User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 706
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 12:51:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How can the judge deny that request?
ETA: Was it because KR could not have known Rosenbaum was a felon/prohibited person at the time of the incident?
View Quote

That and it's impossible to prove intent, especially when the subject is deceased. Unless he texted his buddies "sure hope sum1 brings a riffle I can steel 2nite LOL" it's pure speculation.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#2]
This judge seems to be a huge POS.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 12:53:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think it's hard to say for certain, but keep in mind this same judge did this:

Denied two motions by prosecutors in high-profile homicide case (2021)On February 11, 2021, Judge Schroeder denied two requests by prosecutors to issue an arrest warrant and raise the bail of Kyle Rittenhouse, who is accused of shooting three men during a police brutality protest in the summer of 2020. Two of the men died. Rittenhouse moved for safety reasons without properly notifying prosecutors.

"Most people out on bond, we don't know where they are," Schroeder said. "To issue a warrant now for a defendant who has appeared at every hearing, that would be breaking the law, and I'm not going to do it."[4][5]

Link Posted: 9/17/2021 12:55:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The state is gonna railroad him and send him to prison where there will be a contract out on his head. I don't see him coming out of prison alive.
View Quote
In which case the riots should be earth shattering....
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 12:57:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Are they talking about Kyle?

What's this CVS video?
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 12:57:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That and it's impossible to prove intent, especially when the subject is deceased. Unless he texted his buddies "sure hope sum1 brings a riffle I can steel 2nite LOL" it's pure speculation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How can the judge deny that request?
ETA: Was it because KR could not have known Rosenbaum was a felon/prohibited person at the time of the incident?

Wasn't he the one on video saying lets jump them and take their guns?
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 12:58:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Judge denies motion to admit the CVS statement.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#8]
"only fired this gun once"

turns out to be all the hands-on he needed
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:00:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What's this CVS video?
View Quote

Prosecutors want to show Kyle Rittenhouse video at trial

Rittenhouse talking shit as 17 year olds sometimes do while watching looters come out of a CVS saying he wished he had his gun right there. State wants that to be admitted to show he was a vigilante. This happened several weeks before the night he shot people.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:00:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What's this CVS video?
View Quote

Prosecutors want to show Kyle Rittenhouse video at trial
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:00:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Free Kyle.
Fuck BRCC.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:00:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"only fired this gun once"

turns out to be all the hands-on he needed
View Quote
Given how accurate he was that night under those circumstances, that is quite impressive.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The CVS thing that came up sorta recently is also a worrisome.
View Quote

Nope, Judge isn't having it. Specifically says that Kyle's actions have to be examined by the jury in light of the fact that there was no LE, FF or deputies in the areas, and that it all started with Kyle using a fire extinguisher.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:02:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Personally, I think Kyle's innocent of all the charges against him, even the possession charge. My reading of WI law leaves a 'donut hole' for 17 year olds to open carry rifles/shotguns.

The only tricky part is the acquiring the gun.  Supposedly, Kyle's friend in WI, Dominick Black, bought the rifle from a gun store using Kyle's covid relief check since Kyle was only 17 and lived in IL. But the rifle was kept at Black's house and only given to Rittenhouse with Black's permission. So it kinda flirts with being a straw purchase if you consider it Kyle's rifle since his money was what paid for the rifle. But most of the possession, storing, and granting of access of it was done by Black.
View Quote

I think Black basically said to the cops: I made a straw buy, but it's OK because Kyle stores the gun at my house, right?
Branca: I said, NEVER TALK TO POLICE

Anyway, I don't see where Kyle did anything illegal (except maybe drive home to Illinois with a gun in his car), but Dominick done fucked up.
And doesn't Kyle's brother live in Kenosha, and doesn't he own ARs? WTF didn't the brother buy the M&P15 and 'loan' it to Kyle and/or Dominick?
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not seeing it. He seems to be calling a lot of BS on the prosecutors.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:03:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Nope, Judge isn't having it. Specifically says that Kyle's actions have to be examined by the jury in light of the fact that there was no LE, FF or deputies in the areas, and that it all started with Kyle using a fire extinguisher.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kyle was seen with a fire extinguisher, but he wasn't the one who put out the dumpster that set off pedo and the other rioters. Some other guy with the gas station militia guys did.

edit- I guess the accusation is that he was putting out fires down the road? He must have dropped it at some point because I've never seen him with one outside of the gas station.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:05:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I think it's hard to say for certain, but keep in mind this same judge did this:

Denied two motions by prosecutors in high-profile homicide case (2021)On February 11, 2021, Judge Schroeder denied two requests by prosecutors to issue an arrest warrant and raise the bail of Kyle Rittenhouse, who is accused of shooting three men during a police brutality protest in the summer of 2020. Two of the men died. Rittenhouse moved for safety reasons without properly notifying prosecutors.

"Most people out on bond, we don't know where they are," Schroeder said. "To issue a warrant now for a defendant who has appeared at every hearing, that would be breaking the law, and I'm not going to do it."[4][5]
View Quote

The prosecutors were butthurt because Kyle went to a bar where he was treated like a hero by people who are so evil that they wear MAGA hats and proud boy shirts. Lock him up! He's not allowed to be happy and have friends!
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:05:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  Let's see what he says with the prosecutor's story part 2
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:05:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Prosecutor would probably blame a rape victim for what she was wearing.
ETA: "ARs are designed to threaten people."
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:06:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Kyle was seen with a fire extinguisher, but he wasn't the one who put out the dumpster that set off pedo and the other rioters. Some other guy with the gas station militia guys did.
View Quote

Wasn't that an older guy in an olive drab t-shirt, when Kyle was a younger guy in an olive drab t-shirt?
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:06:48 PM EDT
[#21]
I’m a prosecutor, and I really dislike that prosecutor. There’s little justice to be found in the system these days.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:06:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Those cocksuckers trying to get a donor list just made me send a few more bucks Kyle's way.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:07:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Prosecutor would probably blame a rape victim for what she was wearing.
ETA: "ARs are designed to threaten people."
View Quote
Glocks are OK though because you can conceal them.  That's exactly what the prosecutor just said.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Wasn't that an older guy in an olive drab t-shirt, when Kyle was a younger guy in an olive drab t-shirt?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct and is why I think people confuse them. My theory used to be that Rosenbaum chased Rittenhouse because of mistaken identity over the gas station incident.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:09:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Wasn't he the one on video saying lets jump them and take their guns?
View Quote

Hmm, not aware of that video, but still, Kyle couldn't have known about it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:09:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Prosecution is arguing Rittenhouse was pursuing Rosenbaum.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:14:08 PM EDT
[#28]
FBI with fixed wing and IR footage from over Kenosha that night.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:14:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Prosecution is arguing Rittenhouse was perusing Rosenbaum.
View Quote

They’re trying the “he started it” angle. The elementary school prosecution.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Glocks are OK though because you can conceal them.  That's exactly what the prosecutor just said.
View Quote

You've never faced the state arguing something huh?  They say whatever they need to say today to win.  Yesterday and anything said yesterday mean nothing.  They were just out to win that day too.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:14:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah this is new and the defense seems to be just aware of it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Prosecutor has FBI aerial video ( IR), not given to Defense. (Defense was "notified" it exists 9-3 and the can get if from the FBI).
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:15:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You've never faced the state arguing something huh?  They say whatever they need to say today to win.  Yesterday and anything said yesterday mean nothing.  They were just out to win that day too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've sat on a jury before.  The defense gets to act and the prosecution gets to forget things about their case that would help the defense.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:17:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I've sat on a jury before.  The defense gets to act and the prosecution gets to forget things about their case that would help the defense.
View Quote

Ah, then you know the nightmare of stupidity this kid is in for.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:17:30 PM EDT
[#35]
The Daily Caller reporter that was following the chase and took his shirt off to render aid to Rosenbaum never mentioned any of this in the criminal complaint. I'm skeptical...

Detective Cepress interviewed McGinnis and indicates the following:
Before the shooting,McGinnis was interviewing the defendant. The defendant told McGinnis that he was a trained
medic. McGinnis stated that he (McGinnis) has handled many ARs and that the defendant was not
handling the weapon very well. McGinnis said that as they were walking south another armed male
who appeared to be in his 30s joined them and said he was there to protect the defendant.
McGinnis stated that before the defendant reached the parking lot and ran across it, the defendant
had moved from the middle of Sheridan Road to the sidewalk and that is when McGinnis saw a
male (Rosenbaum) initially try to engage the defendant. McGinnis stated that as the defendant
was walking Rosenbaum was trying to get closer to the defendant. When Rosenbaum advanced,
the defendant did a "juke" move and started running. McGinnis stated that there were other people
that were moving very quickly. McGinnis stated that they were moving towards the defendant.
McGinnis said that according to what he saw the defendant was trying to evade these individuals.
McGinnis described the point where the defendant had reached the car. McGinnis described that
the defendant had the gun in a low ready position. Meaning that he had the gun raised but pointed
downward. The butt of the gun would have been at an angle downwards from the shoulder.
McGinnis stated that the defendant brought the gun up. McGinnis stated that he stepped back and
he thinks the defendant fired 3 rounds in rapid succession. McGinnis said when the first round
went off, he thought it hit the pavement. McGinnis felt something on his leg and his first thought
was wondering whether he had gotten shot. McGinnis was behind and slightly to the right of
Rosenbaum, in the line of fire, when the defendant shot.

https://www.wpr.org/sites/default/files/rittenhouse.pdf
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:17:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Personally, I think Kyle's innocent of all the charges against him, even the possession charge. My reading of WI law leaves a 'donut hole' for 17 year olds to open carry rifles/shotguns.

The only tricky part is the acquiring the gun.  Supposedly, Kyle's friend in WI, Dominick Black, bought the rifle from a gun store using Kyle's covid relief check since Kyle was only 17 and lived in IL. But the rifle was kept at Black's house and only given to Rittenhouse with Black's permission. So it kinda flirts with being a straw purchase if you consider it Kyle's rifle since his money was what paid for the rifle. But most of the possession, storing, and granting of access of it was done by Black.
View Quote

Does this mean we're going to see the AFT try to prosecute a straw purchase?  Look at the dog piling on Chauvin.  The feds aren't going to be content with whatever happens here.  They're going to want their piece as well.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:18:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

edit- I guess the accusation is that he was putting out fires down the road? He must have dropped it at some point because I've never seen him with one outside of the gas station.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He had the fire extinguisher in his hand and dropped it when he was jumped. Some later footage came out that was dissected you coulld see him holding it right when rosenbaum started chasing him.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:18:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Not giving a decision on the CVS video but saying a bias towards withholding it as evidence.  

Wants to see the FLIR video from the FBI surveillance plane.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

He did, just prior to circling the car with Rosembaum prior to shooting him. The Judge is getting worked hard on admission of the CVS video admissibility and is absolutely not having it.

This judge is solid.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I lol'd my way thru this douche's testimony about AR's and pistols...
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:20:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

It wasn't there for the Rioters.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:21:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Both sides ready to start trial 1 Nov
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:21:14 PM EDT
[#43]
80-100 potential jury pool. Maybe 150.
4-6 backups. Jury pool will get to view all the Vorder(sp) from another room.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:22:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Fuck the FBI. Balls deep in everything bad that happens to this country. Fuck every one of them.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:24:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Cliffs?
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Judge doesn't want a jury questionnaire.

ETA: want to avoid politics, group identification, or firearm ownership questions.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Judge doesn't want a jury questionnaire.
View Quote
Yeah, saying this will not be a political trial.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:25:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Fuck the FBI. Balls deep in everything bad that happens to this country. Fuck every one of them.
View Quote

They are the US KGB and embody every negative connotation that name carries.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Does this mean we're going to see the AFT try to prosecute a straw purchase?  Look at the dog piling on Chauvin.  The feds aren't going to be content with whatever happens here.  They're going to want their piece as well.
View Quote

Look the kid up, I'm pretty sure he's already been convicted of it for this case.  Whether it was local or federal I don't know.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:26:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Judge:  This is not a political trial and its not going to be a political trial
Page / 706
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top