User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 12:44:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Another good shoot.  This happened right down the road from me.  I actually bought a shotgun (sweet wood stock 1300 Defender 12) from a guy in the Cracker Barrel parking lot right next door to this IHOP a few months ago.  He had really good feedback on the other gun sight so I wasn't too concerned but I did exercise my right as a Texas to have a pistol in my car just in case.  I'm just patiently waiting for the great state of Texas to send me my CHL.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/Man_shot_during_Craigslist_transaction.html

By Valentino Lucio   - Express-News

A man, who attempted to make a Craigslist transaction, ended up shooting a would-be buyer Monday afternoon on the city's Northwest Side, officials said.

The 21-year-old buyer was shot twice in the left leg and was taken to Wilford Hall Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries. He faces charge of aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon after he tried to take the camera away from the seller, a police report states.

Neither the buyer, nor the seller were identified.

The shooting occurred around noon in the parking lot of an IHOP restaurant in the 120 block of Southwest Loop 410 near U.S. 151, the report states. The seller told police he placed a camera for sale on Craigslist and that he went to meet the alleged buyer at the IHOP parking lot. As the seller waited in his vehicle at the restaurant, he noticed the buyer and two other men in a car. When the seller called the assailant over to make the transaction, the buyer approached the vehicle with another man and demanded a camera, the report states. The 37-year-old seller saw the man lift his shirt to retrieve a weapon and that's when he pulled out a handgun and shot the assailant twice, the report states.

The assailant managed to make his way to a nearby Cracker Barrel restaurant where police found him. It is unknown if police found his weapon or the two other assailants.

It is likely the seller will not face any charges in the shooting, police said.  - gotta love Texas

It wont help you much there.

True.  But under Texas law I can't carry it on me until I have my CHL which I'm still waiting on.  It still could come in handy if they follow me home or when I arrive they attempt to truck jack me.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top