User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 1:26:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Got a reply from Dave:

Mark,

have you ever heard of the black market on
automatic weapons? There is one you know.

I also know that people with knowledge of these
weapons can easily make them automatic with a conversion kit, so don't play your
games with me.

I'll be waiting for your apology!

Dave

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 1:36:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Got a reply from Dave:

Mark,

have you ever heard of the black market on automatic weapons? There is one you know.

I also know that people with knowledge of these weapons can easily make them automatic with a conversion kit, so don't play your games with me.

Dave

That guy's a clueless buffoon.  I thinks he gets all his firearm info from old Army BS and movies.  

I've noticed in his comments that he completely ignores facts, arguments, questions, etc that he can't answer or dispute, and just nitpicks minor things.  Failing that, he just throws the "redneck, Fox News watcher, extremist, racist" card.  In short, he's a typical lib.

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 1:45:45 PM EDT
[#3]
My response to Dave. A waste of time I know, I just like playing with Anti-gun buffoons:

Dave,
Thanks for your reply.
Of course there is a black market in guns that supply criminals in
Mexico (both bringing guns from the US and from central/south America),
such actions are already illegal in both Mexico and the United States.
If you look at the full trace data from Mexico (not just the data
relating to weapons that originated in the United States) you will also
find that the majority of weapons recovered by Mexican police (and all
of the automatic weapons) did not come from the US.
Of course people with knowledge can take a semi-automatic weapon and
turn it into an illegal automatic weapon, doing so is already illegal
in the United States.
You are correct that people can take a conversion kit (such as the
"lightning link" for AR-15 rifles) and turn a semi-automatic weapon
into an automatic one, but guess what - those conversion kits are
regulated the same as complete automatic weapons - no new manufacture
after 1986 and they are illegal to possess without a tax stamp and
background check.
Really smart people can even take some pipe and metal bars/sheet and
with extensive work create an illegal automatic weapon, not
surprisingly doing that is also illegal.
Your response though has nothing to do with what you claimed in your
article - that automatic weapons are easy to buy at american gun
dealers.
Everything you are complaining about is already illegal, but I'm sure
you already knew that - you are just telling your readers a lie (that
automatic weapons can be easily purchased) in order to create concern
and fear in order to push an anti-gun agenda. Do you even know how many
times a legally owned automatic weapon has been used in a crime in the
United States since 1934? (I believe the answer is once, and that
weapon was owned by a Police officer).
I have no problem with you being anti-gun, I have no problem with you
writing anti-gun articles, that freedom is protected by our
Constitution (just like my right to keep and bear arms), what I do have
a problem with is you lying to your readers, something a good
journalist should never need to stoop to in order to get their message
across.
Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Mark......

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 2:11:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not sure which pissed me off more.... Dave's original article, or the reponse he wrote to Mark....

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 3:33:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Got a reply from Dave:

Mark,
have you ever heard of the black market on automatic weapons? There is one you know.
I also know that people with knowledge of these weapons can easily make them automatic with a conversion kit, so don't play your games with me.
Dave

As I expected (see page 1). We are wasting our time trying to "win" over the other side; it will not happen. You are trying to reason with a crazy person.

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 3:35:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Got a reply from Dave:

Mark,
Dave

Would like to UPS him a box of my own shit w/ a spoon and a note telling him to put it where it belongs.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Joe Walsh said it best:  You can't argue with a sick mind.

Quoted:
Got a reply from Dave:

Mark,
Dave

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:26:17 AM EDT
[#8]
2nd reply from Dave, now he's a Vietnam veteran and Nazis all have automatic weapons.

Thanks Mark.

By the way, if you have a swastica, gang sign,
ect., tattoed on your foreheard you wouldn't have any problem finding the
assault gun of your choice.

Lie is a big word.

It's not about me being anti-gun - I have an
M-1 Carbine, and my .45 from the Nam - but you assumed that I'm some
bleeding-heart liberal whining about those nasty guns. Don't be so quick to
judge.

There's no lies in my column. There is a problem
with assault guns and burying your head in the sand (via idealogy)
is'nt going to change the fact.

Dave

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:32:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Let us make this a FIREMISSION!
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 3:04:43 AM EDT
[#10]
My reply, not sure how much longer I will keep replying:

Good morning Dave,

If the problem is "assault rifles" (aka semi-automatic military style
rifles) why do you write about automatic weapons (which are already
illegal) and call for them to be banned. Why not just be honest and
write about "assault rifles"?

Gang members can break the law and acquire guns illegally, that is
already a crime, everything we have discussed is already a crime, there
are two solutions to the problem: better law enforcement and tougher
sentencing for people who choose to become criminals, or demonizing the
tools they use as part of their crimes, why do you demonize guns
instead of demonizing criminals?

You wrote "I do ask for laws that would restrict
     sales of M-16s, AK 47s, or Uzi's.":  Those automatic weapons are already restricted by law, yes or no?

You wrote "It's no secret that automatic weapons are so easy to buy that
     American gun dealers...":  Can anyone walk into a gun dealer and walk out with an automatic weapon, yes or no?

You wrote "The only use for (machine guns), the use for which they were
intended, is to kill people. Lots of people, real fast.": Thank you for
your service in Vietnam, do you recall from your training and
experiences overseas that full automatic fire is best used to suppress
an enemy and that aimed single shots or short bursts are more effective
for killing them? Who would kill the most people in a crowd - a guy
with a swastika on his head armed with a full automatic uzi and 30rds
of 9mm, or an experienced hunter with a bolt action rifle and 30 rds of
30-06? (I would put my money on the hunter.)

Finally, you want to ban "assault weapons" yet you own one: your M1
Carbine is a semi-automatic weapon with a box magazine chambering an
intermediate caliber round, what makes that any different to an AR-15?
couldn't someone break into your house and steal your "assault
weapon"?, maybe even convert it into a selective-fire (automatic) M2?
why haven't you set an example for the rest of us and handed it into
the police so it doesn't end up in the hands of Mexico drug dealers or
swastika branded neo-nazis?

Mark......

P.S. as you are a California resident I hope you never need extra
magazines for your M1: the sale or transfer of those has been illegal
in CA since 1/1/2002.

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 3:13:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Don't ANY of these idiots do even the minimum fact checking before spouting off BS as fact?

Has the reporter industry gotten that bad, are we back to the 1920s muckrakers? Good god, who do these folks sleep at night.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 3:19:14 AM EDT
[#12]
AAARRRRGH!!!!!

Kudos to MarkNH for trying to carry on a reasonable discussion.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 3:25:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My reply, not sure how much longer I will keep replying:

Good morning Dave,

If the problem is "assault rifles" (aka semi-automatic military stylerifles) why do you write about automatic weapons (which are alreadyillegal) and call for them to be banned. Why not just be honest andwrite about "assault rifles"?

Gang members can break the law and acquire guns illegally, that isalready a crime, everything we have discussed is already a crime, thereare two solutions to the problem: better law enforcement and toughersentencing for people who choose to become criminals, or demonizing thetools they use as part of their crimes, why do you demonize gunsinstead of demonizing criminals?

You wrote "I do ask for laws that would restrict       sales of M-16s, AK 47s, or Uzi's.":  Those automatic weapons are already restricted by law, yes or no?

You wrote "It's no secret that automatic weapons are so easy to buy that       American gun dealers...":  Can anyone walk into a gun dealer and walk out with an automatic weapon, yes or no?

You wrote "The only use for (machine guns), the use for which they wereintended, is to kill people. Lots of people, real fast.": Thank you foryour service in Vietnam, do you recall from your training andexperiences overseas that full automatic fire is best used to suppressan enemy and that aimed single shots or short bursts are more effectivefor killing them? Who would kill the most people in a crowd - a guywith a swastika on his head armed with a full automatic uzi and 30rdsof 9mm, or an experienced hunter with a bolt action rifle and 30 rds of30-06? (I would put my money on the hunter.)

Finally, you want to ban "assault weapons" yet you own one: your M1Carbine is a semi-automatic weapon with a box magazine chambering anintermediate caliber round, what makes that any different to an AR-15?couldn't someone break into your house and steal your "assaultweapon"?, maybe even convert it into a selective-fire (automatic) M2?why haven't you set an example for the rest of us and handed it intothe police so it doesn't end up in the hands of Mexico drug dealers orswastika branded neo-nazis?

Mark......

P.S. as you are a California resident I hope you never need extramagazines for your M1: the sale or transfer of those has been illegalin CA since 1/1/2002.

You get high marks from me for your measured and well stated rsponses, but talk about casting pearls before swine. Wow, this guy's living in his own world and doesn't care who knows it.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 3:39:48 AM EDT
[#14]
To think of the amount of guns and bullets that the American PEOPLE have warms my blood and makes my heart sing with songs of freedom..

Such as this
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 4:10:20 AM EDT
[#15]
So this guy is a former newspaper editor and publisher as well as a "columnist" for the Times Standard? He may want to update his Wikipedia info, oh wait he doesn't even have a wiki entry. A google search didn't even return a match to that name spelling. Lets see, he carried an M1 carbine while in "The Nam"?. Possible I suppose but sounds a little fishy to me. Last of all he makes arguments based solely on conjecture and his opinion, and is unable to cite one fact. Yeah I'd say he sounds like just another looney lib "writin (sp) from the heart."
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 4:22:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Just noticed that when I cut and paste my responses to him here they are moving a bunch of spaces. My emails to him don't have all the words joined together like the cut and paste makes it appear. Will go back and edit in spaces correctly.

Don't know what is happening with the editor here, when people quote my response to him it removes a bunch of spaces making words join together. Weird.

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 9:59:00 AM EDT
[#17]
This guy spent more time researching information to fake being a viet nam vet than he did the information for the article itself.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 1:39:37 PM EDT
[#18]
His .45 from the Nam? So he admits to owning stolen US government property?
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 1:42:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 1:46:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That's what it sounds like.  Perhaps a call to NCIS would be in order.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 1:56:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:00:55 PM EDT
[#22]

What a fucking monumental douche-bag.

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:13:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Dave Stancliff/For the Times-Standard
Posted: 09/13/2009 01:27:16 AM PDT

The Beatles were spot on with their song lyrics that suggested “Happiness is a warm gun.” That gun has to have bullets, and these are at a premium right now, for several reasons.

The National Rifle Association (NRA) scare tactics claimed when President Obama came into office he would take people's warm guns away from them.

The response was almost immediate. Sales of guns and bullets skyrocketed on this rumor. And make no mistake. It was a rumor. That fact doesn't seem to bother the people who went on a buying spree. There seems to be no end to this spree while people believe they may lose the constitutional right to purchase and own weapons.

In California alone, about 60,000 more guns were sold in the first seven months of this year, than in the same period last year, a 26 percent increase, according to the state Attorney General's Office.

It amazes me that people take so much stock in rumors, but the statistics don't lie. While guns and ammunition are both hot selling items, it's the sales of ammunition that's exploded nationwide.

Industry experts are ecstatic because ammunition suppliers are working around the clock to meet the demand. Lawrence Keane, senior vice president and general counsel of the National Shooting Foundation Inc., recently told the Los Angeles Times, “Nobody has ever seen this kind of demand before.”

About two billion bullets were made in America last year, bringing in about $7.5 billion, according

to the foundation. Private consumers are not alone on a bullet-buying binge. The military has quadrupled its purchases of small-arms ammunition in the last decade, because of two wars that use lots of bullets.
There was a time when military ammunition was made exclusively at the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant in Independence, Mo. Now other suppliers are needed to keep up with growing demand.

Police departments around the country report shortages of ammunition. For example, the Riverside Police Department used to get orders filled in a couple of months. In a recent interview, Lt. Vance Hardin, who orders ammunition for the department, said they've been waiting 10 months now.

Internet sales of ammunition are doing a bang-up job of getting those bullets out. One online site, “Cheaper than Dirt,” has seen a 30 percent increase in bullet sales this year, according to Chief Executive Michael Tenny.

Never underestimate the power of fear. The omnipotent NRA understands this. They launched a website during the presidential campaign, “GunBanObama.org,” to get the word out that Obama would be the most-anti gun president in American history.

I've seen no signs of new gun control legislation since Obama was elected. The NRA spent millions of dollars to plant the idea that Obama's gun stance would threaten their 2nd Amendment rights. It looks like their investment paid off as paranoia turned into cash for the gun and ammunition industry.

Let's not forget that because we have an African-American president, racists across the country are loading up on guns and ammunition like Armageddon is around the corner. Hate groups are gaining record memberships because Obama is black. That should raise some alarm. These nuts are arming themselves in record numbers.

It's troubling that the NRA has such a powerful lobby that lawmakers in the Senate and House are afraid to confront them. If they weren't afraid, then why haven't they challenged the NRA and passed meaningful gun control laws? Why hasn't someone in Congress called the NRA out for spreading lies that benefit the gun and ammunition industry?

The answer is, it would be political suicide to take on the NRA and the gun and ammunition industry. I don't ask our politicians to take on honest citizens who believe they need protection, who want to hunt, or those who enjoy the sport of shooting.

I do ask for laws that would restrict sales of M-16s, AK 47s, or Uzi's. I don't care what anyone says, hunting with machine guns makes no sense. The only use for them, the use for which they were intended, is to kill people. Lots of people, real fast.

It's no secret that automatic weapons are so easy to buy that American gun dealers supply the Mexican cartels with 90 percent of the weapons they use to terrorize people on both sides of the border.

What to do? If Obama does take steps toward a meaningful gun control bill, the NRA will have a heyday. They'll tell Americans that Obama threatens their constitutional rights, as they've claimed all along.

As It Stands, the only winners seem to be the gun and ammunition industries who are thriving in this down economy.

Dave Stancliff is a columnist for The Times-Standard. He is a former newspaper editor and publisher. Comments can be sent to [email protected] or www.davesblogcentral.com.

Deleted CoC violation; poster gets a 72-hr va-ca, raf
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:13:50 PM EDT
[#24]
He can't even be mature in his replies.  That's sad.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:18:11 PM EDT
[#25]

Monday, September 14, 2009
Don’t bring up gun control if you don’t want to face the wrath of extremists!

My column “Let’s face it, no one will take the high road” received a lot of attention yesterday. Most of it negative, and coming from over a dozen blogs featuring NRA poster children. The Times-Standard Forum is full of examples. Comments under yesterday’s blog, which carried the column, are some more examples.

Despite the fact that I said I didn’t want to take away everyone’s guns, the idea that I dared to suggest there should be more safeguards against assault weapons awakened the wrath of extremists.

Talk about irony. I was talking with a friend in Fortuna today and he told me that he sold his shotgun. He explained that he knew a guy that would sell it for him, and it took him less than 24 hours to get $350 for it. Did anyone pay taxes or get their fingerprints taken during this transaction? No. Now, how often do you think that happens nationwide? It starts to get scary when you reflect upon it.

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#26]
The concussive force from being dropped out of a helicopter in Vietnam onto his head has caused him to go full retard.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:36:55 PM EDT
[#27]
so much FAIL, the Writer Fails at failing.

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:44:59 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

So this guy is a former newspaper editor and publisher as well as a "columnist" for the Times Standard? He may want to update his Wikipedia info, oh wait he doesn't even have a wiki entry. A google search didn't even return a match to that name spelling. Lets see, he carried an M1 carbine while in "The Nam"?. Possible I suppose but sounds a little fishy to me. Last of all he makes arguments based solely on conjecture and his opinion, and is unable to cite one fact. Yeah I'd say he sounds like just another looney lib "writin (sp) from the heart."

Not trying to defend him, but M1 and M2 Carbines were still very common weapons among US troops in Vietnam.

It's hilarious that he thinks his M1 Carbine is A-OK but an AR or AK is an evil baby-killing abomination.

By the way, excellent rebuttals on your park, MarkNH. You totally shot his argument full of holes.

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 4:05:01 PM EDT
[#29]
This guy is just a total nutter. He can't even rebut anything without resorting to logical fallacies and outright buffoonery.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 6:30:19 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 6:37:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Do you REALLY think he own's one? I could see a M-2 being used in Vietnam but a M-1 by a US soldier? Not so much. We gave a ton of them to our allies due to their stature and the fact that we had a lot of them but to choose a M1 over a M2, Nahhhhhhh.

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 7:02:36 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't know how you do it mark, I don't have the patience.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 1:47:03 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

My column “Let’s face it, no one will take the high road” received a lot of attention yesterday. Most of it negative, and coming from over a dozen blogs featuring NRA poster children. The Times-Standard Forum is full of examples. Comments under yesterday’s blog, which carried the column, are some more examples.

Despite the fact that I said I didn’t want to take away everyone’s guns, the idea that I dared to suggest there should be more safeguards against assault weapons awakened the wrath of extremists.

Talk about irony. I was talking with a friend in Fortuna today and he told me that he sold his shotgun. He explained that he knew a guy that would sell it for him, and it took him less than 24 hours to get $350 for it. Did anyone pay taxes or get their fingerprints taken during this transaction? No. Now, how often do you think that happens nationwide? It starts to get scary when you reflect upon it.

Oh dear, I think Dave's friend broke the law (unless the shotgun was more than 50 years old).

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs.php

What is the process for purchasing a
firearm in California?    

All
firearms purchases and transfers, including private party transactions
and sales at gun shows, must be made through a licensed dealer
under the Dealer Record of Sale (DROS) process.  California imposes
a 10-day waiting period before a firearm can be released to a buyer or
transferee.  A person must be at least 18 years of age to purchase
a rifle or shotgun.  To buy a handgun, a person must be at least 21
years of age, and either 1) possess an HSC plus successfully complete a
safety demonstration with the handgun being purchased or 2) qualify for
an HSC exemption.

As part of the DROS process, the buyer must present "clear evidence
of identity and age" which is defined as a valid, non-expired California
Driver's License or Identification Card issued by the Department of Motor
Vehicles.  A military identification accompanied by permanent duty
station orders indicating a posting in California is also acceptable.

If the buyer is not a U.S. Citizen, then he or she is required to
demonstrate that he or she is legally within the United States by
providing to the firearms dealer with documentation that contains
his/her Alien Registration Number or I-94 Number.

Purchasers of handguns are also required to provide proof
of California residency, such as a utility bill, residential lease,
property deed, or government-issued identification (other than a
drivers license or other DMV-issued identification).

(PC Section 12071)

How much is the Dealer's Record of Sale
(DROS) fee?

The
State's DROS fee is $19.00 which covers the costs of the background
checks and transfer registry.  There is also a required $1.00 Firearms
Safety Testing fee and a $5.00 Safety and Enforcement fee.  If the
transaction being processed is a dealer sale, consignment return, or
return from pawn, the dealer may impose other charges as long as this
amount is clearly shown as a "dealer fee" and not misrepresented as a
state fee.  In the event of a private party transfer, the firearms
dealer may additionally charge a fee of $10 per firearm transferred.

When settling on the purchase price of a firearm and before completing
the transaction, you may want to ask the dealer to disclose and identify
any and all fees he/she is charging to complete the transaction.

(PC Sections 12076, 12082, and 12806)

I want to sell a gun to another person,
i.e., a private party transfer.  Am I required to conduct the transaction
through a licensed California firearms dealer?

Yes.
Firearm sales must be conducted through a fully licensed California
firearms dealer.  Failure to do so is a violation of California law.
The buyer (and seller, in the event that the; buyer is
denied), must meet the normal firearm purchase and delivery
requirements.
"Antique firearms," as defined in Section 921(a)(16) of Title 18 of the
United States Code, and curio or relic rifles/shotguns, defined in
Section
178.11 of Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations that are over 50
years old, are exempt from this requirement.

Firearms dealers are required to process private party transfers upon
request.  Firearms dealers may charge a fee not to exceed $10 per
firearm for conducting a private party transfer.  Example:

1. For a private party transfer involving one or more handguns,
    the total allowable fees, including the DROS, safety, and dealer transfer
    fees, are not to exceed $35.00 for the first handgun and $31.00 for each
    additional handgun involved in the same transaction.

2. For
    private party transfers involving one or more long guns,
    or a private party transfer involving one handgun, the total allowable
    fees, including the DROS, safety, and dealer transfer fees, are not to
    exceed $35.00.  The dealer may charge an additional dealer-service fee
    of$10.00 per each additional firearm transferred.

(PC section 12072(d))

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 1:51:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Where are the Mexican Cartels getting these American"machine guns"? I've looked everywhere and I can't seem to find any. Bass Pro doesn't have them, and neither does Wal Mart  
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:20:52 AM EDT
[#35]
My reply to Dave. Not 100% sure on the jail time but it is hopefully close enough

I see over on his blog that people have already spotted that his friend probably broke the law and his response is his usual line of ranting insults and BS. What a Kook!

Hi Dave,
I saw the update on your blog, thank you for referring to your issue being with "assault weapons" instead of automatic weapons.
I was shocked however to see you mention a friend of yours in Fortuna
CA selling a shotgun without a background check, was the shotgun over
50 years old? if not your friend committed a serious crime punishable
by up to 4 years in prison (if the person he sold it to is not legally
allowed to possess forearms, is a minor, or is a gang member) or up to
1 year otherwise.
In California all firearms transfers (even face to face private sales)
must go through a firearms dealer and all CA laws regarding the 10 day
waiting period, fees, and criminal background check must be followed
(see below for info on this).
If the shotgun was less than 50 years old I suggest your friend talks
to a lawyer before some well-intentioned person reads your blog and
reports an illegal sale to the California authorities.
Regards,
Mark......
http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs.php
(I followed this with the FAQs as posted above)

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:27:54 AM EDT
[#36]
I told him the second wasn't about hunting. I also mentioned the DC march from a few days back and told him not to tread on us.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:40:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

OMG!!!  He found autoweapons.com, and thinks they'll sell a machine gun to anyone.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 3:38:50 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

It must be nice to be able to earn a living writing things about which you know so little.

Just like the weather man.  

It'll be partly sunny today with a crate of assault weapons being supplied to a Mexican Cartel.  Stay tuned for my 10-day bullshit forecast.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 3:46:01 AM EDT
[#39]
The guy has the emotional stability of a woman on PMS.  Plus he is an ignorant idiot to boot!
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:03:04 AM EDT
[#40]

OMG!!!  He found autoweapons.com, and thinks they'll sell a machine gun to anyone.

possibly... or maybe he's just banking on the fact that his 'audience' will click on the link and assume that machine guns are, in fact, easily attainable by ANYONE (especially bad guys). i find it hard to believe that he's unaware of the NFA. at the very least, Mark and others have educated him on the matter - at this point he's just fucking with us. trying to get a rise... can you blame him? this is probably the most traffic his BS blog has ever gotten.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:12:51 AM EDT
[#41]
He didn't even mention the "thing that goes up".

How clueless could one be?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:33:29 AM EDT
[#42]
He isn't replying to me anymore.

I think he figured out his responses were being posted somewhere else after someone took my first letter to him and posted it verbatim in the comments to the newspaper article

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:47:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Where are the Mexican Cartels getting these American"machine guns"? I've looked everywhere and I can't seem to find any. Bass Pro doesn't have them, and neither does Wal Mart  

{sarcasm}
I even went into Shooter's Supply here locally (they supply ammunition to law enforcement agents!!!!!) and asked for one of the cheap machine guns the cartels are getting.  They just laughed at me and tried to sell me a Sig, which they insist is NOT capable of going through three walls of cinderblocks and taking out an entire schoolyard of children.  Lame.
{/sarcasm}
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:55:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
He isn't replying to me anymore.

I think he figured out his responses were being posted somewhere else after someone took my first letter to him and posted it verbatim in the comments to the newspaper article

that, or this.

Anonymous said...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=926824

There's a thread about your article. Make an account - it's free, you might learn something.

ETA: link highlights his ignorance - check comments.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:59:13 AM EDT
[#45]
He was sounding kind of intelligent until he went full retard with naming off M-16s, AK-47s, and Uzis that are machine guns. I would like to ask him where those are being sold legally in the US and what one would have to do to purchase one.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:08:14 AM EDT
[#46]
http://www.wallsofthecity.net/2009/09/there_is_denial_and_then_there.html

response article/blog. says it best.

This would almost be amusing, if the person in question was not an "authorized journalist"... now it is just another instance of the maliciously ignorant attempting to spread their own incompetence under the banner of their respective newspapers.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:36:13 AM EDT
[#47]

Someone needs to point out to him that there is no black market in the USA of fully automatic assualt weapons in the movies. When was the last time a crime was commited with a illegal full auto, maybe once every ten years tops?

I think the ATF has a list of most common guns used in crimes, non of which are assualt weapons.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:42:42 AM EDT
[#48]

Got my comment in:

Dave, There is no huge black market of full auto weapons in the USA like in the movies.

Here is a legit source for stats Time Magazine and the ATF:

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,320383,00.html

Out of over 88,000 guns confiscated from crime scenes how many were full auto? Yeah, thats what I thought.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:04:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Wasn't as polite as others

Mr. Stancliff,

Can you please direct me to where I can legally buy an M16 with no waiting period on the cheap?

Last I checked, you had to undergo an extensive background check and pay a $200 tax. Also, the price for a M16 ranges from $10,000 to $18,500 - so if you know where I can get a legal one for cheaper, I'd love to know.

I hope you will correct your article to fix the inaccuracies you portray about fully automatic firearms. Please educate yourself before you spout off non-sense. I would assume as a professional journalist you would know how to do research, shame on you and your editor.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:13:09 AM EDT
[#50]
These things have been common in the US since the barrels full of M1 carbines in the 1960s, but we are the extremists.

He doesn't see that it is the gun grabbers that are the extremists.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top