BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:06:43 PM EDT
[#1]
8 and up?

My little Marine was grouping well when he was only 4...

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:43:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep them and teach them to load mags
You will need all the help you can get

Till the rest of ARFCOM gets there
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:31:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Think about it this way, what if it was your kids and you were dead?

Would you want someone to leave them to their deaths, or help them?

No question in my mind, They would be coming with me!

Hypotheticals are fun to debate because there are never ending possibilities. For example.

You die, you have one child. A man with his own two kids come and find your kid. Theoretically if the man took your kid with him it slows the group down they get caught in a Zed mob and the man and all three kids die. If he had left your child him and his two kids would have moved faster and never been trapped...

What would you say if you had known all that ahead of time.

P.S. Again, I said to take them and still do. Just sparking thoughts.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:01:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
you have to think long term. if you have boys then take them, if you have girls then they cant help restart humanity. in the end though, i say if they can aim a gun, they can come.

They arent going to be 4 forever.  If your thinking long term...when they hit 18 provided you still have swimmers yourself you dont have to have sons.  And the wife cant even get mad at you...because its for the good of humanity.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:00:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Think about it this way, what if it was your kids and you were dead?

Would you want someone to leave them to their deaths, or help them?

No question in my mind, They would be coming with me!

Hypotheticals are fun to debate because there are never ending possibilities. For example.

You die, you have one child. A man with his own two kids come and find your kid. Theoretically if the man took your kid with him it slows the group down they get caught in a Zed mob and the man and all three kids die. If he had left your child him and his two kids would have moved faster and never been trapped...

What would you say if you had known all that ahead of time.

P.S. Again, I said to take them and still do. Just sparking thoughts.

Of course thats a possibility, but its an unknown that you don't know will happen.  Its a gamble, there are pros and cons to both decisions.

Personally, I do what I can when I can....
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:05:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Any honerable American man would have to help them somehow
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:19:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
you have to think long term. if you have boys then take them, if you have girls then they cant help restart humanity. in the end though, i say if they can aim a gun, they can come.

They arent going to be 4 forever.  If your thinking long term...when they hit 18 provided you still have swimmers yourself you dont have to have sons.  And the wife cant even get mad at you...because its for the good of humanity.

"But honey! I have to nail all these hot young women in order to save the world!"

I like the sound of that... New perk to being part of the paranoid but prepared arfcom zombie team.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:48:41 AM EDT
[#8]
The logical side of me says leave them, I gotta protect and worry about me and my family, however, I would save them. While a hassle in the short term you will soon find uses for them. Gathering supplies, look outs, carrying gear, loading mags, getting water, chopping wood etc... I did all of that stuff as a child and more. The situation would obviously dictate the answer though, as stated before if they are surrounded with little hope and I am bugging out, I hate it for them, but in your senerio I save them.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:45:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Short term, they will be a drain on your assets.  But you have to look at the long term, where they will be an asset.  More hands for labor, more eyes and ears for watch keeping, and more guns in the fight.

That being said, at some point one will have to draw a line.  How many stragglers can one pick up and support. It's all well and good if the people you are picking up come with assets such as guns, ammo, and food.  But how many of the unprepared can you adopt into your clan before you all become an all you can eat zombie buffet?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:06:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Short term, they will be a drain on your assets.  But you have to look at the long term, where they will be an asset.  More hands for labor, more eyes and ears for watch keeping, and more guns in the fight.

That being said, at some point one will have to draw a line.  How many stragglers can one pick up and support. It's all well and good if the people you are picking up come with assets such as guns, ammo, and food.  But how many of the unprepared can you adopt into your clan before you all become an all you can eat zombie buffet?

That brings to mind "The Colony" while mostly bull crap the one true display seemed to be how they would give food and water to just about anyone, and once you do it the first time they come back with more people for more hand outs. How many people are you willing to try and save while putting yourself at risk. It is great if you are a bleeding heart religous person or what not, but at some point you have to think about yourself and yours instead of others and theirs.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:11:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Arm them
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:03:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I know this forum is a joke and all, but if you'd leave two helpless children to starve to death when you have the means to help them then I'm afraid that it is too late, you are already a zombie.

Might as well take the headshot now and save someone else from having to do it.

WHAT!?

I call dibs on everthing of yours

forum is a joke
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I would keep them because they could always do something usefull such as a lookout or help with other things.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top