User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:36:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Or, get your eyes zapped by a good doctor, don't tell the MEPS doctor, pass their tests with flying colors, and nobody is the wiser.

Local Navy recruiter had me |-| this close to doing that. Figured that the Navy docs wouldn't notice if I enlisted.

I pointed out that
a)I already had a file at DODMERB from USNA applications
b)The Navy might try and make me an officer since I had a BA, and then they'd damn sure notice the DODMERB file.

Although by now they may have thrown that out.

Either way, I'm pretty happy making my contribution to the defense of the country from the deskbound civilian contractor side, even as just an intern right now. Pays better, less bullshit it seems from what I hear from my friends. Lots of ways to contribute.

Yup, that's why I don't get why people lie about what they did in the .mil, or even being in it at all.  As long as you do your part, you get my respect.  Everone fulfills the mission.  From the SEAL, to the cook, the pilot to the guy pumping JP-5.  Even the guys, like yourself, who couldn't get in, but chose to serve in other ways, like designing the weapons we use to blow up the bad guys.  Hell, I even respect the guy who punches the "Start" button on a machine at Lake City.  Do your job, do your part, accomplish the mission...
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:44:24 PM EDT
[#2]
You can get infantry with red green.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:05:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:18:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
All you people talking about this stuff are crazy.
You go into the Chapter 2 physical.
doc, "any ailments?
you, "Nope!"
doc, "Great, now walk like a duck, naked."
Its only a problem if they know about it.
Once you are in, EVERYTHING IS WAIVERABLE

4.) Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities including, but not limited to, threats against the life of any living person, doing harm to a state or federal official, or advocating the overthrow of the government.

Hardly doing harm to anyone... It's just the way things work...

I highly doubt anyone who's been in the service is going to call that advice against the COC...

Umm YES it is a big problem.  LEGALLY, MORALLY, and Practically - It's advocating falsifying official documents, and if the big green big blue or whichever finds out you lied on your enlistment, they can shit can you right out the front door, maybe prosecute you, eliminate for several years the possibility of a clearance (and the neat jobs that can come with one) or in the case of a contract the enlistee breached, sent him or her off to whatever career field the service thinks they need and haven't been getting enough volunteers for.

Yes, once you're in, an emergent issue (defined as previously unknown) can often be waivered or otherwise worked around.  If it was lied about, it's a whole new ball of wax.

Thati is, in fact, what they can do... However, having known folks in the Army who signed up and made themselves 'healthier' on paper, most of the ones I knew either (a) made it just fine, or (b) their medical stuff got in the way and the were either medically discharged, or given an entry level separation/uncharacterized discharge....

I do know one guy who has his ass in a sling for fraudulent enlistment - he told the Army he was single, when he was (and is) infact still married & trying to get a divorce....

The point was that I doubt the site would consider 'trying to weasel past the med screening' a COC violation...
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:20:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Ah, the calisthenics. 30 guys in boxers hopping on one foot, walking like a duck with your hands up like you're surrendering. They didn't like my quip that I wanted to join the US Military, not the French one.

When I did it, they had us use the convict position for the hands...

Quack-Quack
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:36:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
All you people talking about this stuff are crazy.
You go into the Chapter 2 physical.
doc, "any ailments?
you, "Nope!"
doc, "Great, now walk like a duck, naked."
Its only a problem if they know about it.
Once you are in, EVERYTHING IS WAIVERABLE

The Marine recruiter asked me a bunch of questions. As soon as he learned of my surgery and stainless pins, he said all bets were off and that no service would take anyone with metal pins in their body.

Not true...  I'm going to Marine PLC in a little bit with four pins in my jaw.  Marine recruiter instantly called up to his hq when he heard about my injury.  Doc just needs to sign a form saying that if the pins and palte were to be removed, nothing would change.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:03:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I commend anyone with a disability who went on to serve in the military.  However anyone with a gang tat, kiss my ass and go f___ yourself.  Stay out of our country and military service.  We do not need criminals who will fail or turn on our own in a time of crisis.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:03:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Marine recruiter asked me a bunch of questions. As soon as he learned of my surgery and stainless pins, he said all bets were off and that no service would take anyone with metal pins in their body.

Not true...  I'm going to Marine PLC in a little bit with four pins in my jaw.  Marine recruiter instantly called up to his hq when he heard about my injury.  Doc just needs to sign a form saying that if the pins and palte were to be removed, nothing would change.

What's not true? My pins are permanent....
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:14:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
There are some people who just DO NOT BELONG in the service...

There were enough ex (for now) drug dealers & street criminals (or at least folks who thought that life was 'cool' enough to lie about having done it) at Ft Eustis for AIT *without* gang tatoos... We even had a guy go visit CID because of his taste in marker-graffiti (they suspected him of being affiliated with the the Latin Kings, The company left a large pad of paper out that alot of the trainees wrote messages & such on - he liked to draw a certain crown-in-a-circle mark, you see)....

Obese is another story.,.. IMHO, if you are 'overfat' (by current standards, you can be overweight but not over-body-fat), they should simply require you to get a higher PT score to be accepted (say, 220 instead of 180)... There are some very 'large' people who can do a whole lot of pushups & situps, but can't pass a tape test....

There is a new Body Fat test in Experimental stage as certain MEPS. It allows for slightly over the *NEW* Bodyfat allowance (recently relaxed BF standards 17-21 agegroup). They perform 30 minutes of aerobic activity ( stair stepping ) to demonstrate that they will not keal over. I have yet to try to bring anyone in for it, I end up with the extremely obese wearing the Tshirt that says "I Love Butter". Some people still think Basic is Fat Camp and they should be able to join.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:17:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
nothing new here at all.

Of course it is new!

The military has never had a policy of rejecting those physically and mentally unfit for combat training!

This is all a result of the military's institutional denial of their inability to win in Iraq.

Again, it is all Bush's fault.

You "conservatives" are really dense sometimes.....

ETA -- Color blindness is probably why I am not an Airforce pilot right now....

That and maybe a fear of heights, flying, and parachutes......
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:22:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I sent them a damn good one I trained myself

GM
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:26:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I do know one guy who has his ass in a sling for fraudulent enlistment - he told the Army he was single, when he was (and is) in fact still married & trying to get a divorce....

Well, THAT is a stupid thing to lie about; til the divorce papers are signed, he is entitled to a little extra jingle in the pocket due to being married.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:33:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Blind in right eye.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:34:55 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I commend anyone with a disability who went on to serve in the military.  However anyone with a gang tat, kiss my ass and go f___ yourself.  Stay out of our country and military service.  We do not need criminals who will fail or turn on our own in a time of crisis.  

Wish I could join you're right on the ball.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top