Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:16:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Gov's fault for making them serve "healthy" foods.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:17:04 PM EDT
[#2]
There are a also a bunch of newer fast food places that continue to grow and cut into their market share.

Smash Burger
Raising Canes
Chic-fil-a
In and Out
Chipotle/Izzo/Freebirds/(insert local burrito place)

and all the sandwich, pizza, or whatever specialty places.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:18:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The other night I wanted food and McDonalds was the only place open. A meal ended up being like 8 bucks. Why would someone go there when they can get better food for the same price?
View Quote

Just last week ... a group of us ( 4 guys ) were coming back from a fishing vacation and had just flown into Vancouver BC. had been waiting on lodge helicopters and an airport terminal all day so no chance to eat. One of the guys suggested a McDs we saw when getting on the freeway to head back to U.S.

The bill was $40 for us 4 and all we got was a sandwich / fries and drink ??  I was like WTF Now granted it was $40 Canadian money and the exchange rate favors the US dollar a bit these days, but really $40 fucking dollars for McDonalds drive thru gut bombs ?

Re-confirmed why I avoid the place.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:18:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Thankfully, people are getting smarter and pickier about their food, and are deciding not to eat that garbage. At least I hope that's it.

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:20:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'm sure these kinds of customer experiences have no impact on them. None whatsoever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gzSQX8GkMo
View Quote
Wild guess, I bet they still patron this McDee

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:21:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:21:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Jack n Box and Burger King are kicking its ass.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Cater to the wrong demographic and alienate the one that will make you money, and this is what happens.
View Quote
And guess which demographic has been the hardest hit by the Obama economy?

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:22:27 PM EDT
[#9]
franchises are designed to get people with money to sign on and pay up, when the ship goes tits up, the franchsor kicks the franchisee to the curb and signs someone else up with a account full of money.

rinse and repeat

its called churning in the business
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:25:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If McDonalds would simply start making stuff like they did in the 70s/early 90s, they would do fine.

Tallow to fry the fries for starters.  Cinnamon Sugar coated fired apple pies for another.
View Quote

But they need to cater to the health freaks who won;t buy their stuff anyway, because.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:25:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"outlook for franchisees"

McDonald's corporation is not it's franchisees.  McDonalds is a real estate holding company.  McDonald's Corp owns billions (possibly trillions) in land assets.  They are fine.
These stories are just designed to make people go, "God damn, McDonald's is in the shitter?!?!"  But the company is not.  Some franchisees are just going tits up.
View Quote

Are you a manager trainee?

I seriously doubt its more than $50 billion and thats a long way from trillions. So put down the pipe and check your numbers.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:26:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They've had their run. Crappy food that's expensive.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:27:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Boo Hoo fix the root of your problems instead of whitewashing it with Starbucks knock off coffee and pictures of "quality" food your employees can't or won't replicate.  McDonald's has been pouring blood into the water for decades, and now all the sharks are in the water.  

For what you spend at McD's you can go to a Freddie's, Culvers, 5 Guys, or any of the 100s of other chains that are popping up everywhere that have better food.  Even my kids (7&9yrs old) have abandoned McDonald's because they routinely fuck up their Happy Meals.  Instead of trying to isolate your employees from the customer, try actually training, and quality controlling their output and customer interactions.  Hold the franchises responsible for their terrible stores and maybe you could rebuild your failed brand image.

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:28:12 PM EDT
[#14]
When I can get good, REAL food at a local bbq joint for the same price as a shitty McDs burger combo why in the fuck would I go? I think I've had McDs maybe twice this year. I used to go almost daily until I woke up. Fast food in general is shit and Im trying to dodge it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:28:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Their food is pretty bad. Their hamburgers are the size of White Castle burgers and they don't tastes very good.

If I have to eat fast food which is pretty rare, I go to Carl's Jr
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:31:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
McDonalds started catering to a different clientele years ago, food quality went down, as did the service.

Pox be upon them.
View Quote

Hip-hop hamburgers....
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:31:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's exactly who they want in their restaurants.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm sure these kinds of customer experiences have no impact on them. None whatsoever.

That's exactly who they want in their restaurants.

It is who they are advertising to, so we can only gather it is who they want.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:31:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
When they targeted a certain demographic, they alienated everyone else.
View Quote

You're saying that when you have to be concerned about being beaten to death by a pack of feral youts, you may avoid the place?

Who knew?
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:32:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

McDonald's corporation is not it's franchisees.  McDonalds is a real estate holding company.  McDonald's Corp owns billions (possibly trillions) in land assets.  They are fine.

These stories are just designed to make people go, "God damn, McDonald's is in the shitter?!?!"  But the company is not.  Some franchisees are just going tits up.
View Quote
"OMG McDs going out of business!!!" seems to be a constant liberal bleating point any time any kind of food, GMO, organic, local burger joint, french fry, etc. discussion comes up.

For some reason, some kind of moby campaign is going on against them.

It's all a bullshit lie.  Drive by any McDs and most of the time they are busy, and in some places hugely busy.  IF they are in trouble, it's not because of lack of clients.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:33:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Mcassholes and their mcsalty shit nuggets.  Lolz.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:34:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Boo Hoo fix the root of your problems instead of whitewashing it with Starbucks knock off coffee and pictures of "quality" food your employees can't or won't replicate.  McDonald's has been pouring blood into the water for decades, and now all the sharks are in the water.  

For what you spend at McD's you can go to a Freddie's, Culvers, 5 Guys, or any of the 100s of other chains that are popping up everywhere that have better food.  Even my kids (7&9yrs old) have abandoned McDonald's because they routinely fuck up their Happy Meals.  Instead of trying to isolate your employees from the customer, try actually training, and quality controlling their output and customer interactions.  Hold the franchises responsible for their terrible stores and maybe you could rebuild your failed brand image.

View Quote

When your happy meal is apple slices, warm no fat milk, broccoli and mystery meat, you wonder why kids aren't too happy to eat it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:34:44 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Food sucks.

Service sucks

Restaurants filthy

Gee....if only they could figure out the problem.
View Quote

Pretty much this.  If I want a disinterested person with poor hygiene to give me a tiny, salty burger that may or may not have meat in it, so I can eat it at a dirty, sticky formica table, I know where to go.

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:34:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

yeap. chick fil a and the fast casual places have stolen all the white people.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I could see that for sure. I think gen x and gen y who aren't FSA probably sees how fucked giving McDonald's to kids is. It sets horrible eating habits for life , IMHO.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The analysts say the big issue now is that their is an entire generation of young kids who never ate at McDonald's because their parents never took them there and that is affecting their bottom line as they age.

I could see that for sure. I think gen x and gen y who aren't FSA probably sees how fucked giving McDonald's to kids is. It sets horrible eating habits for life , IMHO.

Lol, give me a fucking break. I remember going to McDonalds maybe once a month as a kid, it was a fun thing to do every once in awhile. Unless you're dumb enough to be FSA, you're smart enough to recognize that you shouldn't eat shit like that every meal, every day.

Yea, it's so fucked giving your kids McDonalds, have you ever checked out how unhealthy 95% of restaurants are? Look up salads from Applebee's, wildly unhealthy.

I'm not going to eat McD ever again because of their Clinton foundation bull shit and hiring 0bama's minister of propaganda, just have to call your bull shit bull shit.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:35:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Jack n Box and Burger King are kicking its ass.
View Quote

Carls Jr. is my goto fast food burger joint. Love the western bacon 6$ burger. Their shakes are excellent as well
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:35:48 PM EDT
[#26]
The only option for fast food I have are McDs and Taco Johns.  I'll eat at TJ maybe once a month.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#27]
They are trying to restructure themselves as a higher end, healthier establishment

They re-did the outside of all of the buildings here
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:37:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It's simple:

They're too expensive to eat at.

*shrug*
View Quote

I pulled into one to get a bacon/egg/cheese biscuit a while back.  It had been a couple of years.  They wanted $4.50 for one.  Sorry!
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The analysts say the big issue now is that their is an entire generation of young kids who never ate at McDonald's because their parents never took them there and that is affecting their bottom line as they age.
View Quote

It wouldn't surprise me bone bit if that were the case.  I grew up eating at McDonald's but haven't eaten there in probably 10 years except maybe twice when I had no other choice.

If I am spending money it will be going somewhere that has good food and service like Runza.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:38:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I avoid McD's....hate their food.  Maybe $15/hr as a minimum wage can help them hire better staff as well.  
View Quote

if you were trying to destroy small business in America no better way to do it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#31]
McDonalds problem isn't their food.  It's always been shit food.  The problem is that it now costs a family of 4 over $25 for a meal.  At that price, the consumer's options become much better.  Get it down under $20 and they'll be swimming in money again.

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:42:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Food sucks.
Service sucks
Restaurants filthy

Gee....if only they could figure out the problem.
View Quote

No shit.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:44:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Food went to hell because nobody wants a steamed pre-cooked burger for fucks sake.

Service went to hell because the demographic of who is behind the counter has changed.

McD's deserves to die if they can't see that.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's pretty much how i picture all McDonalds.

Chick fil a never seems to have those problems though....  ( and they have a killer dinner salad)
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:46:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
McDonalds is meant to be eaten when drunk at 3am or hungover at 10am.  I don't know why someone would eat there at any other time.
View Quote

...because sometimes I get a little backed up, and the drugstore is too far away.  A couple of Doubles; and everything returns to normal.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:46:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Food tastes horrible
Food is bad for you
Food is expensive
Service usually sucks

Wonder why they are going downhill?
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I seriously doubt its more than $50 billion and thats a long way from trillions. So put down the pipe and check your numbers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gross PPE as of March 2015 was $37.6 billion.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:48:16 PM EDT
[#38]
365 black. Choke on it bitches!
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:51:05 PM EDT
[#39]
No such thing as craving a Big Mac anymore.
Even the signage is looking old and worn out.
If they close I won't miss them at all.
It used to be the most American thing one could have for lunch
Not any more. Yuck.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:51:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
There are a also a bunch of newer fast food places that continue to grow and cut into their market share.

Smash Burger
Raising Canes
Chic-fil-a
In and Out
Chipotle/Izzo/Freebirds/(insert local burrito place)

and all the sandwich, pizza, or whatever specialty places.
View Quote

In Texas, I think Whataburger is a McDonalds killer.
Good food, polite staff.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:52:04 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
FTFY.

Around here it would cost roughly $18 for two adult combo meals and two kids meals from McDonald's. For $2-$3 more I can take my family to Culver's, In-N-Out or CFA and receive food that is a much higher quality and much fresher tasting than McDonald's. Or for the same money we can hit up Popeye's for a couple of kids meals and $5 combo box specials they're always running.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's simple:

They're too expensive to eat at for the quality of food you receive.

*shrug*

FTFY.

Around here it would cost roughly $18 for two adult combo meals and two kids meals from McDonald's. For $2-$3 more I can take my family to Culver's, In-N-Out or CFA and receive food that is a much higher quality and much fresher tasting than McDonald's. Or for the same money we can hit up Popeye's for a couple of kids meals and $5 combo box specials they're always running.

THIS. There are MUCH better options for the amount of money you spend.

I can go to CFA and know whats in the nuggets when I bite into them.  McD's?? ...yeah right.

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:55:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
McDonalds problem isn't their food.  It's always been shit food.  The problem is that it now costs a family of 4 over $25 for a meal.  At that price, the consumer's options become much better.  Get it down under $20 and they'll be swimming in money again.

View Quote

You can get a double burger fries combo for 3.50. That's about 15 With tax.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:58:09 PM EDT
[#43]
McEBTs.

Just have the government take them over and subsidize them like the post office.

Then again, the welfare trash in Mobile thinks McDonald's isn't good enough for them anymore now that every restaurant 'proudly' takes EBT.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:59:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Its like $7-$8 now for a big-mac combo now. In this day and age you got a huge variety of modern fast food joints to choose from now (literally hundreds in my area). They have simply had their time and history is moving forward with newer more modern fast food joints (Chipolte, Habit etc). They will be a thing of a past sort of like Malls.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Food went to hell because nobody wants a steamed pre-cooked burger for fucks sake.

Service went to hell because the demographic of who is behind the counter has changed.

McD's deserves to die if they can't see that.
View Quote

I don't care for McD but the service should improve when the robots take over.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 1:01:11 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote
This.  

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 1:01:43 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm not surprised. I haven't eaten that stuff since I moved out and started eating healthier and eating stuff cooked at home.  Maybe people will wake up and realize that that stuff isn't that good for you at all.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 1:03:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Food tastes horrible
Food is bad for you
Food is expensive
Service usually sucks

Wonder why they are going downhill?
View Quote

Fast food is expensive now, great point. I can purchase a 6oz steak on sale at the grocery store and have money left to purchase side for the same price as a 'value' meal from mcshitburger
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 1:03:30 PM EDT
[#49]
How about they make the dollar menu a fucking dollar!

Double cheeseburgers use to be a dollar, then they jacked up the prices and invented a Mcdouble for a dollar. And god forbid you forgot they pulled the switcharoo and you order 2 double cheeseburgers and they tell you that will be $3.38 plus tax!! 1+1=3.38

Then they raised the price of their mcdouble and keep it on the dollar menu. Considering they use a meat slurry to make em, keep the price a fucking dollar or take them off the fucking dollar menu. Assholes.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 1:08:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. You can't feed this crap to an increasingly health concious middle class and expect it to keep pace. My generation has seen the obesity epidimic driven by fast food and laziness. There will be a swing the other direction in the coming generations. I will NOT take my soon to be born kids to eat fast food. That is for damn sure. So why would they take their kids?
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top