How much longer, America?

The rope is getter shorter by the day.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:08:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Biometrics" are just ways of measure everyone's distinct signature;  fingerprints, iris, facial characteristics, ear shape, odor, voice pattern, etc.

You already have a name, and you already have a number (SSN).
Biometrics allows for the accurate comparison of these, and ID of you as an individual -provided the initial ID and assessment is accurate (which is why so many documents are requested to get a passport).

When you get your photo taken at the DMV to get a license -congratulations! You now have a biometrically enabled Government ID card.
Same with Passport.

Why the heartburn over being required to have your Iris or Fingerprints captured, but not the Facial recognition data?

for one i don't have to drive nor get a drivers license

second the license i have is issued by my state not the federal gov't

The data is accessed by the Federal Government, so you have supplied them with a biometrically enabled ID card.

three why are the dems trying to mandate that everyone MUST have health insurance coverage
Because they can't then claim to be against "insurance companies denying coverage for pre-existing conditions".
If you can't be denied coverage, you don't NEED insurance -you just wait until you are sick.

That's why the bill is so crappy and coercive.

four why should i as an american citizen be FORCED to get a national id just to be able to work in my own country
You shouldn't.
Unless you are a citizen who vociferously demands that the government solve the illegal immigration problem.
If you want a solution to that problem, you are asking for just such and ID card.

where in the constitution does it give the federal gov't this kind of power
It doesn't.

i don't see how people can not be outraged over this

I don't see how you can outraged about this, but not about providing a photo for a DL or Passport.

im not mandated to get either, it's a personal choice

mandating a national id is not, you figure it out

Oh, I recognize the difference.  And I agree that the "mandated" part is the problem.

I take it then that you have no problem with be required to provide all of theses things IF you "desire" a DL or a Passport?

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:10:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Never ever will I allow myself or my family through full body scanners or through this crap.  

Not going to ever get on a commercial aircraft, huh?

I guess it's easier to be "off the grid" if you choose not to travel and do all of those things.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:11:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mark of the Beast - National Biometric Identification Cards.

That is not the mark of the beast.

Revelation 13:16  And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17  And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18  Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six

It is a mark that is "received" on the hand, not fingerprints or hand vein prints.

By putting your self into the system you would be "receiving" your number. Your ID number and fingerprint tied together is the same as writing your number in code.

Exactly-
By scaning your hand- they give you an I.D- making your mark - in your hand.

Never ever will I allow myself or my family through full body scanners or through this crap.  

Off the grid and fo'ing we will fo, we will fo.

that is an interesting way to look at it

how do you remove your veins once they've been scanned and given a number?  you can't

I think there's a famous quote that certainly applies here-

YOU FO- That's the only way.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:13:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Biometrics" are just ways of measure everyone's distinct signature;  fingerprints, iris, facial characteristics, ear shape, odor, voice pattern, etc.

Biometrics allows for the accurate comparison of these, and ID of you as an individual -provided the initial ID and assessment is accurate (which is why so many documents are requested to get a passport).

When you get your photo taken at the DMV to get a license -congratulations! You now have a biometrically enabled Government ID card.
Same with Passport.

Why the heartburn over being required to have your Iris or Fingerprints captured, but not the Facial recognition data?

The data is accessed by the Federal Government, so you have supplied them with a biometrically enabled ID card.

three why are the dems trying to mandate that everyone MUST have health insurance coverage
Because they can't then claim to be against "insurance companies denying coverage for pre-existing conditions".
If you can't be denied coverage, you don't NEED insurance -you just wait until you are sick.

four why should i as an american citizen be FORCED to get a national id just to be able to work in my own country
You shouldn't.
Unless you are a citizen who vociferously demands that the government solve the illegal immigration problem.
If you want a solution to that problem, you are asking for just such and ID card.

It doesn't.

I don't see how you can outraged about this, but not about providing a photo for a DL or Passport.

Oh, I recognize the difference.  And I agree that the "mandated" part is the problem.

I take it then that you have no problem with be required to provide all of theses things IF you "desire" a DL or a Passport?

i do have a problem if i eventually have to provide more then my picture

when i was 16 and getting my license i didn't think of things like this.   so if my state decides to go past just a picture then i'll have to be careful when i drive

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:14:31 PM EDT
[#6]
If Chuckles likes it, it cannot be good.

Bilster
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:18:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess it's easier to be "off the grid" if you choose not to travel and do all of those things.

I tell you what, I touched on this topic a few months ago during the full body scanners debate.

You, or anyone else, will not in my lifetime take nude / x-ray photos of my wife or my children.

I dont' need commercial aircraft for shit- I go where I want and drive there, if there's an ocean and I need to get to the other side, I go in a God damned boat!

The day the Government or anyone else steps into my intimate life, what they cannot see behind my clothes or my skin (Mine or families)- is the day I get very intimate with the prospect of fo'ing.

I am self sufficient, I have my own vehicles, paid for, capeable of off road or on road, I know how to mechanic, I can provide food, I can provide services to other people.  

I need no fucking plane on this planet.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:19:34 PM EDT
[#8]
To hell with Chucky, his buddies and all they stand for.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:34:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Same with Passport.

Winner, return to your ammo forts gentlemen, the end is not quite here yet.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:38:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same with Passport.

of course not, just lines that get crossed and everyone has a different line where they say enough

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:46:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same with Passport.

of course not, just lines that get crossed and everyone has a different line where they say enough

I think you have the impression that "Biometrics" is a term that is driving people to be upset.

In my case, it's not- if they were taking a stool sample from me- i couldn't give a damn- I'll even throw it at them but when what they're doing correlates in the bible as a mark in the hand, forehead, etc- that's what I'm not for.

If I really wanted to throw a fit I'd be upset over my photo ID being the mark on my forehead- but I can understand reasoning behind a PHOTO ID.

I personally don't want anyone to have anything to do with me other than what they can see with their own eyes face to face.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Instead of giving everyone a card that they can loose and perhaps use illegally, they should just plant the microchip in either everyone's right hand or forehead.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same with Passport.

I think you have the impression that "Biometrics" is a term that is driving people to be upset.

In my case, it's not- if they were taking a stool sample from me- i couldn't give a damn- I'll even throw it at them but when what they're doing correlates in the bible as a mark in the hand, forehead, etc- that's what I'm not for.

If I really wanted to throw a fit I'd be upset over my photo ID being the mark on my forehead- but I can understand reasoning behind a PHOTO ID.

I personally don't want anyone to have anything to do with me other than what they can see with their own eyes face to face.

i agree.  i could care less what they call it.  but for me and you this is a line we won't cross while someone who doesn't believe in god wouldn't even worry about, which is what i meant

ETA:  though people who don't like big brother but don't believe in god could consider this a line they won't cross

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 2:16:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm self employed. Since this is about jobs, I shouldn't need one, right?
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 2:23:04 PM EDT
[#15]
WILL NOT FUCKING COMPLY MOTHERFUCKERS! COME AND FUCKING GET ME!!!!!!

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 2:23:14 PM EDT
[#16]
LINDSAY GRAHAM IS A TRAITOR.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 2:26:34 PM EDT
[#17]
The mark of the beast is symbolic.  Lindsay's plan isn't.  Don't want it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 2:57:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same with Passport.

You shouldn't.

It doesn't.

Given facial recognition technology, coupled with the expansion of public "security" cameras... THAT biometric is something FAR more troubling than prints or DNA.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:00:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The day the Government or anyone else steps into my intimate life, what they cannot see behind my clothes or my skin (Mine or families)- is the day I get very intimate with the prospect of fo'ing.

I am self sufficient, I have my own vehicles, paid for, capeable of off road or on road, I know how to mechanic, I can provide food, I can provide services to other people.  

I need no fucking plane on this planet.  [/span] [/span]

Does anyone else see the irony of using the World Wide Web to announce one's intention to live "off the grid"?

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:11:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same with Passport.

You shouldn't.

It doesn't.

Given facial recognition technology, coupled with the expansion of public "security" cameras... THAT biometric is something FAR more troubling than prints or DNA.

that stuff's not happening around my area yet, though i don't like the way any of this type of tech is used

IMO fingerprints and dna is worse. i guess we'll have to agree to disagree

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:14:20 PM EDT
[#22]
duh
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:16:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same with Passport.

You shouldn't.

It doesn't.

that stuff's not happening around my area yet, though i don't like the way any of this type of tech is used

Prints and DNA require close access technical collection.

Using photo recognition programs and photos from databases can be automated and done from a distance.

Food for thought, comrade.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:22:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:24:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Instead of giving everyone a card that they can loose and perhaps use illegally, they should just plant the microchip in either everyone's right hand or forehead.

And to make it easier to find for the fed doing the scanning, they can put some sort of mark on either the hand or forehead. Perhaps some sort of number.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I need no fucking plane on this planet.  [/span] [/span]

Does anyone else see the irony of using the World Wide Web to announce one's intention to live "off the grid"?

If it comes down to it, let's consider this "Pre meditated "Fo'ing"

The can come and get me if they require me to comply.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:30:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And to make it easier to find for the fed doing the scanning, they can put some sort of mark on either the hand or forehead. Perhaps some sort of number.

I preferr 666 and a pentagram.  - oh and let's make sure we give our childrens virginity away to the rulers of the time- just for extra credit compliance.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#28]

PAPERS, COMRADE!
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:36:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Umm... the Bible explicitly states 666 on the hand and wrist.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:43:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:00:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Relax - the bill doesn't have a chance of passing.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:02:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Want to make the Social number check work?  Simple:  Have the IRS working WITH INS to find illegals who have stolen SSNs.  If the same SSN pops up in three different states on the tax reports or is working 15 jobs, pay a visit to the employers, and have a chat with the employee.  One of them will be able to provide a decent ID in about 30 seconds, proving they are the original owner of the SSN.  The rest should be arrested for ID theft, thrown in prison, and deported when they get out.  Not enough room in prisons?  Built more, it will help the unemployment problem.

The problem is, the last I knew, the IRS refused to help anyone find illegals in any way.

We have the tools RIGHT NOW to find illegals, but the powers that be won't use them.  Wouldn't want to offend the illegals or anything....
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:09:44 PM EDT
[#34]
So wouldn't it be simpler to plant an RFID in deported invading criminals?
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:16:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Want to make the Social number check work?  Simple:  Have the IRS working WITH INS to find illegals who have stolen SSNs.  If the same SSN pops up in three different states on the tax reports or is working 15 jobs, pay a visit to the employers, and have a chat with the employee.  One of them will be able to provide a decent ID in about 30 seconds, proving they are the original owner of the SSN.  The rest should be arrested for ID theft, thrown in prison, and deported when they get out.  Not enough room in prisons?  Built more, it will help the unemployment problem.
The problem is, the last I knew, the IRS refused to help anyone find illegals in any way.
We have the tools RIGHT NOW to find illegals, but the powers that be won't use them.  Wouldn't want to offend the illegals or anything....

Are you suggesting that it may be more beneficial for the government to enforce the laws that are in place now instead of making new laws so that it appears that they are actually doing something?

THE NERVE!
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#36]
There should be a law against double tapping so that I don't do it any more.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#37]

Well it almost took 2 pages but Godwin's Law prevails
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:49:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Using photo recognition programs and photos from databases can be automated and done from a distance.

Think again.  I could easily collect all of your fingerprints without your knowledge after 30 minutes at a restaurant.  Ditto for DNA.

Not only can I do it - I HAVE done it.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:56:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Think again.  I could easily collect all of your fingerprints without your knowledge after 30 minutes at a restaurant.  Ditto for DNA.
Pssst....  
...that type of technical collection (latent prints and "touch DNA") is precisely the "close access technical collection" that I was referring to.  

It requires one to target the individual FIRST.  You must already be on the radar, AND identification and comparison requires lab work that can take at least a day.

Facial recognition technology can ID an individual unbeknownst to them in an instant.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:57:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This is what happens when you don't treat criminals like criminals,
and when you treat everyone like criminals. Bastids

That's pretty much it.  We have never been unable to fix this.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pssst....  
...that type of technical collection (latent prints and "touch DNA") is precisely the "close access technical collection" that I was referring to.  

It requires one to target the individual FIRST.  You must already be on the radar, AND identification and comparison requires lab work that can take at least a day.

Facial recognition technology can ID an individual unbeknownst to them in an instant.

I can get the same out of the trash can/dumpster - months after you left the state.  The collection doesn't need to be close, timely or technical.

There are plenty of other non-contact, stand-off biometric methods other than facial recognition.  Facial recognition has its problems/challenges.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:15:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you suggesting that it may be more beneficial for the government to enforce the laws that are in place now instead of making new laws so that it appears that they are actually doing something?A

THE NERVE!

Works for Sheriff Joe
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:18:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Wow.  I'm sure glad I don't have a number that identifies me as a citizen of these United States of America.  That would be like...communism or something.

Funny you should mention that.  One of the things FDR promised when trying to get social security passed was that the number would never be used for anything but social security.  How did that work.

That is why I oppose it.  YOu can say it will only be used for xxx but odds are in a few years or at most a few presidential elections it will be being used for far more than it was originally meant to be used for.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:27:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

IBBB

In Before Baghdad Bob

Dont you mean DaveA?
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:28:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
LINDSAY GRAHAM IS A TRAITOR.

Yep.

And this is not new news.   He is the definition of RINO lying asshole if you look it up.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same with Passport.

You shouldn't.

It doesn't.

There are cameras on EVERY stoplight facing every direction here in chandler. They say they are not monitored and teh data is not saved past a certain point and can only be brought up for the purpose of traffic accidents and it still pisses me off.  If this anti big brother thing keeps up I am thinking of forming a group to have these cameras taken down.  I live in the most conservative district in the phoenix area and I think we might be able to pull it off.  Waiting to see how the photo radar thing pans out.  

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:14:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

IBBB

In Before Baghdad Bob

Do you mean Slave_Authoritarian or Dave_Asperger's?  

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:33:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

as much as i despise illegal immigration, if it's between this and illegal immigrants working i'll take illegal immigrants working

I hate to say it but I agree...
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:34:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Get rid of the welfare state and it won't matter if workers are here illegally, as they will sink or swim on their own merits.  Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

this
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Great idea, instead of a debit card you'll have you checking account (all finances) linked to you .gov controller bio-chip.  

Go to the grocery story scan your bio-chip for that loaf of bread, BEEP, BEEP, ERROR, REJECTED, "Sorry sir your purchase has been denied; you voted for the wrong party".  WTF?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top