User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#1]
You have Toomey pipes on your bike?

Quoted:
Riding my bike is almost like riding a dirt bike, except it is lower to the ground. Very light and nimble.
no problem leaning either way.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/akethan/rz3502.jpg

Link Posted: 1/6/2005 1:29:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Left or right is equally terrifying. Depends on the particular corner.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 9:57:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
... you need more miles with the breeze to your knees

... kinda like flinching the first few time you fired a 1911

Who? I have a significant amount of miles under my belt, mostly on a cruiser and a 900cc sport bike. I can corner both ways equally well but am just "more at ease" doing so on a left turn. I just dont think about it as much.

S.O.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:03:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I just sold my Katana 750, great bike. Yep, left turns always felt smooth and natural and rights felt over controlled and calculated, I thought it was just me.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:11:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Back when I use to race on my off time I could nail lefts.  Rights were ok but I always felt more comfortable on my knee on the left side.  It made for interesting racing since Road A and Robling road
are mostly right hands.  I always got owned there.  When I went down to the FL races like a Moso and homestead <--- fav track btw, I was at my top.  Even got some elbow action out of homestead.  Knee action is one thing but let me tell ya eblow is a whole new experince and not one I would want to do again at my age now.

wolf
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:10:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You have Toomey pipes on your bike?

Quoted:
Riding my bike is almost like riding a dirt bike, except it is lower to the ground. Very light and nimble.
no problem leaning either way.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/akethan/rz3502.jpg

AKEthan is gone snowmobiling for the weekend.  Those are Toomey pipes and porting as well!    
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:07:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't have a comfort issue with either side, but I do like turning right more.  It seems that I can make sharper corners.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Typically, the rider will protect their control side.  They will tend to lean more left, than right.  But on a brit bike, they tend to lean more right, than left.  Ergonomically, it may have something to do with angle of the wrist on the throttle.....I don't know.  But I do know, I lean more left myself...
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:13:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Could this be because your rear brake is on the right foot?
Some people instinctively take their foot off of the inside peg when going through a turn. This would mean taking your foot away from where you can reach the brake while taking a right turn.

ktm500

It looks like Cope beat me to it.

It seems to me that this is just a bad habit built when first learning to ride. It could also be that when coming to a stop, you cannot hold the rear brake down and touch the ground with the right foot at the same time.

ktm500
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top