Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:45:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Wasn't worth the paperwork, just another heroin addict.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:45:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This. Japs used to kill themselves with rifles and use their toe to pull the trigger.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was he barefoot?  

This. Japs used to kill themselves with rifles and use their toe to pull the trigger.

Jeff Cooper said they would remove the bullet first and blow their entire head off.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

My father killed himself with a long gun like that....it's not impossible.
View Quote
Yep use your toe , friend killed himself with a 30" 1100 that way

Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#4]
When I was a kid I could accurately open all of our kitchen drawers and cabinets with my toes.

Was he wearing shoes, perchance?

Chris
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:47:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Afghanistan police had a detainee in our COP.  They decided to let the detainee pray.  The police weren't paying attention.  The detainee stopped his prayer, knocked over the afghan police officer, stole his AK, and put 3 rounds into his chest in a matter of about 10 seconds.

I kept him alive.   He actually lived for 2 weeks after we evac'd him.  Commander was pissed..because we had to provide security on the fucker...
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:47:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's not about what you know it is about what you can prove. Where was the evidence that it wasn't a suicide? Who would they prosecute? Motive is nice and all...but without evidence it wouldn't even make it to trial.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He also had at least 10 times the amount of heroin in him that would result in an OD.

Even a normal dose of heroin will cause a person to nod off pretty hard, and the last thing they would be thinking about is offing themselves.

Even if they wanted to, in their state of inexplicable bliss, they wouldn't be able to manage the shotgun.

Now up their dose to even 5x what a normal hit is, and they are catatonic.

He had an insane level of heroin in his system.

It was simply impossible for him to do anything after receiving an excessively lethal dose.

He was murdered, from a strictly investigative perspective.

This. Even the Seattle police chief at the time admits they fucked up the investigation or lack there of.

It's not about what you know it is about what you can prove. Where was the evidence that it wasn't a suicide? Who would they prosecute? Motive is nice and all...but without evidence it wouldn't even make it to trial.

Nobody wants a conviction. Just have the truth be known. That's why the documentary was released. Watch it. It's not conspiracy theory bullshit. Just watch it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:47:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

In 20ga. Remember that the barrel reciprocates too. The ejection pattern, death grip on the barrel, and the way the shotgun was oriented when the body was found are what makes the suicide questionable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
is that a Browning A5?

Model 11 Sportsman

In 20ga. Remember that the barrel reciprocates too. The ejection pattern, death grip on the barrel, and the way the shotgun was oriented when the body was found are what makes the suicide questionable.

That's what I thought too when somebody mentioned an ejected shell. I have a couple 11 patterns and Im surprised a shell would eject from a suicide gun unless the butt was planted against the floor or something.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:47:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I guess he put his shoes back on after he killed himself then!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He used the shotgun to kill himself. Just like every other shotgun suicide out there.  Get over it.

He may not have been able to reach the trigger with his hand, so he used a toe. What's the big deal? Adapt improvise overcome and die trying.

You can reach down and use a thumb.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:47:35 PM EDT
[#9]
My friend is a Paramedic and lots of times people f--- it up with long shotguns.  They lean over to pull the trigger and all they succeed in doing is blowing their face off(non fatal).
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#10]
My aunt killed herself with just a plain old fudd deer rifle, point blank to the chest, toe in the trigger. She went out to the barn so the family wouldn't have to clean up the house.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:47:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The precursor of the Model 11, The Remington Autoloading Shotgun came first.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
is that a Browning A5?

Model 11 Sportsman

Which is a licensed copy of the Auto-5.  

The precursor of the Model 11, The Remington Autoloading Shotgun came first.

A-5 - 1902
RAS - 1905, renamed the Model 11 in 1911.  

Both the RAS and the Model 11 were licensed copies of the A-5.  

Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:47:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That complicates things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He used the shotgun to kill himself. Just like every other shotgun suicide out there.  Get over it.

He may not have been able to reach the trigger with his hand, so he used a toe. What's the big deal? Adapt improvise overcome and die trying.

Both of his shoes were on

That complicates things.

Plenty of time to get dressed and put your shoes back on before you bleed out.

I thoroughly believe Kurt Cobain did not kill himself. If Courtney didn't pull the trigger herself, she certainly had a direct roll in his death. You just don't inject that much heroin without becoming a vegetable and still have enough coordination to shoot yourself. He was definitely "helped"
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:48:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I still don't care.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
He was wearing shoes people. Couldn't have used his toe!!
View Quote

No he could have used his hand...itsnot that hard..
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:48:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
He could've used his toe to pull the trigger

Edit: already covered.
View Quote

lmao...with shoes on?
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:49:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he had monkey arms yeah. Look at the pic again. That shotgun is rather long to get the muzzle on his head n still pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My father used his hand. Thumb I believe
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:49:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

When I was a kid I could accurately open all of our kitchen drawers and cabinets with my toes.

Chris
View Quote

yes there are 2 photos from the scene.  One (posted above) shows his right foot with a shoe on.  Another, shows his left foot (shoed) next to a bag with box of shells in it.

I think he committed suicide, but he didn't pull the trigger with his toe.

Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:51:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I still don't care.
View Quote

*high five*
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:51:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Wasn't worth the paperwork, just another heroin addict.
View Quote

Another heroin addict that had another $200,000 in his bank account every few days....
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:51:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No he wasn't. They also found the shotgun shell on the opposite side of him where it would've ejected. That combined with the 3 x fatal dose of heroin in his system. He put his needle away. Then got the shotgun. No way. Seattle PD determined it was a suicide the Same day finding him. Didn't treat it as a proper death investigation.

Watch the documentary. It's from the private Investigator that was hired by Courtney three days before his death because he was "missing". He knew something was wrong right away n recorded hundreds of audio tapes of their convos. She's guilty as sin and is behind his death 100%.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was he barefoot?  

No he wasn't. They also found the shotgun shell on the opposite side of him where it would've ejected. That combined with the 3 x fatal dose of heroin in his system. He put his needle away. Then got the shotgun. No way. Seattle PD determined it was a suicide the Same day finding him. Didn't treat it as a proper death investigation.

Watch the documentary. It's from the private Investigator that was hired by Courtney three days before his death because he was "missing". He knew something was wrong right away n recorded hundreds of audio tapes of their convos. She's guilty as sin and is behind his death 100%.

That documentary certainly painted a different picture, then suicide.  It was pretty well made, and presented a good argument.   If a person was interested in such crime documentaries, or curious about an alternative explanation for his death, it's worth a watch.  

I don't know, he had a fairly messed up life, with messed up people in it.  Is it possible he was murdered?  Sure.  Do I think Courtney Love could have had something to do with it.  Absolutely.  She's an amoral fruit basket, and had motive.  

Do I believe that is what happened?  ...I don't know.  But it was a good documentary.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:51:50 PM EDT
[#22]
45" long (w/ choke) with at least a 12" LOP (and probably more like 13-14") so about 33" from the end of the choke to the trigger.  Easy for an average sized guy to put the end of the barrel in his mouth and reach the trigger with a finger.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:52:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

yes there are 2 photos from the scene.  One (posted above) shows his right foot with a shoe on.  Another, shows his left foot next to a bag with box of shells in it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

yes there are 2 photos from the scene.  One (posted above) shows his right foot with a shoe on.  Another, shows his left foot next to a bag with box of shells in it.

What person with 75x the fatal dose Of heroin that would kill someone with no tolerance gets a shotgun then offs themselves. Wouldn't the dope been enough? There's no documented case of that ever happening in the world lol. Would've been a first. Maybe he was that much of a beast that nothing could od him. Unlikely.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:53:52 PM EDT
[#24]
I didn't learn crime scene processing from Netflix documentaries.  Guess I need to add to queue.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
45" long (w/ choke) with at least a 12" LOP (and probably more like 13-14") so about 33" from the end of the choke to the trigger.  Easy for an average sized guy to put the end of the barrel in his mouth and reach the trigger with a finger.
View Quote

Thanks for some actual numbers.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:54:54 PM EDT
[#26]

The barrel length listed for that model is 30 inches. The compensator adds a few inches.  That would put it at around 34 inches total barrel length.

I grabbed a yard stick and was easily able to put it against my mouth and have my index finger extend past the end of the yardstick.

I'm 6' 2"
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:55:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If he had monkey arms yeah. Look at the pic again. That shotgun is rather long to get the muzzle on his head n still pull the trigger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My father did it ...don't be obtuse ..just because it doesn't fit your narrative.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:55:49 PM EDT
[#28]
I had a very petite lady kill herself with a 12ga 870.  She tied a scarf to the trigger, looped it around the buttstock and the pulled it by hand.  One other guy actually mounted a pulley-type system to the door and ran a string to the trigger.   Most folks just reach with a finger or thumb.

Stop watching  "documentaries" and all will become clear.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:55:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That's what I thought too when somebody mentioned an ejected shell. I have a couple 11 patterns and Im surprised a shell would eject from a suicide gun unless the butt was planted against the floor or something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
is that a Browning A5?

Model 11 Sportsman

Or a shoulder. With him gripping the barrel like that and the action upside down as it was found, how did the ejected shell end up on his left hand side 3 or 4 feet away? And with nothing behind the butt of the shotgun and him gripping the barrel,  how did a long recoil gun with a reciprocating barrel eject a shell at all and not jamb?
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:56:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

My father did it ...don't be obtuse ..just because it doesn't fit your narrative.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry about your dad
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:56:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is and I saw it first hand.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:57:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was he barefoot?  

Are you saying she hired a private investigator before she killed him?   Why would anyone tip someone off before they murdered someone?
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:57:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted: Never seen such inept work.
View Quote

You LEO op?  You review all the evidence?   Sat in on any/all interviews?  

If so then I may retract my skepticism.  

ETA: your post just reads like you've cleared/worked lots of these cases giving a certain level of credence to your claim that you've "seen" a lot of police work.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I still don't care.
View Quote

then why click on the thread and post?
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:57:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, it can be done, and probably by most males.  I've done it myself (Winchester Model 12 with 28" barrel) and I'm only an average 6'00" guy.  It isn't comfortable, but it can be done.*

* No, I wasn't suicidal.  I just wanted to see if it was possible.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:57:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What person with 75x the fatal dose Of heroin that would kill someone with no tolerance gets a shotgun then offs themselves. Wouldn't the dope been enough? There's no documented case of that ever happening in the world lol. Would've been a first. Maybe he was that much of a beast that nothing could od him. Unlikely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

Is it 3x, 10x, or 75x the amount of heroin?
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Why would he shoot himself after taking a lethal dose of heroin?  Why would someone shoot him after he just took enough heroin to kill himself? Mmmmmm........
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:59:44 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Yeah, it's getting harder to believe.

Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:59:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Are you saying she hired a private investigator before she killed him?   Why would anyone tip someone off before they murdered someone?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was he barefoot?  

The argument was made that she hired the PI to help build probable cause for the suicide.   The letters she had forged were interesting.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:59:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Or a shoulder. With him gripping the barrel like that and the action upside down as it was found how did the ejected shell end up on his left hand side 3 or 4 feet away? And with nothing behind the butt of the shotgun and him gripping the barrel how did a long recoil gun with a reciprocating barrel eject a shell at all and not jamb?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
is that a Browning A5?

Model 11 Sportsman

Or a shoulder. With him gripping the barrel like that and the action upside down as it was found how did the ejected shell end up on his left hand side 3 or 4 feet away? And with nothing behind the butt of the shotgun and him gripping the barrel how did a long recoil gun with a reciprocating barrel eject a shell at all and not jamb?

Shotgun shells bounce off things.

It took us two hours to find a .45acp brass once, it ended up in the trash can under a desk as pretty as you please.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 1:00:59 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unfortunately, some people in this thread are too fucking stupid to realize this fact

But they watched some fucking documentary on Netflix and they clearly know the facts. He had a "lethal dose" of heroin in his system? I hope people realize long term heavy opiate users can take doses recreationally that would kill multiple normal people if they took them. Oh, the shell ejected to the wrong side? You do realize you can pull the trigger on a shotgun just as easily with the weapon oriented normally or upside down. Which means it could eject to either side depending how he held it. For fucks sake people
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Why would he shoot himself after taking a lethal dose of heroin?  Why would someone shoot him after he just took enough heroin to kill himself? Mmmmmm........
View Quote

She gave it to him afterwards to help with the pain?
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was he barefoot?  

To make it look like she was worried that he was missing. She filed false missing person reports with the media saying she was Kurts mom.
Saying he was suicidal. Just bought a shot gun etc. then the media just ran with it. Not to mention the suicide note was forged. They also found a sheet with a bunch of practice letters copying kurts have writing that was used to practice for said forgery. She set up hismurder.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 1:02:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Why would he shoot himself after taking a lethal dose of heroin?  Why would someone shoot him after he just took enough heroin to kill himself?
View Quote

Lol we're talking either a homicidal drug addled woman, or a suicidal drug abusing bipolar rock star so Im not so sure you'll find anything about the situation that is rational to a sober non mentally ill mind.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 1:03:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It took us two hours to find a .45acp brass once, it ended up in the trash can under a desk as pretty as you please.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Model 11 Sportsman

You also have to consider that the gun, and in turn the ejection port, could have been rotated in damn near any direction.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 1:03:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

The documentary said 75 x fatal dose for a non user. 3x fatal dose for the heaviest known users. Basically 3 needles full of shit.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So he shot himself in the head using his toe then put his socks and shoes back on afterward? All after injecting himself with 3X the lethal dose of heroine. No
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 1:03:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

He had supposedly survived multiple massive OD's before, so if he wanted it "painless" he could dope up first and pop his head off. I dont buy the whole "official" story but I don't think it was outright murder, she may have knew he was going to do this, and didn't stop him, or even helped him.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 1:03:46 PM EDT
[#50]
I've seen the documentary about his "suicide". It definitely seemed a bit fishy to me
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top