Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 4:57:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I liked it. The battles scenes between the Alien and Predator was cool. There was a Badass Alien who had a net scar on his head. Now that Alien kicked ass
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 6:11:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
most entertaining review I have read in a while, desertmoon.  You should replace the fat guy.

Why thank you good sir....actually, for some odd reason I've been hooked on movie reviews since I was a kid.  I am a voracious reader and we had a subscription to TV Guide and for some odd reason I used to read them cover to cover because I had already read everything within miles of the house. Of course I also read the reviews in the local paper and in things like People or Rolling Stone.  As I got older I started noticing some of the things the reviewers were talking about made sense.  Other times I noticed that I disagreed with them.  I've been goofing around with it ever since....
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 6:29:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I think SpongeBob could kick both their asses!
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 6:37:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
At least they didnt use Sigourney Weaver to play Ripley's great-great-great-great-great-grandmother.

Yummmmmm - Sigourney Weaver in her underwear.....<sigh>.

Hielo - did you ever see the Movie HALF MOON STREET  with Michael Caine? Her tits are OUT bare, nekked for a while while she is riding and exercise bike.
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 6:41:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Even better; Sigourney Weaver in Half Moon Street!movie sucked otherwise

Missed this post GiggleSmith - titties I see titties!!!
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 6:47:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
All I'm going to say is thank God I got into the movie for free.

Badge?
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 6:54:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
At least they didnt use Sigourney Weaver to play Ripley's great-great-great-great-great-grandmother.

You're sick hielo, just plain sick.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:52:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I enjoyed it.

I thought they did a good job of integrating the 2 franchises

Watchoo bin smokin', Willis????
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:04:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Just saw it today; wasn't  a total waste of the matineee cost.Not up to Scotts or Camerons directorial level, but good nonetheless.Typical summer entertainment.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:13:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
All I'm going to say is thank God I got into the movie for free.

Badge?

When a JBT uses his badge for a MOVIE ticket I think they call it TIN!

Where's my Tin Foil Hat?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:17:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
wait, hold on . what was wrong with resident evil?

I liked it, but whats up with the name Raccoon City?

The Japanese have a thing for raccoons.
And teens in sailor suits.
And tentacle rape.

haha best thing I heard all day
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I liked it, of course I'm a big sci-fi fan, so I gave it alot of room. There were some points I didn't like, as mentioned above. I did catch the pro-gun statement mentioned in it also. Lots eye candy! I'd give it a 5 out of 10.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:22:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd give it a 6 outta 10.  I liked it, but it took an effort on my part to overlook several moments of total crap in it.  The fights and stuff were cool, the weapons were cool (somebody should have taken down at least one alien with a G36 though...), and the effects were pretty good.  It just felt really really rushed (since they crammed it into about 3/4's the time of your average movie, wtf?) and not written well.

All it really needed was a quality writer/director like James Cameron again.  You can just tell it wasn't written/directed well (just like Alien3 and Alien 4).  Anderson just wasn't up to it....

I hope hope hope the rumors of both Cameron and Scott's involvement in Alien5 turn out to be true, could be soooooo sweet...

All that said, I'd probably buy the DVD for $10-$15, which is WAYYYY more than I can say for Alien3 or 4 (wouldn't give you 50 cents for either)...
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:09:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'd give it a 6 outta 10.  I liked it, but it took an effort on my part to overlook several moments of total crap in it.  The fights and stuff were cool, the weapons were cool (somebody should have taken down at least one alien with a G36 though...), and the effects were pretty good.  It just felt really really rushed (since they crammed it into about 3/4's the time of your average movie, wtf?) and not written well.

All it really needed was a quality writer/director like James Cameron again.  You can just tell it wasn't written/directed well (just like Alien3 and Alien 4).  Anderson just wasn't up to it....

I hope hope hope the rumors of both Cameron and Scott's involvement in Alien5 turn out to be true, could be soooooo sweet...

All that said, I'd probably buy the DVD for $10-$15, which is WAYYYY more than I can say for Alien3 or 4 (wouldn't give you 50 cents for either)...

It was entertaining, but not sepectacular, I did like how they sequead into and also made it the prequle to Alien with the last scene of the movie, overal, 6 to 6.5, more of a renter
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:05:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Went last night with my son.  He loved it and I liked it.

Good:  Cool predators, wish the first 2 didn't go down so easy, third one was tough.

Bad:  Stupid liberal anti-gun, enviro-nazi is the only human to survive.  Why couldn't it have been the black guy (played by Colin Salmon) or the blonde chick (she looked hot!)?

I'll get the DVD.

Merlin
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top