Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey guys I'm not LEO but my brother is UK LEO(armed).
I hope you do not mind me posting a few pics as they are LEO related and contain guns.
Cheers
Taffy

This is my bro during NBC Classification shoot.

www.hunt101.com/img/365189.jpg

www.hunt101.com/img/365190.jpg

www.hunt101.com/img/365191.JPG

And yes my bro has an ever expanding waistline that will catch up with him soon.

Thanks for posting.   I hope he never has to use his training.
The blaze orange is crazy.

You will be pleased to know all the psycadelic Orange has been replaced with the uber tactical black (ARFCom approved) now.

Taffy

I was feeling very "Clockwork Orangeish" ultra violent while looking at the suits.

I'm singing in the rain

Just singing in the rain

Taffy
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:11:39 AM EDT
[#2]
One of the guys at the PD had a real "DOH!" moment a wek ago. We were at the range to sight in the PD supplied Bushy M4 type carbine that Chiefy Warbucks purchsed for him. He's the "team leader" for our new tac-team.

Anyway, he didn't really listen to the recommendations that HE asked for before ordering the rifles. Anyway, he bought two off the rack rifles from a local dealer. They had the Izzy hider on them, the one with three ports at 9-12-3. We were shooting side by side. My rifle, as you can see from the above pics on previous pages has a mil-spec A2 hider.

It gets dark, we do a night shoot. He has a HUGE fireball from his "flash-hider". Nothing but a tiny kernel out of mine. At first, he's convinced it's the ammo. So, I change mags with him, same results. Now, he's pissed because the ploom is so huge it interferes with his sight picture.

hilarious.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:53:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
One of the guys at the PD had a real "DOH!" moment a wek ago. We were at the range to sight in the PD supplied Bushy M4 type carbine that Chiefy Warbucks purchsed for him. He's the "team leader" for our new tac-team.

Anyway, he didn't really listen to the recommendations that HE asked for before ordering the rifles. Anyway, he bought two off the rack rifles from a local dealer. They had the Izzy hider on them, the one with three ports at 9-12-3. We were shooting side by side. My rifle, as you can see from the above pics on previous pages has a mil-spec A2 hider.

It gets dark, we do a night shoot. He has a HUGE fireball from his "flash-hider". Nothing but a tiny kernel out of mine. At first, he's convinced it's the ammo. So, I change mags with him, same results. Now, he's pissed because the ploom is so huge it interferes with his sight picture.

hilarious.

I always wondered about that...  I have the Vortex on mine and have yet to shoot it in the dark.  I have heard (and read) that it does help ALOT with flash.  Go figure that the "upper echelon" doesn't listen!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:18:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
photos.templarfirearms.com/albums/userpics/10001/AFM4.02.JPG

photos.templarfirearms.com/albums/userpics/10001/AF%20M4.01.JPG

USAF Security Forces (Police) standard M4 package...

Colt M4 Carbine 14.5" with semi and three round burst, M68 Aimpoint CompM2 red dot optic, Matech BUIS

How does the Matech work for you? I have never used one. Actually I have never seen one in person. Is it issued, or user supplied?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:27:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
img356.imageshack.us/img356/5443/img70723dk.th.jpg
img399.imageshack.us/img399/5437/img70697tj.th.jpg

Issued Sig 551 with my Blue Force sling.  Waiting on the light kit.  Not an AR but I guess it'll do.

Man! You are so wrong for that.....God I want one of those
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:51:01 AM EDT
[#6]
works well for me....

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:50:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Here is a couple of mine.........

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:28:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:54:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/k9dpd/16LMT.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/k9dpd/krink1.jpg

Nice rifles and the desert Shemagh (sp?) is a nice touch in the second pic.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:54:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:50:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I see several guns without a light mounted. Is that by choice, policy, or budget? I say that because I'm sure most of these are personally owned rifles.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I see several guns without a light mounted. Is that by choice, policy, or budget? I say that because I'm sure most of these are personally owned rifles.

Hey Lancelot!  I spoke with you a bit back about adding a light to mine.  

Although the Dept. tells me "You will be perimeter, you don't really need a light",  I just feel weird not having one on there "in case".  

I was looking into the route you and I talked about before (PentagonLight, yada yada yada), but recently came across a suh-weet deal for a Surefire (of which I NEVER thought I would own) and am patiently (well, not really) waiting for this.  I will post an updated pic of it, of course!

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:19:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I see several guns without a light mounted. Is that by choice, policy, or budget? hat

I'm not sure why they didn't give us a light when the rifle was issued, I was just told they were ordered (M3's) along with a soft case and sling.  It took about a year to get the rifle so I won't complain if the rest takes a few months to be issued.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Bushmaster Dissipator. Only addition is a white light and a spare mag on the stock. I don't believe in a lot of bells and whistles.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:49:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:15:39 PM EDT
[#17]
This:

is temporarily replacing this:

which sits in evidence.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:12:53 AM EDT
[#18]
In evidence?  Did you have to use it in the line of duty?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:24:33 AM EDT
[#19]
tag for the nice pics!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:07:05 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Yes.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:42:03 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.

Well two thoughts.

You needed it, and it was there when you needed it.

This also points out the value to having a second rifle on tap if its needed.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:13:06 AM EDT
[#22]
LPDtactical & Tominator425.  You inspired me to copy your photo.    

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
LPDtactical & Tominator425.  You inspired me to copy your photo.    

onfinite.com/libraries/774095/b77.jpg  

img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Colt_SBR/57985sm.gif

Sweet!  That is cool!  tbh that is the kinda pics I like to see, "in the field" ones.  Plus get to see how guys have their "offices" set up.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:35:36 PM EDT
[#24]
take your pick.  These are 2 of the many AR's I have.  These are the only 2 I've qualified with.  People ask why qualify with 2.  Cause one I take on the boat in saltwater has a stainless barrel and the other's chrome lined.

Andrew
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:48:47 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

(done by freeride21a)

My family is looking at me like I'm nutty.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Our PD issues a Colt AR15A3 to every officer.  I put on a different grip, sight, and light. (Eotech and Surefire) - reasons are obvious.  I like the EO better'n the Aimpoint.  BH55gr sp issed duty ammo.  Have been in 1 shooting w/this combo - worked just fine.  
i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/jlatzke/IMG_9897.jpg

I also have qualled on the sniper course with this Rem 700.  She's a shooter.
i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/jlatzke/100_1060.jpg

Our PD is great about providing officers w/ needed equipment.

On a teeny side note... is that a TD grip on your AR and if so, how you like that?  Was thinking of upgrading to that...

Sorry for the late reply (hard at work, then went on a ski trip).  Yes, is a TD.  I like it a lot.  Keeps 2 spares for the light in it, and the feel is OK for me.  No complaints.  I worked with it enough to not notice it, and that says alot to me.  I like it better than the Ergos and Magpuls, but that's personal preference.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:01:48 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Our PD issues a Colt AR15A3 to every officer.  I put on a different grip, sight, and light. (Eotech and Surefire) - reasons are obvious.  I like the EO better'n the Aimpoint.  BH55gr sp issed duty ammo.  Have been in 1 shooting w/this combo - worked just fine.  
i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/jlatzke/IMG_9897.jpg

I also have qualled on the sniper course with this Rem 700.  She's a shooter.
i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/jlatzke/100_1060.jpg

Our PD is great about providing officers w/ needed equipment.

On a teeny side note... is that a TD grip on your AR and if so, how you like that?  Was thinking of upgrading to that...

Sorry for the late reply (hard at work, then went on a ski trip).  Yes, is a TD.  I like it a lot.  Keeps 2 spares for the light in it, and the feel is OK for me.  No complaints.  I worked with it enough to not notice it, and that says alot to me.  I like it better than the Ergos and Magpuls, but that's personal preference.

Got one on as we speak!  Will post an upgraded pic when I finish with the other stuff!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Colt 6920 with M900, Eotech 552, and Troy Single Pt.  Post-pic has a Troy BUIS

Colt 6821 with Midwest Industries FSB rail, VLTOR 1" flashlight mount, SF 6P, Eotech 512 on  LT mount, Troy Single Pt, Troy BUIS

Colt 6520 with MI FSB rail, VLTOR 1" mount (now with SF E2 light), Tactical Tailor stock pouch.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:35:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Correction: 6721   (6821?)
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:17:05 PM EDT
[#30]
RRA M4 Entry Model, NSN ACOG (DRMO), SF M97 w/Turbohead, ACE Vertical Grip, MI 2 Piece handguard, Wilderness Single Point Sling w/"Out of Spec" HK style clip, PRI Military Latch, Mcfarland One Piece gas Ring, Ambi selector, and Enhanced Extractor (#60 O-Ring)

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:35:49 AM EDT
[#31]
In car pic.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:57:39 PM EDT
[#32]
COPYCAT SHOT:
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:40:29 PM EDT
[#33]

Colt 6821 with Midwest Industries FSB rail, VLTOR 1" flashlight mount, SF 6P, Eotech 512 on LT mount, Troy Single Pt, Troy BUIS

Which looks a lot like a 6721.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:33:09 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
COPYCAT SHOT:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/jsinz/DSC00425.jpg

What are those things I keep seeing in the pictures that look like a TV Screen and some kind of keyboard?  

One of these days my department will get into the late 20th Century.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
COPYCAT SHOT:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/jsinz/DSC00425.jpg

What are those things I keep seeing in the pictures that look like a TV Screen and some kind of keyboard?  

One of these days my department will get into the late 20th Century.  

MDTs (Mobile Data Terminals).  Used to dispatch calls, run DMV/DCI/NCIC for drivers licenses, license plates, wants/warrants, maps, AVL (Automated Vehicle Locator Mapping - GPS mapping system for dispatching and safety).  Our Dept. got most of ours (we are a 225 Officer PD) from Federal grants.  They are a Godsend (when they work)...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Also, I absolutely LOVE these in-car pics of the rifles!  Keep 'em coming!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:22:34 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It sure is good to see working rifles.  I am tired of all the "look how pretty my rifle is" pictures.  Mine is so scratched up and worn from being taken in and out of a patrol car on a daily basis.  My rifle knows where home is, in the mount next to my right shoulder, ready when I need it.  Not in a box in the closet.

+1

Well said!

I always say scratches add character.  Your guns are not truely happy unless they are used.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top