buy the groceries because she buys shitty gluten free and organic garbage. I buy food because i want to taste it.
View Quote
Tell me about it. When my wife goes shopping, she buys shit. Me, I buy the gourmet expensive stuff because when I eat it, I want to taste it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 11:50:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I blame it on crossfit. She started doing that shit and is fully obsessed with it, and now thinks it constitutes "doing something" for the day.
View Quote
I'll be that guy - any chance she found herself a new "workout buddy" at Crossfit?  That makes some women hate their husbands, and they get all shitty with them.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 11:51:21 PM EDT
[#15]
CrossFit?  How sure are you she’s not with someone in the side?
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 11:54:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Fuck that. No one should be the bitch of the relationship. Seems like that's what she's trying to make you be, and you're noticing.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 11:55:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Tell me about it. When my wife goes shopping, she buys shit. Me, I buy the gourmet expensive stuff because when I eat it, I want to taste it.
View Quote
But you know what's on my mind right now? It ain't the coffee in my kitchen

ETA oh shit is this a crossfit thread now? I'm out!
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 11:57:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ahhh. The never ending shit test game.
View Quote
It gets old fast.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 11:58:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

20 lashes

View Quote
I noticed that too. I may show my wife this thread. Half the people cant remember immediately after reading the OP, it is effectively random. After a few days i will forget which it is, i have so much shit to do at work and home with everything going on, and house always needs some attending, orange vs tangerine is pretty fucking far down the list of things that i have on my mind.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:00:41 AM EDT
[#20]
My last GF was the same way. She'd bitch about the bathtub being dirty. I cleaned it the first few times, and usually always cleaned up around the house. The next time, she gave it a shot. She stopped halfway and said "I can't do it as well as you do", so I said, grab the brush and the Comet and I'll show you. Same deal, she gets down and scrubs, and says "See, it's not working". She was also horrible at cleaning bathrooms and the kitchen.

I said "Cool, if you don't want to do that, we'll split the $150/mo for a cleaning lady". Bitch eyes & tone come out "I'm not paying for that".

I should have said "Well then keep scrubbing bitch".
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:01:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'll be that guy - any chance she found herself a new "workout buddy" at Crossfit?  That makes some women hate their husbands, and they get all shitty with them.
View Quote
Is this a thing?
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:03:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Huh.  Be a cold day in hell before I’d trouble myself with a man who’d put up with that kind of shit from me.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:03:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Why didn't you go to the fair with her and her nephew?
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:05:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Shit tests, and you are failing spectacularly.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:06:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My last GF was the same way. She'd bitch about the bathtub being dirty. I cleaned it the first few times, and usually always cleaned up around the house. The next time, she gave it a shot. She stopped halfway and said "I can't do it as well as you do", so I said, grab the brush and the Comet and I'll show you. Same deal, she gets down and scrubs, and says "See, it's not working". She was also horrible at cleaning bathrooms and the kitchen.

I said "Cool, if you don't want to do that, we'll split the $150/mo for a cleaning lady". Bitch eyes & tone come out "I'm not paying for that".

View Quote
I couldn’t be with a man who used Comet.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:10:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Is this a thing?
View Quote
That is absolutely a thing. Wife’s uncle, happened with his wife
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:13:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:15:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I never ask my wife to do anything. She asks me to do shit all the time, often with complicate instructions or very specific details. Things that she really should do. I, of course, always mess up and then she gets mad at me. It is a test, and i constantly fail, which is clearly proof i dont listen to her or care about her

I started making her do whatever she was asking me to do. Since then she has reduced the amount of things she asks me to do, but still sometimes she asks me to do something while she sits on ass watching tv. I tell her to get off her ass and do it herself since she is so particular. Sometimes though, she sneaks one in and i end up doing something she tells me to do because there is a plausible chance of her asking me because it really is logistically easier. For example, picking up her exact brand, flavor, and specific can size sparkling water bullshit on my way home from work.

Like today. I did all the yard work, cleaned kitchen, vaccuumed, and bought groceries. I had time in between to do my shit. I finished up a pocket knife i was making, i welded a metal frame together for a new heat treating oven, and i processed a dozen sets of bone for knife handles. Pretty god damn productive day. She went to a fair with her nephew, then came home and sat on ass, then bitched at me because i got god damn orange sparkling water instead of tangerine.

Tl;dr never marry a girl from a rich family
View Quote
If I gave you hell over orange soda, it’d be because I want it a little rough and I’m giving you a pretext to spank my ass.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:15:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Why didn't you go to the fair with her and her nephew?
View Quote
I usually spend saturdays with him and she spends sundays with him. Two adults to babysit one kid is a bit overkill.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:16:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Shit tests, and you are failing spectacularly.
View Quote
Hence why i am asking for solutions. Making her do shit helped a lot but she still sneaks them in and i dont always see it coming.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:20:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I noticed that too. I may show my wife this thread. Half the people cant remember immediately after reading the OP, it is effectively random. After a few days i will forget which it is, i have so much shit to do at work and home with everything going on, and house always needs some attending, orange vs tangerine is pretty fucking far down the list of things that i have on my mind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

20 lashes

Bad idea.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:23:26 AM EDT
[#32]
My friend's sister bawled out her husband because she told him to buy a specific food product.  Why that specific product?  Because it is good (I concur with her taste).  He goes to the store, finds something cheaper and buys that instead.  He's very proud about saving money and goes home to shows it to her. She gave him an azzchewing and sent him like a whipped dog back to the store to return what he bought and to buy the right item this time.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:27:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:29:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doing a few chores isnt being a bitch. I buy the groceries because she buys shitty gluten free and organic garbage. I buy food because i want to taste it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:31:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Bad idea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

20 lashes

Bad idea.
Agreed.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:36:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Is this a thing?
View Quote
By "workout buddy", I mean "guy she's fucking".  Happened to me once, I won't go into the long dirty details.  And a serial cheater chick I used to fuck when she was in-between boyfriends confirms that when she found a new guy to hang out with or fuck, she'd get short and shitty with her current BF.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:39:03 AM EDT
[#37]
That is awesome, i didnt even realize i pulled a pulp fiction reference.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:42:44 AM EDT
[#38]
The only thing female related I have to tell is that A 22 year old sent me nude pics today. I want to thank the OP for reinforcing my decision to be a life long bachelor.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:42:58 AM EDT
[#39]
my wife does the same thing except she doesnt speak english all that well and NEVER gives any detail on what she wants done. and if I say no she needs to pick whats for her birthday dinner or any choices there will be a 3 day long fight.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:43:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If I gave you hell over orange soda, it'd be because I want it a little rough and I'm giving you a pretext to spank my ass.
View Quote
I got a chuckle from that. Good on you for injecting levity into a serious discussion that...isn't.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:44:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Any real man knows a relationship isn't about keeping score. I have no problem cooking, cleaning, doing laundry and grocery shopping.... The way I see it is my warden never asked or expected me to change a diaper when my kids were young, I never was expected to get up in the middle of night to feed the kids. Her job was tending to the kids and my was providing for the family.
If I didn't have kids I'd still participate in the day to day running of the house, my kids are grown and gone know and still do my far share and then some.
BTW the last thing you want the warden to do is hold you hostage by relying on her to do everything.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:53:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The only thing female related I have to tell is that A 22 year old sent me nude pics today. I want to thank the OP for reinforcing my decision to be a life long bachelor.
View Quote
You are welcome
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:53:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife hates the smell of Pine-Sol.  If I have to clean my bathroom, guess which cleaner I use.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:54:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Prove it.  Send us the pics.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:59:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Hence why i am asking for solutions. Making her do shit helped a lot but she still sneaks them in and i dont always see it coming.
View Quote
The next time she sneaks one in, politely say "no thanks" as if you're turning down a drink refill.

She will walk away confused about what just happened.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 1:12:12 AM EDT
[#46]
You need to sit her down and explain all of this to her.

THEN start telling her no.

If you just start telling her no out of the blue she's going to get shitty on you and think you're just being an asshole.  If you tell her no with the points you made during your talk backing you up she might get pissed off but deep down she will understand.

If that doesn't work then you have a serious problem on your hands.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 1:13:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Sometimes I'm a prick to my wife.  I dont do it on purpose, just the stuff I say comes out wrong.  I almost always apologize.  Sometimes she asks me to do things that clearly don't need done.  Sometimes I do them anyway, sometimes not.

i do catch her making up stuff for the kids to do, fabricated so they can be "doing something".  It pisses them off, and rightly so I think, but I try to always take her side in kid arguments as moral support.  Later I tell her if I found it over the line.  I told her I thought it better if she made a list of expectations for them and went over it with them - a chores list so to speak.  Then it's clearly communicated as an expectation and we stick to it.

i guess what I'm trying to say is this:  marriage ain't all bunnies and butterflies.  I don't know if what OP is bitching about is a couple of one-off incidents, or these "shit tests" that others referenced.  Does the wife even recognize what she's doing?  OP referenced her as a "rich girl" earlier.  Maybe she really has no idea?

if OP has talked to her about this purse swinging and it still continues, then it's an entirely different situation.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 1:15:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
You need to sit her down and explain all of this to her.

THEN start telling her no.

If you just start telling her no out of the blue she's going to get shitty on you and think you're just being an asshole.  If you tell her no with the points you made during your talk backing you up she might get pissed off but deep down she will understand.

If that doesn't work then you have a serious problem on your hands.
View Quote
We have had two of these discussions. But i havent tied in my turning her down to the discussions. Also whenever she starts in with the ridiculous complaining, such as today's orange vs tangerine water, i usually ignore it and dont engage. I should probably interrupt her and tell her that is what i am talking about. I need to make that connection. Thank you, this is an excellent point.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 1:23:44 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm not married so my opinion means shit all, but fuck that noise.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 1:24:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I never ask my wife to do anything. She asks me to do shit all the time, often with complicate instructions or very specific details. Things that she really should do. I, of course, always mess up and then she gets mad at me. It is a test, and i constantly fail, which is clearly proof i dont listen to her or care about her

I started making her do whatever she was asking me to do. Since then she has reduced the amount of things she asks me to do, but still sometimes she asks me to do something while she sits on ass watching tv. I tell her to get off her ass and do it herself since she is so particular. Sometimes though, she sneaks one in and i end up doing something she tells me to do because there is a plausible chance of her asking me because it really is logistically easier. For example, picking up her exact brand, flavor, and specific can size sparkling water bullshit on my way home from work.

Like today. I did all the yard work, cleaned kitchen, vaccuumed, and bought groceries. I had time in between to do my shit. I finished up a pocket knife i was making, i welded a metal frame together for a new heat treating oven, and i processed a dozen sets of bone for knife handles. Pretty god damn productive day. She went to a fair with her nephew, then came home and sat on ass, then bitched at me because i got god damn orange sparkling water instead of tangerine.

Tl;dr never marry a girl from a rich family
View Quote
Right now you are a combination maid, hired help that does not get paid.
In 20 years you will be furniture.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top