Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:42:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Entertaining movie.

Anti-gun highlights:

1)  Mini-Uzi is somehow quieter than other guns.  In fact, you can shoot a man with a mini-Uzi and no one in the next room would hear it.  

2)  The U.S. military leaves all of its guns in large heaps in foreign countries because the cost of shipping them is more than buying new ones.  

3)  Guns are sold by the pound in some cases.  

4)  Glocks can go through airport metal detectors.  

5)  There are more gun stores in the U.S. than there are McDonald's.  

6)  The U.S. is the root of all evil and the chief weapons supplier and cause of mayhem to the world.  

1.  He was selling it with a "next generation supressor".  And it was all sales hype.

2.  Yeah, that was bizarre.

3.  In some of these 3rd world countries, I would not be surprised.

4.  Actually, he was joking.  He said "some people believe you can take it through a metal detector, but I wouldn't try it myself" or something like that.

5.  I think you're misquoting.

6.  I believe the US IS the largest supplier of weapons to the world.  If you consider all of them.  Which character in the movie said we were the cause of all mayhem. I missed that part.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:58:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Entertaining movie.

Anti-gun highlights:

1)  Mini-Uzi is somehow quieter than other guns.  In fact, you can shoot a man with a mini-Uzi and no one in the next room would hear it.  

2)  The U.S. military leaves all of its guns in large heaps in foreign countries because the cost of shipping them is more than buying new ones.  

3)  Guns are sold by the pound in some cases.  

4)  Glocks can go through airport metal detectors.  

5)  There are more gun stores in the U.S. than there are McDonald's.  

6)  The U.S. is the root of all evil and the chief weapons supplier and cause of mayhem to the world.  

1.  He was selling it with a "next generation supressor".  And it was all sales hype.

2.  Yeah, that was bizarre.

3.  In some of these 3rd world countries, I would not be surprised.

4.  Actually, he was joking.  He said "some people believe you can take it through a metal detector, but I wouldn't try it myself" or something like that.

5.  I think you're misquoting.

6.  I believe the US IS the largest supplier of weapons to the world.  If you consider all of them.  Which character in the movie said we were the cause of all mayhem. I missed that part.

1. Agree, sales hype

2. There is some truth to this...look at the shit we left in Vietnam, there is also a lot of equipment even now, that guys bring home with them, because it is more trouble to get it back in the system than to shitcan it. That might have been a bit exagerated I'm sure...but then again he paid of that Marine officer....who was working in behest of the Gov....so maybe it was all just part of the plan...

3. Absolutely, they are....you think Century buys shit by the piece, those big ass pallets are sold by the pound....probably more accurate than counting...afterall, if a pallet weighs 1000 pounds, and each gun weigh nominally 10 lbs, then there is approx. 100 guns on the pallet....

4. He said some people say...but he advised against it...

5. Hyperbole

6. Between China, Russia, and the US, we are the big three for supplying weapons.

That all said, there was definitley a few anti-gun jabs, apparently a lot of the info in the supplements is way off.

Again, I found it a fun and entertaining movie...looks like a cool job....
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:17:19 PM EDT
[#3]
All you "Cage sucks" guys go rent Raising Arizona.  One of the best movies ever.  Really.

As for the movie, I liked it ok, until the rant at the end, and the BS epilouge text.  That put me in a rather foul mood.  But there was some cool stuff in there.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:54:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just watched it about a hour and a half ago.

It was mostly about the messed up world we live in, and a guy that sells guns,
takes avantage of that fact.

It really was a "guns don't kill people, fucked up warlords and people do"

They had machette scenes that brought that fact home.

GM

True! Some folks in this world flat out don't need guns(or anything else that can make a conflict,that includes anyone in Africa,hell,that place can't even be trusted with a butterknife).
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top