Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 3:04:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I just buried my kitty an hour and a half ago.

He wasn't even 4 years old.

Sorry about your parents' cat.  It can be rough.

- BG
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 3:05:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

- BG

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 3:07:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Cats are territorial and bringing a cat into an environment were two other cats live is not an easy thing to do and supervision is a must..... cats don't relate to relatives the way we do.

My son and daughter in law keep cats.... when they introduce a new cat into their home, the first couple of weeks are always tough on the new cat.... they have to watch the newbie like a hawk.

When they moved into a new place with well established cats that lived together for two years, they fought like hell over the new territory for a month...... new home, new fights.

This.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 3:11:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
My parents are going out of town this weekend.  I have two cats, a boy(Blanco) and girl(Beaker).  My parents' cat(Bud) is Blanco's brother.  Since they are brothers, we like to let them see each other and this was a good opportunity.  

Not even an hour after my mom dropped Bud off I heard the cats get into it.  Beaker was harassing him they all freaked out.  I split them up and put Bud in a room with food/water/litterbox to get them apart.  He shat all over himself and hid under the bed.  I cleaned him up and tried to calm him down, but I had to shower for work.  

When I got out of the shower I checked on him and his was not moving or breathing and looked like this

he was only 2 but apparently had heart problems before.  

Sounds like a medical problem... Not really your fault.

That's what my mom said, but man I'm a little down now.  

Sounds like it would of happened no matter what sooner or later.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 3:27:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Is your cat a tiger?
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 3:59:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I was gonna post a smart ass remark..but thought of something better.

I see your in Ohio. If its not too soon, I have two kittens (about three or so months old), that I haven't been able to find a home for. This next week, they are going to the shelter. If you or your parents want, one (or both?) they are free to a good home. Just let me know.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 4:11:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Two cats enter...

I see what you did there.....
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 4:44:08 PM EDT
[#8]
What you learned is cats are not social animals, they are not interested in their brothers and sisters after they reach sexual maturity. They are interested in their territory. A cat is much more attached to it's house(territory) than it is to it's owners.
If you or your parents go out of town fro 2-3 days just leave the cat home with a bunch of food and water. If longer than that, stop by, or have someone stop by and feed and water the cat.
It is much less stressful on the cat.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 5:01:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

- BG

Feelin frisky tonight SJ?  

(majorly innapropriate derail of a cat death thread...)

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 5:08:03 PM EDT
[#10]
died taking a shit. thats how the king went out
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top