User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 9:57:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I put a 1300 lb Bull on its knees with a tree branch across the forehead, his lights were out for a second or so

Our farm's previous owner supposedly did the same thing to a bull he had.  He used to get drunk and beat the animal.  Mean bastard from all accounts.  When the bull finally got him, he dragged his intestines most of the way to the next farm down the road before he died.  Served the guy right.   I hunt and I'm a carnivore but I hate people that hurt animals for no reason.  You gotta kill it, kill it.  Do it quick and as painlessly as possible.  

You can tell a lot about a person's character by how he treats what can't fight back.

Wait until you get one running after you and you have no where to hide.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 10:05:39 PM EDT
[#2]
The only livestock around here waddles the aisles of wally world. I would be to scared of not delivering a knock out blow to its head before they sat on me.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 10:40:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Our lunatic Tervuren got crazy one day and attacked my truck head on as I pulled into the barn apron.

Dummy hit the fender at a dead run, and an audible "Whomp". I thought I had killed my dog.

Nope. Got out of the truck and there he was sitting down and acting all goofy and wobbly.
He then had a seizure of sorts for about 5 seconds, and popped up barking like crazy at me.
He was all kinds of pissed off but not aggressive.

Tossed him in the truck and off to the vet. He got cleared on X-ray with nothing broken, just a swollen area and a small hairless patch above the eye.
Yeah, you can "Knock a dog out" but your fist is gonna need surgery IMO.
Cost me several hundred bucks to get the dent outta the fender.
Cured his habit of attacking vehicles though...
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 11:03:37 PM EDT
[#4]
when I was a little kid (around 8 I think) my mom was dating this guy who was pretty big tough military guy.  I was in the front yard when a pit bull broke off a leash and went after me.  He got between me and the dog and knocked him out one punch and then proceeded to stomp the dogs neck and killed it.    Im pretty sure he probably saved my ass from serious injury or death.  The owner of the dog (very likely obama voter) thug looking dude tried to punch him and he knocked that fucker out cold in two punches.  Cop came and arrested the hoodlum for attacking him as well.  

Link Posted: 10/8/2012 11:12:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

when I was a little kid (around 8 I think) my mom was dating this guy who was pretty big tough military guy.  I was in the front yard when a pit bull broke off a leash and went after me.  He got between me and the dog and knocked him out one punch and then proceeded to stomp the dogs neck and killed it.    Im pretty sure he probably saved my ass from serious injury or death.  The owner of the dog (very likely obama voter) thug looking dude tried to punch him and he knocked that fucker out cold in two punches.  Cop came and arrested the hoodlum for attacking him as well.  

Damn, that's a bad MF'er!

Link Posted: 10/8/2012 11:17:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Heard the story of my Grandfather on my Dad's side punching a Stallion in the nose that was trying to bite and hoof him.  Didn't knock the horse out, but it stumbled too the other side of the pen, head down like "WTF, that sucked!

Link Posted: 10/8/2012 11:25:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Dad tried to knock out a water buffalo out with a 50 round belt of 7.62 once.  Half way through he decided it wasn't working and let the water buffalo run on by.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 11:31:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Got into a fight in HS with a guy who was in his 20's.
As he was about to kill me, a friend cracked him upside the head with a 40 bottle. The bottle completely shattered on his head.
Guido was neither dazed nor confused for half a second as he turned and went after my friend.
My friend ran as fast as he could. The only thing that "stopped" Guido was the MASSIVE amounts of blood that began to flow into his eyes.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 11:34:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah he was a good guy too.  Treated me like I was his kid for the few years he was with my mom.    

Link Posted: 10/8/2012 11:44:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I ko'ed a cow once.  She had lowered her head and was coming at me, stomped on the top of her head, between the ears, she dropped like a rock. Took a few minutes before she could walk and she never tried to take me again.

If you did that, I am impressed.

No joke. It would take more than that IMHO. I sure never would want to try that on cattle.
Got a video around here of a biting horse that bit my uncle one two many times. He hauled off and knocked the bastard out. He ended up breaking his hand, but the horse was out cold. I thought it was bullshit until I watched the video. Horse no longer bit after that adventure.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 4:02:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Heard the story of my Grandfather on my Dad's side punching a Stallion in the nose that was trying to bite and hoof him.  Didn't knock the horse out, but it stumbled too the other side of the pen, head down like "WTF, that sucked!

Horses respond to painful stimuli.   It's how they teach each other good manners in the herd.

Consider that horses will bite and kick each other, HARD, as a way of enforcing herd discipline, pecking order, etc,  and you will realize that

for a human to stun or knock out a horse is no small thing.

They are built to handle pain on a different scale than humans.  

Link Posted: 10/9/2012 4:20:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I put a 1300 lb Bull on its knees with a tree branch across the forehead, his lights were out for a second or so

Our farm's previous owner supposedly did the same thing to a bull he had.  He used to get drunk and beat the animal.  Mean bastard from all accounts.  When the bull finally got him, he dragged his intestines most of the way to the next farm down the road before he died.  Served the guy right.   I hunt and I'm a carnivore but I hate people that hurt animals for no reason.  You gotta kill it, kill it.  Do it quick and as painlessly as possible.  

You can tell a lot about a person's character by how he treats what can't fight back.

Bull was trying to kill me, I defended myself.  He was far from defenseless

Good KO if animal is attacking.  I didn't mean to imply you were like the dirtbag that used to own our farm.  Please accept my apology.  The knocking out a bull part was the only bit in common.  Not the reasons for doing so or the ethics.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 4:25:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You've obviously not spent much time around livestock.

Had an Uncle with a prize breeding ram. He was always pretty cool but we were never allowed to go in with him, just pet him through the door.

One day, he went plumb apeshit on my Uncle in his stall and damn near killed him.

Uncle finally got out of the stall, caught his breath, grabbed an old fence stretcher, went back in the stall and they had 'em a knockdown drag out.

Ram was down when it was over but it was dicey there for a while. That ram took many shots that I thought would surely kill him and just kept comin back for more.

Actually I grew up with sheep and have had similar experiences.  I carried a baseball bat whenever I was in the pasture with ours in case Lott (our 200# Romney Ram) decided I needed a re-location.  He got me once in a while, but I kept my eyes open around the bastard.  

In the stables it's simple.  They back up and you just head towards em until they back into a corner.  No room for a run-up, and mostly they don't charge.  There's nothing wrong with hitting back if an animal is trying to take a piece out of you.  I should have said that in my first post.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 4:28:20 AM EDT
[#14]
I choked out an ex-gfs cat once.  It was a mean little shit and it came over and latched onto my left hand, I tried smacking it, but it didn't let go, so I grabbed it around the neck and squeezed.  It took about 3-4 secs for it to pass out.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 4:33:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

^
No shit, I'd buy that man a beer then get the fuck outa his way
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 4:49:26 AM EDT
[#16]
i had a cow try biting me once....
we had just left the bar and i jumped on the grenade for my buddy who was trying to get fresh with her much smaller friend..........so we were out at the truck and she must've been hungry because she was really chompin down....anyways, she scraped her teeth across me one too many times, i had to, valiantly i might add, pull the ugly maw back with one hand and falcon punch her in the nose.  she just growled at me and resumed her attack.....by now, i was getting scared because i could see she was going to eat me alive.....i put on my brave face, ripped her head back, and gave another falcon punch......after a harsh scolding and an intense wolf stare, she straightened up and never bared her teeth again.....so, i guess i didn't knock her out, but....whatever
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 4:51:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Of all wild things I had a guy tell me he knocked out a mastif when it tried attacking...and I herd of someone knocking out a horse when it went after him.

I imagine its plssible, to some degree. Have you herd of instances like that?

I have knocked cows out before.

I killed one with a stick once, smacked him right in the fucking melon and he went stiffer than a wedding dick and just died.

That was a $600 learning experience... Ich doesn't get the stick no more
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 5:09:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
i had a cow try biting me once....
we had just left the bar and i jumped on the grenade for my buddy who was trying to get fresh with her much smaller friend..........so we were out at the truck and she must've been hungry because she was really chompin down....anyways, she scraped her teeth across me one too many times, i had to, valiantly i might add, pull the ugly maw back with one hand and falcon punch her in the nose.  she just growled at me and resumed her attack.....by now, i was getting scared because i could see she was going to eat me alive.....i put on my brave face, ripped her head back, and gave another falcon punch......after a harsh scolding and an intense wolf stare, she straightened up and never bared her teeth again.....so, i guess i didn't knock her out, but....whatever

Link Posted: 10/9/2012 5:17:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Google ,youtube,or wikipedia Mas Oyama. He was  a legendary karate master who would knock out bulls . He did it all over the world including the  USA.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 5:23:33 AM EDT
[#20]
http://www.willingtonkarateclub.org/images/oyama/IMAGE_87.jpg
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 5:36:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have an American Bulldog that I would bet you couldn't knock out.

You see, getting knocked out is caused by the brain moving violently in the cranial cavity and impacting the inside of the skull. Since my dog has no brain he can't be knocked out.

So true! But it hurts my hand evrytime I have convince my abd  that she just can't do what she wants !
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 6:06:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Not a knock out but a one punch kill.
We were at my buddy's uncles farm picking walnuts and apples out of the orchard. The farer's bull got loose and came after us like a hungry crack whore looking for a trick.
We had no where to go but the farmer was making a mad dash to us, he whooped and the bull turnedand charged the farmer.
When it got close the farmer punched the big fucking monster in the forehead, the big bastard when stiff legged and dropped.

Farmer tried to get his blade out but noticed his hand and arm was not working right. Got my buddy to fish it out for him and bleed the bull out.
Had me run up to the house and have the wife call the mobile slaughter guys and an ambulence.

Busted his hand, wrist up needing pins in the wrist. Ripped up his rotator cuff and fucked his back up. The old cuss had been a door gunner in Nam and got big n burly packing ammo and 60s.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 6:18:14 AM EDT
[#23]
I had a guy tell me how he knocked out a mule;  He was clearing some land and they were using mules.

This one mule would knock him down almost daily, one day after getting knocked down yet again he grabbed
a chunk of wood and hit it over the head. he thought he killed it...... It came to later and was the best mule after that

Link Posted: 10/9/2012 6:28:52 AM EDT
[#24]
There was a guy who used to work for us that was trying to teach his daughter's pony a lesson about biting.  He punched the pony in the head as a deterrent and it killed the pony.  

And yeah, I always kind of imagined it happened similar to the .gif on page one of Mongo hitting the horse.  This guy was maybe slightly smaller.

Link Posted: 10/9/2012 6:33:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
There was a guy who used to work for us that was trying to teach his daughter's pony a lesson about biting.  He punched the pony in the head as a deterrent and it killed the pony.  

And yeah, I always kind of imagined it happened similar to the .gif on page one of Mongo hitting the horse.  This guy was maybe slightly smaller.

I bet his daughter had a few things to say.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 6:43:45 AM EDT
[#26]
We had a rooster that was a real asshole. If you walked by him and looked him in the eye he would come after you with his spurs. Turn your head and he would leave you alone most of the time. I was working in the shed and dropped a socket in the tractor. Went up to the garage to get the magnet on a stick to retrieve it. This magnet was on a steel rod about 2feet long and mounted with a swivel. Well on the way back old rooster comes at me and I had about enough of his bullshit, so as he got close I gave a whack with the magnet. There he laid wing feathers moving in the wind. I went back to the tractor and continued working checking once in a while to see if he got up. Thought I had killed him. 15-20 minutes later he is sitting up. He eventually got up and walked off.

Several weeks later he pulled that shit again and I shot his ass.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 6:54:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Kinda how most trappers I know dispatch the critters. Sharp rap on the head with a sawed off shovel handle.
I tend to shoot coyotes with a .22 tho'...

Then, there's the time a co-worker shot a steer between the eyes with a Glock .40. The thing just shook its head and ran...
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 6:58:32 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

We had a rooster that was a real asshole. If you walked by him and looked him in the eye he would come after you with his spurs. Turn your head and he would leave you alone most of the time. I was working in the shed and dropped a socket in the tractor. Went up to the garage to get the magnet on a stick to retrieve it. This magnet was on a steel rod about 2feet long and mounted with a swivel. Well on the way back old rooster comes at me and I had about enough of his bullshit, so as he got close I gave a whack with the magnet. There he laid wing feathers moving in the wind. I went back to the tractor and continued working checking once in a while to see if he got up. Thought I had killed him. 15-20 minutes later he is sitting up. He eventually got up and walked off.

Several weeks later he pulled that shit again and I shot his ass.

Reminds me of the story about my grandmother's brother, who was actually mentally retarded.

So when he was about 13 or so, they had a rooster that would do the same thing.

One day, my great grandfather was working on something and my great uncle comes up to him and is complaining about how the rooster attacked him again today.

Jokingly great grandpa said "well, shoot the son of a bitch".

My great uncle didn't get the sarcasm.

10 minutes later my great grandfather hears a single gunshot, and shortly thereafter sees his son walking from the chicken coop area with a shotgun muttering "take that you son of a bitch."

Link Posted: 10/9/2012 6:58:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Watched my friend's Dad (large dude at the time)do it to a horse. Horse snapped at him and he grabbed it by the bridal and scored an over-hand right between the eyes. Horse didnt go down or out, but stumbled around with slinky legs for a minute or so.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 6:59:53 AM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 10/9/2012 7:02:08 AM EDT
[#31]
I punched a horse square in the forehead for kicking me once. Needless to say, it added insult (and more injury) to injury.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 7:09:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I was a kid on the farm, we had a sow that kept rooting out of her pen. We decided she needed a ring in her nose. We threw her down and got on top of her and when my friend tried to clip the ring in she threw me off and went after his ass. I took a 2X4 and hit her in the head as hard as I could and it didn't even slow her down.

lol

Crazy shit redneck kids think is a good idea.

Is that why they put nose rings on animals?  I never knew that.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 7:26:58 AM EDT
[#33]
I had an APBT who loved to chase the cat through the house. Never hurt him-she'd just pin him down and lick him until he was just a giant ball of slobbery fur. Understandably, the cat tended to run like the very demons of hell were after him. One afternoon, I was sitting in my recliner, reading a book, and I see an orange streak fly through the room, dodge under the footrest of the chair and head out the back of the house-right on his trail was all 75 pounds of target fixated dog. Cat went UNDER the footrest, dog went INTO the footrest. She hit the chair hard enough to turn it about 45*-on the carpet, with my 250 pound self sitting in it. She made it about 10 more bounds before she realized she had hit something. I think that if she actually had a brain in her head, she'd have laid herself out.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 8:21:55 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Horses respond to painful stimuli.   It's how they teach each other good manners in the herd.

Consider that horses will bite and kick each other, HARD, as a way of enforcing herd discipline, pecking order, etc,  and you will realize that

for a human to stun or knock out a horse is no small thing.

They are built to handle pain on a different scale than humans.  

Which is funny, since they are SO sensitive to even the lightest touch.

Link Posted: 10/9/2012 8:42:12 AM EDT
[#35]
I didnt knock it out. I think at most I confused it.
had a less than a year old ram get that "look" and sure enough took a step back and came after me.
I punched him right inbetween the eyes. he lost the look and gained the "well why the hell did you do that" look.
he was big enough if he got me I would have been sore for a few days. instead my hand hurt like hell for a few hours
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 10:38:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Didnt knock it out but had a big mean as the devil goat go after me once, chased me around a farm truck for about 10 minutes till I jumped up into the bed. about 3rd or 4th time he tried jumping up after me I grabbed one of his horns and hooked it over one of the boards on the side of the truck. Left his ass doing a tippy toe dance and ran as fast as I could to my truck. Heard that his owners son unhooked him about an hour later. Owner was amused when he found out what had happened. I hate f'in goats.

Gotta add, my daughter rides horses at a local horse farm. They have a miniature goat, stands like 2.5 foot tall. He and my soungest son (5 years old) have a death grudge against each other. Any time my son goes up there the goat actively seeks him out and will knock him down. My son will kick, punch etc... Goat HATES my son and my son HATES the goat. They are mortal enemies. Funny as hell whenever we go there, the minute my son is out of the truck, he's looking for the goat.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top