BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 8:28:51 AM EDT
[#1]
My Benelli doesn't like light loads either

It was an ex-LEO gun so maybe it needs a good refurb.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 8:36:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How is the muzzle climb on these in rapid fire?

Has anyone ported their barrel?

I wasn't able to rapid-fire mine the one chance I got to fire it, but I do recall that muzzle climb in regular fire wasn't all that bad. The recoil came straight back through the shoulder.

As for porting, I'm no expert on its usefullness, but I should warn folks looking at the newer M2 Tactical is set up for chokes, and brings three of them. I suspect you cannot port a choked shotgun even if you wanted to.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Mossberg has a shotty that has removable choke and is ported.  The ports are about 3" back from the muzzle to leave room for the threading.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 8:37:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I have been facinated with the Benellis since they came out when I was in high school.

But I have yet to own one.  Its dropped down my list after I discovered that slugs won't penetrate even a Level II concealment vest and that buckshot would still penetrate walls and that shotguns really need to be aimed just like a rifle even at close range.

So I bought a AR15.

Now getting a Benelli ranks behind getting a carbine upper for the AR and buying a 1911.

Also I don't go bird hunting much anymore, since I don't own a dog and dont know anyone who does right now.  And I have no intention of getting a hunting dog myself because I cannot take time to keep it in training.  Because of that the "dual use" feature of shotguns has been reduced for me- plus I still have the H&R 20 ga I got when I was 12, so its not like I have NOTHING to take if someone invites me out to shoot clays or go bird hunting again.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 8:41:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Wolff Springs makes a light loads recoil spring, although mine works fine with anything I've ever tried.  As others have mentioned, make sure you don't have too much crap hanging on it.  Limit add-ons to one thing only and you should be fine.

I now have two Benellis, I prefer them to anything else.  (My first M1S90 was $400, the second was $150 plus a Mossberg 590.)  I do get rid of the pistol grip stocks though.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 8:44:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Shit, if I could find a Benelli for some of the prices you guys are quoting, I'd skip to buying it anyway!  

Why cant I ever find someone who doesn't know how much their gun is worth?
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 8:57:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Get both: M3 Super 90.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 9:01:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I never thought I would spend that much on a shotgun. I know I couldn't for one that's only perk was tacticool factor. Then I met the Benelli Montefeltro. And it was good.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 9:09:08 AM EDT
[#8]
If it is giving you problems
take the mainspring in the stock out of its tube and clean it 95% of benelli problems can be solved this way

If it is a little used gun many Bennelis just need some break in to run light loads

I agree the shell release button thing is  kinda dumb but seems to be a  Italian thing Beretta and some franchis are the same way . I think it is a safety issue as you are not running rounds through the chamber to unload it

The proper way to  load a benelli anyway is just drop a round into the ejection port to chamber a round

to unload  reach inside  the loading port to press the shell stop to get the rounds out of the magazine from the bottom and unload the gun
you should do this on any shotgun as it keeps your ammo from getting chewed up and you are not chambering rounds while unloading
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 9:38:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mine has a mag extention. Though I'm sure all Benellis can still do it.

You bought the ugly black one, I bought the pretty one with the figured walnut and two tone receiver...

Mine gets more girls....

I'm married so I have the luxury of not giving a shit if my Benelli is a chick magnet or not.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 10:30:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Mossberg has a shotty that has removable choke and is ported.  The ports are about 3" back from the muzzle to leave room for the threading.

Really?

You learn something new every day. I didn't think having porting that far back would be effective.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 10:30:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Why cant I ever find someone who doesn't know how much their gun is worth?

Ain't it the truth.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 10:38:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I would really like to have one but I am not willing to pay 1K for a 12ga

I paid $600 for mine from someone here that had it sitting in his safe for a long time w/ only 50 rounds through it.

I paid $600 for mine brand new. $1100 is a joke.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My Benelli doesn't like light loads either

It was an ex-LEO gun so maybe it needs a good refurb.

Mine runs fine on light target loads, but it didn't the first time that I shot it. I have heard that M1S90s sometimes need a break in period. Maybe your gun never got shot by the cop who had it?

Also, if you have the pistol grip, it is possible that you can hold the gun too steady on light loads and the inertial system won't cycle. Try relaxing a little when you shoulder the gun.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 11:38:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Lucky bastard. I've never seen a new one for less than $900. I paid $975 for my new M2 Tactical here in Miami last week. I know the ex-wife paid around that much for the M1S90 back in 1999.

$1100 is nuts for a used one unless it's loaded with extras, and GOOD ones.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 11:39:37 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really?

You learn something new every day. I didn't think having porting that far back would be effective.

Thanks!
With a 24-26"bbl it is, esp when you are talking about using 3 1/2" magnum turkey loads.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 1:52:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I paid $600 for mine from someone here that had it sitting in his safe for a long time w/ only 50 rounds through it.

That's several hundered below my dealer price. Love to know where you are buying NIB Benellis for $600.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 3:12:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's several hundered below my dealer price. Love to know where you are buying NIB Benellis for $600.

I just checked my receipt, and I was a bit off. I paid $699. This was in November 2004.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 4:03:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just checked my receipt, and I was a bit off. I paid $699. This was in November 2004.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/benelli_defense.html
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where?
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:44:39 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where?

Firing Line in Aurora, CO. If I remember correctly, it was some sort of special sale. I went in with a friend who was looking for a pistol and I had no intention of buying anything, but I saw that deal and had to jump on it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 7:00:54 AM EDT
[#21]
I loved mine, but a new baby came along and I had bills so it went bye-bye.

I'll eventually get another, the chamber load feature and speed were amazing.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top