Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/30/2009 12:25:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
I own my own company and have not a damn thing to thank the Unions for regarding MY success! I am fair to my employees because it is the right thing to do not because some fucking union told me to or tries to make me be. Unions breed sloth and perceived entitlement and have no place in the 21st century.
Quoted:

Quoted:
If you enjoy two days off from work every week you owe a thank you to Unions.

If you enjoy a 40 hour work week you owe a thank you to the Unions.

If you enjoy time and a half pay for overtime worked you owe a thank you to the Unions.

If you have ever been injured on the job and needed workmans comp or other work related injury insurance to help pay the bills while you recovered you owe a thank you to Unions.

If your workplace is mostly free of discrimination or intimidation from company owners, managers, and peers you owe a thank you to the Unions.

If you benefit from the improvements in workplace safety that have occured over the last 100 years you owe a thank you to the Unions.

Many non-union members today enjoy benefits that only exist because individual working men banded together, formed Unions, paid their dues, and fought for improved working conditions that most all of us now benefit from.

If you really hate Unions then man up and give all of those benefits away.

This.

If employers do as you do, then unions probably aren't needed.  Unfortunately not all employers are like you.  You are to be commended, sir.

The generalizations and silly anti union anecdotes here are laughable.

There are plenty of unionized companies that are, and continue to be very profitable, their employees work hard, and understand that both the employer and employee have a vested interest in the continued success of the company.  The idea that union members want to see their employer fail is incredibly naive and stupid.

I don't believe they want to see the company fail, but I believe that many Union members are too obtuse to realize that many of their demands will cause a company to fail. A contract requires two parties. When a company fails, it is usually the result of many factors, including bad management.

The fact is that millions of union members have given back pay and benefits to help their employers survive because all have a vested interest in success.  Unions do not manage the company.  Management does. Employees carry out the management plan. No single party causes failure. But bad management causes failure regardless of whether there is a union in place.

Agreed?

Agreed. Never said management cant/wont. But self-serving unions with unreasonable expectations can also make a company non-competitive and ultimately fail. Agreed?
Link Posted: 6/30/2009 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I own my own company and have not a damn thing to thank the Unions for regarding MY success! I am fair to my employees because it is the right thing to do not because some fucking union told me to or tries to make me be. Unions breed sloth and perceived entitlement and have no place in the 21st century.

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you enjoy two days off from work every week you owe a thank you to Unions.

If you enjoy a 40 hour work week you owe a thank you to the Unions.

If you enjoy time and a half pay for overtime worked you owe a thank you to the Unions.

If you have ever been injured on the job and needed workmans comp or other work related injury insurance to help pay the bills while you recovered you owe a thank you to Unions.

If your workplace is mostly free of discrimination or intimidation from company owners, managers, and peers you owe a thank you to the Unions.

If you benefit from the improvements in workplace safety that have occured over the last 100 years you owe a thank you to the Unions.

Many non-union members today enjoy benefits that only exist because individual working men banded together, formed Unions, paid their dues, and fought for improved working conditions that most all of us now benefit from.

If you really hate Unions then man up and give all of those benefits away.

This.

If employers do as you do, then unions probably aren't needed.  Unfortunately not all employers are like you.  You are to be commended, sir.

The generalizations and silly anti union anecdotes here are laughable.

There are plenty of unionized companies that are, and continue to be very profitable, their employees work hard, and understand that both the employer and employee have a vested interest in the continued success of the company.  The idea that union members want to see their employer fail is incredibly naive and stupid.

I don't believe they want to see the company fail, but I believe that many Union members are too obtuse to realize that many of their demands will cause a company to fail. A contract requires two parties. When a company fails, it is usually the result of many factors, including bad management.

The fact is that millions of union members have given back pay and benefits to help their employers survive because all have a vested interest in success.  Unions do not manage the company.  Management does. Employees carry out the management plan. No single party causes failure. But bad management causes failure regardless of whether there is a union in place.

Agreed?

Agreed. Never said management cant/wont. But self-serving unions with unreasonable expectations can also make a company non-competitive and ultimately fail. Agreed?

Agreed.

Link Posted: 6/30/2009 5:01:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Most have never been there,most have never done that. Freaks.    
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top