User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"You really don't have a threat here until it presents itself," said Sgt. Herbert B. Hancock, chief scout sniper, 1/23, and a 35-year-old police officer from Bryan, Texas, whose specialized training and skill helped save the lives of his fellow Marines during the battle. "In Fallujah we really didn't have that problem because it seemed like everybody was shooting at us. If they fired at us we just dropped them."

Holy shit!  I think I met this guy at the academy in College Station, TX a few years ago...  He was in there picking up ammo...  Anybody know if he is on the Bryan SWAT Team?  I don't remember the guy's name I talked with, but he looked about the same, same age, and was one of the SWAT's sharpshooters.

EPOCH

I'll ask the sheriffs if they know him next time I do a bond. I work tonight.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 5:31:59 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
what is the gun? a rem 700?

It is an M40A1, the A3 has a wider fore profile.

Actually it looks like it might be a M40A3 The A3 uses a Mcmilan A4 stock, and that looks likeit might be a A4 stock from the little bit I can see of it in that pic on page 1.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 11:29:30 AM EDT
[#3]
that is a long ways.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
"You really don't have a threat here until it presents itself," said Sgt. Herbert B. Hancock, chief scout sniper, 1/23, and a 35-year-old police officer from Bryan, Texas, whose specialized training and skill helped save the lives of his fellow Marines during the battle. "In Fallujah we really didn't have that problem because it seemed like everybody was shooting at us. If they fired at us we just dropped them."

Holy shit!  I think I met this guy at the academy in College Station, TX a few years ago...  He was in there picking up ammo...  Anybody know if he is on the Bryan SWAT Team?  I don't remember the guy's name I talked with, but he looked about the same, same age, and was one of the SWAT's sharpshooters.

EPOCH

I was talking with a Bryan LEO in the jail last night & Handcock is on the Bryan PD SWAT team. The officer siad he is rated as one of the top snipers in America, & the he mostly uses the Barret semi auto .50. At least that's what he told me. How true or accurate it is I couldn't say. After all it was a cop saying it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 3:11:50 PM EDT
[#5]
any relation to CArlos  Hancock? (Possibly longest confirmed  kill in Nam)
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 3:49:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

"Carlos Hancock".

That's a shame.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

HATHCOCK              

And dont let it happen again
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 4:12:36 PM EDT
[#8]

awesome!
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 4:23:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

EPOCH

I was talking with a Bryan LEO in the jail last night & Handcock is on the Bryan PD SWAT team. The officer siad he is rated as one of the top snipers in America, & the he mostly uses the Barret semi auto .50...

Now you went and did it!
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 6:16:40 PM EDT
[#10]
gee call me stupid but a .50 compared to a .308 I know under a thousand,,but give me a .338,,,,anyway 1 thou. even with a .308  should be a given not an exceptional shot,,and there are no X-Marines unless they were shitbirds...
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:43:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
gee call me stupid but a .50 compared to a .308 I know under a thousand,,but give me a .338,,,,anyway 1 thou. even with a .308  should be a given not an exceptional shot,,and there are no X-Marines unless they were shitbirds...

Even a shit bird is still a Marine not an EX when he goes inactive.

Wasn't Carlos Hathcocks shot approx 1 mile? & that with a scoped BMG.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:09:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Doesn't say on that link where the barrel was made.

Factory 40X if stock, but as a reserve rifle I would say Hart barrel.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:10:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I have here in my shop an Ex-Marine (and ex-Phili cop).... and he said he is only good up to 500 yards.

1K+ yards is WOW!

Former Marine,

No such NSN for a Ex Marine.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:14:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Carlos Hatcock

Hatcock
Hatcock
Hatcock
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:19:07 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Holy shit! I think I met this guy at the academy in College Station, TX a few years ago... He was in there picking up ammo... Anybody know if he is on the Bryan SWAT Team? I don't remember the guy's name I talked with, but he looked about the same, same age, and was one of the SWAT's sharpshooters.

Yep, he is on the SWAT Team.  I posted a dupe of this article today mentioning he is one of my best friends best friends.  I am trying to think of something we could give him when he gets back from AR15.com.  If anyone has any good ideas let me know, I can arrange the presentation.

ADOPTASNIPER CHALLENGE COIN AND BRACELET - HIS UNIT ID IS ON THE LATEST USMC BATCH.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:20:01 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Carlos Hatcock

Hatcock
Hatcock
Hatcock

Hatcock?  WTF?

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:22:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Anaconda was not in Iraq.

If this was posted in reference to MY post above it ... I am not talking about Anaconda or even Afghanistan.

BK
www.adoptasniper.org
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:24:27 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not the longest shot either ...

BK
www.adoptasniper.org

Careful there, bud.

You're going to have to tell some secrets.

I ain't GOTTA tell shit  bud ...

It MAY be the longest CONFIRMED ... WITH A .308 WIN. ...

BK
WWW.ADOPTASNIPER.ORG

Edited: Taking nothing away from one helluva great shot under ANY conditions, much less combat.

BTW -  1/23 is the latest USMC Unit ID on the adoptasniper stainless steel bracelets. We will be changing them next order so if you want one from HANCOCK'S Unit ... you might want to get it now.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:24:44 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Carlos Hatcock

Hatcock
Hatcock
Hatcock

Its Carlos Hathcock!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:27:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Carlos Hatcock

Hatcock
Hatcock
Hatcock

Its Carlos Hathcock!

LOL ok, need more coffee  I do's
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:44:44 AM EDT
[#21]
That's some damn good shooting.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top