Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 6:33:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I want my kids to grow up in a world where drugs are illegal.  I also want my local law enforcement to be able to arrest the scumfucks who live near me and my family and sell weed, coke and god knows what else out of their house to scumbags, losers and criminals.  

I truly do agree with some of the reason to make it legal and I might be hypocritical, but so be it.  I think it should continue to be illegal.  

With that said, I'm convinced that MJ will be fully legal in most places within the next 10-15 years.  Then I guess we'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:23:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I want my kids to grow up in a world where drugs are illegal.  I also want my local law enforcement to be able to arrest the scumfucks who live near me and my family and sell weed, coke and god knows what else out of their house to scumbags, losers and criminals.  

I truly do agree with some of the reason to make it legal and I might be hypocritical, but so be it.  I think it should continue to be illegal.  

With that said, I'm convinced that MJ will be fully legal in most places within the next 10-15 years.  Then I guess we'll see what happens.

I pot were legal like booze, that store would move from the house next to you to the liquor store.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:32:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Two different arguments. If one wants to argue about whether MJ should be legal or not, that's one thing. However currently it is illegal so I don't see anything wrong with the sentences handed out, given the law as it stands today.

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.  

Life without parole for pot.

Reading comprehension.  Life without parole for pot WITH an illegally possessed firearm.

So?

Do you honestly feel that warrants life without parole? I tend to feel only murder, rape, and child molestation should bring that kind of sentence. I bet most Americans would agree. Still very excessive. Anything over ten years would be ridiculous for a drug conviction and pot should never bring that much.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:37:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two different arguments. If one wants to argue about whether MJ should be legal or not, that's one thing. However currently it is illegal so I don't see anything wrong with the sentences handed out, given the law as it stands today.

Bingo

It is the same as the ones whining that Pot is illegal
but Alcohol is not Two different things.

I have heard this same argument for nearly 40 years

You're right.  I hear about broken homes all the time due to alcohol.  Never hear about daddy turning bad because he took up the bowl.

Really??????

I have a brother who loved dope so much it was more important than his family.
As for broken home.... Well he is now in Jail, and so isn't his son (nice he drug his kid down with him)

Kid needs medical corrections to his ears so he can hear and learn to speak...  No money for that but plenty for dope
Kids need clothes...  No money for that but plenty for dope

He made nearly 100k a year, Kids dressed in rags,  driving junk cars, etc,  but he always had his dope.

When he lived home he was a complete asshole to my dad all because of dope

Yes Dope Destroys Families.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:37:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I always get a laugh out of the "I want to shoot the evil drug dealer selling pot to my kid line"

If your kid wasn't buying pot the drug dealer wouldn't be selling it to them.

Maybe you should shoot your kid.  

Shhh.....

Their kids fuck ups are obviously the fault of somebody other than them or their kid.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:43:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bingo

You're right.  I hear about broken homes all the time due to alcohol.  Never hear about daddy turning bad because he took up the bowl.

Really??????

As for broken home.... Well he is now in Jail, and so isn't his son (nice he drug his kid down with him)

Kid needs medical corrections to his ears so he can hear and learn to speak...  No money for that but plenty for dope

He made nearly 100k a year, Kids dressed in rags,  driving junk cars, etc,  but he always had his dope.

Assholes and shit heads destroy families. I know plenty of pot smokers who are the exact opposite. Your brother would probably still be a loser with or without weed.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:44:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Don't trespass or steal others crops and it's not a problem.  

Domestic growers do this? Seems like it's mostly international smugglers who exist because of the profit in growing an illegal plant that really do this sort off thing.

First I've heard of it. Either way if it's a prescription it's expensive. I can grow weed for free. Why should I care if somebody gets high any more than I care if they get drunk?

Your kids can buy pot easier than they can buy alcohol. In high school buying the Devil's Lettuce was as simple as approaching the nearest dealer. Legal retailers have more qualms about selling to kids. Do your job as a parent and the police won't need to do it for you.

So, illegal crops grown on MY national and state forest property earns the right to get me shot? Drugs grown on the ranch where WE have the lease means WE are deserving to be shot?
Got news for folks; drug dealers are growing all over the place, on other peoples' property so they will not get their property confiscated. Drug dealers are muscling in on medical grower operations to squeeze their cut from the growers. Since I see it right here, daily, I am not convinced by your using colored script in your post.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:44:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Oh, and I agree with wunbadweasel's idea that parents should be allowed to shoot anyone who sells or even attempts to sell drugs to their kids.

Hell Yes, My Doper Brother Knew I would Kill him if he ever tried to give my kids drugs.

It is easy for some to say it is a parenting fail if kids get into drugs,
I cant buy into that, some kids are just screwed up, no matter how hard you try.

My brother and myself are polar opposites of each other but same parents. My biggest
fear was to ever bring shame to my Father, My brother seemed to live to shame my Dad.
I hate the feeling of being High, he loves it. My Wife and Kids are my #1 responsibility and love.
His love was to score more dope and hell with his family. Some people are just broken.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:54:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Safer than Advil, a little (or a lot) of weed has never killed anybody, nor is it known to induce the kind of violent behavior linked to, say, alcohol.

That part is not true at all. Pot causes permanent brain damage. It's just so obvious, pot heads are very well known for stupidity. Say can you remmber what I just said? Pot destroys the learning ability (forming memory)
On violence, pretty much every other gang member who are well known to be the most vioelnt members of the society is smoking pot, in fact most of them get really high on pot before commiting violent crimes, fights, shootings, robberies, etc...
Drivers on pot are as dangerous as drunk drivers.

Pot does have some medical uses, so does opium and cocaine.

All that said, I'm not in favor of cruel and unusual punishment.
I am in favor of harsher punshiments for the dealers who target the schools and children though.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:57:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

[/div]So?[div]
[/div][div]Do you honestly feel that warrants life without parole? I tend to feel only murder, rape, and child molestation should bring that kind of sentence. I bet most Americans would agree. Still very excessive. Anything over ten years would be ridiculous for a drug conviction and pot should never bring that much.

[/div][/div]

You're asking me if I feel that's excessive?    No, I don't feel that any sentence on a legitimate conviction (as in, actually guilty) is excessive.  Why you may ask?  I've put hundreds of cases before a judge and/or jury, and my jurisdiction tends to think a literal smack on the hand is appropriate for a variety of sentences, up to and including felony obstruction/battery on a police officer.  It is sickening to see someone plea guilty to multiple felony charges and get 4 years of probation with no time to serve, but the same guy goes to trial on a fleeing to elude charge and gets 90 days to serve with 2 more years on probation.  The judicial system in this country is a fucking joke, period.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 8:04:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Cannabis is one of the most innocuous substances known to humans. Safer than Advil, a little (or a lot) of weed has never killed anybody, nor is it known to induce the kind of violent behavior linked to, say, alcohol. What's more, marijuana shows great therapeutic promise. It has been proven to reduce nausea associated with several ailments and chemotherapy, help cure post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), slow the progression of multiple sclerosis, and protect eyesight from glaucoma, among other medical benefits.

1. 55 Years in Prison for $350 of Pot

As Judge Paul G. Cassell pointed out, Angelos got more time than he would have for hijacking an airplane (25 years), beating someone to death in a fight (13 years), or raping a 10-year-old child (11 years). Making matters worse, the father of two didn’t even have a criminal record: he was a first time-offender.

2. Cops Pose as High-Schoolers and Ruin Kids' Lives

So when the undercover cop told Justin how much she loved weed, and begged him for a connect, Justin relented, even though he didn’t smoke himself. He refused the $25 his crush tried to give him, and told her the pot was a gift.

4. Snatching the Weed-Grower’s Children

According to police raided their 38-plant garden and seized another 56 plants from inside their home. The bust came just three weeks after agents conducted a "compliance check,” ensuring that the couple, who are medical marijuana patients, were following the legal guidelines to grow pot. Bram says officials assured them that everything was fine. Regardless, Bram and Wals were later charged with eight felonies for marijuana and child abuse.

7. Puppycide

Shooting the "stash” (or family) dog is standard in SWAT raids, the chaos of which also often includes flash-bang grenades. The Whitworth family’s experience was especially sad.

Ironically, it was Whitworth –– the victim of a violent raid on his home, including shots fired –– who was charged with child endangerment.  

9. Life in Prison for the Middleman

Investigators uncovered no physical evidence –– pot, cash or anything else –– linking Young to trafficking. The testimony of co-conspirators cooperating with the government was the only evidence against him. Nonetheless, in 1992, Mark Young was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole. Young had never been charged with drug dealing, and had no history of violent crime.

~~~

The government spends more than $7 billion annually to enforce marijuana prohibition, but has not successfully deterred marijuana use. In fact, more teens now smoke pot than cigarettes, but our relentless pursuit to punish marijuana users nonetheless continues apace.

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/156061/life_without_parole_for_pot_10_worst_cases_of_cruel_and_unusual_punishment_/?page=entire

That's what I call winning.

Even considering the source, that's just fucked up. - TS

Except for the guy in Florida, who had an urge for flesh.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 8:11:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo

Really??????

Let's be real clear here.  When you write "dope, dope, dope" you are referring to marijuana?  If so, this is the most incredible story I have ever read.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 8:13:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Safer than Advil, a little (or a lot) of weed has never killed anybody, nor is it known to induce the kind of violent behavior linked to, say, alcohol.

That part is not true at all. Pot causes permanent brain damage. It's just so obvious, pot heads are very well known for stupidity. Or are stupid people more inclined to smoke too much pot?Say can you remmber what I just said? Pot destroys the learning ability (forming memory)
On violence, pretty much every other gang member who are well known to be the most vioelnt members of the society is smoking pot, in fact most of them get really high on pot before commiting violent crimes, fights, shootings, robberies, etc... Yes, gangs and drugs go hand in hand. I have known lots of people who indulged in marijuana and haven't committed murders, rapes, shootings, or thefts. As a matter of fact, most of them were pretty alright people.
Drivers on pot are as dangerous as drunk drivers. And impaired driving is illegal - be it alcohol, marijuana, or prescription drugs.

I am in favor of harsher punshiments for the dealers who target the schools and children though. Once again, 20 years in prison for selling to kids? People get less for raping a child, which I find pretty fucked up.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 8:24:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo

Really??????

Let's be real clear here.  When you write "dope, dope, dope" you are referring to marijuana?  If so, this is the most incredible story I have ever read.  

Yes marijuana.

Sad part is he was cool before he got into drugs, Then he loved the drugs more than anything else.
Not incredible, nor rare, Far to common of a story, I'm 48 I've see far to many throw their lives away.

These threads are all the same, soon someone will say Oh but your opinion does not count
because your emotional about it or get better friends family etc.  This is the same as the ones
who want to drink and drive but have never buried a friend or loved one, because of it.  

Time to grow up and act like an adult, are you really that weak that you need to get high?
What happens if your child, Parent, loved one etc gets hurt and needs you to be 100%

A lot of people in this thread either are in Denial or that are truly ignorant.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 8:34:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo

Really??????

However, one could tell you the exact thing happens to families of alcoholics so I do not understand the justification of one drug being legal and the other not when addiction to either destroys lives.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 8:35:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Domestic growers do this? Seems like it's mostly international smugglers who exist because of the profit in growing an illegal plant that really do this sort off thing.

First I've heard of it. Either way if it's a prescription it's expensive. I can grow weed for free. Why should I care if somebody gets high any more than I care if they get drunk?

Your kids can buy pot easier than they can buy alcohol. In high school buying the Devil's Lettuce was as simple as approaching the nearest dealer. Legal retailers have more qualms about selling to kids. Do your job as a parent and the police won't need to do it for you.

So, illegal crops grown on MY national and state forest property earns the right to get me shot? Drugs grown on the ranch where WE have the lease means WE are deserving to be shot?
Got news for folks; drug dealers are growing all over the place, on other peoples' property so they will not get their property confiscated. Drug dealers are muscling in on medical grower operations to squeeze their cut from the growers. Since I see it right here, daily, I am not convinced by your using colored script in your post.

If it were legal, farmers would grow it on their own land out in the open, so his point is still a valid one.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 8:40:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That part is not true at all. Pot causes permanent brain damage. It's just so obvious, pot heads are very well known for stupidity. Say can you remmber what I just said? Pot destroys the learning ability (forming memory)
On violence, pretty much every other gang member who are well known to be the most vioelnt members of the society is smoking pot, in fact most of them get really high on pot before commiting violent crimes, fights, shootings, robberies, etc...

I am in favor of harsher punshiments for the dealers who target the schools and children though.

Ever been high? The last thing you want to do when high is go out and fight, be violent etc.

The only thing I've ever been violent with when high was my fridge, I haven't smoked in 10+ years because I'm subject to drug testing, but if it was legal I would.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 8:55:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it were legal, farmers would grow it on their own land out in the open, so his point is still a valid one.

No if it were legal it would (and should be) treated under the same laws as Liquor

Same regulations (no home making/growing) Taxed and regulated the same as any other strong intoxicant.

And under the ATF not the FDA

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 8:57:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No if it were legal it would (and should be) treated under the same laws as Liquor

Same regulations (no home making/growing) Taxed and regulated the same as any other strong intoxicant.

How would it be grown if not by farmers?  Let's say Coors gets into the pot business? Are they going to buy up huge areas of fenced in land or contract farmers to grow it for them?  Either way, the point about not tresspassing on private property if it were legal still stands.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 9:05:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How would it be grown if not by farmers?  Let's say Coors gets into the pot business? Are they going to buy up huge areas of fenced in land or contract farmers to grow it for them?  Either way, the point about not tresspassing on private property if it were legal still stands.

It obviously would needed to be grown in a controlled and guarded area.

It would Not be treated as a Food crop but as Liquor.

If you want it under the FDA it would then need to be "Manufactured"
(grown) in a pharmaceutical facility (think very sterile environment).

at that point it would be so expensive that even though it would be legal
it would be incredibly expensive so there still would be a black market.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 9:05:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And where is your independent research to back your claims.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 9:07:24 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.  

Life without parole for pot.

Reading comprehension.  Life without parole for pot WITH an illegally possessed firearm.

You'd think a site related to gun liberty would be a bit more hesitant to see a spurious gun charge tacked on for something less dangerous than carrying a gun while drinking a beer.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 9:12:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo

Really??????

Yes marijuana.

Sad part is he was cool before he got into drugs, Then he loved the drugs more than anything else.
Not incredible, nor rare, Far to common of a story, I'm 48 I've see far to many throw their lives away.

These threads are all the same, soon someone will say Oh but your opinion does not count
because your emotional about it or get better friends family etc.  This is the same as the ones
who want to drink and drive but have never buried a friend or loved one, because of it.  

Time to grow up and act like an adult, are you really that weak that you need to get high?
What happens if your child, Parent, loved one etc gets hurt and needs you to be 100%

A lot of people in this thread either are in Denial or that are truly ignorant.

Pardon me, but I'm seeing "S's" when you speak of "drug(s)."  The use of mj only would not require an "s."  Is this a typo on your part? If not, it kinda, you know, changes the impact of your story just a wee bit.  A tad, if I gotta put a range on it.

I'm with ya on the drinkin' & driving.  No one should get behind the wheel impaired.  Wether a prescription med, a joint or a drink.  But that's not good enough for you, is it?  Now, you want to go into the house & control a bit.  You whole   " ...child, Parent, loved one etc gets hurt and needs you to be 100%..."  Well, seriously?  They will probably die.    If I had not been on those pain meds for the torn ligament those people would probably still be with us.  I learned though.  We now call a service that sends an RN over before we uncork the Cabernet.  Sure it's expensive (the nurse, not the wine!) But the new wife & kids are worth it.  I couldn't replace the parents, still kinda feel bad about that...  
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 9:15:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't want it under the FDA. It seems that the same processes used to manufacture tobacco would be appropriate for pot.  Even if it was given the same stringent controls as alcohol, it still would not be overly expensive. Yes, plenty of people brew their own beer, but the vast majority just go down to the corner store.Any great expense would be due to government overregulation which is the whole original problem in the first place.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 9:17:33 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bingo

Really??????

No,your brother destroys families.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 9:18:20 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bingo

Really??????

You keep bringing up how fucked up your family is, in various ways. I get the feeling that the problems don't reside outside of them.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 9:20:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmm, I take it that the OP supports legalization? This sheds much light on the timbre of GD lately....

Know how I know you're high?

So you don't want to legalise?

Statist
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 9:27:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't want it under the FDA. It seems that the same processes used to manufacture tobacco would be appropriate for pot.  Even if it was given the same stringent controls as alcohol, it still would not be overly expensive. Yes, plenty of people brew their own beer, but the vast majority just go down to the corner store.Any great expense would be due to government overregulation which is the whole original problem in the first place.

Pot is not the same as  tobacco it is more like Liquor

You cannot Home Brew Liquor

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 9:27:36 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

When the makers of Advil start digging in punji sticks around their plant and shoot trespassers in parking lots.

When the pharma companies start beheading each other with chainsaws on video.

When Bayer tortures and hangs the bodies of Tylenol employees from highway overpasses.

When Canada's .gov is so , and thoroughly corrupted by manufacturers of asthma inhalers that provincial heads of state are slain along with their families and North Dakota needs the BP manpower assigned to Texas.

When the marijuana-smoking community finally admits the medical benefits of delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol can be ingested in a form that doesn't create a "high".

That's when I'll buy into legalization. Go ahead now and tutor me in why legalization would negate all I've just described, the disparity/dichotomy of Prohibition in contrast, and the assault upon freedoms caused by me not wanting anybody selling my kids any fucking dope.

Excellent post.

I don't want anybody selling guns to kids on teh streetcorner.  We therefore should ban guns.
Poor analogy

Selliing guns to kids is already banned/illegal

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 9:30:06 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it not obvious to you that the crimes you mention in relation to ILLEGAL pot are due to the fact that the pot is illegal?  Surely this does not escape you.  Does it?  

I was a cop way too long to accept that drug-related crime is any longer stemming solely from illegality. The drug trade is violent due to commerce enabled by corruption.
Tell you what - let's compromise.

Make all controlled substances legal. Attach a rider to that bill that makes me held harmless in my homicides against any who sell it to kids.

Off to load my magazines.

Wow. SO you would shoot someone because you failed as a parent?
Misdirection

He didn't say sell drugs to his kids

he said "Kids" periods

You made a false claim to legitimize your argument

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 9:34:08 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmm, I take it that the OP supports legalization? This sheds much light on the timbre of GD lately....

Know how I know you're high?

So you don't want to legalise?

Statist

Asshole...

His assumption that I smoke was the problem.

I'll take an oz of liberty and an eight ball of justice.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
i'm sorry if you take it that way. My only point is that if one's children do down the wrong path, then the primary fault is on parenting, not the government, not the laws. You implied you should be able to shoot somone if they sell your kids drugs.  My point is that by the time your kids are buying drugs off the street, then the battle has already been lost.  THere are many immoral choices I would dread my daughters make, from making porn, to smoking pot, to voting democrat.  If they do any on these things, then I as their father have failed them, not the governmnet.

Edited because "Fuck you" does not merit a thoughtful and polite response.

That is so much BS

There are a lot of kids brought up with the best parenting and yet still fall from grace

You making a blanket statement that it has to be the parenting is pure arrogant BS on your part, par for the navydoc holier than thou posts.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 9:41:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
And now I'll gleefully await the freedom-lovers who will state: "Just tax it by the IRS and guarantee purity by the FDA...."

And then contrast the WoD as anti-freedom due to .gov expansion. Which, admittedly it is at this point.

You can't have it both ways and claim a principled stand.

IF you live in a free society unfortunately you have some bullshit you ahve to deal with. We have fairly easy access to guns here, so often criminals use guns in crimes. Does that mean we should ban guns? No. Drugs being legal would reduce the amount of street level crime significantly, the cartel level shit will continue ad-infintium on some scale or another. When we take away drug profits, they'll just move more into human trafficking and other areas, but won't be able to operate at near the same level as they currently do.

Furthermore your tax argument is flawed. People gladly buy TAXED liquor and cigarettes at the store vs. Moonshine and in most places virtually non-existant black market tobacco. Why take the risk or deal with an unknown suply when Grey Goose is regulated and puts it in a bottle or Pfizer has an established purity and sells it in a vial? At that point there is no reason to take a chance with Juan or Marty the Meth Head who cuts his shit with Eazy Off oven cleaner?

For all the "war on drugs" and attempts to keep drugs away from your kids, more and more drugs are still coming into the country and usage rates for hard drugs have stayed pretty much constant and in some areas increased.

Daniel
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 9:47:40 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah, yes you can

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 9:50:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alcohol is alcohol whether it be in the form of beer, wine, or whiskey.  The only difference is concentration and you can be a drunk on beer just as you can on whiskey. The distinction is arbitrary, artificial,  and based on emotion rather than fact.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 9:51:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When the makers of Advil start digging in punji sticks around their plant and shoot trespassers in parking lots.

When Bayer tortures and hangs the bodies of Tylenol employees from highway overpasses.

When Canada's .gov is so , and thoroughly corrupted by manufacturers of asthma inhalers that provincial heads of state are slain along with their families and North Dakota needs the BP manpower assigned to Texas.

When the marijuana-smoking community finally admits the medical benefits of delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol can be ingested in a form that doesn't create a "high".

That's when I'll buy into legalization. Go ahead now and tutor me in why legalization would negate all I've just described, the disparity/dichotomy of Prohibition in contrast, and the assault upon freedoms caused by me not wanting anybody selling my kids any fucking dope.

Excellent post.

I don't want anybody selling guns to kids on teh streetcorner.  We therefore should ban guns.
Poor analogy
Selliing guns to kids is already banned/illegal

So is selling beer to kids. So is selling MJ to anyone .  It is a very correct anology. If you want all intoxicants banned because some bad people sell it to kids, then the same arguement applies to guns, porn, or anything else people wrongfully supply to children.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 9:54:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:

i'm sorry if you take it that way. My only point is that if one's children do down the wrong path, then the primary fault is on parenting, not the government, not the laws. You implied you should be able to shoot somone if they sell your kids drugs.  My point is that by the time your kids are buying drugs off the street, then the battle has already been lost.  THere are many immoral choices I would dread my daughters make, from making porn, to smoking pot, to voting democrat.  If they do any on these things, then I as their father have failed them, not the governmnet.

Edited because "Fuck you" does not merit a thoughtful and polite response.

That is so much BS
There are a lot of kids brought up with the best parenting and yet still fall from grace
You making a blanket statement that it has to be the parenting is pure arrogant BS on your part, par for the navydoc holier than thou posts.

And those who balme society or the lack of laws or anyone else for the problems of their kids abrigate their responsabilities as a parent.  If a kid buys drugs, the primary fault is in the kid who buys the drugs and the parent who did not teach them better.  When you permit your children to blame someone else for their wrongdoings, you encourage even more bad behavior. Individual responsability is not a difficult concept.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 9:57:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, yes you can

Not legally.  
In the US, distillation is illegal without a Federal permit.
By ’moonshine’, I assume you do not mean beer or wine, but the distillation of the fermented product.

Making beer at home is an issue left to the individual states, and in Washington it is legal to make your own beer and wine at home, but you can’t sell it.

Distillation, however, is federally regulated. According to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms (BATF), you can legally own a still no larger than one gallon and you have to use it for water purification or to extract essential oils from plants. If you do buy a still, the shop that sold it to you has to surrender your contact information to the BATF if they request it, and no warrant is required for them to get it either. You have to pay excise tax, get bonded, and on and on and on.

Distillation of alcohol without a permit is a federal crime and probably a state one too, so get a permit or don’t do it.

You may use a distillery to make alcohol for fuel, but those federal and state permits can cost more than $3,000 annually.

Tough out of luck - see the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, their FAQ page, and some of the latest ammended laws. You will find ....

Spirits You cannot produce spirits for beverage purposes without paying taxes and without prior approval of paperwork to operate a distilled spirits plant. [See 26 U.S.C. 5601 & 5602 for some of the criminal penalties.] There are numerous requirements that must be met that make it impractical to produce spirits for personal or beverage use. Some of these requirements are paying special tax, filing an extensive application, filing a bond, providing adequate equipment to measure spirits, providing suitable tanks and pipelines, providing a separate building (other than a dwelling) and maintaining detailed records, and filing reports. All of these requirements are listed in 27 CFR Part 19.

Ray emailed the BATF for the reference statutes concerning home distillation. Here is their response:

Ray, you have not been able to locate anything on home production because there is no provision for it. Moonshining is still illegal!! Unlike wine or beer, the laws and regulations governing distilled spirits contain no provision that would allow someone to produce spirits in their home for personal use. Under 26 U.S.C. Section 5171 operations as a distiller, warehouseman or processor may be conducted only on the bonded premises of a qualified distilled spirits plant. To qualify such a plant, a registration, application for permit and bond must be filed in addition to other supporting organizational documents. 26 U.S.C. 5178 places restrictions on where a plant can be located. Hope this answers your question.

Carol Coy Industry Specialist National Revenue Center-Cincinnati, OH Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms e-mail: [email protected]

What all this basically comes down to is ... 1. Americans can own a still, but it must be no larger than 1 gallon, and may only be used for water purification or the extraction of essential oils from plants. 2.Dealers/manufacturers of stills in the United States must surrender any address or other info on any customer who buys a still to the BATF, when they request it.(no warrant is required.)

What this means is that anyone who buys a still in America can at any time expect a knock at the door and a man with a badge demanding to see what is being done with the still they bought. How this affects the companies seen advertising 5 gallon stills for use as a water purifier, was not listed, nor is there any info on solar stills. It is probably VERY illegal to import a still too.

If you're trying the angle of making alcohol as a fuel (yes, this is legal!), see Steve Spence's site for all the details.

Whats the cost of doing it right ? Don advises ...

State license(varies from $75-$4,500 per year) & a Federal license ($500 per year) plus State & Fed. production taxes. Registration of all supplies, suppliers, formulas (Subject to classification and approval) and label reg. (Subject to classification and approval). More paperwork than money. If you already have a brewery or winery (bonded premises) an "alternation of premises" may be obtained to operate a distillery (with the additional license) on site. Well worth the trouble, because there is still room at the top.

See Prohibition.

Would pointing out your ignorance of the law being "holier than thou?"
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 10:01:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it not obvious to you that the crimes you mention in relation to ILLEGAL pot are due to the fact that the pot is illegal?  Surely this does not escape you.  Does it?  

I was a cop way too long to accept that drug-related crime is any longer stemming solely from illegality. The drug trade is violent due to commerce enabled by corruption.

Make all controlled substances legal. Attach a rider to that bill that makes me held harmless in my homicides against any who sell it to kids.

Misdirection
he said "Kids" periods

Actually you are quite wrong and tried to cherry pick the discussion out of contect to create some sort of "gotcha:" moment to fulfill some sort of e-stalking thing you have against me.
In his post above that he said

He said "MY kids" thereby personalizing it. Sorry, you failed at whatever you were trying to do.   Next time read the whole discussion before you say "GOTCHA!"
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 10:16:04 AM EDT
[#40]
This thread made me grab another beer and spark up a jernt.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 10:17:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The Doritos are over there.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 10:21:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Screw all that irrelevant psychobabble you just posted.
All I want to know is why your ok with booze being readily available at every corner......
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 10:34:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Doritos are over there.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 11:16:04 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Three pages in and this is still the best post in the thread.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 11:33:32 AM EDT
[#45]
These threads always bring out the herp.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 11:40:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Man, some of you are really wound up.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 11:42:26 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Man, some of you are really wound up.

"Shut up, doper scum!"

"If you had kids, you'd think differently!"
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 12:02:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
These threads always bring out the herp.

with a good dose of derp
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 12:06:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Fuck the government and anyone who supports it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 12:14:29 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Misdirection

he said "Kids" periods

Actually you are quite wrong and tried to cherry pick the discussion out of contect to create some sort of "gotcha:" moment to fulfill some sort of e-stalking thing you have against me.

In his post above that he said

He said "MY kids" thereby personalizing it. Sorry, you failed at whatever you were trying to do.   Next time read the whole discussion before you say "GOTCHA!"
I don't have a thing against you and most of the time admire your thoughts, just not on making drugs (Hard drugs) legal

You insulted the guys parenting and you know it.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top