BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:41:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Unless you have just hundreds of hundreds of extra mags and you want to sell hundreds of them I don't see the benefit of selling 5 mags for $100 profit.

$100 can be replaced easily, 5 30 round mags maybe not so much assuming things go pear shaped.

Seriously $100?

I think there are A LOT of people here that would like to see a ban so they can sell mags and lowers to make a few extra bucks that will get pissed away in a couple days.  Leaving them with no extra cash and banned firearms.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:42:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I realize that the proposal will grandfather existing weapons, but what about the existing mags?

After reading the bill that is proposed (or at least from the NRA news alert) yes the mags will theoretically be grandfathered.  However, the issue comes into play that the burden is no longer on the government to prove date of manufacture of the magazines, it will be up to the individual owner.  Now instead of them having to prove an unstamped/undated mag is not pre-ban, you will have to prove when an unstamped/undated mag was manufactured.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:41:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I realize that the proposal will grandfather existing weapons, but what about the existing mags?

Which proposal?

There are probably 30 or more different ones offered by Dems, so which one?
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:42:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Definitely slowing down.

Evidence of this?

The posts in this thread seem to indicate otherwise.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:47:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Going through my gun room yesterday, I round a drawer with about 30 brand new GI mags in wrappers.  I have forgotten about them.

I guess that gives me around 70 so I don't need to panic buy.

I have stocked up gradually over the last 8 years since the AWB expired.

5 M-15s and 7 AR-10s.  Not going anywhere and I don't have to panic buy anything.

Shitload of 5.56/.223 and .308/7.62 NATO.

Gobs of Greek surplus for my 8 Garands and 2 Savage bolt guns.

I'm set.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top