User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:43:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr-048CV8is
News article

A girl at work has been in quarantine because her parents tested positive. Shes been negative for 2 weeks (2 tests), and tested positive on the 15th day.

Elon Musk produced 2 negative and 2 positive tests on the same day.

The testing is 100% worthless.

edit: this is a rapid test, not a PCR test.
View Quote
I thought you meant fucking New Zealanders.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:46:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Swabbing people through the window of their automobile was a sterile environment correct?
View Quote

You make a great point. Not the one you think, but the one where it's best to remain silent.

Validating a test such as this needs to be done under sterile conditions or the validation/invalidation is not reliable.
There is no connection to field conditions in this requirement.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:46:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It means that anyone paying attention would have known the issues with those antigen tests have been known for some time, and for anyone screaming about this being some secret, that FDA letter I linked from last week effectively captures the gist of the issue and the latest guidance to the field.

Go ahead and seek out your information from "news" sites like "thisquality.com." I don't care, and I know I couldn't stop you if I did.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's impossible to "debate" when people have created an artificial reality around them.

In the real world, the problem with false positives on this type of test is well documented. No obscure "news" site needed.

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/letters-health-care-providers/potential-false-positive-results-antigen-tests-rapid-detection-sars-cov-2-letter-clinical-laboratory

People can post data, graphs, charts or articles from 20 different sources, I don't fucking care. Well documented means a pile of steaming shit. By who? How? When? No way to determine what the fuck well documented means anymore. You really have no fucking idea. Most just use the data that supports their beliefs system. Real world. Haha. What does that mean in 2021?

It means that anyone paying attention would have known the issues with those antigen tests have been known for some time, and for anyone screaming about this being some secret, that FDA letter I linked from last week effectively captures the gist of the issue and the latest guidance to the field.

Go ahead and seek out your information from "news" sites like "thisquality.com." I don't care, and I know I couldn't stop you if I did.

Let's look at that link you provided.

Remember that positive predictive value (PPV) varies with disease prevalence when interpreting results from diagnostic tests. PPV is the percent of positive test results that are true positives. As disease prevalence decreases, the percent of test results that are false positives increase.
    - For example, a test with 98% specificity would have a PPV of just over 80% in a population with 10% prevalence, meaning 20 out of 100 positive results would be false positives.
    - The same test would only have a PPV of approximately 30% in a population with 1% prevalence, meaning 70 out of 100 positive results would be false positives.  This means that, in a population with 1% prevalence, only 30% of individuals with positive test results actually have the disease.
    - At 0.1% prevalence, the PPV would only be 4%, meaning that 96 out of 100 positive results would be false positives.

The current prevalence is about 0.4% per the CDC data.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that mean that the false positive rate is somewhere between 70 and 96 percent?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:48:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Covid is a sham.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:50:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I run a molecular diagnostics laboratory and as such, am responsible for keeping tabs on the QA/QC of all our instrumentation.

I run my own sample along with the daily covid quality control specimens every morning. That's five days a week since May. Not a single positive.

Of course, I'm self-collecting under sterile conditions. As a general rule, nurses suck ass at collecting patient samples and it's during this preanalytical phase when the vast majority of testing errors occur.

PCR is the gold standard of viral testing for good reason; it's highly specific and extremely sensitive. The problem we have is that it was never intended to be used with specimens collected in assembly-line fashion in what are essentially field conditions (drive-thru testing).
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr-048CV8is
News article

A girl at work has been in quarantine because her parents tested positive. Shes been negative for 2 weeks (2 tests), and tested positive on the 15th day.

Elon Musk produced 2 negative and 2 positive tests on the same day.

The testing is 100% worthless.

edit: this is a rapid test, not a PCR test.

That's why I first clicked on this thread.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:54:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Story on fox that Chinese ICE CREAM has virus also
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:54:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The current prevalence is about 0.4% per the CDC data.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that mean that the false positive rate is somewhere between 70 and 96 percent?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's impossible to "debate" when people have created an artificial reality around them.

In the real world, the problem with false positives on this type of test is well documented. No obscure "news" site needed.

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/letters-health-care-providers/potential-false-positive-results-antigen-tests-rapid-detection-sars-cov-2-letter-clinical-laboratory

People can post data, graphs, charts or articles from 20 different sources, I don't fucking care. Well documented means a pile of steaming shit. By who? How? When? No way to determine what the fuck well documented means anymore. You really have no fucking idea. Most just use the data that supports their beliefs system. Real world. Haha. What does that mean in 2021?

Remember that positive predictive value (PPV) varies with disease prevalence when interpreting results from diagnostic tests. PPV is the percent of positive test results that are true positives. As disease prevalence decreases, the percent of test results that are false positives increase.
    - For example, a test with 98% specificity would have a PPV of just over 80% in a population with 10% prevalence, meaning 20 out of 100 positive results would be false positives.
    - The same test would only have a PPV of approximately 30% in a population with 1% prevalence, meaning 70 out of 100 positive results would be false positives.  This means that, in a population with 1% prevalence, only 30% of individuals with positive test results actually have the disease.
    - At 0.1% prevalence, the PPV would only be 4%, meaning that 96 out of 100 positive results would be false positives.

That's way outside of my lane, and I don't know what sized area that prevalence would apply. Aggregate information is famously misleading in terms of how it bears on the local reality.

But all of this is spitballing.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:56:41 PM EDT
[#9]
None of it matters. The tests, and their effectiveness, or lack of effectiveness, don't matter. The vaccine doesn't matter. For months, all we heard was " wait for a vaccine." No we have several, and it hasn't slowed down the doom train one bit. People are taking the magic vaccine they were told to wait for, then they're told to keep wearing their mask, keep isolating and keep doing all the things they were doing before the vaccine. The MSM, tyrants, Karens and doomers are all screaming about the "new strain" now. They're never going to let this go.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:05:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
None of it matters. The tests, and their effectiveness, or lack of effectiveness, don't matter. The vaccine doesn't matter. For months, all we heard was " wait for a vaccine." No we have several, and it hasn't slowed down the doom train one bit. People are taking the magic vaccine they were told to wait for, then they're told to keep wearing their mask, keep isolating and keep doing all the things they were doing before the vaccine. The MSM, tyrants, Karens and doomers are all screaming about the "new strain" now. They're never going to let this go.
View Quote

Anyone who has honestly been following the public health discussions, and not the derposphere "interpretation" of them, would know that all recommendations have been and would be driven by statistics.

The statistics most decisions have been focused on up to now have been the cases reported and the test positivity rate. Virginia has specifically been tracking its test positivity rate data with PCR tests only due to the problems manifesting last year with the antigen tests.

Open public discussion of a public issue requires an informed public - one informed by facts, not memes.

We can and should debate openly about what measures should be in place relative to what statistics, but to suggest that anyone ever said merely having a vaccine would cause a rollback in such guidance, as opposed to observed statistics, indicates someone who has very strong opinions but hasn't taken the time to actually learn about the discussions outside of the derposphere.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:07:58 PM EDT
[#11]
LOL, at first I thought this thread was referring to New Zealanders.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:47:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
First of all that is a "rapid test" not a PCR test. Major difference.

Second that is NOT I REPEAT NOT a sterile environment.
See the two figures without masks behind the person doing the "test?"

Any experiment conducted under such circumstance is retarded as the area WOULD be contaminated.

But carry on with your ignorance.

View Quote

Are you saying one of the people without a mask has covid and breathed on it?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:17:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So Kiwis cause China virus?

Got it. Don't really like them much anyway.
View Quote

Fun Fact -

back in the day, Kiwi fruit were named "Chinese Gooseberry" so maybe there is something to this.

The NZ export dept got the name changed to "Kiwi Fruit" to make them more easily sellable as a NZ export product.
Originally they only grew in NZ. Then some enterprising growers figured out how plant and harvest them in CA.

Turned a $3 specialty product into a $0.20 commodity.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:24:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This is just like when the Kiwis stole the America's Cup.  
View Quote

And they are gonna keep it again, this year.
As in right now, this week, and it is incredible racing / sailing.
Boats are doing over 50 knots.!!!!
https://www.americascup.com/https://www.americascup.com/

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top