Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#1]
It went down smooth but it had a nutty finish which I didnt like! I give it a 4/10

My advice to you friend...........since I love Samquantch! Go get yourself a skill that is in demand! To hell with kolledge! Skills is where its at! Find something you like, train for it, go kick some ass and laydown some serious Bigfoot pipe!

Ohhh and page two is mine motherfuckers!

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 5:58:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Careful bro, arfcom takes a very dim view of those who speak ill of businesses.
They can do no wrong so STFU and go grovel for another job peasant.

Fuckin Ne!!!

Business does NO Wrong––In the Fantasy Free Market System of Arfcom!!!  

So Suck it Up and Get a Real Job Soldier!!!

ETA:  Don't be a Whiner...lol

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 5:59:21 PM EDT
[#3]
About 15   years ago I took a part time job for peanuts. I took it not for the money, but for chump change and something constructive to do.

The deal was that I would work for them while I was off. I was working a 3 weeks on/off schedule.

The first 3 went OK and about halfway through my second tour they started pressuring me to quit my regular job to work for them with a big to-do about how they needed a guy full time yada yada yada and what good, generous guys they were.

When I asked them if they could even come close to what I was making at my regular job he told me that NOBODY paid that kind of money. When I fished a pay stub out of my wallet he went agape.

Then he threatened to fire me. (Big deal.It meant little to me.)

So I walked out and then told the rest of the people I had met that the outfit I was working for was hiring and several employees applied, got hired and quit him.

When I took the job I was VERY up front about things and he seemed glad to have me. I finally figured out why.

He had selective hearing and heard what he wanted to and not what I said. He wanted to hear that I was willing to work full time for peanuts and quit a high paying job to do so after I had told him I was looking for part time work.

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 6:01:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 6:07:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
About 15   years ago I took a part time job for peanuts. I took it not for the money, but for chump change and something constructive to do.

The deal was that I would work for them while I was off. I was working a 3 weeks on/off schedule.

The first 3 went OK and about halfway through my second tour they started pressuring me to quit my regular job to work for them with a big to-do about how they needed a guy full time yada yada yada and what good, generous guys they were.

When I asked them if they could even come close to what I was making at my regular job he told me that NOBODY paid that kind of money. When I fished a pay stub out of my wallet he went agape.

Then he threatened to fire me. (Big deal.It meant little to me.)

So I walked out and then told the rest of the people I had met that the outfit I was working for was hiring and several employees applied, got hired and quit him.

When I took the job I was VERY up front about things and he seemed glad to have me. I finally figured out why.

He had selective hearing and heard what he wanted to and not what I said. He wanted to hear that I was willing to work full time for peanuts and quit a high paying job to do so after I had told him I was looking for part time work.

Because of my family and housing commitments, I'm having to juggle a careful balance between wage, hours, shift schedule, and commute distance / gas costs.  If I have to drive too far, I don't break even.  If I can't work around when my son goes to and gets out of school, I spend more on childcare than I make and I... don't break even.  If I'm only getting 20 hours a week and there's not enough time for me to find a second part-time job, I don't break even.

Basically, I need something within 30 minutes drive that's paying at least $13 per hour.

Everything within 60 minutes of here is either part time minimum wage, requires certifications in skills I don't have, or is upper corporate.

I can't move, my wife has to stay within a 20-minute call-in distance of her job (our only family income at the moment).

I think I will burn things instead.  Fire makes problems better.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 6:20:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Same experience. Drove an hr and a half to Portland to interview for a job in my field that was advertised it as an "entry level" position. When I got there everyone including myself was dressed nice except for one older guy. He was in old jeans and a flannel shirt.

During the interview they told me it wasn't an entry level position and they seemed detached during the interview, like they didnt care.  They had given us randome numbers and told everyone after the interview to go back to the hotel waiting area. At a certain time, a few hrs later, they said they'd post the winners number on the door, and only that person could go back in for the hiring process. Guess whos number was posted

The rest of us had no doubt they already picked someone beforhand and had an interview process for HR purposes. Waste of time. I was pissed, wanted to play jumprope with someones intestines too.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 8:39:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Hmmmm...I'll give it an 8.5/10

The profanity was well laced, CAPS and Different font size was overkill though...and it tends to distance the reader.

So I guess you didn't get the job huh? Oh well..."Occupy the parking lot and burn this mutha fucka down!!!"

KA

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 8:42:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Was this one of those Cydcor/Innovage/DS-Maxx companies who told you you would work in "Sports Marketing" or Marketing for a fortune 500 company, only to find out that you were doing door to door sales Business to Consumer or Business to Business on commission?

If so, please PM me.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 7:43:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Was this one of those Cydcor/Innovage/DS-Maxx companies who told you you would work in "Sports Marketing" or Marketing for a fortune 500 company, only to find out that you were doing door to door sales Business to Consumer or Business to Business on commission?

If so, please PM me.

No, this was an established national / regional staffing company working on behalf of an established international heavy industry company with local facilities in my area.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 8:10:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Same experience. Drove an hr and a half to Portland to interview for a job in my field that was advertised it as an "entry level" position. When I got there everyone including myself was dressed nice except for one older guy. He was in old jeans and a flannel shirt.

During the interview they told me it wasn't an entry level position and they seemed detached during the interview, like they didnt care.  They had given us randome numbers and told everyone after the interview to go back to the hotel waiting area. At a certain time, a few hrs later, they said they'd post the winners number on the door, and only that person could go back in for the hiring process. Guess whos number was posted

The rest of us had no doubt they already picked someone beforhand and had an interview process for HR purposes. Waste of time. I was pissed, wanted to play jumprope with someones intestines too.

Sorry.

More than once I've walked in in jeans and a polo, interviewed, and gotten hired around a bunch of people who thought a suit and a tie made them "suitable" (pun not intended, but now that I see it... )
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top