BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:49:35 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Don't be surprised if lawyers from the EEOC come and pay a visit. You violated numerous lawswith the testing procedure not to mention the fact when she finds out she was the only one tested.

Uh, what?

All candidates will be getting the same test.   EEOC compliance only becomes an issue if I tested only women, or  Hispanics, Irish, green men from Mars, etc.

Wrong. Good common sense answer, but wrong.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:00:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, I didn't know what a pivot table was either.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:00:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Don't be surprised if lawyers from the EEOC come and pay a visit. You violated numerous lawswith the testing procedure not to mention the fact when she finds out she was the only one tested.

Uh, what?

All candidates will be getting the same test.   EEOC compliance only becomes an issue if I tested only women, or  Hispanics, Irish, green men from Mars, etc.

I am "involved" with professional interview instruction, we do not give tests.  The questions discussed are of character situation reactions.  By law, tests can be construded as discrimatory in nature if they are not evenly applied.  It sounds like you cleared your earlier comments with the statement above.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:19:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I used to get this all the time when helping the employment dept at work.  People don't expect tests.

I've busted 2 "qualified" CAD operator candidates in the last 6 weeks the same way.    

Don't get me started on CAD operators!  I work for a GC and I know more about CAD than most of the architects & engineers that give me drawings.  Layers, motherfucker, L-A-Y-E-R-S!

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:34:33 AM EDT
[#5]
The people who claim they know things like MS Office yet still don't absolutely fucking amaze me.  How frickin' hard is it to buy a book, or gee, look in help and run through the tutorials.  Problem solved.  Of course, 90% of the population probably doesn't own any books and has a 7th grade reading level so that's why.  Naturally, they can tell you exactly what happened on (insert sitcom of choice, I don't watch TV) last night..................we're fucking doomed.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:12:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I see there is still a lingering "fake it 'til you make it" attitude out there.  The IT field is full of folks with that attitude.

True like a mofo.  then we got to pick up the slack for these money whores...
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Congrats for not falling into the trap she set.

Damn Wedge I am still laughing about this one!!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top