Page / 61
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXWLgeHw7Mg

Looks like 3 people that should be working at a Sears
View Quote

Holy Short Videos Batman...a MAC video that isn't 20-25+ minutes long!  Then again, this was back before he added all the superfluous filler and fluff.

I find it interesting that he's also commented on several posts on his latest Pateron post about TYM calling out the gun rights group he helped "found", and yet when I asked about  why the guy who head it up contacted TYM and said, "if you have any questions, just ask", and TYM did, the guy then replied, "Cease and desist".  I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 3:38:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
MAC has been hardcore scrubbing his Instagram. An incomplete list of e-thots he followed. Tim is a super-simp.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/274532/Screenshot_20210323-022453_png-1876529.JPG

View Quote

????????????
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 8:33:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Got my SVD flash hider mounted today, had I know it was that easy I would have done it awhile ago.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 9:07:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 9:22:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Got my SVD flash hider mounted today, had I know it was that easy I would have done it awhile ago.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/54712/30E0DFB5-7C51-460D-8FBA-7050B10557D1_jpe-1886689.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2021 7:27:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

at the end of the day it won't matter.

nutnfancy was caught lying red handed and he's still making content.

hickock45 essentially got blackballed here, and he's doing just fine.

the majority of MAC's viewers have no idea about this controversy, don't care at all, or they think he's in the right.

i just find it telling he hasn't even publicly addressed the controversy after a couple weeks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Long time lurker, small time poster. Just stopped by to say that it looks like the Tim is HEAVILY screening the comment section on all his new vids... Weird

Yeah, the other day he uploaded a video about some PSA 9mm that takes Scorpion mags. I checked the comments section real.quick and the comments are all basically the same:

"Yet ANOTHER great video, THANKS MAC!!!!!"

and

"I've bought my last five guns bcuz of you, keep up the GREAT work Tim, THNX!!!!!!"

Shit like that. So it's pretty obvious that he spent a decent 72-96 hour chunk of time deleting, banning and blocking every user who even mentioned the SVD con. Only his nut-riders and ball-garglers are left.

at the end of the day it won't matter.

nutnfancy was caught lying red handed and he's still making content.

hickock45 essentially got blackballed here, and he's doing just fine.

the majority of MAC's viewers have no idea about this controversy, don't care at all, or they think he's in the right.

i just find it telling he hasn't even publicly addressed the controversy after a couple weeks.

Yup - this.   The people that get their gun information from YouTube aren't on forums like ARFCOM.   They're on Reddit.

Link Posted: 4/2/2021 7:34:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Newsflash any ffl with an internet connection right now loads pretty much anything neat or cool on Gunbroker right now.
View Quote

Not true. I know several ffls who just stopped gunbroker and went to guns.com.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 7:39:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

A good point was made earlier that it’s not like this means we have people plotting evil in a secret volcano lair, but to me it just highlights the massive potential for conflicts of interest in the YouTube review world that likes to present itself as independent.

Say you hate a product but the advertising networks who’ve previously hooked you up with some nice cash flow have gotten other reviewers to shill it. Maybe you don’t take the money to hawk it but at the same time also don’t actively criticize it to keep everyone happy.

I like the idea of doing stress / torture tests, not only because they’re fun to watch but also informative since it’s not something I’d ever do to my firearms, but if you have stake in a gunshop that has a financial interest in promoting a certain brand there’s certainly a temptation to engineer / edit a test to make one gun look like it passes with flying colors and another one fail miserably.

Bottom line, there’s a lot of money behind the scenes in this industry and lots of room for these guys to compromise themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/EgcB5I3-51.gif

Seriously, I never new that existed and to what end! For this thread, it honestly doesn’t surprise me. I always thought Tim was a cool guy until he started super promoting his MAC brand and such. Shame.

A good point was made earlier that it’s not like this means we have people plotting evil in a secret volcano lair, but to me it just highlights the massive potential for conflicts of interest in the YouTube review world that likes to present itself as independent.

Say you hate a product but the advertising networks who’ve previously hooked you up with some nice cash flow have gotten other reviewers to shill it. Maybe you don’t take the money to hawk it but at the same time also don’t actively criticize it to keep everyone happy.

I like the idea of doing stress / torture tests, not only because they’re fun to watch but also informative since it’s not something I’d ever do to my firearms, but if you have stake in a gunshop that has a financial interest in promoting a certain brand there’s certainly a temptation to engineer / edit a test to make one gun look like it passes with flying colors and another one fail miserably.

Bottom line, there’s a lot of money behind the scenes in this industry and lots of room for these guys to compromise themselves.

It's a fundamental problem with "influencers."

Doing torture tests without somebody else paying the bill isn't feasible.  Ammo is expensive normally, let alone at a time like this.  By nature, you also destroy the firearm in the process.   Sure, a headline of "GLOCK 100K RD TORTURE TEST!" sounds enticing, but bear in mind that's a $50k proposition.  

Brands just aren't going to sign up for this without KNOWING that the content creator is giving them a guarantee.  Why would they?  It's fraught with risk.  Marketing isn't in the business of taking massive risks with their brand, quite the opposite.

The influencer model that works best is finding some know-nothing gun thot with 3 months of firearms experience to prop her tits up for the camera and say whatever she's told to say.   Nobody expects consistency, or real opinions.   The rest are doomed to failure eventually as the growing compromise between real knowledge and shilling destroys the channel.

Link Posted: 4/2/2021 7:40:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 7:41:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Just when I thought this thread was going to die off, now it's going to the moon!
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 7:44:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Retag
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 8:17:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just when I thought this thread was going to die off, now it's going to the moon!
View Quote
I really can't believe how this whole thing is turning out. Stuff like this is either Yes: Approved by the ATF or No: Denied by the ATF, but here we are with plot twist after plot twist. Never in a million years would I have guessed at this
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 8:45:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Retag
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2021 9:10:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Alright, now its a party
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 9:17:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Well, I stand corrected.

If these have Izhmash stamps on “Lothar Walther” barrels, that’s pretty ballsy.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 9:46:18 AM EDT
[#18]
So, some tranny on AKFiles posts a picture of an allegedly “Russian” battery and you guys are all giddy imagining MAC packing for prison?

Lol.  This shit is funny, can’t deny that part.

Is this thread actually just an over stamped AKFiles thread that should’ve waited five years in their GD before being posted here?
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 9:53:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So, some tranny on AKFiles posts a picture of an allegedly "Russian" battery and you guys are all giddy imagining MAC packing for prison?

Lol.  This shit is funny, can't deny that part.

Is this thread actually just an over stamped AKFiles thread that should've waited five years in their GD before being posted here?
View Quote
The optic doesn't even matter, it has to be NPZ or Zenit anyway because no one else manufactures the PSO / POSP series, so no surprise there

It sounds like from the Files thread that there are lots of proof marks all over the gun that were covered up by FEG. I don't know, I don't have one myself to see but that's the rumor

Link Posted: 4/2/2021 9:59:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The optic doesn't even matter, it has to be NPZ or Zenit anyway because no one else manufactures the PSO / POSP series, so no surprise there

It sounds like from the Files thread that there are lots of proof marks all over the gun that were covered up by FEG. I don't know, I don't have one myself to see but that's the rumor

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, some tranny on AKFiles posts a picture of an allegedly "Russian" battery and you guys are all giddy imagining MAC packing for prison?

Lol.  This shit is funny, can't deny that part.

Is this thread actually just an over stamped AKFiles thread that should've waited five years in their GD before being posted here?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/2/2021 10:13:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So, some tranny on AKFiles posts a picture of an allegedly “Russian” battery and you guys are all giddy imagining MAC packing for prison?

Lol.  This shit is funny, can’t deny that part.

Is this thread actually just an over stamped AKFiles thread that should’ve waited five years in their GD before being posted here?
View Quote

Where has anyone posted a desire to see Tim in prison in this thread?

ATF import restrictions are fucking dumb.

ETA I see posts about it in the other thread.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 10:57:40 AM EDT
[#22]
If they are Russian parts that have been in Hungary for 10+ years it shouldn’t be a problem.

If they are new production Russian parts that were over stamped, that could be a serious problem.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 11:07:36 AM EDT
[#23]
It’s a shame to see this happen. I’ve always been suspicious of MAC and have questioned some of his content as being rigged or false, with some sort of smear agenda for monetary gain in mind. I was lambasted in other forums for years when I expressed this view. Tim has also made appearances in certain forums years ago bitching and complaining if someone posted an article from his site. He’s even mentioned other forums by name when they criticized him in the past for some of his shady videos.

People always said he’s a nice guy, he must be genuine, he’s pro 2a so he can be trusted. I wanted to believe this and in the last year have given him the benefit of the doubt because of his pro 2a work. I really just thought he was a business guy first and foremost, with a penchant for shady and dishonest marketing tactics. At the end of the day more power to him. Sad to be proven right, as this case clearly demonstrates.

I’ve held to the belief that screwing over gun owners in business is generally speaking a bad idea. Sellers who scam gun owners are the worst of the worst on this earth because they must not have any fear.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
People always said he’s a nice guy, he must be genuine, he’s pro 2a so he can be trusted.
View Quote

I've always been amazed at the passes that terrible people get from the gun community because "they're pro 2A!"  As if that's a pass to be a sh!tem.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 11:44:35 AM EDT
[#25]

ETA: I don’t know the dude who made this video, but I guarantee he’s never had sex with a woman.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 11:50:27 AM EDT
[#26]
oh wow, shit's lit!
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 11:58:51 AM EDT
[#27]
You think Tim is having a Good Friday or a Bad Friday?
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 1:17:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Okay, now I’m interested in following.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 1:31:53 PM EDT
[#29]
The AkForum.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 1:40:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Could go either way

If they really did sell all 50 of them they may end up laughing through all this because it won't be their fault if the ATF confiscates the rifles, assuming that they don't get dragged into the investigation as being part of knowingly bringing in Russian rifles. If they really are Russian, and the ATF decides to get involved it could get sticky for them until they can prove they had nothing to do with what was actually imported. Either way a knock from the ATF is something that no one should have to deal with, but they will have to be involved to some extent no matter what since they are the distributor and Tim has widely said they were the ones that put the deal together in the first place. That ego may get him in even more trouble still, assuming that the original list was real and Tim swooped in to steal the rifles at the last minute. If he really was involved from the beginning like he keeps claiming, and it was his deal from the start, he will definitely be answering a lot of questions from the ATF

What it sounds like is that Copper paid for all 100 rifles up front, got 50 in hand and sold some or all to people already and were getting ready to start selling the second batch. From the other thread it sounds like the first 100 have to be sold through Copper and Trident is still the importer, but FEG has implied they will find a new importer for the next big round of imports

But where are the second batch of 50? If Copper did paid for them and they turn out to be Russian guns, they are going to eat those themselves, so it looks like the ATF is going to make a lot of people, including Copper, have a really bad day. That second 50 is not entirely accounted for but overall it sounds like Copper paid for them already. I don't know any of the this for a fact, it's just speculation on my part based on being in this from the beginning and following the various threads as best I can

Link Posted: 4/2/2021 1:49:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Could go either way

If they really did sell all 50 of them they may end up laughing through all this because it won't be their fault if the ATF confiscates the rifles, assuming that they don't get dragged into the investigation as being part of knowingly bringing in Russian rifles. If they really are Russian, and the ATF decides to get involved it could get sticky for them until they can prove they had nothing to do with what was actually imported. Either way a knock from the ATF is something that no one should have to deal with, but they will have to be involved to some extent no matter what since they are the distributor and Tim has widely said they were the ones that put the deal together in the first place. That ego may get him in even more trouble still, assuming that the original list was real and Tim swooped in to steal the rifles at the last minute. If he really was involved from the beginning like he keeps claiming, and it was his deal from the start, he will definitely be answering a lot of questions from the ATF

What it sounds like is that Copper paid for all 100 rifles up front, got 50 in hand and sold some or all to people already and were getting ready to start selling the second batch. From the other thread it sounds like the first 100 have to be sold through Copper and Trident is still the importer, but FEG has implied they will find a new importer for the next big round of imports

But where are the second batch of 50? If Copper did paid for them and they turn out to be Russian guns, they are going to eat those themselves, so it looks like the ATF is going to make a lot of people, including Copper, have a really bad day. That second 50 is not entirely accounted for but overall it sounds like Copper paid for them already. I don't know any of the this for a fact, it's just speculation on my part based on being in this from the beginning and following the various threads as best I can

View Quote

If tim is a millionaire like some say here. Was is 150000 lost but no prison time. If he cares about his reputation, he’ll pay for the other 50 that got sold.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If tim is a millionaire like some say here. Was is 150000 lost but no prison time. If he cares about his reputation, he’ll pay for the other 50 that got sold.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Could go either way

How would he have any criminal exposure? The importer would be the only one who could be on the hook imo. The reputation bit is another thing all together.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 1:55:47 PM EDT
[#33]
I fucking called it towards the middle of the thread.

Link Posted: 4/2/2021 1:58:31 PM EDT
[#34]
I am not an HK fan or an HK VP9 fan but his review of the VP9 was extremely dumb. Sadly everyone took it to heart.

Link Posted: 4/2/2021 2:04:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Wow, speculate much?  I think Tim is a bit douchey.   He seems like a used car salesmen pushing these rifles and he sold his reputation in the process.

Having said that, everyone is jumping to some pretty bad assumptions.  We all know it's perfectly fine for them to use old Russian parts.  I'd say these rifles are actually more valuable if they did.

Despite that being perfectly likely, everyone is assuming FEG used new Russian parts and sold them into the US in violation of a whole shiy ton of laws?  Really guys?  I'd happily wager a good bit with anyone that these are legal old parts and everyone is overreacting.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 2:24:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Wow, speculate much?  I think Tim is a bit douchey.   He seems like a used car salesmen pushing these rifles and he sold his reputation in the process.

Having said that, everyone is jumping to some pretty bad assumptions.  We all know it's perfectly fine for them to use old Russian parts.  I'd say these rifles are actually more valuable if they did.

Despite that being perfectly likely, everyone is assuming FEG used new Russian parts and sold them into the US in violation of a whole shiy ton of laws?  Really guys?  I'd happily wager a good bit with anyone that these are legal old parts and everyone is overreacting.
View Quote
I hope you are right, but there are couple posts I remember reading on the Files thread implying the ATF denied the use of old Russian parts
Not sure if true but I don't recall anyone debunking it

The implication being these had to be built and sold as as 100% new production

At least one guy on the Files keeps insisting that they are 100% new parts but I don't know what he does or doesn't really know

I don't remember hearing FEG or PRDUBI confirm that though
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 2:27:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The implication being these are sold as as 100% new production

View Quote

From the first time I heard about these years ago, it was always "someone found a bunch of old parts" kind of thing.

I don't want to be the wet blanket on the torch and pitchfork party, but it just seems to me that the most likely scenario is they are just old Russian parts and everyone was upfront about them.

I mean, if you're gonna restamp a Russian part as Hungarian in violation of laws, wouldn't you do a much better job of cheating?  So these are either the worst criminals in world history or the interwebs are way out in front of their skis in this one.  I know which one I think is more likely.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 2:28:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/54712/30E0DFB5-7C51-460D-8FBA-7050B10557D1_jpe-1886689.JPG
View Quote

Hey bud these are selling now? I know about the whole alleged "russian" bullshit but I'm going to ignore that dipshit and just ask who's selling and how much? Sorry I haven't been reading the last 20 or so pages.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 2:32:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

From the first time I heard about these years ago, it was always "someone found a bunch of old parts" kind of thing.

I don't want to be the wet blanket on the torch and pitchfork, but it just seems to me that the most likely scenario is they are just old Russian parts and everyone was upfront about them.

I mean, if you're gonna restart a Russian part as Hungarian in violation of laws, wouldn't you do a much better job of cheating?  So these are either the worst criminals in world history or the interwebs are way out in front of their skis in this one.
View Quote
So thats what I always thought too and didn't have a problem with it if I were going to buy one

This whole thing that they are 100% new is very recent (at least for me) and I'm not sure how true it is

NOS parts makes the most sense by far and is how I understood it too
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 2:34:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Hey bud these are selling now? I know about the whole alleged "russian" bullshit but I'm going to ignore that dipshit and just ask who's selling and how much? Sorry I haven't been reading the last 20 or so pages.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a pre 94' Tiger.

100% Russian
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 2:35:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thats a Tiger, not the HD-18
He put a regular SVD flash hider on it like many people do to complete the look

Copper Customs is the only one that has the first 50

$7500 plus 25 shipping

Enjoy
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 5:31:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So thats what I always thought too and didn't have a problem with it if I were going to buy one

This whole thing that they are 100% new is very recent (at least for me) and I'm not sure how true it is

NOS parts makes the most sense by far and is how I understood it too
View Quote

My understanding was that a lot of the parts were NOS, but things like barrels and IIRC receivers had to be made new.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#43]
You all don’t really believe they ship in water from Fiji and the French Alps to sell to rich folk do you?  Guaranteed that shit us just tap water with a fancy label.  These lulu lemon crew gets their basements flooded either way
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 7:11:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's a fishy question
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Lol, how old is Tim?
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Who

fucking

cares

?

60 pages for this lame story, and that stupid looking rifle.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 10:20:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Who

fucking

cares

?

View Quote

Yawn
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 3:26:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Who

fucking

cares

?

View Quote

Yeah who would care about guns on a gun forum
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 4:28:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 5:07:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Well seeing how he's part of the same "Influencer Marketing" advertising company as MAC, I can't say I'm all that surprised he's not critical of the situation.  

https://www.leviathantribe.com/
View Quote
Strange I don't see Paul Harrell on that list.
Page / 61
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top