User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:57:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sounds like these were just cases of commercial fireworks mortar shells.  At the very worst, they would be bulk salutes but I doubt that.  Technically bulk salutes( basically just the mortar shells that go up and make a bang but don't have any visual effect) are shipped/stored as DOT 1.1 "high explosives" while the mortar shells that have the break, along with some stars inside, are shipped as DOT 1.3 "low explosives".   I doubt is bulk salutes because technically you can count a box of 50 mortar shells with 49 salutes and one colored shell as a mixed case and therefore can be shipped as 1.3 Low explosive.

Something like this:

http://www.sixthseal.com/archive/February2006/3_inch_shell.jpg
View Quote
Those are fun.  Bury sch80 pvc for a launcher
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:15:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like these were just cases of commercial fireworks mortar shells.  At the very worst, they would be bulk salutes but I doubt that.  Technically bulk salutes( basically just the mortar shells that go up and make a bang but don't have any visual effect) are shipped/stored as DOT 1.1 "high explosives" while the mortar shells that have the break, along with some stars inside, are shipped as DOT 1.3 "low explosives".   I doubt is bulk salutes because technically you can count a box of 50 mortar shells with 49 salutes and one colored shell as a mixed case and therefore can be shipped as 1.3 Low explosive.

Something like this:
http://www.sixthseal.com/archive/February2006/3_inch_shell.jpg

Actually PVC is about the worst thing you can use.  If any of it is above ground level, if the shell goes off inside the PVC, the PVC will splinter and fragment, causing shrapnel.   HDPE  or fiberglass is the preferred tube material because it doesn't turn into shrapnel if it blows up.   Steel tube can also work but do you want it definitely thick enough
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top