Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:48:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats, my wife got her citizenship last year.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:55:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:59:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My farmgirl from Northern Ireland passed her interview for US citizenship today, she goes for her formal swearing in ceremony in a week or so.

Very happy day for us, she was getting nervous studying, etc.

Woohoo!

Time for a drink!

Had to share, thanks for listening.

My wife has to take her written test in 3 weeks.   I was wondering how long the process took for your wife, and how many steps are there after the exam?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My farmgirl from Northern Ireland passed her interview for US citizenship today, she goes for her formal swearing in ceremony in a week or so.

Woohoo!

Time for a drink!

My wife has to take her written test in 3 weeks.   I was wondering how long the process took for your wife, and how many steps are there after the exam?

My wife's written test consisted of her having to write "I pay taxes" in English. Honest to Christ, that's it.

My wife applied in August of this year. After today's exam all she has to do is wait for her swearing in, which is a week or two from now.

The initial Green card application was a much bigger PITA. We both had to go down for that and be interviewed, bring photos of us together, etc.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:14:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Woohoo!

Time for a drink!

My wife's written test consisted of her having to write "I pay taxes" in English. Honest to Christ, that's it.

My wife applied in August of this year. After today's exam all she has to do is wait for her swearing in, which is a week or two from now.

The initial Green card application was a much bigger PITA. We both had to go down for that and be interviewed, bring photos of us together, etc.

Thanks for the info, and congratulations
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:24:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Woohoo!

Time for a drink!

Congratulations!!!!

My wife's 1/2 Irish (lemovate sp?) and 1/2 Scottish (Highlands).  She doesn't want to become a citizen

Limavady?????

My wife is from Limavady (Co. Derry)!

As far as your wife not wanting to be a citizen, my wife used to talk BS about not wanting it too - they're a proud people.

She'll come around. Keep at it.

My wife used to also have no use for guns, etc as she grew up in a society that didn't have any. She was a little freaked about me having a Glock 26 on my person at all times.

Things change. She just recently took her NRA Intro To Firearms course and I bought her a Ruger 10/22 at her request.

Yes, Limavady.  Her mother's maiden name was Andrews (Grandmother's was Nichols)  My Father in law is a Scottish sailor (captain McNab).  When I first met him I could barely understand him but since Shrek's become mainstream I've picked up his broak a little more.

My wife's cousin from England was here over the summer and stayed with us for a week.  I took him shooting for his first time ever.  He posted pics on his facebook page.

Interestingly (well at least to me) he was more excited to shoot a .357 revolver than any of my black rifles.

My wife's a good shot.  She doesn't have her CHL yet but wants to get it.  My wife likes the fact that I CCW everywhere I go.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Congrats and welcome aboard the USS Titanic....Enjoy your trip.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:28:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#10]
AWESOME!

I didn't know they let western Europeans in anymore.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:37:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Most excellent!

Another one of Us!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:38:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:39:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Congratulations!!! That's pretty cool.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Congratulations to her, and welcome from another naturalized citizen of this great republic!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:40:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Congrats      
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:43:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#17]
congrats
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:47:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Is she a redhead?

Nah, brunette.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:58:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Woohoo!

Time for a drink!

Congrats!!

Make sure you go to the swearing in ceremony.  Despite an appearance by "the one" it is wonderful to see all the new Americans and their love for our country.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:23:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Well done!  Bring a camera to the oath ceremony.  I naturalized just over 2 years ago, and forgot to bring a camera.  My brother-in-law got a couple of pics with his cell phone cam.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:27:41 PM EDT
[#21]
congrats!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:43:44 PM EDT
[#22]
*insert southern border joke*
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:46:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
*insert southern border joke*

I was waiting for the "Should have just smuggled her in from Mexico" joke.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:04:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Woohoo!

Time for a drink!

Seriously?  I had read somewhere that they were actually making it into a real test.  Is this a random process that some people get the hard test and others don't?  I'd be totally stoked if my wife could get citizenship.  It's a pain in the ass to travel anywhere on her Thai passport.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:07:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Congrats.

and what, NO PICS????

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#26]
That's awesome!

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:09:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
She arrived just in time to watch Obama turn America into Belfast.

She knows how to load magazines.

We're working on the shooting.

Rules are rules...and there are always loop holes...(fucking politicians & bureaucrats)

So how about a picture of her hands as she's loading some mags.

Mrs. DOW, congrats on your citizenship.  DOW, congrats.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:14:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Woohoo!

Time for a drink!

300,000,000 million people are already Americans, 11,000,000 are here illegally and you STILL gotta go to Ireland?  

Somebody is a picky fucker ain't he?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:29:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Congrats.

BTW, not Irish at all here but I'll help out with any Jameson or Bushmills
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:40:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Woohoo!

Time for a drink!

Seriously?  I had read somewhere that they were actually making it into a real test.  Is this a random process that some people get the hard test and others don't?  I'd be totally stoked if my wife could get citizenship.  It's a pain in the ass to travel anywhere on her Thai passport.

The test is actually a two part test, verbal and English (written).

The verbal portion of the test is 6 questions taken from 100 you're given to study. It requires some studying, even for somebody born and educated here.

The written (English) part is the simple part.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Congrats

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:46:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Congrats!!! I know how stressful it is, I just did it last august.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:47:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Pics?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Congratulations to her! A former co-worker and good friend just got her citizenship.  She's Dutch, from England, and moved to IN at age 3 and got her citizenship last week.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Someone from Ireland that likes to drink, I never heard that. Can she sing like the Celtic Women?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:25:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Congrats to her!  

With that said, ask her not to do anything that will get the rest of us Irish kicked out of here.

I'm pretty sure we are on thin ice as it is.

GM
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:59:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Congratulations!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top