BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:25:30 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Well, if it helps any, I think you're a tad bit too scrawny now.  So there.  

The perfect weight for an average-height (5'4"-5'6") woman is 150.  

Cool...I got some eating to do...Perse...come on over...I have bacon, eggs, french toast....chocolate, chocolate. chocolate....

Quoted:She's sending me her weight.

If ONLY UPS could take care of it that easily....<<sigh>>
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:44:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:58:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The most important thing is how you feel about yourself. Congratulations on the weight loss!

I almost hate to say this but................................use sex as a weapon.

Wow, how long has it been since you had your man card?

TXL
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:32:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:53:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The most important thing is how you feel about yourself. Congratulations on the weight loss!

I almost hate to say this but................................use sex as a weapon.

TXL

He still has one -- its in mother's purse!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:54:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, if it helps any, I think you're a tad bit too scrawny now.  So there.  

The perfect weight for an average-height (5'4"-5'6") woman is 150.  

Cool...I got some eating to do...Perse...come on over...I have bacon, eggs, french toast....chocolate, chocolate. chocolate....

Mmmmmmmmmm . . . voluptuous.  <sigh>

*"voluptuous" is one of the few words that is a pleasure/delight just to SAY.  

I love you Beekeep....in a totally internet safe way.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:08:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TXL

That was just plain mean...
funny as hell...But MEAN!!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:48:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:53:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TXL

Oooooooh delightfully wicked!

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:35:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Let's not turn this into a battle of the sexes, please.  

Just for reference, were you wrinkling your eyebrows when you typed that?

Maybe. <hands on hips>

Quoted:

Personally...I love my husband...I TOLERATE his mother...
And we think you're cute when you're stupid, anyway

No we don't, she's lying.

I have a line there....but it was too....too....
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:15:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And now we'll never know...
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:24:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

JUST SAY IT!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:32:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:53:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

JUST SAY IT!

I got a nice crisp $20 that says Giggle is on a plane to Uzbeccastan in order to avoid this inquiry!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:47:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Agree that most of us say something incredibly insensitive... ever so often.  But this is in the "Ya better be joking" catagory.  You can always go in for the figurative kill and ruin his life for a day or several years or... you can be more cheeky...  If he has one, give him a playful squeeze on his spare tire ever so often.  Or if he's a bit scrawny, just admire those wonderfully husky fellows in front of him a couple of times.  All the same, it's a shame he can't be more positive.  140 is a pretty good weight for just about any woman over 30 yrs old, if she isn't extremely petite.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:31:58 AM EDT
[#16]

Men, pffffffffffbttttt  

I resemble that remark.  

BTW, Great job.    

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:45:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Erm, I know I'm a bite late for this one, but GREAT JOB!  Losing weight sucks and it's a tough battle.  Way to kick ass, Perseph.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:14:53 AM EDT
[#18]
You are nicer than I was.  Years ago when my EX-husband, who was about 40-50 lbs. overweight to my 5 lbs. overweight, complained that I had gained some weight, I told him to go check out the mirror and then come back and talk to me.   Of course, this was typical of him, hypercritical about everything I did, but given to excuses for everything he didn't do well.

Congratulations on the weight loss, that takes a lot of hard work!

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:52:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Congrats on the weight loss!!!

Ignore his comments. How you feel about yourself is all that really matters. It sucks that he has what I would call "no cooth" as 25 lbs is something to be extremely proud of. Some people have issues seeing the beauty of what's between point A and point B.

"The Firm" DVDs are great for toning up if you need to get through a plateau. Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:16:05 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Men, pffffffffffbttttt  

I resemble that remark.  

BTW, Great job.  

Try this one:

I almost posted that earlier.  Now somebody owes somebody else a $20.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:45:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Congratulations!  I lost some weight this year too and the BF said "10 more lbs." to me as well.  Only you know for sure whether he is kidding or downright serious.  You know him better than we do.

Go with your gut (no pun intended) and don't forget the mirror -- it always tells the truth unfortunately.  If you feel like losing more by all means do so.  However, it should be up to you.

Toning exercises can make you look even thinner by adding some muscle and burning a little more surface fat.  Joyce Vedral has great books for beginners for around $13 on Amazon.  Once you start working out with weights, you'll never go back to simple cardio alone.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:01:10 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Has anyones wife ever looked at them and said" Honey, I have almost left before, but I decided not to leave because I love your mother so much."  Yeah, I called mom and thanked her. Yes, we men all have done something incredibly stupid in our relationships at least once or ten times.

Puppies are cute too, and much less maintenance than a man
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Well, this thread brings me to this question:  When a woman asks you if she looks fat in something, or if you think she's fat, what's the correct answer?  

If you tell the truth, she's going to be devistated, no matter if she knows she is or not.
If you lie, she's never going to believe you when you tell her she looks good/or is going to be annoyed when everything looks good on her, even it it doesn't (because she wants an honest answer).
You could get stuck going out with a woman that looks great in one thing, but horrid in another (wearing the horrid clothes because you were scared to answer.

What's the correct answer?  I always just repeat the same thing until she puts something on because it gets annoying watching her model every single shirt she owns looking for the one she wants to wear, then her asking me, but not really paying attention to what I say.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:05:20 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Well, this thread brings me to this question:  When a woman asks you if she looks fat in something, or if you think she's fat, what's the correct answer?  

If you tell the truth, she's going to be devistated, no matter if she knows she is or not.
If you lie, she's never going to believe you when you tell her she looks good/or is going to be annoyed when everything looks good on her, even it it doesn't (because she wants an honest answer).
You could get stuck going out with a woman that looks great in one thing, but horrid in another (wearing the horrid clothes because you were scared to answer.

What's the correct answer?  I always just repeat the same thing until she puts something on because it gets annoying watching her model every single shirt she owns looking for the one she wants to wear, then her asking me, but not really paying attention to what I say.

If she's dumb enuf to ask......

Seriously, that shit pisses me off. I NEVER ask if I look fat. I declare it when I have an item that does not look flattering one me. Mr. Playmore has heard this on more than one occasion:

"Hun, I look like Star Jones in this, I'll need the fireplace to burn it and another 20 minutes to find something that makes me look lithe and willowy...hmmmm make that 40 minutes"

Seriously, if she's asking, she KNOWS she looks fat.
All you can do is book passage on a transatlantic freight ship and hope the kitchen help does not find you attractive while she stays home and does Jenny Craig.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:29:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:49:05 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If she's dumb enuf to ask......

Seriously, that shit pisses me off. I NEVER ask if I look fat. I declare it when I have an item that does not look flattering one me. Mr. Playmore has heard this on more than one occasion:

"Hun, I look like Star Jones in this, I'll need the fireplace to burn it and another 20 minutes to find something that makes me look lithe and willowy...hmmmm make that 40 minutes"

Seriously, if she's asking, she KNOWS she looks fat.
All you can do is book passage on a transatlantic freight ship and hope the kitchen help does not find you attractive while she stays home and does Jenny Craig.

Is that one of those break glass in case of emergency things???

I've always found a good pair of earplugs and a blank stare to work the best

IMHO support either way is the best option, honesty w/a posotive remark helps take some of the bite out of it.
I personally, DO NOT LIKE TWIGS.  The whole gunnysack filled with deer antlers has never been a turn on for me.

MOST men DON'T like twigs...but women tend to think they do when all the images of "HAWT" women are also very THIN women.

Truth is, I'm average...but SOME clothing cuts are not as flattering as others on me.
I'm willing to bet EVERY woman on this board has an outfit(s) she likes simply because it makes her look good and thereby FEEL good.

I never ask hubby how I look unless it's a new outfit and it's more "daring" than I usually wear...he usually tells me the minute I get dressed if he likes/dislike...but I gotta admit, he's good:

"Hun, why don't you wear that strappy thing you wore to Lori's wedding? You look hot in that " or "oooooh...that looks good...it'll look better on the floor, later."

Maybe that's a tack fla 556 and other men (Perse's Hubby) should try.

Don't get me wrong...he says crappy things too. His latest was, "You look like your mom..."

I dunno which is worse. The fat thing or the mom thing.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:25:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
But would you do it when you're 100+ lbs over weight?

Anyway, this site says, I'm OK.: www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm

According to them, 5'7" with big German bones should be 143 - 163.  Even medium frame for my height is 133 - 147.

I think he just wants me to look like a barbie doll, and hon, after 2 kids it ain't never gonna happen.  

I checked this chart and have determined that I need to be 6'4" and large framed!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:17:04 AM EDT
[#28]
YMMV -- most men don't like twigs but then lots of men DO like twigs.  I think that should be part of "getting to know you" questionnaire!  I've dated men that thought I was too thin when another said, "just right", and the latest said, "lose a little more".  

It's all about the weight YOU think you look good at and what works for your body type.  We're all so very different.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:47:58 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I've lost some weight.  (25 lbs)  My goal was to get to 140 then see if I wanted to try to go to 130 again.  So yesterday I told my husband "Hey, I got on the scale this morning and it said 141...woo hoo me!"  He knows my plans and do I get a "congratulations" or a "good job"? no... he says "I think you should lose 10 more lbs."  

Men, don't ya just love 'em?  

Well, I see where you husband is coming from.
You see the part in red?
He is just pushing you - making sure you don't rest on your laurels.
While he could have said it more tactfully, appreciate the fact that he is being honest with you.
Personally - I would recommend focusing on the toning up (as you mentioned) more so than the losing weight.
Muscle might weigh more than fat, but it looks better!

Congrats on getting yourself back into shape - I really feel for women on the effect having babies has on their physiques.
Not really quite fair, is it?

ETA: did not see that he was overweight.
that's a dick move.
if he was in shape, he could talk, but if not....
Sounds like it is time for him to join you on your quest.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:35:35 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've lost some weight.  (25 lbs)  My goal was to get to 140 then see if I wanted to try to go to 130 again.  So yesterday I told my husband "Hey, I got on the scale this morning and it said 141...woo hoo me!"  He knows my plans and do I get a "congratulations" or a "good job"? no... he says "I think you should lose 10 more lbs."  

Well, I see where you husband is coming from.
You see the part in red?
He is just pushing you - making sure you don't rest on your laurels.
While he could have said it more tactfully, appreciate the fact that he is being honest with you.
Personally - I would recommend focusing on the toning up (as you mentioned) more so than the losing weight.
Muscle might weigh more than fat, but it looks better!

Congrats on getting yourself back into shape - I really feel for women on the effect having babies has on their physiques.
Not really quite fair, is it?

ETA: did not see that he was overweight.
that's a dick move.
if he was in shape, he could talk, but if not....
Sounds like it is time for him to join you on your quest.

That is SO true.  If he's not looking as hot as he used to then perhaps you could convince to join you in your getting in shape adventure?  I agree that he might be pushing to go the whole way.  If you used to weigh 130 (and he sees how well you've done), he just might be trying to give you some encouragement.  A little encouragement never hurts.  Maybe it just came out the wrong way?  Men aren't good when it comes to expressing themselves....

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:15:54 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Similar story;

I went to a friend's house, and Mrs. friend had a new hairdo. I said "Hey, your hair looks great!"  She turned to hubby and says "See! All you said was I can't believe you sat in a chair for an hour just for that!"
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top