Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Religion of peace at work.

Yep. Every time some heinous act is committed allah akbar is spoken or shouted. Someday its going to net a pavlovian response.

Because no Christian soldier has ever said "Thank God" at the successful completion of a mission. Or said "God willing, we'll succeed," before the mission began.  I know my old weapon squad leader, SSG Hunter did both of those and more before and after every mission.

It is sad that you can't see the difference.

This "moral relativism" shit is REALLY starting to get on my nerves.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 12:41:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep. Every time some heinous act is committed allah akbar is spoken or shouted. Someday its going to net a pavlovian response.

Because no Christian soldier has ever said "Thank God" at the successful completion of a mission. Or said "God willing, we'll succeed," before the mission began.  I know my old weapon squad leader, SSG Hunter did both of those and more before and after every mission.

People murdering others while repeatedly saying god is great or god is good

while doing it is getting on my nerves.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#3]
in
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 12:42:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Why were the IA guys asleep during the middle of the damn day with one guy (unarmed I think) standing watch?

Based upon my research here (seeing posts from guys that have BTDT unlike me ):

Because they are Iraqis/Afghans/Arabs/-Insert Middle East type here-

correct
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 12:44:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bummer.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 12:45:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Very reminisicent in some ways of the sapper attacks used by the Viet Cong.

They liked to throw grenades on buses carrying G.I.s in the urban areas - so much that military buses had to start putting chicken wire over the windows.

Kind of eerie, in a sense.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 12:59:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They didn't have a state of readiness.  They let their guard down and paid with their lives.

This is typical Iraqi SOP, they are VERY lazy!
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 1:19:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Other than looting there gear I don't understand why they are taking out such low value targets.  I suppose it will make the locals think twice what a waste.
Religion of peace my ass.

Fear, intimidation, shows the government has no real power. Let's the man on the street know they can be taken whenever, where ever, so don't put up any resistance.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 1:19:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Do those guard shacks not have door locks?
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 1:23:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Do those guard shacks not have door locks?

I was thinking the same thing, I also was wondering if they should

booby trap something that they would take. Something that would detonate

about 15 minutes later.. Just in case.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 1:24:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I remember hearing rumors about shit like that going down when I was there.  Most of the guys I worked with thought it was BS.  I always figured there was a grain of truth to it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I should care about Iraqis killing Iraqis why?  The fewer the better if you ask me.  Hope they can keep up with the reproduction rate.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 1:32:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Simple. Shoot the camera man. And any near him.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 1:38:20 PM EDT
[#14]
These videos should be shown to all new recruits at basic training. Complacency kills.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 1:42:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Ballsy yes, but their level of brazeness and technical level has surely made them a top target of CIA, etc.  Bet all those goat fucking camel jockey sand wiggers are dead by now.  Probably in a similar fashion.........
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 1:46:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ballsy yes, but their level of brazeness and technical level has surely made them a top target of CIA, etc.  Bet all those goat fucking camel jockey sand wiggers are dead by now.  Probably in a similar fashion.........

bet they aint..
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What the fuck gives you that idea?

I mean if it makes you feel better then sure, we can say that they're all dead by now.

But surely you're not foolish enough to actually believe that?
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 1:50:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I wonder who taught them those techniques, and manufactured those cans?
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Sorry to say it but Good Tactics.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 1:58:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I wonder who taught them those techniques, and manufactured those cans?

Piling out of a car and shooting unsuspecting people is not that high speed. Any half way decent machinist can make a can.  Decisive action, not high speed tactics, is what makes these guys successful. That's the way it usually is.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 1:59:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why were the IA guys asleep during the middle of the damn day with one guy (unarmed I think) standing watch?

Cause that's how they are. Very lazy and very poorly trained. At least from what I saw when I was over there.

It really is a culture thing beyond just being lazy.  Since they all believe Inshallah, they believe completely every outcome is god's will so they have no true influence on what they do.

Their laziness is god's will.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:00:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
since when is the mujahideen in iraq?

Are you being sarcastic?

No, I think he is just being stupid.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:00:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sorry to say it but Good Tactics.

Speed and surprise usually carries the day.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:03:53 PM EDT
[#25]
tag
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:05:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

That's what my Iraqis called the jihadis they had to get past every day.

It doesn't refer to just one group, but anyone waging violent jihad for Islam.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:05:34 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It really is a culture thing beyond just being lazy.  Since they all believe Inshallah, they believe completely every outcome is god's will so they have no true influence on what they do.

Their laziness is god's will.

I'll say, in this case the Christian approach of "God helps those who help themselves" does seem to be the stronger approach

I am curious, though, why they don't grasp that the bad guys aren't practicing insha'allah. You'd think they figure it out, but I have no hands on experience with the Iraqi people.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:07:57 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I should care about Iraqis killing Iraqis why?  The fewer the better if you ask me.  Hope they can keep up with the reproduction rate.

Because this is jihadis killing non-jihadis.

Do you think they would be content to remain in Iraq if they managed to prevail?

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:09:36 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I have no hands on experience with the Iraqi people.

Meet me behind the shwarma shop on Thursday & I'll hook you up.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:10:09 PM EDT
[#30]
The first checkpoint looks familiar, I believe it is in Ramadi or Fallujah. Also, silenced weapons have been a TTP in Anbar for a while, one of ourNY NG  MPs got popped by one right outside the Ramadi DHQ in spring '11. No one heard a thing, he just dropped. Clean hit and exit right below the collar bone, but thank god he lived. The next day propaganda video surfaced with footage of him being shot. Way creepy shit.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:20:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The first checkpoint looks familiar, I believe it is in Ramadi or Fallujah. Also, silenced weapons have been a TTP in Anbar for a while, one of ourNY NG  MPs got popped by one right outside the Ramadi DHQ in spring '11. No one heard a thing, he just dropped. Clean hit and exit right below the collar bone, but thank god he lived. The next day propaganda video surfaced with footage of him being shot. Way creepy shit.

Glad he lived, but thats fucked up
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:21:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That's pretty messed up. We leave and pretty much the tribes go at it again, only a matter of time for the government to crumble. Iraq needs a dictator.

This is probably pretty close to the truth. Some cultures can't be led, they have to be ruled.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:23:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Next op they can just stroll up wearing the gear they stole on this one.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:23:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So a Soldier carrying out a mission is now  a 'heinous act' ?

Oh, and you forgot to mention the Christians yelling that just before blowing themselves and ten others in a public square or just before flying a plane into a skyscraper.

Oh, wait. Nevermind.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:24:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So a Soldier carrying out a mission is now  a 'heinous act' ?

Oh, and you forgot to mention the Christians yelling that just before blowing themselves and ten others in a public square or just before flying a plane into a skyscraper.

Oh, wait. Nevermind.

sounds like the christians I know...
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:26:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Impressive actually.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#37]
No defensive posture or attitude of professionalism = death in a war zone.

I'm not certain what more could have been done for the Iraqi Army. They had the best training and equipment we could provide.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:29:39 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm surprised this doesn't happen to coalition forces more often. Being at 100% readiness at all times for months at a time is nearly impossible. All it takes is one slip. They are always watching.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:33:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Next op they can just stroll up wearing the gear they stole on this one.

It certainly seems to have been a pretty well planned and executed operation for insurgents. The achieved their goals using a great amount of violence of action, didnt bite off more than they could chew by attacking too large a target or showing up dressed like rambo, and did it all with an eye towards future goals (the armor, the propaganda value, etc).
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:33:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not watching the vids cause I am on hughesnet
But are they probably doing what is tactically correct and what I would do?

CP

I'm not military, but if I was an insurgent/terrorist, it makes sense to me.

Basically zooming up on check points or guard shacks that only have a few guys in them, jump out and kill them all with silenced weapons, and take all their gear.

Sounds like every resistance group since before man would make paper or had a clue what gun powder was. Find a small detachment of troops then overwhelm with speed and force...take what you can use and flee before reinforcements can show up.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:41:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Other than looting there gear I don't understand why they are taking out such low value targets.  I suppose it will make the locals think twice what a waste.
Religion of peace my ass.

Opportunistic targets may be more applicable.

Actually makes sense...in the mind of the Jihadist everyone who is a cog in the machine is fair game....It serves to create terror in the ranks of government employees, ties up more resources when it comes to security, scores the attacker new gear, allows the attacker to train the youngest or newest fighters in the field, and gives them a public win.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:50:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
They didn't have a state of readiness.  They let their guard down and paid with their lives.

First clip - Just goes to show "The Kingdom" had some good advice: drive 90 mph, anyone trying to keep up is a bad guy.

Second clip - Sleeping Guys who's are now Dead Guys, "Thanks for keeping watch, dickweeds!"

I stopped watching after that...
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:51:52 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Keep doing that and the Iraqi soldiers might start getting more twitchy and catch on to them.

Wouldn't doubt if a couple of them were Iraqi soldiers or cops.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:54:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yes, the CIA has dropped what is it doing to start a worldwide manhunt for faceless, nameless thugs!
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:56:42 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Since ANY Muslim allegedly fighting for Allah is a Muj.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:58:08 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not watching the vids cause I am on hughesnet

But are they probably doing what is tactically correct and what I would do?

CP

I'm not military, but if I was an insurgent/terrorist, it makes sense to me.

Basically zooming up on check points or guard shacks that only have a few guys in them, jump out and kill them all with silenced weapons, and take all their gear.

It works for now

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 3:00:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Pretty sure a non-arab thought that up.
Maybe Iranians or Chechens.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 3:01:37 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

LMAO Not the frigging same at all. Did he shout "Jesus Saves" Every time he shot a helpless person in the face? Because thats what the Islamists do.

If you think thats the same, then you are nuts.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 3:03:18 PM EDT
[#49]
there is really very little to go on in these videos, unless someone can read the captions in the first one, it actually looks like it was taken from a news segment.

The victims are likely to be IA, a couple might be Pesh, but I think that is doubtful just because any place the Pesh are in charge, the environment is not friendly to having those knuckleheads running around with impunity.

It's also an open question if they gained anything more than a propaganda victory, it is very common to see equipment that is actually just for looks...for example, knock-off OTV's that appear to have all the high speed features, but in fact are just made to look like American equipment, not even with soft armor inserts. Guys will also carry around ammo pouches with foam in them, and maybe one mag, total. I don't know if that is a cultural thing because they just dont trust jundis with ammo, or they just don't want to bother carrying around much. It's hot you know.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 3:04:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

lol
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top