Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:21:03 AM EDT
[#1]
In my belief system, to allow a child to watch televison at all is child abuse.  And, of course, my belief system is the only true one because I said so.....ergo: you are all deviants.  Ain't that silly?  So are you.

How sad.  Emoto has come off as one of the only calm, reasoned voices amid a mindless pack of self-righteous cretins screaming "My bible!  My bible!"  "You have to believe MY way!"  I wish you could hear yourselves.

No, I didn't have to read the thread.  Neither did you.

Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:37:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:45:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Post from Celt -
How sad. Emoto has come off as one of the only calm, reasoned voices amid a mindless pack of self-righteous cretins screaming "My bible! My bible!" "You have to believe MY way!" I wish you could hear yourselves.
View Quote

[size=4]That is bullshit, Celt, pure bullshit![/size=4]

'Caught you at the gates of Hell, Boy!' - Rev. Pendrake, [i][b]Little Big Man[/b][/i]

No one on the first page or the second page of this thread mentioned [u]anything[/u] whatsoever about God, the Bible, or Christianity, until [u]after[/u] [b]Emoto[/b] himself cited a well-known teaching of Jesus Christ in his post!

Then, and only then, did [b]9divdoc[/b] and [b]Blammo[/b] makes any references to the Bible, God, or Christianity and then only in three posts!

See how skewed and 'f-ed up' your thinking is on [u]this[/u] subject?

You assume crap that doesn't exist! You are beginning to see 'Holy Rollers' where none exist!

You are so full of Bullshit, let me guess - you slosh when you walk down the street? Right? [:D]
No, I didn't have to read the thread. Neither did you.
View Quote

[b]Well, it damn sure is obvious that you didn't read this thread at all, punk-azzed kid![/b][:D]

Eric The(Sensible,Restrained)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:58:43 AM EDT
[#4]
And another calm, reasoned response from the "My way or go to hell" camp.
You're frothing on your keyboard, Hun.  Go burn a nice witch or something.  You'll feel better.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:02:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh, and by the way...doesn't the name-calling amount to a personal attack, Hun?  And isn't there something about that in the forum rules?  Or did I forget the moderator exemption?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:10:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where did that come from???  I think you have me mistaken for a muslim.  Evil has been around since Adam & Eve and there's nothing new about blaming God for it or claiming His authority to do evil.  You'd be doing yourself a huge favor by taking the time to inform yourself a little better about history.

Let's try this one more time (and pay attention this time):
[size=3]There can only be one truth, regardless of what your or I believe.  You've got to make an informed decision and accept the consequences; good or bad.[/size=3]
View Quote
BlammO, "that" came from extrapolating the "I have access to the only "truth" there is, and if you don't believe it, you're going to hell" philosophy that you just espoused.  
(yada yada yada)
View Quote

Hmmm.  I espoused nothing.  You're fabricating words that I didn't say.

The words "religious-based hatred" are empty and meaningless.  Hatred, sin and evil exist with or without "religion".  Blaming religion (or more to the point, blaming God) for evil is a smoke screen and a diversion.

My point stands.  Logically, there cannot be two "truths".  I didn't say I'm the keeper of truth and I didn't threaten you or push anything on you.  Sit back, take a deep breath and [u]read[/u] what I said.

Celt, I'm not sure how you figure Emoto's abuse of scripture to prop up a false argument represents a "reasoned voice".  I'll just let ETH's calm and better-reasoned post do the talking on that subject.  Maybe you should check the bottom of your foot before sticking it in your mouth.

Big_Bear, thank you [u]very[/u] much for using your reasoned voice to bring us back on topic.

Blamm(TheReasonedVoice)O
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:25:28 AM EDT
[#7]
the medias' evil agenda is....

to sell stuff. you know, capitalism. the american way.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:25:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Whew!  I almost missed this one!!!
Quoted:
Homosexuality is wrong, and no moral-relativism/leftist/diversity BS will change that. You see, there is a difference between right and wrong.
View Quote

You might want to study history and the various cultures of the world. You will find, to your surprise and perhaps dismay, that all cultures have not been 100% in agreement with your view of what is and is not moral.
View Quote

That's the problem.  Are [u]people[/u] the ultimate authority of right & wrong?  Does each culture have the authority to define it's own morality?  I want no part of that belief system!  The people of Sodom & Gomorrah must've felt the same way.

Quoted:
No mindless drivel about "right to do as you please," "to each his own," or invoking the bloody flag of "the government shouldn't be involved" makes homosexuality moral.
View Quote

That is your opinion, and you are not alone in it. Apart from 10 commandments type things, I take no position on the morality of others. The point is not whether you and I think homos are moral or not; the point is that it is really none of our business.
View Quote

So you believe the 10 Commandments, but disregard everything else?  How convenient.  Gotta love that a la carte religion!  Relativism and cognitive dissonance are wondrous things indeed.
[Edited to fix a spelling booboo]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:33:42 AM EDT
[#9]
[img]http://www.azchatfield.net/Comebacks/thumb.asp?W=640&F=Gay_CHiPs.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:35:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Oh, and by the way...doesn't the name-calling amount to a personal attack, Hun?  And isn't there something about that in the forum rules?  Or did I forget the moderator exemption?
View Quote

Nope, here it is:

[b]7) No personal attacks towards ANYONE.[/b] If you have a problem with someone, then take it offline with them. If it's with a member of the staff or a moderator, then contact someone from the Senior Staff. [b]Attacking a person, ANY PERSON, [u]in a non-joking manner[/u] (clearly visible as a joke) will not be tolerated.[/b] This includes provoking someone into an attack.

So, did you see that little smilie at the end of each of my 'personal attacks' ~ that means it a [b]joke[/b], Son, you know, much like your own personal philosophy! [:D]

Whoops, yet another smilie!

But let me ask you, Bubboo, are your attacks on the Christians on this Board just jokes? Cause I sure don't see any smilies in any of your posts!

Eric The(AlthoughIFindAllOfThemQuiteFunny!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:39:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
And another calm, reasoned response from the "My way or go to hell" camp.
You're frothing on your keyboard, Hun.  Go burn a nice witch or something.  You'll feel better.
View Quote

And yet you seem to want to dodge my question so desperately.

Where are all those 'mindless pack of self-righteous cretins' who were screaming 'My Bible, My Bible' that you were so indignantly upset with in this thread?

You didn't point them out to us!

Eric The(ItFigures!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 12:02:06 PM EDT
[#12]
No, Hun, I'll not be baited.  I'll go away quietly and you can have the podium.  Enjoy.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 12:06:48 PM EDT
[#13]
(I said) You might want to study history and the various cultures of the world. You will find, to your surprise and perhaps dismay, that all cultures have not been 100% in agreement with your view of what is and is not moral.
View Quote

That's the problem.  Are [u]people[/u] the ultimate authority of right & wrong?  Does each culture have the authority to define it's own morality?  I want no part of that belief system!  The people of Sodom & Gomorrah must've felt the same way.
View Quote

That's kinda my point. Mankind has never been able to agree on who/what "the ultimate authority" is. Each religion seems to lay claim to the truth. Some go to war over it.

(I wrote) That is your opinion, and you are not alone in it. Apart from 10 commandments type things, I take no position on the morality of others. The point is not whether you and I think homos are moral or not; the point is that it is really none of our business.
View Quote

So you believe the 10 Commandments, but disregard everything else?  How convenient.  Gotta love that a la carte religion!
View Quote

Hey, I think the basics are ok. The rest of it is all yours.

There are a lot of snake oil salesmen out there using "the word of god" to harvest money and sow intolerance among the ignorant, finding obscure passages to justify nearly anything. I steer clear of organized religion and try to follow the golden rule. I don't give a hoot what you or anyone else thinks about it, but I want to puke when I see these rich ministers in thousand dollar suits driving cadillacs.

But that's just me.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#14]
What a Fool....

"If the parts don't fit, don't try and force them son...." is what my dad used to tell me with his 30 years of General Motors experience.  

Was he right.  Males and Females are constructed in a certain fashion in order to (ta-daaa) make more Males and Females!!  It's called reproduction.  It is a genetic 'need' of all species.  It is the way things are.  Males to Male 'unions' don't work because (ta-daaa) THE PARTS DON'T FIT.  Female to Female for the same reason.  

If by design or accident, it is clear that the human genome is designed to weed out that particular abnormality by not reproducing it on a regular basis.  I.E.  If you are 'genetically' or even 'mentally' homosexual, you will not reproduce.  Ever.  BUT now thanks to the 'agenda', same sex unions and technology can bridge that gap and make a 'family'.  Well, technology does NOT a family make.  PERIOD

BIOLOGY 101

(sorry guys, too many years in the biotech industry)

OUT
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If by design or accident, it is clear that the human genome is designed to weed out that particular abnormality by not reproducing it on a regular basis.  I.E.  If you are 'genetically' or even 'mentally' homosexual, you will not reproduce.  Ever.  BUT now thanks to the 'agenda', same sex unions and technology can bridge that gap and make a 'family'.  Well, technology does NOT a family make.  PERIOD

BIOLOGY 101

(sorry guys, too many years in the biotech industry)

OUT
View Quote
However, were that explanation accurate then homosexuality would not exist after X generations - it would breed out.  Ergo, (since homosexuality obviously exists and has been recorded throughout history) Biology 101 doesn't explain why it exists, does it?  Is it genetic?  Psychological?  Both?  Nature? Nurture?  Societal?  Even in places where it was ruthlessly persecuted, it still existed.

(Edited to add:)  Oh, and apparently the parts DO "fit."  Perhaps inserting Tab A in Slot D rather than Slot B (much less Slot C) does nothing for reproduction, but it most certainly seems to fit, or it wouldn't be going on now, would it?  Or is oral sex also an abomination to nature?

Oh, and BlammO, you were correct and I apologize.  I did read more into your post than you put there.  I lumped it in with all the others and I should not have.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 12:31:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's kinda my point. Mankind has never been able to agree on who/what "the ultimate authority" is. Each religion seems to lay claim to the truth. Some go to war over it.
View Quote

Don't confuse religion with people.  Religions don't go to war, people do.  Frequently people hide behind "religion" which is actually a human rationalization for doing wrong.  Because people throughout history have done wrong in the name of religion doesn't make religion wrong.

Quoted:
(I wrote) That is your opinion, and you are not alone in it. Apart from 10 commandments type things, I take no position on the morality of others. The point is not whether you and I think homos are moral or not; the point is that it is really none of our business.
View Quote

So you believe the 10 Commandments, but disregard everything else?  How convenient.  Gotta love that a la carte religion!
View Quote

Hey, I think the basics are ok. The rest of it is all yours.

There are a lot of snake oil salesmen out there using "the word of god" to harvest money and sow intolerance among the ignorant, finding obscure passages to justify nearly anything. I steer clear of organized religion and try to follow the golden rule. I don't give a hoot what you or anyone else thinks about it, but I want to puke when I see these rich ministers in thousand dollar suits driving cadillacs.

But that's just me.
View Quote

I'm particularly amused by "[b]finding obscure passages to justify nearly anything[/b]".  Isn't that exactly what you did?  OK, the passage you used wasn't obscure, just widely misused.

Many of the televangelists that [i]intellectually lazy[/i] people use to define all of Christianity are indeed snake oil salesman and a blight to the world.  So do these charlatans discredit the word of God?  Only in the minds of those who willingly allow themselves to be distracted by it.  The truth stands.  By the way, the bible isn't a menu of options; it's an all-or-nothing proposition.  Don't be intellectually lazy.  Pick up a copy and find out for yourself what you're rejecting.  At least then you can make an [u]informed[/u] choice.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 12:34:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Oh, and BlammO, you were correct and I apologize.  I did read more into your post than you put there.  I lumped it in with all the others and I should not have.
View Quote

No ProblemO, buddy!  [8D]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 12:40:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No, Hun, I'll not be baited.  I'll go away quietly and you can have the podium.  Enjoy.
View Quote

Dang.  I came back to find out who was being self-righteous and all I see is stunned silence.  [:P]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 12:53:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Don't confuse religion with people.  Religions don't go to war, people do.  Frequently people hide behind "religion" which is actually a human rationalization for doing wrong.  Because people throughout history have done wrong in the name of religion doesn't make religion wrong.
View Quote

Well... this is a tough one. Where does one draw the line?

Many of the televangelists that [i]intellectually lazy[/i] people use to define all of Christianity are indeed snake oil salesman and a blight to the world.  So do these charlatans discredit the word of God?  Only in the minds of those who willingly allow themselves to be distracted by it.  The truth stands.
View Quote

The truth may well stand. I will stick with the bits of it that I have been able to identify. That you have determined additional things to be the truth is all well and good for you.

By the way, the bible isn't a menu of options; it's an all-or-nothing proposition.
View Quote

Oh, I dunno about that. You are welcome to think that I am doing the wrong thing by not embracing it in it's entirety, but unless, and until I think otherwise, that's the way it is going to be for me.

Don't be intellectually lazy.  Pick up a copy and find out for yourself what you're rejecting.  At least then you can make an [u]informed[/u] choice.
View Quote

I own a couple of different versions and have read them extensively, but not in their entirety and not for many years. I like the language used in the King James version the best. I am comfortable with my level of informed decision making about it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 1:00:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Actually, the explanation is accurate, but not specific enough -- in this forum, it probably never will be!   Anyway, you make the assumption that the human genome is static.  It is not.  In addition, humans can use a force of will to reproduce (imagination) even if unpleasant.  This would be -- generally -- due to societal pressures.  

I. E.  Mom and Dad want a grandchild.  I will, even if against my desires, give them one.  The church requires X so ... etc...etc...

In addition, the need to reproduce is so strong, distaste for the 'act' can be overcome due to this need.  

As to why it exists, if it is a genetic abnormality, it could take a VERY long time to work itself out -- if ever.  Many parents of Down's syndrome, spina bifida, etc. babies had not recorded in their history that it runs in families, but it still happens.  And (obviously)it still happens in the human genome.  If it is a genetic disorder (in the most clinical sense -- NOT political!) who knows how many steps back aberrations occur!  I don't.  

As a sidebar, it could also be a case of 'mental disorder'.  An analogy would be grossly overweight individuals.  A small percentage are actually genetically predisposed to take small amount of calories and immediately store it into fat.  The large (excuse the pun!) proportion of that population simply eats too much due to various related (and unrelated) mental disorders (a misplaced 'love' of food, oral fixation, etc.)

As far as 'slots' fitting, I am pointing out an issue with reproduction and family in regards to sexuality.  

My discussion does not focus on what people do in the privacy of their homes -- I don't, and never will care what two consenting ADULTS do in private.  What is of issue is the homosexual agenda of 'normal' in the media, science, and public society.  You probably have no 'agenda' about oral sex ... or any other type of sex (other than it's fun!!!) These people do.  If they can espouse their agenda, others are fully within their rights to state their agenda.  This group (and others like it i.e. gun control groups, environmentalists, etc) actively push for the 'other' groups right to state their agenda be labled as 'hate' or 'murder'.  THAT IS MY PROBLEM WITH THE MOVEMENT.

Link Posted: 7/18/2002 1:31:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:51:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What about the two ZooBooMafoo dudes that are seen in a bathtub together(with a monkey no less).  That image still haunts me.
View Quote

Hey, the Kratt brothers rule!

I am overly tired of seeing Ann Bancroft and her "partner" on TV.

Link Posted: 7/18/2002 9:09:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Stupid homo's, you cant get away from them.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 9:16:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now, praytell, who is baiting in this thread and who is being baited?

If I'm not mistaken, the first self-righteous statement that I found on this thread was yours:

[b]'a mindless pack of self-righteous cretins screaming "My bible! My bible!"[/b]

When there were [u]no[/u] [u]such[/u] screams within earshot!

Sounds like 'baiting' to me.[:D]

Eric The(Whatever!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
To date, religious-based hatred of the homosexual (Love the sinner!  Hate the sin!) has resulted in the beatings and deaths of people who do not happen to share this particular "truth."
View Quote

There are probably people like that, but there are also people with no religious convictions at all who simply do not like homosexuals.

[i]You[/i] may not advocate or even tolerate violence towards "people not like me," but it happens and it [i]is[/i] supported, condoned, or simply accepted by people with religious convictions that tell them that homosexuality is a sin.  
View Quote

That is such BS. Listen, throughout my life I have known hundreds of people who believe homosexuality is a sin but who, by no stretch of the imagination, condone violence against homosexuals. Again, there are just certain individuals who do not like homosexuals. Those who are violent against homosexuals are much more likely to do it out of peer pressure or for ulterior motives, such as a fear of being homosexual themselves.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top