Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Situational awareness, get some.

+1

I don't think I would have taken my eye off that guy for one second.

yep

Oh brother, it never fails, everybody here is a freaking ninja. No way an ARFCOMer could ever get sucker punched because they are trained to the razors edge. They would have had 3 shots off from a musket before the guy could have even lifted his hand.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:06:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Condition Whitey.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

yep

Oh brother, it never fails, everybody here is a freaking ninja. No way and ARFCOMer could ever get sucker punched because they are trained to the razors edge. They would have had 3 shots off from a musket before the guy could have even lifted his hand.
+1 Everyone here is ready at the moments notice, with their spidy-sense tingling when something bad is about to happen.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:13:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thank you soo much for pissing me off for the rest of the day..............
That was Fucking Bullshit........ I say start rounding up gang members throughout
the Country and eliminate them once and for all. Why haven't people started
taking matters into their own hands in beyond me.  Round up these scumbags
no matter what age or color they are, and put them out of their misery like the
Nazis did with Jews during WWII ( Granted that was a horrible thing, and it should
never happen again, but I think in this case it would be justified)  Am I wrong for thinking like this?

A better analogy would be to give them the same treatment that some WWII vets gave any captured/surrendering German who had the misfortune of wearing an SS uniform or was found to have been a member.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:14:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

yep

Oh brother, it never fails, everybody here is a freaking ninja. No way and ARFCOMer could ever get sucker punched because they are trained to the razors edge. They would have had 3 shots off from a musket before the guy could have even lifted his hand.

If being a "Ninja" means keeping your wits about you when an apparent thug is loitering within arms distance, then yeah, put me down for full blown Ninja status.

Do I need to get one of those all black outfits and a sword, though?

ETA: And another thing ....... I think there is a huge difference between simply paying attention to your surroundings and being a "freaking ninja".

Just facing the thug may have avoided the attack. The guy probably got punched simply because the thug saw that was wasn't paying any attention to him at all.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:17:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Condition Whitey.

I see what you did there.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:19:24 PM EDT
[#7]
OST
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:25:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

yep

If being a "Ninja" means keeping your wits about you when an apparent thug is loitering within arms distance, then yeah, put me down for full blown Ninja status.

Do I need to get one of those all black outfits and a sword, though?

Yeah, ok. So you are in line at McD, you just sit there and stare at him the whole time?

Bullshit, you wouldn't look at him just because you'd be afraid he's going to ask you what you are looking at and call u a racist. What exactly would you have done differently? And do you do this every time you see a black male?  How do manage to make it through checkout at Walmart?  This is just typical ARFCOM tacticool gloating by freaking Rambo wannabes. Situational awareness is key! I would have gone CONDITION ORANGE, then bladed him at 45 degrees and managed to disengage,etc. etc... STFU already...
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:27:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thank you soo much for pissing me off for the rest of the day..............
That was Fucking Bullshit........ I say start rounding up gang members throughout
the Country and eliminate them once and for all. Why haven't people started
taking matters into their own hands in beyond me.  Round up these scumbags
no matter what age or color they are, and put them out of their misery like the
Nazis did with Jews during WWII ( Granted that was a horrible thing, and it should
never happen again, but I think in this case it would be justified)  Am I wrong for thinking like this?

I don't know about exterminating, but I think some fire teams should target known gang houses and well you know FUCK THEM ALL UP!!!  Hit is like a freakin freight train!!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:27:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Shocked I am.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:33:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
.. STFU already...

You seem a little wound up, man.

So I'm going to risk getting blindsided because I'm worried that the thug will get mad at me?

All I said was that I would keep an eye on a thug that is loitering within arms distance.

You go ahead and do what the older gentleman in the video did.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:34:01 PM EDT
[#12]
The CoC is preventing me from commenting further.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:35:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
How do you react to a situation like if you were carrying.

Hit the concrete just like he did.

I'm betting he's a little more aware of his surroundings from then on. Anytime I have someone looking like the assailant in the room, my radar is at least turned on.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
.. STFU already...

So I'm going to risk getting blindsided because I'm worried that the thug will get mad at me?

All I said was that I would keep an eye on a thug that is loitering within arms distance.

Good luck.

Sorry about the STFU, that sounds worse than I meant it.

What I'm saying is despite what people say on the net, nobody here would have just sat there and stared at the guy the whole time. The second you look up at the menu or the worker, he would have sucker punched you and despite the cat like reflexes of the ninjas here, they would have been clocked.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:43:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
.. STFU already...

Good luck.

What I'm saying is despite what people say on the net, nobody here would have just sat there and stared at the guy the whole time. The second you look up at the menu or the worker, he would have sucker punched you and despite the cat like reflexes of the ninjas here, they would have been clocked.

You can easily stare past someone, I wouldn't have let him leave my vision I've lived too much of my life near or in southern urban areas.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:43:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Hmm..  It looks likes he waited for the employee to grab the old guys attention before he swung.  So I think he had done it before or had been taught to wait for just the right moment.

In other words, even if you are aware and someone asks a question at that moment you are not watching and BOOM.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:49:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
.. STFU already...

Good luck.

No trouble.

I freely admit there is no way to prevent an attack all the time.

My only point (and yes it's through the crystal clear lens of watching a video after the fact) was that the thug was too close, and an alarm should have gone off with that victim.

And if my comments sound like I'm saying I would "stare at the guy the whole time", I apologize for being a bit misleading. My initial comment of "I don't think I would have
taken my eye off that guy for a second" was exagerated to make a point.

I do think that it would be possible to spot a potential threat here, and, without staring at the guy, maintain awareness that would at least have allowed you to avoid a debilitating sucker punch.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:49:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
.. STFU already...

Good luck.

You can easily stare past someone, I wouldn't have let him leave my vision I've lived too much of my life near or in southern urban areas.

Sure you can, but would you have done it here? Staring at your 2 o'clock is as obvious as staring straight at him while in line here. You are sayin you never would have looked to your 12 here for a second, or looked down to your wallet, etc...? Sorry, if that's what you do every time there's a black person nearby, I don't see how you can function in society. As usual, it's easy to say what you would have done after watching this video, but I don't think it reflects what people would have actually done.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:55:17 PM EDT
[#19]
TFH
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:02:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

The same way that guy did except now that crackhead would have a free gun.  He never saw it coming b/c he was looking at the menu and that guy was at least 4-5 feet from him.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:05:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Draw and fire = bad shoot.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:06:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

yep

Oh brother, it never fails, everybody here is a freaking ninja. No way an ARFCOMer could ever get sucker punched because they are trained to the razors edge. They would have had 3 shots off from a musket before the guy could have even lifted his hand.

How the hell does it have anything to do with being a Ninja, punk. You can see how the guy was acting all suspicious, I actually look at what is around me.

Do you look at the ground all day long? I always make eye contact with anyone around me, it is just polite.

Oh brother, you're goddamn right

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:06:28 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
No trouble.

My only point (and yes it's through the crystal clear lens of watching a video after the fact) was that the thug was too close, and an alarm should have gone off with that victim.

And if my comments sound like I'm saying I would "stare at the guy the whole time", I apologize for being a bit misleading. My initial comment of "I don't think I would have

I do think that it would be possible to spot a potential threat here, and, without staring at the guy, maintain awareness that would at least have allowed you to avoid a debilitating sucker punch.

I dunno, it seems like every time I go to a McD or BK o WMT, there are thugs loitering around like this.  I just think it's too much hindsight for people here to act like they simply saw it coming with such absolute certainty.

I like the idea of more lerts, but not more ninjas Seeing these videos pisses me off, just once I'd like to see a video where a CCWer takes out one of these thugs when they pull this crap.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:06:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
.. STFU already...

Good luck.

Sure you can, but would you have done it here? Staring at your 2 o'clock is as obvious as staring straight at him while in line here. You are sayin you never would have looked to your 12 here for a second, or looked down to your wallet, etc...? Sorry, if that's what you do every time there's a black person nearby, I don't see how you can function in society. As usual, it's easy to say what you would have done after watching this video, but I don't think it reflects what people would have actually done.

Call me a typical white person what ever you must but it has served me well so far through life, I wouldn't have let him leave my field of view if you consider that overly cautious I wouldn't advise a trip to New Orleans.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:08:10 PM EDT
[#25]
See, this is why I try to be aware of my surroundings and not get tunnel vision in public.

It's also why I sit on the aisle and facing the crowd/entrance in restaurants.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:10:58 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

yep

How the hell does it have anything to do with being a Ninja, punk. You can see how the guy was acting all suspicious, I actually look at what is around me.

Do you look at the ground all day long? I always make eye contact with anyone around me, it is just polite.

Oh brother, you're goddamn right

i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj65/80kyle80/eyerollcd1.gif

Suspicious? ZOMG, a black guy leaned against the counter. That is all he did, just stood there and leaned against the counter. Watch the video again.

I dunno, maybe there are no black people where you live so something like this would freak you out, but my guess is that it's pure hindsight and internet bravado.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:12:03 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No trouble.

I dunno, it seems like every time I go to a McD or BK o WMT, there are thugs loitering around like this.  I just think it's too much hindsight for people here to act like they simply saw it coming with such absolute certainty.

I like the idea of more lerts, but not more ninjas Seeing these videos pisses me off, just once I'd like to see a video where a CCWer takes out one of these thugs when they pull this crap.

...... and there would be the most pleasant end to the story that you could get.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:24:51 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
this country went to hell when you couldn't gut-shoot people for stuff like that anymore.

Yep.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:29:41 PM EDT
[#29]
This simply shows how most people in society thinks nothing will ever happen to them, living in a  bubble.  You have to keep your head on a swivel.   You can observe someone without staring at  them.  

Some people rely on a gun to deal with every situation.  Sometimes you don't have time to draw.  Sometimes all you can do is fight back.  Everybody can be sucker punched.  You can reduce it by being aware of your surroundings, but it still can happen.  Learning self defence in addition to carrying a firearm is a smart thing to do.  This sounds wierd but knowing what its like to get punched helps.  You learn to react instead of what a lot of people do which is freeze or ball up and take it.  But like I said anybody can be sucker punched.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:55:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Drive through FTW!

Eye contact would have helped the situation a little if the thug was a coward, but if he was determined, either way that guy was screwed. ANYONE can be sucker punched like that and carry'ing wont help much unless you fight him hand to hand grab a hold of him then draw your weapon with a free hand.

If i was president people would not be too compelled to do such things due to the violent consequences.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:01:56 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Rob the mickey ds in the confusion.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#32]
situational awareness.  black dude was fidgety as shit, dumbass shouldnt have been staring at the wall.  that easily could have been avoided.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Just once I would like to see a video of something like that but the criminal not realizing the guy is some retired navy seal/mma expert or some crazy crap and the guy just looks at him after he hits and and then tears him apart.   JUST ONCE lol

There was a video of a dude who tried to pick some old dudes pocket. Turns out the old dude used to be quite the boxer.

ETA I see now somebody posted it back on page 2
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:52:14 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:55:26 PM EDT
[#35]
There's a special ring in Hell for a-holes like that.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:02:50 PM EDT
[#36]
He got McKnocked the fuck out...
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:14:44 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

Holy shit.  

Awesome quote!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#38]
That would be a sucky situation to be in for sure.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#39]
That's not a beating.  Google "Akron pizza beating" if you want to see a guy get his ass kicked.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:34:11 AM EDT
[#40]
With no weaponry and clueless it was probably best he was knocked cold. Reginald Denny looked a lot worse.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:43:00 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

If you sucker punched?  You'd be drooling like the guy in the video  and in Nodsville while he took your gun and wallet.

+1 on sit awareness.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:39:02 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
With no weaponry and clueless it was probably best he was knocked cold. Reginald Denny looked a lot worse.

music sucks...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0hQuf0287g

Good reason to carry extra mags and a trunk gun.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:50:02 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

music sucks...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0hQuf0287g

Good reason to carry extra mags and a trunk gun.

Gunfight in Koreatown
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top