Upstate looks pretty liberal to me.

2016 Senate results:
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:06:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:08:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:13:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I ran into a guy there the other day who forgot about his G19 with a full capacity magazine.  He was a tad nervous about it, only 28 miles inside enemy territory though (Chataqua County).  He put it in his trunk.  Not sure what kind of bullshit the stupid safe act would have tied him up with?  He has a CCW permit but of course NY doesn't honor it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:15:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i was up in the plattsburgh area last month. i left a pic for the penguin that i was sure he would recognize. i went to high school with the older son of the owner of that gun shop.
View Quote
Did you visit Marvin and Mary at Vann's?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:18:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:20:37 PM EDT
[#7]
upstate NY is beautiful. It's truly disgusting how major cities fuck up an entire state. 
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:23:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I ran into a guy there the other day who forgot about his G19 with a full capacity magazine.  He was a tad nervous about it, only 28 miles inside enemy territory though (Chataqua County).  He put it in his trunk.  Not sure what kind of bullshit the stupid safe act would have tied him up with?  He has a CCW permit but of course NY doesn't honor it.
View Quote
He would be in a world of shit. They don't recognize FOPA. They don't recognize out of state permits. They don't grant out of staters permits. 

This shit really needs to be dealt with. You can't get from VT, NH ot ME out west without going through NY and potentially getting screwed hard. 

I can't stand NY Gun Laws. I don't live there anymore but grew up there and have a lot of family acreage that I used to shoot on all the time. Now I don't bother. I guess they won. 

Their awb was a slight nusance but now its nuts. The pistol laws are just pure insanity though. 
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:23:30 PM EDT
[#9]
My dad is from that area, specifically Cheshire. Also lived in Canandaigua and Geneva. He got sent to Vietnam and I think that's when he realized he hated the cold. Moved to CA and only went back to bury his mom. I'm going to show him this thread. Maybe it will convince him to visit again
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:24:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Lol "tad nervous" should have chucked the mag in the woods if he had any sense. 
View Quote
l read that he had the pistol as well. Should have tossed that in the woods too. 
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:26:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:28:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Okay NYC guy
View Quote
I work with people from all over upstate NY.  Areas include Syracuse, Buffalo, Rochester, Albany, and Binghamton.  All claim to be "republican", but most think owning an AR15 is borderline insane.  They love Chuck Schumer and the equally liberal Peter King.  4 of the 6 who discussed the presidential election with me told me they voted for Hillary.  Mine are just anecdotal examples, but it seems to support that NY has a liberal political slant far outside of NYC.  

NY has some beautiful areas; my family has a summer home near Alexandria Bay on the St. Lawrence River.  It's a shame that NY is such a lost cause politically and in terms of opposing individual liberty.  I feel a little dirty spending my money there.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:31:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

There's a few more laws than that, don't be disingenuous. I mean, you guys can't even have a trailer hitch in the receiver without a trailer attached and not get pulled over. It's still beautiful country, and the cities have a lot of history that intrigue me.
View Quote
I've never pulled anyone over for that, but then you're referring to an obstructed plate because of the ball. I'm sure we aren't the only state where that might be enforced.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:35:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Faggot ass gun laws
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:39:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:46:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sure, Hillary's really popular in Alex Bay. You should go out some weekend outside of tourist season and tell everyone in the bars that are still open that you're a big Hillary supporter.

Peter King is a Representative from Long Island but some guy from Buffalo loves him? No one from those upstate areas ever voted for Peter King. They love some guy from the other end of the state they never voted for? Weird. Course you found a Republican from Albany so anything is possible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I work with people from all over upstate NY.  Areas include Syracuse, Buffalo, Rochester, Albany, and Binghamton.  All claim to be "republican", but most think owning an AR15 is borderline insane.  They love Chuck Schumer and the equally liberal Peter King.  4 of the 6 who discussed the presidential election with me told me they voted for Hillary.  Mine are just anecdotal examples, but it seems to support that NY has a liberal political slant far outside of NYC.  

NY has some beautiful areas; my family has a summer home near Alexandria Bay on the St. Lawrence River.  It's a shame that NY is such a lost cause politically and in terms of individual liberty.  I feel a little dirty spending my money there.
Sure, Hillary's really popular in Alex Bay. You should go out some weekend outside of tourist season and tell everyone in the bars that are still open that you're a big Hillary supporter.

Peter King is a Representative from Long Island but some guy from Buffalo loves him? No one from those upstate areas ever voted for Peter King. They love some guy from the other end of the state they never voted for? Weird. Course you found a Republican from Albany so anything is possible.
Driving to A-Bay and seeing the signs and bumper stickers was quite entertaining last election cycle.  

Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:52:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
These guys see King on FNC every 5 minutes and say they like him.  I'm not sure what to tell you, I never said they voted for him.  

What color is Jefferson Co NY on the largely blue map at the top of this page?  Looks like I'd be safe if I said I was big Schumer supporter to the locals in A-Bay.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:56:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Born and raised in New York. Spent the first half century there. Lots of good memories and some great people there. That said no freedom no real life. Better climate class three level freedom for the remainder of my life.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:03:09 AM EDT
[#19]
New Yawk
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:13:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Nice
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:35:22 AM EDT
[#21]
I love WNY if it wasn't for the bullshit politics.

Looking for a house just over the line in PA.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:42:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Upstate NY is a shit hole - don't let anyone fool you.

Its dilapidated, run down, and with no significant businesses anymore, and rapidly changing demographics.

I went back to Syracuse this past Christmas after being gone about 6 years and it changed massively. The roads were (always kind of were) absolute shit, and stores that used to be run by Italian, Polish, and German immigrants were closed left and right. It's fucking DEAD up there.

Upstate NY is a perfect example of democrats running things into the ground, then proclaiming "look at all the wonderful that we've done!". Yeah, real shiny pile of shit you've got there.

Fuck NY.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:53:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Things started taking a turn for the worse in upstate about 20 years ago. Now, it's just plain depressing. Grew up there, so it will always be home, but there is a reason why it is considered the Appalachia of the North now. Syracuse was always a bit shitty, now it's just basically turning into a mini Detroit. Beautiful summers, then 10 months of winter 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:57:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I've never pulled anyone over for that, but then you're referring to an obstructed plate because of the ball. I'm sure we aren't the only state where that might be enforced.
View Quote
So you can drive around with a plow obstructing the front plate for months, would you pull someone over in the summer if they didn't have a front plate?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:59:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Born and raised in New York. Spent the first half century there. Lots of good memories and some great people there. That said no freedom no real life. Better climate class three level freedom for the remainder of my life.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:03:17 AM EDT
[#26]
That right there is why I'm quite happy to live in the Ozarks.

Less snow and more freedom.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:06:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Did you visit Marvin and Mary at Vann's?
View Quote
jeez i havent been there in years. i mostly go to Dick's since hes closer.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:03:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So you can drive around with a plow obstructing the front plate for months, would you pull someone over in the summer if they didn't have a front plate?
View Quote
Very infrequently. The last guy I stopped for that had switched plates and was driving suspended.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:31:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know someone who got pulled over for snow obstructing their rear license plate.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:39:52 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote
If it came out that Schumer had found a way to completely rig the Senate election in his favor, and had been doing it forever, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Meanwhile, upstate NY loves them some Trump.

Attachment Attached File

Sadly the state looked like that and yet 29 electoral votes still went to crooked Hillary. Like I said, it'd be interesting if they ever split it up.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:54:08 AM EDT
[#31]
What state is this? Only ask as I live in NY and pretty much everybody with a truck leaves there trailer hitch attached... Never heard of anyone getting hassled about it. Or for that sake ever heard of any laws against it...

Quoted:
There's a few more laws than that, don't be disingenuous. I mean, you guys can't even have a trailer hitch in the receiver without a trailer attached and not get pulled over. It's still beautiful country, and the cities have a lot of history that intrigue me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My God, it's just like Kansas, except for the freedom thing.
Yeah we have laws against siblings fucking. oh gun laws, ah
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:57:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
never heard that one before
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

never heard that one before
I've heard of that law but have never been pulled over for it. And I have been pulled over a few times with no mention of my hitch sticking out
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:01:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK that explains why I've never gotten a ticket. My plate is visible
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:02:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:03:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Looks like central PA to me .................
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:04:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:04:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Things started taking a turn for the worse in upstate about 20 years ago. Now, it's just plain depressing. Grew up there, so it will always be home, but there is a reason why it is considered the Appalachia of the North now. Syracuse was always a bit shitty, now it's just basically turning into a mini Detroit. Beautiful summers, then 10 months of winter 
View Quote
The cityots and shitty governors have ruined upstate.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:05:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I've met two people who were ticketed for obstructed plate because they had the dealer license plate frame on. But I've read far crazier stuff from "free state" cops here, like routinely charging people with walking on the wrong side of a road.
View Quote
Gotta have a revenue strream
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:07:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
If it weren't for the liberals in downstate NY that is...

http://i.imgur.com/aBIDKwD.jpg

Looking forward to hunting season soon too...got the goofy stock 6.8 deer slayer...

http://i.imgur.com/q6KyViP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/MORifmd.jpg
View Quote

So you have a lake and get to shoot a gun?  

You have to abide the idiot politicians, gun laws, and sit in snow for half the year.

No thanks.

It is bad. Sorry op.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:08:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
New Yawk
View Quote
keep that fucking slang garbage out on the east

we talk normal here.  

i fucking hate that stupid accent.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:10:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

we talk normal here.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
New Yawk

we talk normal here.  

Unfortunately I hear it all the time in South Florida
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:10:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:11:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
That's not saying much as those states aren't shit.
View Quote
Each one of them has more attractions/interesting things to do/ than Kansas. You know, mountians, lakes, trees and stuff.

Kansas?
Cornfield
Cornfield
Cornfield
Cornfield
Cornfield
Cornfield
Methed-out depressing-looking city (Wichita)
Cornfield
Cornfield
Cornfield
Cornfield
Cornfield
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:31:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I had a client with a sports car who said he never put the front plate on, although it was on the dash. He got one ticket for it 
View Quote
Improperly affixed
Still a legitimate section
Most of us don't bother with those piddly sections, but its still a legitimate violation.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:32:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Gotta have a revenue strream
View Quote
Tickets are a net loss
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:45:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Hope to be up there the second week of Sept next year for the historic SVRA races at Watkins Glen. Never been there but have been told many times how incredibly beautiful the area is. I'm really looking forward to it.

Hopefully I can locate a Penn member in hometown next year to hold my guns for me before I cross over into NY state.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:50:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Lake George?  Was up there a few weeks ago on vacation.  I love all the "Fuck the Safe Act" yard signs
View Quote
Going there this week too ,one last summer getaway before kids go to school.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:52:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Each one of them has more attractions/interesting things to do/ than Kansas. You know, mountians, lakes, trees and stuff.

Kansas?
Cornfield
Cornfield
Cornfield
Cornfield
Cornfield
Cornfield
Methed-out depressing-looking city (Wichita)
Cornfield
Cornfield
Cornfield
Cornfield
Cornfield
View Quote
I was referring to size, just make them a new state and we could have fewer asshole liberal senators they always send.  
It's wheat fields and cows mostly.  Corn is Nebraska and Iowa and you must have really missed the nice part of Wichita but yes, we don't have mountains.  We can drive to the next state and see some real mountains though.  I'm glad you like it where you are and the people in your states do to, please stay there.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:52:04 AM EDT
[#49]
...he likes it in the can.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:56:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top