Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:18:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Stone Cold Crazy was pretty good live, BTW.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:36:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Hell yeah! I am glad they still put on a good show! I thought about going but I am just not that big on concerts anymore. The last one I seen was the Black Album in 92'ish I think.  I have been able to find something I really liked in every album they put out.  Screw all the crybaby whiners. These guys are the best band of all time!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:38:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Metallica is the best.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:37:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Saw them in Cinci on the 15th. Great show and great set list. They played until well after 11pm. The last time I saw them was back on the tour for the Black album, when I was in high school. I thought the Black album was the last good album, but Death Magnetic isn't bad. I actually like it.

We had great seats, I think I paid $70 each. Actually got them on sale thru a friend whose employer gets the tix before they go onsale and you dont pay all those extra Ticketmaster fees.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:46:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Going to see them in Cleveland 10/15.  Can't wait!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:12:30 PM EDT
[#6]
No Fade to Black?

No Orion?

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's the ratio of old good stuff to new crap that they play live now?

they played a lot of stuff from death magnetic, but i was glad to hear it.

in no particular order they played,

ride the lightning

where ever i may roam

sad but true

enter sandman

nothing else matters

last caress

motorbreath

seek and destroy (last song, james ran around with a mic letting the crowd sing)

master of puppets

sanitarium

disposable heroes

damage inc

one

and a lot of death magnetic songs

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

tickets were around $85.

Great googly moogly!  Does the band share their groupies for that?

I must be old.  I remember paying $20-30 for a concert.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw them a couple of times, on the ...And Justice for All tour.  First time was in Knoxville, and Queensryche opened (they were doing their Operation: Mindcrime tour).  Second viewing was in KY, and had The Cult opening.  All this, of course, kicked ass.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:14:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No Fade to Black?

No Orion?

Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the ratio of old good stuff to new crap that they play live now?

they played a lot of stuff from death magnetic, but i was glad to hear it.

in no particular order they played,

ride the lightning
where ever i may roam
sad but true
enter sandman
nothing else matters
last caress
motorbreath
seek and destroy (last song, james ran around with a mic letting the crowd sing)
master of puppets
sanitarium
disposable heroes
damage inc
one
and a lot of death magnetic songs

nope

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:20:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, there was a lot of Death Magnetic (that is the point of the tour).  Of course, they played One, Unforgiven, Enter Sandman, Nothing Else Matters, Stone Cold Crazy, For Whom the Bell Tolls, and Seek and Destroy.  There was other stuff, but I can't remember the list that well.  There was nothing from St. Anger.  

It was a long show––almost 2.5 hrs.  They started around 9:15.  The other bands had started around 7.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:25:13 AM EDT
[#11]

dt

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:25:14 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll give them credit where its due. For whatever reason , they are still able to pack a stadium.

My opinion, (hey, everyone has one) , they should have retired after AJFA , or maybe the Black Album.

They should have retired after And Justice for All.

I wont argue with that. The Black Album was definately the turning point; and everything afterwards, for me, just wasnt the same.

In all fairness, the face of rock music changed quite a bit in the 4 or 5 year gap between The Black Album and Load.  Music changed, and so did our tastes.  I didn't think Load what THAT bad.  I thought the album with St. Anger and what not was pretty crappy though.   Terrible sound quality, and the songs just seemed to drag on entirely too long.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:27:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait did you really just say Death Magnetic was good? What the fuck?

Metallica hasn't been good for a long, long time.

this - i use to love their shit back in college, after the whole napster thing they bitched about, the music went down hill.

Yeah.  I thought artists were supposed to be above "evil capitalism" and all about making pictures/music or whatever to make people happy.  Yeah, we always knew they were hypocrites who only cared about the almighty dollar (How much money did Rage Against the Machine make?), but Lars just blew the doors off any illusions about art vs. capitalism.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:33:47 AM EDT
[#14]
I had friends go to the Cincy and Indy concert.    I really wish I would have went but I guess they'll tour again.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top