Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:50:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Mossberg 590A1 or the Remington Police Magnum.  Unless of course you want something a little more versatile.....

ETA: For those wanting a bayo lug, S&J sells kits for 870s and 930s.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:55:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Considering a home defense shotgun...

The Mossberg Cruiser looks like a ready made option, but I know the 870 is widely considered the "standard". I would just have to "tacticool" the 870.

Brother in Law is getting married in a couple of months, and I thought about getting him one as a wedding present as well.

The 870 is a little higher, especially once you put stuff on it, but is it worth it?

Mossberg 500, 590  or an 870.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 5:02:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Both the 870 and the 500 are good shotguns. The 590 is a good option too.

I have a 500 and it's never gave me any problems however if I had it to do over again I would go with the 870. Personally they just feel like a better built shotgun. More options for upgrades with the 870 too.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 5:09:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Rem 870 Police Magnum.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 5:14:44 AM EDT
[#5]
metal tube with a stock and trigger.....
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 5:17:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I have an 870 and love it. My buddy has a 500 and it is really nice too, I actually like the safety placement on it better. When I went to get my boy his first shotgun I was set to get the 500 youth model, but it felt cheap. The forend was loose and wobbly and the plastic did not fit well. I ended up getting him an 870 youth model. The fit and finish was just way better.

However, Remington pissed me off with their limp wristed support of gun owners in NY. They gave lip service, talking a good game about defending our rights, but when it came to action time, they took the money and stayed put in NY feeding the beast. FUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 2:28:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
East, straight  down 20

Ahh.  Well, if you can find a Mossy cruiser, let me know.  I have a spare birdshead which will make it waaaaaaay more comfy to shoot.

http://i.imgur.com/CM614zpl.jpg

Where did you get that pistol grip? I would really like to know.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 2:35:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I vote 870. Better quality and for sure GTG
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top