Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:05:56 AM EDT
[#1]
That reporting is absolutely atrocious.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:14:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:18:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Desecration of the body means more than just moving it.

Those fucking tweakers either hacked up that kid or burned her to try and get rid of the evidence.

In my opinion, that man has right rights of a father in this situation.   Were I in that situation, and lost something so central to what I live for, I might well visit my absolute vengence on that shitbird of a mother and her tweaker junkie boyfriend and then do my time for it.  

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:30:54 AM EDT
[#4]
My thoughts?  I think the system is biased toward the mom.  From what I can read in the news media(to be taken with a grain of salt sometimes), in the criminal justice system, "when in doubt give custody to the the mom."  In some cases, the mom doesn not have the child's interest in mind.  The judge usually tries very hard to keep the child out of the govt child protective services because usually it is better for the child, AND it costs the govt money.  This is a very sad day, but the govt can't be everywhere and every place.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:43:05 AM EDT
[#5]

How do you bring criminal charges against the judge and the prosecutor?

Dereliction of duty type of thing?

Their actions were DIRECTLY responsible for the death of the child

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:45:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Good question.  I don't know the answer.  It's like asking who should give a speeding police officer a ticket?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:51:05 AM EDT
[#7]
They [judges, etc] have to be held accountable somehow surely? Someone's the boss of them, right? If I was that baby's father (poor guy) I'd be inclined to start me a little crusade. The judge is as culpable in that baby's death as the so-called mother and her mutant asshole of a boyfriend.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:01:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Excellent question.  Who procecutes the procecutor?  Could this be negligent homocide, or at the very least reckless endangerment?

You hear stories all the time about "Oh, I'm scared of my X.  He owns a shotgun"  INSTANTLY a court order appears to confiscate any and all weapons, without  any  questions at all.

But a father says "My X is keeping my daughter in a FUCKING METH HOUSE"   A court order appears to send her back, without  any  questions at all.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:02:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If I was that baby's father (poor guy) I'd be inclined to start me a little crusade full scale war.  

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:04:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

If it were my kid, "Charges" would not be nessasary.  I would deal with it.  My way.  Not right away.  But soon.

Mark.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:38:01 AM EDT
[#11]
The vast majority of judges take their responsibilities very seriously when it comes to child endangerment cases. They can only work with the evidence that is presented to them that is allowed by the rules of evidence and state law. They don't have a crystal ball to look into the future when they decide a case.

There is very good reason why judges are immune to prosecution because of a bad outcome like occurred in this instance. If that was not the case there would not be anyone willing to sit on the bench.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:12:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The vast majority of judges take their responsibilities very seriously when it comes to child endangerment cases. They can only work with the evidence that is presented to them that is allowed by the rules of evidence and state law. They don't have a crystal ball to look into the future when they decide a case.

There is very good reason why judges are immune to prosecution because of a bad outcome like occurred in this instance. If that was not the case there would not be anyone willing to sit on the bench.  

I agree but in this case it seems to be a simple case of outright stupidity AND negligence.

Don't lawyers, doctors, etc get disbarred/lose their license for that
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:51:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

In my opinion, that man has right rights of a father in this situation.  

Ummm hmmm.   That is all I'll say about that.  

However it would be a moot point because I would be dead.... dead, not arrested, not detained, not in contempt, but dead, before that child went back to a meth house.  That would be the ONLY way she would ever be returned to that situation.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:23:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree but in this case it seems to be a simple case of outright stupidity AND negligence.

That's hard to say without reviewing all the associated reports, transcripts  of the proceedings and any testimony from witnesses that is on the record. Judges cannot personally investigate the cases that come before them. They have to rely heavily on the expertise and opinion's of the CPS workers, LEO's and expert witnesses that  present their findings in the case.

I pretty sure the judge is second guessing the decision he made in this case but it is doubtful that he acted in a negligent manner.  Society seems to think that LE and the justice system can cure the evils in society. They can't.    
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:27:21 AM EDT
[#15]
tag
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:40:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Not to sound like a bad ass, but I think I would have whacked the mother and boyfriend and done the time so my mother could have kept the child.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:45:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Would some one forward this thread to O'Reily at Fox News.
He has asked to be informed about things like this that happens to kids but my email will not do it.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:54:07 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Would some one forward this thread to O'Reily at Fox News.
He has asked to be informed about things like this that happens to kids but my email will not do it.
Thanks.

I hope you mean a link to the story and not a link to this thread.

www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=179592
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:00:53 PM EDT
[#19]
The second story this month about a jackass judge whose poor judgement resulted in children being harmed or killed.  Last week I recall reading about the judge releasing a convicted child molester (we all know they cannot be rehabilitated) who went on to rape a couple of young girls in his neighborhood.  What person, judge or otherwise, would give a baby to a mother addicted to meth?  The mother and her scumbag boyfriend should be tried for murder and the judge should be disbarred and "de-throned."  

God bless the father of that baby.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:03:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's hard to say without reviewing all the associated reports, transcripts  of the proceedings and any testimony from witnesses that is on the record. Judges cannot personally investigate the cases that come before them. They have to rely heavily on the expertise and opinion's of the CPS workers, LEO's and expert witnesses that  present their findings in the case.

I pretty sure the judge is second guessing the decision he made in this case but it is doubtful that he acted in a negligent manner.  Society seems to think that LE and the justice system can cure the evils in society. They can't.    

Glad you mention, it is THIS VERY REASON that the Judge (and the Prosecutor) thought they knew better.

Now they are both responsible for the death of the child.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:10:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for the link.
Just fowarded it to him.
What kind of world is this?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:18:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Venganc is a dish served cold!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:19:13 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Thanks for the link.
Just fowarded it to him.
What kind of world is this?

Let us know of the response (maybe he'll give you an air date or something)
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:36:57 PM EDT
[#24]

SSS - Repeat as needed each time someone immune from prosecution fucks up and gets an innocent killed.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:42:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Desecration of the body means more than just moving it.

Those fucking tweakers either hacked up that kid or burned her to try and get rid of the evidence.

I was wondering what that meant -  almost didn't want to know though.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top