User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No he won't.  His legal team is working their asses off to get him a deal now...BEFORE the grand jury brings further charges...which have been delivered by the federal prosecutor.  IF he cops quickly, the rumor mill says he'll get a 1-2 stretch in the pen (camp Longest Yard) and a long probation, with permission to continue his NFL career.  IF he fights the charges and loses, which he will, he risks it all:  a long stretch, no more NFL, no nuthin'.

He is pretty dumb...so he may fight it, but his legal firm of Dewey, Cheatham & Howe is trying to change his mind.

No kidding!

If the DA has such good evidence, with more Fed charges pending, why would the prosecutor take such a crappy deal?  One year?  And he gets to play football?  WTF?

Maybe he can feed them some info on other dogfighting rings or gambling.  Not saying that is so, but if he can do that, they will probably make a deal.

Another consideration may be that a deal is less consuming of time and money than a trial would be.  If they can get him to plead without a trial, it's all over and a done deal.  Even with all the hard evidence they have on him, all it would take would be one Vick lover or someone who thinks that torturing and killing animals is okay to hang the jury.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 9:30:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would like the bum to simply go away and never be seen in a football uniform again.

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 10:08:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I bet he gets less prison time than the crooked NBA ref.

Kill dogs & you get a slap on the wrist. Fix games & you do hard time.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 11:48:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I read the indictment this morning.  Vick is a real piece of shit!  He is also a savage rat bastard!  According to the depsitions of his partners, they fought PBs all the time...dozens of them against other crews from all over our area!

When a dog would lose, that dog was cruelly killed by hanging, drowning and torture!
I don't like PBs but that shit is out of control!  Why not just shoot the poor animal for God's sake!

One thing that shocked me is the size of the dog fighting organization, at least in our general area...(Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, North and South Carolina.).  I wonder if somehow this is partially responsible for all of the PB attacks...

WTF is going on here!
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 12:08:35 PM EDT
[#5]

When will Sharpton and Jessie come out and proclaim racism is behind all of this ?
 ( Or did I miss it already ? )
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 12:11:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Sucks to be him.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 1:21:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I read the indictment this morning.  Vick is a real piece of shit!  He is also a savage rat bastard!  According to the depsitions of his partners, they fought PBs all the time...dozens of them against other crews from all over our area!

When a dog would lose, that dog was cruelly killed by hanging, drowning and torture!
I don't like PBs but that shit is out of control!  Why not just shoot the poor animal for God's sake!

One thing that shocked me is the size of the dog fighting organization, at least in our general area...(Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, North and South Carolina.).  I wonder if somehow this is partially responsible for all of the PB attacks...

WTF is going on here!

Wouldn't be suprised if these PB fighting rings are responsible for a rise in PB attacks considering these groups are breeding PB's that are the most aggressive for one goal in mind and it isn't having those PB's as pets.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Wasn't Friday the deadline for him to cop a plea?  He may have just committed the biggest blunder yet unless he made a deal and they just haven't said anything yet.

I would rather he be gone for 20 years anyway.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 1:52:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Wasn't Friday the deadline for him to cop a plea?  He may have just committed the biggest blunder yet unless he made a deal and they just haven't said anything yet.

Today was the day last I heard, IIRC he had till like noon or something like that.   Thats ok, let him slice his own throat, what a dumbass but we already knew that.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 2:09:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Vick will not be playing footbal in the NFL. His dog fighting ring has gambling involved, and a illegal gambling is a instant lifetime ban in the NFL.

I hope his ass gets roasted in court so all the other thugs who pose as football players get the message-don't try that kinda shit-you will pay.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 2:13:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Today was the day last I heard, IIRC he had till like noon or something like that.   Thats ok, let him slice his own throat, what a dumbass but we already knew that.

On the local news, his lawyers said "we won't be rushed". .  They won't be rushed????????????????  They are rushing their client to jail for more than a year.

The Feds are going to add more charges next week and the state of Virginia is getting ready to file their own charges.

Vick and company may have just made the worst decision (or best, depending on your point of view ) of this whole mess.

If they fuck around with the Feds and he winds up with 10+ years in jail, I will not be unhappy about it.

Idiots.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 2:16:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Vick will not be playing footbal in the NFL. His dog fighting ring has gambling involved, and a illegal gambling is a instant lifetime ban in the NFL.

I hope his ass gets roasted in court so all the other thugs who pose as football players get the message-don't try that kinda shit-you will pay.

I was just reading the inclusion of gambling, this probably one of the reasons if he doesn't pop a plea today that the Feds are going after him using the RICO statutes.  Lets see, dog fighting ring spanning over many States, gambling, and let me guess he never included his winnings as income so tax charges could be likely too.

ETA to LarryG's response:

On the local news, his lawyers said "we won't be rushed". . They won't be rushed???????????????? They are rushing their client to jail for more than a year.

Last I checked, Federal Prosecutors set the deadlines for plea deals not defense attorneys, the Prosecutor doesn't have to offer a plea bargain.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top