Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 7:10:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Still with functional armor plates ?

Looks like the Stillbrew armor was removed but I can;t think of why they would mess with the actual turret metal.
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 10:09:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How do wI contact him?  seriously.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Email him.

better yet, contact David Wang directly and buy it from him. www.armytrucks.com or something like that

Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like the Stillbrew armor was removed but I can;t think of why they would mess with the actual turret metal.

That's not the big problem with these vehicles. Leyland L60, it's a nightmare to work on and not very reliable.
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 10:24:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Chieftain is a very large tank and almost impossible to transport b/c it is over the acceptable road going cargo widths. You have to have special permits to transport them for every county you cross. If you look hard enough you will find some for sale in the $30-40K range. I wouldn't buy one though.

The guys selling this M1Abrams clone do have the necessary permits to drive through every state coast to coast so they could get it to you but then once you get it your on your own. This would be great if you owned a lot of land and were planning on just driving it around on it but yea shipping it to an event can cost $6k+ and up just one way...

Drive the tank on the roads?

Not going to work...

Beyond the damage done to the roads, fuel and spare parts would be prohibitive...

You absolutely have to flat-bed something like this...

Link Posted: 7/7/2010 10:25:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry to hijack, but could someone direct me to dealers who sell M113s? Thanks.

In b4 the Gavin shitstorm...

Why would that happen?

Someone who doesn't know about Sparky will call the shitbox 'Gavin'...

Link Posted: 7/7/2010 10:32:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Now that would get attention trolling around in Southern AZ.

Not the kind you'd want, if it caused any trouble for the cartels...

Where there's one... There are many...

And your tank may look like an M1, but it's not - not armored as well, and doesn't have a working main gun...

Not the sort of thing to go picking a fight with a force that holds it's own against an entire national military/police organization....

Link Posted: 7/7/2010 10:32:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I see T-55's and T-72's around for about the same price, which would probably be a better deal since parts are going to be alot cheaper on a combloc tank.

Im down for a T-72 if midway has 125mm brass...
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 10:55:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Sorry to hijack, but could someone direct me to dealers who sell M113s? Thanks.

In b4 the Gavin shitstorm...

Why would that happen?

Someone who doesn't know about Sparky will call the shitbox 'Gavin'...

just how much old shit do you work on/does your unit maintain Dave? I have heard of ANG having some old shit.... so am curious.
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 11:23:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Now that would get attention trolling around in Southern AZ.

Not the kind you'd want, if it caused any trouble for the cartels...

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h222/linedoggie/RPG-7V.jpg

Where there's one... There are many...

And your tank may look like an M1, but it's not - not armored as well, and doesn't have a working main gun...

Not the sort of thing to go picking a fight with a force that holds it's own against an entire national military/police organization....

Except the Mexican military isn't using heavy armor on the drug cartels. The bigger issue would be a single tank running around without a sizeable infantry complement to help screen it.

RPGs aren't the easiest or best way to disable a tank, even a Cheiftain.
Link Posted: 7/8/2010 12:06:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I should buy it. Cash out and watch the movie Tank and then go at it and make the ultimate use of the 2nd amendmant.
Link Posted: 7/8/2010 12:24:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Cool mockups, bet the mechanical work is a b*tch!, but it would be a killer conversation piece to own.
Link Posted: 7/8/2010 12:33:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I  don't think there's an armor demill requirement, only a demill requirement relating to the main cannon (as it's a DD and in some cases imported). This specific guy HAS sold tanks with functional main guns, one that I salivated over was a m113 APC w/ a bushmaster 20mm chain gun (that was registered and G2G).

I'm down if it's in running condition? we can park it outside a polling station during the 2012 Elections and surely we won't have any issues, afterall, what's good for the Black Panthers is good for?  

He always notes if it's non-functional, and he states clearly they're 100% in working order. Although i'm betting the main gun has been demilled.

The Bushmaster is a 25mm.
How was the 20mm mounted? I'd be really interested to see a -113 with a 20mm, especially if it was a retrofit of a turret from a -114.

Also, can the Chieftains be converted back to Chieftains?
I was wrong, I was able to recover the APC description.

"A beautiful M114 , fully restored and complete with the M139 Gun , 20MM .     It has a Title and is completely legal , garage kept and has never set out .     It is definitely one of the finest and most complete I have seen . " I guess I assumed it was a bushmaster ,it appears it was a compeditor to the bushmaster cannon that failed trials.

Doubt it. The M139 (which was originally made by Hispano-Suiza before Oerlikon Contraves bought them out) wasn't a chain gun at all, and predates the Bushmaster by at least a few years. Before the Army settled on the Bradley, they looked at the XM800 scout vehicles, the AIFV (which looks like the lovechild of a Bradley and an M113), and probably something else I'm forgetting. By that point, the 20mm cannons were pretty mature tech-wise, and the desire for 25mm was a chance to design a brand new gun.
Link Posted: 7/8/2010 1:31:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I  don't think there's an armor demill requirement, only a demill requirement relating to the main cannon (as it's a DD and in some cases imported). This specific guy HAS sold tanks with functional main guns, one that I salivated over was a m113 APC w/ a bushmaster 20mm chain gun (that was registered and G2G).

I'm down if it's in running condition? we can park it outside a polling station during the 2012 Elections and surely we won't have any issues, afterall, what's good for the Black Panthers is good for?  

He always notes if it's non-functional, and he states clearly they're 100% in working order. Although i'm betting the main gun has been demilled.

The Bushmaster is a 25mm.
How was the 20mm mounted? I'd be really interested to see a -113 with a 20mm, especially if it was a retrofit of a turret from a -114.

Also, can the Chieftains be converted back to Chieftains?
I was wrong, I was able to recover the APC description.

"A beautiful M114 , fully restored and complete with the M139 Gun , 20MM .     It has a Title and is completely legal , garage kept and has never set out .     It is definitely one of the finest and most complete I have seen . " I guess I assumed it was a bushmaster ,it appears it was a compeditor to the bushmaster cannon that failed trials.

Doubt it. The M139 (which was originally made by Hispano-Suiza before Oerlikon Contraves bought them out) wasn't a chain gun at all, and predates the Bushmaster by at least a few years. Before the Army settled on the Bradley, they looked at the XM800 scout vehicles, the AIFV (which looks like the lovechild of a Bradley and an M113), and probably something else I'm forgetting. By that point, the 20mm cannons were pretty mature tech-wise, and the desire for 25mm was a chance to design a brand new gun.

M163 is the one you want.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top