BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:20:33 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Y'all do realize that Lou Dobbs lists so far to port that he is practically underwater, right??

And the problem with this is ???  Lou doesn't come off as a rabid muck raker like Boortz or Rush neither of who I can tolerate for more than about 30 sec.  Lou's problem is that he tries to cram too much into too short a time so too little gets discussed [ was that TOO much ? ].

rj
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:20:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I never hear about this kind of stuff in the news.

I bet Lou Dobbs will be all over it.

Good Night from GA
rj

ALL over it...man, i love the way he grills congresscritters. he doesn't let them get away with shit and he always has the facts handy.

Y'all do realize that Lou Dobbs lists so far to port that he is practically underwater, right??

you know, you're not the first person that's said that but damned if i've yet to see it on his show! maybe it's cuz he's so focused on the border prob, but he sounds like he oughta be on faux news instead of commie central newspeak!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:23:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yeah, like our military has nothing else to do, other than dressing up like banna republic tin soldiers and fake this whole thing.

Plus, where are they going to get the custom taylored mex army costumes ?  The pants legs would only come down to the knee caps and the blouse sleeves would end at the elbow

rj
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:24:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess we'll have to dump some bodies on the steps of the Mexican Embassy in Washington to prove it was their nationals.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:26:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Vincente Bush won't do shit about it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:27:39 AM EDT
[#6]
US Soldiers take an oath to protect the US from our enemies foreign and domestic and to uphold and defend the constitution. Our US soldiers are deployed all over the world in hotspots in the name of democracy and to help spread "freedom". The main concern for the US right now is stopping terrorism.....Correct?

Yet we see illegal border crossings on a daily basis, mexican gangs are moving into the US: "MS13".www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/opinion/columnists/datelinedc/pittsburghlive.com/tribune-review/opinion/columnists/datelinedc/s_351489.html
Mexican military personnel are known for not being the most honest people in the world. They cross our border with impunity and laugh in our faces because they know we will not retaliate. They continue to walk on us knowing this fact.

How do you suppose this makes our military personnel feel? Here we they are in a foreign land fighting a war against "insurgents" AKA "terrorists", while at home in their OWN land their gov't who sent them to a foreign land to "protect the US from terrorists" sets back and does nothing about the daily "invasions" from a foreign country.

The same goes for our law enforcement personnel. They've been given the task of dealing with "elevated" terror alerts and protecting the streets of the US from bad guys. The border patrol can and does do allot, but at the same time are not allowed to deal with the problems as they could.
The gov't gave the border patrol teeth but then put a muzzle on them. I've read too many articles of how the border patrol was told to essentially "stand down" or respond to a crossing with out biting back. Our border patrol has the capability to seriously bite back. When will the gov't allow them to do it?

The men and women in charge of border security deserve our respect for the situation that they are being put in. It's not their fault for the border problems as their hands are tied. As a matter of fact the problems we are having on our borders are the direct result of; political correctness, money lining a few pockets.

It's time to start blowing some shit at our congress and senate for being the self-serving, money grabbing, camera whores that they are.
If the squeaky wheel gets the grease, then what will 100s of 1000s of letters and phone calls do?

A big double row fence.
Landmines filling the area between the two fences.
Snipers monitoring potential week areas do to geographical layout.
Border residents and landowners with the rights, will and equipment to protect their property without fear of litigation or reprisals from the very gov't who duty it is to protect our borders.
And the proper number of body bags to accommodate those individuals who do not take the warning signs seriously.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:30:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Vincente Bush won't do shit about it.

No joke.

If a man is known by his friends, what does Bush's friendship with Fox tells us about Bush?

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:33:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:37:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:44:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
US Soldiers take an oath to protect the US from our enemys foreign and domestic and to uphold and defend the constitution. Our US soldiers are deployed all over the world in hotspots in the name of democracy and to help spread "freedom". The main concern for the US right now is stopping terrorism.....Correct?

Yet we see illegal border crossings on a daily basis, mexican gangs are moving into the US: "MS13".  MS13 is a Guatamalan based gang
Mexican military personel are known for not being the most honest people in the world. They cross our border with impunity and laugh in our faces because they know we will not retaliate. They continue to walk on us knowing this fact.

How do you suppose this makes our military personnel feel? Here we they are in a foreign land fighting a war against "insurgents" AKA "terrorists", while at home in their OWN land their gov't who sent them to a foreign land to "protect the US from terrorists" sets sitsback and does nothing about the daily "invasions" from a foreign country.

The same goes for our law enforcement personnel. They've been given the task of dealing with "elevated" terror alerts and protecting the streets of the US from bad guys. The border patrol can and does do allot,  a lotbut at the same time are not allowed to deal with the problems as they could.
The gov't gave the border patrol teeth but then put a muzzle on them. I've read too many articles of how the border patrol was told to essentially "stand down" or respond to a crossing with out biting back. Our border patrol has the capability to seriously bite back. When will the gov't allow them to do it?

The men and women in charge of border security deserve our respect for the situation that they are being put in. It's not their fault for the border problems as their hands are tied. As a matter of fact the problems we are having on our borders are the direct result of; political correctness, money lining a few pockets.

It's time to start blowing some shit at our congress and senate for being the self-serving, money grabbing, camera whores that they are.
If the squeaky wheel get the grease, then what will 100s of 1000s of letters and phone calls do?

A big double row fence.
Landmines filling the area between the two.
Snipers monitoring potential week weak areas do due to geographical layout.
Border residents and landowners with the rights, will and equipment to protect their property without fear of litigation or reprisals from the very gov't whose duty it is to protect our borders.
And the proper number of body bags to accomodate those individuals who do not take the warning signs seriously.

Fixed some things for you.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:04:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I never hear about this kind of stuff in the news.

I bet Lou Dobbs will be all over it.

Good Night from GA
rj

ALL over it...man, i love the way he grills congresscritters. he doesn't let them get away with shit and he always has the facts handy.

you know, you're not the first person that's said that but damned if i've yet to see it on his show! maybe it's cuz he's so focused on the border prob, but he sounds like he oughta be on faux news instead of commie central newspeak!

I believe what the Duke up there is talking about would be Lou's psuedo-populist beliefs about the middle class.  While he does have some issues with outsourcing, I don't find him to list all that far to port (that's leans to the left for all you land lubbers).  He ties capitalism to patriotism, which I don't think is such a bad thing.  We can let the Peoples Republic conquer us militarily, economically or politically.  I don't see any difference in the end result.    JMHO.

CO

Edit: Cause I said something unseemly, so early in the morning.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:10:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
if we had troops on the border and gunship in thee air it wouldn't be an issue.

we could ID the bodies and be SURE.

+1

How can we gripe about the boarders in the sandbox (Pakistan and Syria) when ours here at home are looser than a 2 dollar ...
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:12:16 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

You should hear him talk on other shows.

He is so liberal it makes my hair hurt.

I.e. "Bush is the most divisive person in the history of this country" "Bush doesn't care about the divisions he is causing in America"

I heard him make those statements on Imus.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:59:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
[How can we gripe about the boarders in the sandbox (Pakistan and Syria) when ours here at home are looser than a 2 dollar ...

That's a DAMN good corolary. So good it makes me want to cry

rj
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:04:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should hear him talk on other shows.

He is so liberal it makes my hair hurt.

I.e. "Bush is the most divisive person in the history of this country" "Bush doesn't care about the divisions he is causing in America"

I heard him make those statements on Imus.

I'm not really sure you can argue with that statement.  Half the country hates GW, the other half loves him.  That's the very definition of a devisive politician.

CO
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:19:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
[I'm not really sure you can argue with that statement.  Half the country hates GW, the other half loves him.  That's the very definition of a devisive politician.

CO

The same could be said about most presidents since JFK was shot.  

rj
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:27:28 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
"Bush is the most divisive person in the history of this country" "Bush doesn't care about the divisions he is causing in America"

heh, is that such a bad thing? you have the RIGHT side and the WRONG side. anyone who disagrees with us is WRONG! just kidding. but i have heard that bush will do what he thinks is right and stick with it regardless of who it pisses off.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:55:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Imagine that. Rampant corruption in Latin America, even involving government officials, the military, and everything. You would never expect this when the biggest source of income for several countries is  . . . . . . what?

Anyone who is surprised can pick up their dunce cap from the driver of the short bus.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:57:13 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Imagine that. Rampant corruption in Latin America, even involving government officials, the military, and everything. You would never expect this when the biggest source of income for several countries is  . . . . . . what?

Anyone who is surprised can pick up their dunce cap from the driver of the short bus.

wolfman,

Always ready to "toke" one for the team.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:41:08 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I'm not really sure you can argue with that statement.  Half the country hates GW, the other half loves him.  That's the very definition of a devisive politician.

CO

The statement was made in the tone that indicated that Bush was personally responsible for the divisions in the country. As if we were all happy and united until this Bush guy showed up.

Dobb's hatred for the President was so obvious that one could almost SEE the hatred.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:21:01 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
the women are hot until they have kids or turn 30.

NO MEXICAN WOMAN reaches the age of 30 with no kids.  Most of em stop at the maternity ward once the high school graduation ceremony is over.

+1
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:16:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
US Soldiers take an oath to protect the US from our enemys foreign and domestic and to uphold and defend the constitution. Our US soldiers are deployed all over the world in hotspots in the name of democracy and to help spread "freedom". The main concern for the US right now is stopping terrorism.....Correct?

Yet we see illegal border crossings on a daily basis, mexican gangs are moving into the US: "MS13"  MS13 is a Guatamalan based gangis a gang based out of El Salvadorthat used Mexico as a way to migrate to the USA. www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/opinion/columnists/datelinedc/pittsburghlive.com/tribune-review/opinion/columnists/datelinedc/s_351489.html
Mexican military personel are known for not being the most honest people in the world. They cross our border with impunity and laugh in our faces because they know we will not retaliate. They continue to walk on us knowing this fact.

How do you suppose this makes our military personnel feel? Here we they are in a foreign land fighting a war against "insurgents" AKA "terrorists", while at home in their OWN land their gov't who sent them to a foreign land to "protect the US from terrorists" sets sitsback and does nothing about the daily "invasions" from a foreign country.

The same goes for our law enforcement personnel. They've been given the task of dealing with "elevated" terror alerts and protecting the streets of the US from bad guys. The border patrol can and does do allot,  a lotbut at the same time are not allowed to deal with the problems as they could.

If the squeaky wheel get the grease, then what will 100s of 1000s of letters and phone calls do?

A big double row fence.
Border residents and landowners with the rights, will and equipment to protect their property without fear of litigation or reprisals from the very gov't whose duty it is to protect our borders.
And the proper number of body bags to accomodate those individuals who do not take the warning signs seriously.

Changes have been noted. Spellcheck should be my friend.

Despite the spelling errors, did I make my point?
Or was this just a spelling test?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:20:31 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yet we see illegal border crossings on a daily basis, mexican gangs are moving into the US: "MS13".  MS13 is a Guatamalan based gang

A big double row fence.

You made SEVERAL good points

(the spell nazis are just ONE of this sites attractions)
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:28:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Where's Jorge??
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:31:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A big double row fence.

Thank you.
I edited a second time with updated info about the MS13 part.
Hit the link and you will understand my mistake about their origins.
Mexico was just one of the routes they used to infiltrate the US.
They are bad juju.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Fucking border jumping asshole pig fucking cocksuckers!

Landmines. Lots of them.

my sentiments exactly.  I'm just about to the point where I wanna start going postal on people.

living in Mexinnessee, most days I get the feeling I'M THE IMMIGRANT.  I swear to fucking god this is getting ridiculous.  

this state is a giant fucking illegal magnet, what with the free TennCare, which has been bankrupted by the idiocy of providing anyone in the state with a heartbeat free healthcare, regardless of whether or not they are actually US citizens.

they busted a big bribery ring at a local DMV where illegals were basically buying "drivers certificates"  ( that's a whole seperate rant.  here's a "driving certificate"  because we know you are illegal and don't have any papers, but we don't wanna actually go through the process of removing your illegal ass from our state)    and some dumbass "hispanic chamber of commerce" or somesuch nonsense, asshole is on the TV complaining about   "see, this is how immigrants get taken advantage of"  being forced to bribe to get licenses.  

HELLO MF'ER, THEY ARE HERE ILLEGALLY!!!!!  how bout you address that??????

fuck, in case ya couldn't tell, my BP is a little elevated.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:41:15 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank you.
I edited a second time with updated info about the MS13 part.
Hit the link and you will understand my mistake about their origins.
Mexico was just one of the routes they used to infiltrate the US.
They are bad juju.

Yeah, I know about them...........they are only here to do the jobs Americans won't
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:53:04 PM EDT
[#28]

Mexico's top diplomat suggested Thursday that American soldiers disguised as Mexican troops may have been in the military-style Humvee filmed earlier this week protecting a marijuana shipment on the border.

Foreign Secretary Luis Ernesto Derbez also told a news conference that U.S. soldiers had helped drug smugglers before.

Mexico insisted Wednesday that the men in military-style uniforms were drug smugglers, not soldiers. In Mexico, kidnappers and drug smugglers regularly wear police gear, which is sold at street stands.

Derbez said Thursday that the men photographed by Texas law enforcement could have been Americans.

"Members of the U.S. Army have helped protect people who were processing and transporting drugs," Derbez said. "And just as that has happened ... it is very probable that something like that could have happened, that in reality they were members of some of their groups disguised as Mexican soldiers with Humvees."

Derbez said there was no proof that the men seen in the incident were Mexicans.

Derbez also said his country will send a diplomatic note to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice demanding that U.S. officials tone down their comments on Mexico's security and immigration problems.

Then I guess they would have no problem if we opened up on them since they are not the fine, upstanding citizens/military of Mexico.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:10:39 PM EDT
[#29]
ANOTHER update

Sheriff: Mex military guns and Humvee used in border standoff
www.team4news.com/Global/story.asp?S=4422299&nav=0w0v
EL PASO, Texas A sheriff says those involved in an armed confrontation with Texas law officers were using a Mexican military-issue Humvee and weapons.

Hudspeth County Sheriff Arvin West today was asked to elaborate about Monday's armed confrontation between suspected drug runners and Texas officers.

West says the determination that the equipment was indeed military-issue came from the federal government.

He declined further comment, due to pending congressional hearings.

The Mexican government has denied any official involvement in the standoff that occurred at Neely's Crossing, about 50 miles east of El Paso.

Border Patrol Chief David Aguilar, who was in El Paso today, also could not rule out Mexican soldiers' involvement in the standoff.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:23:33 AM EDT
[#30]
How about next time they "wing" one and capure him for questioning. Then videotape it and run it on all the internet sites. Hell, send a copy to all the news agencies, I am sure FOX would run it. The only downside would be that whoever did it would proably get sued/arrested for shooting a boder-jumper out of season.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:57:15 PM EDT
[#31]
MORE

Border incident raising tensions in U.S., Mexico
KansasCity.com
HUGH DELLIOS AND MICHAEL MARTINEZ
Chicago Tribune
1-26-06
www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/world/13720561.htm
MEXICO CITY - A confrontation between sheriff's deputies and uniformed drug traffickers along the Texas border has intensified concerns about forays into the United States by Mexican soldiers while heightening bilateral tensions over border violence.
U.S. officials are demanding that Mexico fully investigate an incident Monday in which several men wearing military-style uniforms and carrying military-style weapons helped suspected marijuana traffickers escape into Mexico.
Mexican officials deny that real Mexican soldiers were involved. But the incident has refocused attention on reports that Mexican military and police personnel have crossed onto U.S. territory at least 216 times in the past 10 years, along with concerns about how drug dealers may be obtaining Mexican army uniforms.
"It was no doubt that it was Mexican military, because I've seen them and I've dealt with them all my life down here," said Arvin West, sheriff of Texas' Hudspeth County, whose officers filmed Monday's incident using cameras he bought to back up his allegations.
West said his deputies have caught Mexican soldiers crossing the border "to buy Snickers (candy bars)." But he said Monday's clash was among the more serious incidents, in which soldiers helping drug smugglers "are sitting there waiting with their machine guns to make sure (the drugs) get back OK."
The U.S. ambassador to Mexico, Antonio Garza, sent a diplomatic protest to the Mexican government Wednesday, demanding an explanation and questioning Mexico's commitment to combating violence along the border.
Local authorities in Texas and U.S. Border Patrol officials have been even more strident in their criticism, saying the incursions by Mexican soldiers are common and worrisome. They also have condemned federal officials for not taking the matter seriously enough.
In turn, Mexican officials have questioned the motives and timing behind the U.S. complaints. Some believe the incursion reports are being overblown by proponents of a bill in the U.S. Congress to build more border fences to keep out Mexican laborers. The U.S. Senate is scheduled to debate the measure as early as next month.
Michael Chertoff, U.S. Homeland Security secretary, also characterized the reports as "overblown" and "scare tactics" last week. He said a number of incursions were "innocent" mistakes by Mexican soldiers who did not know they crossed the border, which is barely marked in more remote places.
While Mexico's Defense Ministry is investigating Monday's incident, a spokesman for President Vicente Fox asserted that the suspected soldiers were actually traffickers wearing fake uniforms. Foreign Ministry officials said the traffickers' equipment did not match that of local army units.
Mexican Foreign Minister Luis Ernesto Derbez sent his own diplomatic complaint to Washington on Thursday, rejecting the U.S. ambassador's questioning of Mexico's anti-drug efforts. At a news conference, he suggested that the uniformed smugglers could have been Americans.
Yet for some Mexican analysts, the fact that drug traffickers can operate along the border in Mexican army uniforms, even if fake, raises disturbing questions by itself.
"This is very serious, whether they were military or not, because someone should have detected them," said Jorge Chabat, an expert in border security issues and U.S.-Mexico relations.
Chabat and others noted that the military has been Mexico's primary instrument in combating drug trafficking and that the army has made most of the high-profile arrests of drug kingpins in recent years.
The army is seen as less corrupt and less corruptible than Mexico's civilian law enforcement agencies. But the army's role in the drug war inevitably has made it more vulnerable to being corrupted, and there have been several cases of soldiers being arrested for colluding with drug runners.
Monday's border incident began when Texas authorities tried to stop three SUVs on an interstate highway near El Paso. The vehicles fled toward the border, where people in Mexican army-style uniforms with army-style weapons in an army-style Humvee appeared to be waiting for them on the other side of the Rio Grande.
The state officers and sheriff's deputies had their guns drawn, as did the smugglers, but no shots were fired. More than 1,400 pounds of marijuana was found in one of the vehicles, which blew a tire and was abandoned on the Texas side, while the armed, uniformed men flanked a second vehicle stuck in the river while it was unloaded.
West, the county sheriff, said such incursions occur several times a month, and that he and others have been trying to get federal officials to focus on the problem.
"I'm sick and tired of the federal government calling us liars," said West, a Democrat re-elected last year. "Just about every time we catch a big load (of marijuana), every time we chase them back, (Mexican soldiers) are there.

"They're sitting there with Humvees and state-of-the-art military equipment. We're sitting there with (patrol cars). We're sitting there with limited high-powered rifles and sidearms versus machine guns," West said.
West said at other times his deputies have encountered Mexican soldiers who have crossed into Texas to eat at restaurants, although they usually have left their weapons behind.
Proponents of tighter border measures in the United States have been complaining for several years about Mexican army and police incursions. Only a few of the incidents have resulted in confrontations, but officials say they take the incursions seriously.
The number of incursions peaked at 40 in 2002, according to a U.S. Homeland Security report distributed to news organizations by U.S. Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo., who is lobbying for more controls on illegal immigration. Since then the number has dropped sharply; nine incidents were reported last year.
Five more incursions took place in the first quarter of this fiscal year, the Los Angeles Times reported Thursday. Citing confidential Homeland Security records, the newspaper said the incidents have included five Tijuana police officers pursuing and shooting at two suspects over the border in 2004 and two men in Mexican army uniforms and carrying rifles in a creek bed north of the border near San Diego in October.
T.J. Bonner, president of the National Border Patrol Council, a union that represents 10,500 border agents, responded angrily to federal officials' downplaying of the incidents.
He noted one case in 2002 when a Border Patrol agent reported a Mexican military vehicle inside Arizona. To avoid a problem, the agent tried to drive away but said the Mexican soldiers fired at him, shattering his back window.
In another case in 2000, Border Patrol agents confronted two Mexican army Humvees a mile inside New Mexico. One of the vehicles stopped, but the soldiers in the other fled and fired two shots at the border agents.
Mexican officials said later that the army units had been lost. In other cases, Mexican soldiers said they believed the U.S. agents were actually in Mexican territory, although Bonner still questioned why they would open fire.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:12:11 AM EDT
[#32]

Michael Chertoff, U.S. Homeland Security secretary, also characterized the reports as "overblown" and "scare tactics" last week. He said a number of incursions were "innocent" mistakes by Mexican soldiers who did not know they crossed the border, which is barely marked in more remote places.

WTF????

So much for Homeland Security.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:31:11 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

WTF????

So much for Homeland Security.

I guess you didn't get the memo, its now homeland INsecurity
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top