Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 9:12:31 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

How is it that all states are required to honor other states drivers licenses but not CHP's?

Could PA pass a law saying that NY drivers are not allowed to operate pickup trucks in PA?

I seriously doubt they could, but another reason why carry permits should be treated just like drivers licenses.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 9:13:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The people of NY have spoken. They voted in, time and time again, these politicians who have enacted this legislation and legislation like it. It IS the will of the people. 65% of the american people are FOR an AWB rather than protecting gun owners rights. This is the climate we live in. Never going to change when the people don't want it. We, ar15 owners, are not the majority.

speak out of your ass much? We are beholden to the city a few DNC stronghold counties

Yep....if we could get rid of NYC and a couple bordering counties we'd have a completely different State.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 9:16:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Fuck NY. No Tourist $$'s from me if they don't get rid of these bullshit laws.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 9:16:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
We're in the same boat as folks in lllinois; the big city tries to dictate what the rest of the state does and wants.

We'd be better off making them their own district.

This.  

W. NY would be a pretty awesome state by itself.

IL would be pretty awesome w/o shitcago as well.  

Yep.....+1 to that
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 9:20:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
We're in the same boat as folks in lllinois; the big city tries to dictate what the rest of the state does and wants.

This.  

W. NY would be a pretty awesome state by itself.

IL would be pretty awesome w/o shitcago as well.  

Yep. I say this all the time too lol.....Break up the state to Upstate NY and Western NY and make it Western New York....and then NYC and Long island area will just be New York..............Nothing wrong with most of Western NY and Upstate as well...

You probably have better odds of that happening then getting the stupid laws in this state changed
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 9:21:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The people of NY have spoken. They voted in, time and time again, these politicians who have enacted this legislation and legislation like it. It IS the will of the people. 65% of the american people are FOR an AWB rather than protecting gun owners rights. This is the climate we live in. Never going to change when the people don't want it. We, ar15 owners, are not the majority.

speak out of your ass much? We are beholden to the city a few DNC stronghold counties

Out of my ass? Where do you get off saying that

The citizens of New York get to rewrite the USC to suit themselves?  

Apparently...
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:16:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:21:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:24:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Gifs/wellbye.gif

That is a most interesting response...

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:25:28 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who does this? Why are there two really similar threads just days apart on ARF?  Does this kind of thing happen often and we are just now seeing it in the media?

No shit.

I despise NY for their gun laws, but how does a gun owner NOT know about CA and NY gun laws?

Marine? Did you miss that part?

Not sure what that has to do with anything.

I know exactly what he was referring to.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:26:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

How is it that all states are required to honor other states drivers licenses but not CHP's?

Could PA pass a law saying that NY drivers are not allowed to operate pickup trucks in PA?

No need to pass any new laws, just repeal the ones giving reciprocity.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:27:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:27:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Who does this? Why are there two really similar threads just days apart on ARF?  Does this kind of thing happen often and we are just now seeing it in the media?

No shit.

I despise NY for their gun laws, but how does a gun owner NOT know about CA and NY gun laws?

best post of the day

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:29:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Pics/hulka.jpg

Ah - a picture for every conversational requirement.

Pretty much, don't need anything else in this discussion because I can already carry concealed in NYC.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:30:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Silly peasants for thinking your rights apply in all of the states.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:37:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:38:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty much, don't need anything else in this discussion because I can already carry concealed in NYC.

A most interesting response...

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:41:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.prisonersofthecensus.org/nygerrymander.html

That page makes exactly the opposite argument.  Based on that page's data, NYC is underrepresented and the rural upstate counties are overrepresented in both the State Assembly and the NYS Senate.

If that data is correct, NYC voters become even more powerful and the "will of the people" outside of NYC becomes even more irrelevant.

You actually are making MrYar's point.  NYC is the heavily populated tail that wags the NYS dog.  And NYC is very, very, very leftist progressive Democrat.  

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:41:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Do you remember the end of the book?

Yeah, I believe it ends with me retiring and still being able to carry concealed in NY and every other state.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:42:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Bullshit laws. Priorities all fucked up. No wonder why NY is such a cesspool.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:45:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Is he a WO Gunner or a tail gunner? Not that it matters much.

http://legallyarmed.com/ccw_statistics.htm
NY has way more CCW permits than CA.

You missed something

New York City

2,145  ( 2010)

Most likely only rich powerful people get okayed.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I believe it ends with me retiring and still being able to carry concealed in NY and every other state.

So, you are more equal than a Marine?

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:50:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if anyones tried to push that a DD214 gives you CCW privedgles in every state.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:57:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Way to be a douche about it.  People like you were the reason there needed to be a bill of rights, so certain folks couldn''t claim privilege that others should also be entitled to.

I hope you get popped on a bullshit charge and lose your gun rights for being a snotty shit like that.  You're not any more entitled to that piece on your person than I am, or any other person.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:00:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You missed something

New York City
2,145  ( 2010)

Those are mostly retired cops.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:00:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NYC seems to think so.

Quoted:
Way to be a douche about it.  People like you were the reason there needed to be a bill of rights, so certain folks couldn''t claim privilege that others should also be entitled to.
I hope you get popped on a bullshit charge and lose your gun rights for being a snotty shit like that. You're not any more entitled to that piece on your person than I am, or any other person.

Lighten up, we were breaking each other's balls.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:02:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I seriously doubt they could, but another reason why carry permits should be treated just like drivers licenses.

Don't know much about interstate compacts, do you?

Driver's licenses are recognized by agreements between the states.

Along with license plates.

Most other licenses of ANY type are NOT recognized across state borders.
Doctors, nurses, professional engineers, bar admission for attorneys, barbers, etc. are ALL state issued licenses valid in a single state.

Just like concealed carry permits can be recognized by agreements between states.

It's called federalism, and states do maintain certain powers.

We stopped 'carrying our law' with us back in the middle ages.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:02:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.prisonersofthecensus.org/nygerrymander.html

That page makes exactly the opposite argument.  Based on that page's data, NYC is underrepresented and the rural upstate counties are overrepresented in both the State Assembly and the NYS Senate.

If that data is correct, NYC voters become even more powerful and the "will of the people" outside of NYC becomes even more irrelevant.

You actually are making MrYar's point.  NYC is the heavily populated tail that wags the NYS dog.  And NYC is very, very, very leftist progressive Democrat.  

except NY is transferring inmates to down state prisons, heavy DNC counties more specifically.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:06:16 AM EDT
[#30]
It is time for Texas to look upon New York as a hostile government.  Texas needs to consider their citizens as flight risks and when a New Yorker is stopped for a traffic violation they should be immediately taken into custody and their vehicle impounded.  If we could get away with it, Texas should revoke the reciprocity of New York driver licences (unless you are here on military orders) and detain and arrest any New Yorker who is driving in Texas.  If it means I can't drive in New York, I am okay with that.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:06:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No need to pass any new laws, just repeal the ones giving reciprocity.

I see what you did there.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Pics/hulka.jpg

Ah - a picture for every conversational requirement.

So can I, but I will never set foot there (unless the job requires it). Shame too, as I have a real desire to go to the 9/11 Memorial.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:27:41 AM EDT
[#33]
New York should have a sign underneath the "Welcome to New York" sign at the state line informing everyone guns are not allowed.

I sure am glad my Mother found some sense when I was little and got the hell out of there.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#34]
It's funny how the comments in this thread have a different tone than they did about the female med student that did the same thing.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:32:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit.

best post of the day

Screw you guys.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:41:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I still do not understand why anyone would choose to set foot in Hell.  

Armed or not, it is still Hell.

"just send me to hell or New York City,
It would be about the same to me"

Hank Williams, Jr.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:49:37 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Good thing the USA is not a democracy, then, huh? We are not mob rules. We have a constitution. We cannot, constitutionally vote in politicians who enact legislation contrary to the constitution.

It's changing back to how it should be. It's slow but, inch by inch, we will get there.

Also, if 65% of the public were for the AWB, why did the demcrats get thrown out on their ass the very next opportunity we had to do so, when they passed the damn thing?

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:58:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Being this just happened with that other lady.  Is it just a rash of stupid, or is someone building test cases?
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:02:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It is time for Texas to look upon New York as a hostile government.  Texas needs to consider their citizens as flight risks and when a New Yorker is stopped for a traffic violation they should be immediately taken into custody and their vehicle impounded.  If we could get away with it, Texas should revoke the reciprocity of New York driver licences (unless you are here on military orders) and detain and arrest any New Yorker who is driving in Texas.  If it means I can't drive in New York, I am okay with that.

Don't you have a border war to lose?

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:06:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
New York should have a sign underneath the "Welcome to New York" sign at the state line informing everyone guns are not allowed.

I sure am glad my Mother found some sense when I was little and got the hell out of there.

Massachusetts used to have such signs.  IIRC, they got rid of them because they were shot full of too many holes, and it was getting expensive to keep replacing them.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:57:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You missed something

New York City
2,145  ( 2010)

Let me explain NYS gun laws.  You need a permit to OWN a hand gun this permit can take 6 months or longer to get.    Each handgun you own must be listed on the permit.  The Judge may put restrictions on your permit such as target, which would mean you can not carry it.  Many retied cops will have retired LEO listed on the permit.    If they do not restrict you it is a CCW.  Most county’s in NYS issue lifetime permits.  The ones near NYC and NYC issue ones that expire.   Its is PITA to even get a permit if you own a business in NYC that deals in alot of cash, just to have a gun on premises.      Now if you are Donald Trump or Howard Stern that is another story.    
The other fact is the NYC will not recognize a permit from another county, unless you have applied with them too.    So if you have an unrestricted permit from Buffalo you can not have the gun in NYC.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:18:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't you have a border war to lose?

send em your flag

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:20:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Bingo

NY State is a Nice place

The city not so much

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:26:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You missed something

New York City
2,145  ( 2010)

Let me explain NYS gun laws.  You need a permit to OWN a hand gun this permit can take 6 months or longer to get.    Each handgun you own must be listed on the permit.  The Judge may put restrictions on your permit such as target, which would mean you can not carry it.  Many retied cops will have retired LEO listed on the permit.    If they do not restrict you it is a CCW.  Most county’s in NYS issue lifetime permits.  The ones near NYC and NYC issue ones that expire.   Its is PITA to even get a permit if you own a business in NYC that deals in alot of cash, just to have a gun on premises.      Now if you are Donald Trump or Howard Stern that is another story.    
The other fact is the NYC will not recognize a permit from another county, unless you have applied with them too.    So if you have an unrestricted permit from Buffalo you can not have the gun in NYC.  

All the more of a reason to secede from NYC
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:10:54 PM EDT
[#45]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1272414_Marine_faces_15_years_for_unknowingly_violating_gun_law.html
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:17:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Guy was kind of a dumbass, but the people enforcing this bullshit law should be in prison instead of him.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:23:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
http://dailycaller.com/2012/01/03/marine-faces-fifteen-years-behind-bars-for-unknowingly-violating-gun-law/

Ryan Jerome was enjoying his first trip to New York City on business when the former Marine Corps gunner walked up to a security officer at the Empire State Building and asked where he should check his gun.

The online gun-law information Jerome read was inaccurate,

I know he should have checked the laws better.  But this situation with carrying in NY is getting ridiculous.  It needs to go and the people of NY need to make sure it is changed.

Two people in 2 weeks and NY doesnt see an issue with their system?
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:23:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Sorry but the "I mis-read the gun laws"  thing does not pass the sniff test. Something odd about this one.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:26:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1272414_Marine_faces_15_years_for_unknowingly_violating_gun_law.html

Congratulations.  You just posted a link to this thread.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:31:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

bullfuckinshit

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top