User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:24:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Makes me proud.

great job,

Our Marines are among the most vicious and bravest fighters in the world today.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:40:45 AM EDT
[#2]

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:44:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Marine sniper teams are trained to be independent of infantry. They are truly trained to be lone rangers out there gathering intel you can't get any other way. I don't know how these guys are being employed, but odds are if you talked to them they would have some mighty good ideas on how to fix a lot of the problems we are seeing over there. They are hunters. Let em hunt.

Army sniper teams are too.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:47:16 AM EDT
[#4]
1 / 23 are some of my adoptasniper guys.

Chances are very good that some of the ARF donations helped them out personally. They came aboard adoptasniper about the same time I was posting heavy here for the effort.

WWW.ADOPTASNIPER.ORG
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:47:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:51:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Semper cool! Sounds like they got poped ne a-holes right between the eyes.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:54:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Article brings a tear to my eye. Proud of ya' Devil Dogs. Ooh-rah.

USMC '88-'94

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:58:28 AM EDT
[#8]
As it should be.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:03:50 AM EDT
[#9]
No words needed, results are undeniable.

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:04:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Marine sniper teams are trained to be independent of infantry. They are truly trained to be lone rangers out there gathering intel you can't get any other way. I don't know how these guys are being employed, but odds are if you talked to them they would have some mighty good ideas on how to fix a lot of the problems we are seeing over there. They are hunters. Let em hunt.

They aren't completely "independent of the infantry".
The STA Platoon acts as the Battalion's Recon element.
They go on missions to gather intell, and are Commanded by the Battalion Ground Intelligence Officer (0203).
Oh yeah, they are also tasked with killing.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:05:42 AM EDT
[#11]
COOL !!  
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:08:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Hit is northwest of Ramadi, on the way to the Syrian border but closer to Ramadi and Fallujah than Syria.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:13:45 AM EDT
[#13]
This is a fine example of our tax dollars well spent for once.
Excellent Job.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:17:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[One of my Marine buddies forwarded me an email he got from one of the guys in that SS platoon. His email included a bit more info regarding the "action".....The Marines effectively used the Barret (he called it a "SASR")  to engage insurgents through the cars

I'd pay good $$$ to see footage of that.

Muhammed thinking he's safe hiding behind a car....then WHAMMO!!!!!!! He's cut in half.

I asked my buddy to send an email to the guy in that STA platoon he's friends with, and see if he would mind me posting up the email he sent my buddy describing the action. As soon as he hears back and lets me know, I'll post it up for you all to read. It's good stuff. That will have to take the place of video footage.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:18:12 AM EDT
[#15]
after watching sniper on the history channel and reading about the lastest count here i just smile. i'm going to be 56, eyes are not the best and i'm not the biggest either at 132 lbs. must be nice to be young and have talent!
be well
maxwell
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:25:41 AM EDT
[#16]
AWESOME! GOOD JOB Marines! That would be cool if somehow they could get calling cards with a picture of pork being rubbed on the bullets to let the BGs know they are gonna be really screwed up when they get hit. Take care.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:26:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:35:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Now that Habibs got their poopers stuffed full of 7.62s, I hope someone remembered to take pictures.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:45:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Good story and kudos to our sniper teams.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:47:04 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Semper Fi.  Good job guys.  I am glad all the guys got out alive.  Do these guys also go out at night?  It would seem that would be a good time to get the bad guys planting IEDs and explosives.  Wouldnt it ruin their night it they got shot will trying to place the bombs?

[misterrogers]Can you say:NVG? Sure- I knew you could.[/misterrogers]

What a way to send these guys to the Land of Make Believe- 24/7....
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:48:54 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Fucking awesome.  

+1

The article should read "Marine Scout Snipers PWN Insurgents"

I bet the damn fools couldn't even see where the Marines were picking their asses off from.  Fish in a barrel.  Must have been a fun day for the snipers.  

Go Marines!! OOORAHH!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:56:08 AM EDT
[#22]
"Quick Achmed...the infidels are using cowardly snipers!  Hide behind car and shoot RGP when have chance!"

POW...CRUNCH...SPLAT!

"Achmed...ACHMED!"  Allah protect us...WHERE IS YOUR HEAD!

Semper Fi, Marines!

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:56:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Man, that gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling. Get some STA platoon!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:04:15 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I want a body count!

Darn near impossible to get an accurate number..................Don't they eat their dead?

I talked to a friend in Iraq about this very question.  He says they have some kind of religious beliefs about burying a Muslim within 24 hours of death, so the locals police up the bodies as fast as they can and try to bury them.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:00:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Tagged!

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:48:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Sorry if I missed it, but what kind of rifles were they using?

How many different types of sniper rifles are being used by Marines today?

Any good books on this subject?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:06:47 AM EDT
[#27]
smoke em if you got em
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:08:18 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They aren't completely "independent of the infantry".
The STA Platoon acts as the Battalion's Recon element.
They go on missions to gather intell, and are Commanded by the Battalion Ground Intelligence Officer (0203).
Oh yeah, they are also tasked with killing.

They are subject to command and control and work well with other units, but I was thinking more like they were used in Nam to get into the enemy's front yard and gather eyes on intel and zap important targets. They were not tied to the movements of an infantry unit but were allowed to basically go out and hunt.

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:55:23 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

From what I understand M40s and a Barrett M107.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:26:23 PM EDT
[#30]
deleted
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:09:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well done!!  Reminds me of another day when another Hancock held up an entire company for 3 days.  USMC - When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight.  

- Proud to be an AMERICAN, YJ

If you are referring to Calos Hathcock, he not only held them up, he and his spotter slaughtered them in three days.

You are correct sir!  Thank you for correcting my error.  I was referring to Sgt Hathcock and and his spotter Burke.  But, my sleep deprived mind missed the difference in spelling.  My sincere appologies to Gunnery Sargent Hathcock.

- a very YJ
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:21:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Anybody able to get their APO????.......send them a bunch a HOORAH for a job well done
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:32:12 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

M40A3s and the Barrett M107.

Good books? Marine Sniper is a MUST read.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:13:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Kinda gives me wood ....is that weird?

Bomber
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Anybody able to get their APO????.......send them a bunch a HOORAH for a job well done

No sweat ...

WWW.ADOPTASNIPER.ORG
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:36:10 PM EDT
[#36]
"Sean, TJ !

Great job in HIT.  Heard all about it. Guys at AR15.COM, Snipershide, etc. are all ramped up about it. Proud of you guys !

www.AR15.com
www.Snipershide.com

BK
www.adoptasniper.org"

... Done.

WWW.ADOPTASNIPER.ORG
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:22:50 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
1 / 23 are some of my adoptasniper guys.

Chances are very good that some of the ARF donations helped them out personally. They came aboard adoptasniper about the same time I was posting heavy here for the effort.

WWW.ADOPTASNIPER.ORG

Thanks for the link; what an incredible effort that site is putting forth!  I just went there and will go back when I can to help out more.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:47:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:48:26 PM EDT
[#39]
God Bless the Corp.

That is outfuckingstanding.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:57:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Nice!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:25:41 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I believe that sniper teams, well trained and briefed, and hooked into local intelligence on a real-time basis, and given orders to just get out there and HUNT DOWN THE BAD GUYS,  is probably the single best solution available to the problem of fighting a guerilla ("asymmetric", they call it) war.   Put enough teams in a given trouble spot and before long, the streets will be littered with dead terrorists who died,  panicked and confused,  but died with great precision.    

Snipers will prove themselves to be the most effective weapon we have in an urban environment.

CJ

+1
I agree 100%. The psychological effect of snipers on the enemy is well documented. Snipers will create terror in the terrorist. And I don't buy the argument that all insurgents/terrorists are so eager to sacrifice themselves. Correct me if I'm wrong, but most suicide attacks are carried out by young people who are more easily swayed by ideologue. An invisible enemy who strikes without warning in a "safe area" with precision is bound to cause some second guessing within the rank and file. All the better if the targets are the leaders. But what do I know. I'm just a tax paying civie.

-YJ
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:29:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Fkin A awesome-  that  rocks, I hope we can get some footage of this going down. Those are all foreign fighters coming in from Syria. Its nice to let them all bunch up in iraq and walk around out in the open. I dont know why people think its wrong with all the terrorists are pouring into Iraq. Its better that they are occupied and slaughter  by our soldiers and aircraft over there than having to fight them here on our soil.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top